TA F/U Final Boss Question/Problem

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: cranked.3812

cranked.3812

So, I PUG’d this path with one guildmate. We had no issues getting to the final boss, the nightmare tree. When we got there, we just couldn’t beat him. Someone said that you need to range him so we tried that and were overrun with spiders almost immediately, we then wiped and nothing reset (not sure if it’s suppose to), but the problem became the shear number of spiders left behind after wiping.

From there on out, we tried everything, melee, range, kiting, some combination thereof. We tried at least 8-10 times and never even came close. This was my first time on this path and dungeon other than story mode. What is the trick to beating the tree boss? I felt like something was either broken or it was impossible (which I know isn’t true considering many people have beaten it).

Posted by: Delay.6908

Delay.6908

You need to chain your reflects/projectile destruction. And stack inside of it, i prefer melee stack since its quicker but i think range works aswel if you have reflects.

this is an example of doing it quick: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W0B3ua0GEq8&feature=youtu.be if your into that

Dr Winston | [DnT]

Posted by: Wukunlin.8461

Wukunlin.8461

big thread here: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/dungeons/TA-F-U-spiders-change/page/3#post2268298

basically, best strat atm is to rush into melee range and chain anti projectile skills together and burn the boss down. High dps helps, but since you can’t crit PVT gear is actually viable.
What I don’t know is how to deal with it after you wipe. It may be possible to get the whole group to run through the spider into the boss and get your guardian/mesmer/ranger/thief etc to pop anti projectile skills and start killing it.

edit: winston beat me -_-

Oceanic [LOD]

Posted by: Delay.6908

Delay.6908

get on my level of posting quickly

Dr Winston | [DnT]

Posted by: cranked.3812

cranked.3812

Thanks for the links. It was pretty frustrating. I think that there were literally 100+ spiders in that room. And they all do an insane amount of damage per hit. We tried to run in and melee after the first wipe and we wiped in I would guess 3 seconds from how fast and hard those spiders hit when there is that many of them.

Posted by: Mad Rasputin.7809

Mad Rasputin.7809

This fight is insane right now.

My party eventually did it by having 1-2 kite the entire spider mob around the tree while the rest of us DPSed the tree down from range. It eventually worked. None of the reflect strategies were working for us. So we finally ended up doing this.

Posted by: HELLruler.4820

HELLruler.4820

There’s not an easy way to fight it now. You can go ranged without aggroing the spiders behind the tree, but the ones in front of it wont stop respawning. ANet breaking dungeons, gj

Posted by: laharl.8435

laharl.8435

big thread here: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/dungeons/TA-F-U-spiders-change/page/3#post2268298

basically, best strat atm is to rush into melee range and chain anti projectile skills together and burn the boss down. High dps helps, but since you can’t crit PVT gear is actually viable.
What I don’t know is how to deal with it after you wipe. It may be possible to get the whole group to run through the spider into the boss and get your guardian/mesmer/ranger/thief etc to pop anti projectile skills and start killing it.

Actually you can still melee stack after a wipe. A couple of us died on the first try because we ran in too fast and got killed by the lifesteal it does on the NPC. We had 2 guards and a mes, so plenty of reflection. We just ran in, popped reflection and chained them. It went very fast. Thanks to Nikaido for enlightening me on how to do this after the change.

Posted by: Crovax.7854

Crovax.7854

Well if anyone from EU still needs this path, i’m standing in front of the boss right now alone and waiting for someone to help

As was said, guards and mesmer would be preferred

Posted by: Wukunlin.8461

Wukunlin.8461

Actually you can still melee stack after a wipe. A couple of us died on the first try because we ran in too fast and got killed by the lifesteal it does on the NPC. We had 2 guards and a mes, so plenty of reflection. We just ran in, popped reflection and chained them. It went very fast. Thanks to Nikaido for enlightening me on how to do this after the change.

good to know, I wasn’t sure that would work because I last did that path was 2012 and forgot how vicious those adds are. I would imagine consecrated ground trait can be useful in pugs to throw down the WoR or sanctuary to mark a spot that everyone can run to.

Oceanic [LOD]