TA Exp F/U Need help

TA Exp F/U Need help

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Zman.3078

Zman.3078

So I’m with some guildies on the f/u path and we cant beat the final boss. We have tried everything on just about every guide we have found and noting has worked. Any suggestions?

TA Exp F/U Need help

Posted by: Kirschwasser.3972

Kirschwasser.3972

There’s another thread on this which has plenty of suggestions on it.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/dungeons/Fix-the-Twilight-Arbor-Forward-Up-Path/page/4#post2690243

TA Exp F/U Need help

Posted by: Wukunlin.8461

Wukunlin.8461

what exactly have you tried and what exactly went wrong?

Oceanic [LOD]

TA Exp F/U Need help

Posted by: Dolan.3071

Dolan.3071

All party members should have gear with Power as the primary stat, condition damage actually isn’t so rubbish on this boss but let’s not get into that. It’s basically just a DPS race, easiest way is to have coordinated reflects (guardian works best IMO) and burst him down before you get overwhelmed by spiders that ignore reflects/your reflects run out. Note you can melee cleave through the boss for double the damage, so bringing Warriors/Guards/Ele’s is a safe way to go, as always single target DPS isn’t as good here. (Though other classes can pick up a Fiery Greatsword/Lightning Hammer to make the most of cleave.)
Also kudos on not just branding this path impossible and crying for nerfs.

Uriel Asther ~ Warrior | Kaya Lereau ~ Elementalist | Natalie Fox ~ Thief
Skye Eterna ~ Mesmer | Arya Slade ~ Charrdian | Kiera Thine ~ Ranger
Oceanic ~ [LOD] [Noob]

TA Exp F/U Need help

Posted by: ForGreatJustice.3452

ForGreatJustice.3452

Like Uriel said, I appreciate that you are asking for advice as opposed to the many others that kitten and complain about the path without seeking advice.

This is my tip in addition to what’s been posted (works for melee or ranged):

• Double-dodge the tree’s shake animation. That’s what spawns spiders. The green goo (eggs) that fly from him can be evaded and if your group can avoid that, guess what, no spiders to deal with.

This mechanic alone is what most pugs experience in failing. Even if we assume that everyone in a pug is wearing terrible non-zerk gear, horrible traiting/builds, and can only spam their auto 1 chain, if they can just use their dodge bind twice back-to-back on one very obvious tell, then the boss becomes a cake-walk.

TA Exp F/U Need help

Posted by: Blood Red Arachnid.2493

Blood Red Arachnid.2493

There are a couple of other tactics than burning down the boss, although that one is preferred since it avoids the fight the most.

The cheesiest is to have speedy, highly evasive classes with good condition cleanse kite around the boss in circles while attacking him. The ranged attacks are slow and the recluses are slower, so if you can run fast enough, you’ll be able to kite them endlessly. Doing this, you can solo the boss.

Another tactic is to sit near the entrance of the room, attacking at 1200+ range with a few players while the rest fend off the spiders that continue to spawn and attack. The initial wave of spiders can be problematic here, but after you have cleaned out the hordes in front the spiders actually spawn slow enough that you can easily kill the ones that try to attack you. The hard part is just getting to that point.

I don’t have opinions. I only have facts I can’t adequately prove.