TA F/U final boss

TA F/U final boss

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: HoboLyra.4908

HoboLyra.4908

Really, this boss is bullkitten. No AOE or you aggro hundreds of spiders so mesmer clones/phantoms are out. They spiders have WAY to much health adn do some pretty hard hits when there are tonnes of them… the other bosses are fine this one is bullkitten.

-Tarnished Coast-
Obsidian Spire OS / EXS

TA F/U final boss

Posted by: x per fection x.2096

x per fection x.2096

Well, you could use feedback on them. If u have a guard u can use wall of reflection. Rest of the fight is just auto attack and dodge when it shakes. Extremely easy but Extremely boring.

If you get to many spiders you can always run backwards

[Ark]Noober

TA F/U final boss

Posted by: Justin.7163

Justin.7163

Yeah this boss is pretty dumb and is one of the reasons why I try to avoid F/U path at all costs. Basically the fight consists of standing as far away from the Nightmare Tree as possible and spamming skill 1 auto-attack with long ranged weapons. It’s boring and stupid. Try using other skills and you’ll either wipe your party or risk getting berated/kicked.

TA F/U final boss

Posted by: fkay.9380

fkay.9380

If you have enough dps and reflections (shield of avenger, wall of reflection, sanctuary, feedback) you can go into melee range and just dps it down instead. Not possible always since most groups lack one or another, but still a viable and faster tactic.

Yet I agree that if you have to do ranged it’s a chore, mostly because someone always end drawing unnecessary aggro from spiders or keep getting downed from the shake attack (even if you can see the attack coming from moving your camera up).

Fkay/Fka/Avki/Lihx/Serph/Fábio/Zolvag/Yemowo
[LOD]

TA F/U final boss

Posted by: BobbyT.7192

BobbyT.7192

This boss is pretty simple, it going to be next to impossible not pulling anything because the npc loves to emo dive right in, pulling everything. Plus you got mobs at the side that are very easy to pull.

Honestly i don’t worry about it anymore. I go in there expecting to pull them, and am prepared to deal with them as they do. at one point the mobs around the boss will be cleared, and then you can dps it down safety, it’s just not going to be fast.

TA F/U final boss

Posted by: SoliSnake.9457

SoliSnake.9457

all TA final boss can be doned in melee range just need a decent dps and 1 guardian

Solisnake(Elementalist)Lighting Rajin (Guardian)
YamataNoOrochi(Warrior)Ziggy Th White Duke(Mesmer)Aleandro De La Vega(Ranger)

TA F/U final boss

Posted by: Chopps.5047

Chopps.5047

Really, this boss is bullkitten. No AOE or you aggro hundreds of spiders so mesmer clones/phantoms are out. They spiders have WAY to much health adn do some pretty hard hits when there are tonnes of them… the other bosses are fine this one is bullkitten.

Kill like ten waves of spiders when they stop coming, make sure you use single target attack on tree, dodge his shaking aoe attack, easy as pie. Rock on!

Tin Foil Hat Hearer »—> Ranger Extraordinaire »—> “Be like water…”

TA F/U final boss

Posted by: Lord Kuru.3685

Lord Kuru.3685

small area aoe’s won’t aggro spiders — for example guardian scepter #2 aoe can be placed entirely on the tree’s body.

TA F/U final boss

Posted by: Ruruuiye.8912

Ruruuiye.8912

Just burn down the spiders with AOE. Their numbers are finite.

TA F/U final boss

Posted by: Chopps.5047

Chopps.5047

This!

Tin Foil Hat Hearer »—> Ranger Extraordinaire »—> “Be like water…”

TA F/U final boss

Posted by: Tony.6028

Tony.6028

The Nightmare Tree is a tank/spank no matter which path you do. With a dedicated, coordinated group, you can melee and DPS it down, but in a PUG, ranged is almost always best. You don’t always know what other players are going to do, so ranged you can both stay safe and watch everybody.

As for the spiders, kill the ones that aggress you, and do so immediately. Dodge the cha-cha dance, and you’re golden. Killing it ranged only takes a minute or two.

TA F/U final boss

Posted by: Justin.7163

Justin.7163

Someone should fix the wiki if this be true.

TA F/U final boss

Posted by: penatbater.4710

penatbater.4710

D: I’ve always thought the spiders were infinite! Thanks for the tip!

Don’t disturb me, I have a cat in me at the moment.

TA F/U final boss

Posted by: Flissy.4093

Flissy.4093

The only constantly spawning spiders are the one you fail to dodge (it slams it’s left fist into the ground, then shakes, dodge ~3 seconds after this). Failing to dodge that = spiders spawn.

All it takes is 1 or 2 people to not know what to do. I duo-ed this boss with a friend today, it’s really not hard as long as you get the dodging down.

Light Up the Darkness
“Dear ANet, nerf Paper, Scissors is fine. Sincerely, Rock”
Elysaurus | Warrior | [LOL] | League of the Legendary | Gandara (EU)