TA - Forward - Up - Mesmer boss - Crash?

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: RyuuAkari.6589

RyuuAkari.6589

So a guild mate and I decided to make a PUG TA group. We did pretty well with the first part, up, so we decided to take the group to next path, forward up. Now clearing the trash mobs went smooth no problem, passing those death swarm no problem, but then we came to this mesmer boss. We triggered the cinematic cut and off the fight goes. after bashing on her till she got to 50% health remaining the entire client crashed. We all logged back in and asked yourself “wtf is going on here?” “kitten?” So we decided to give it another shot… running back the long way, fighting the mesmer boss took about 10% of her health then, BAM! another client crash. Beginning to be frustrated we though of… we’re going to do it the last time, if it does crash we quit. So we ran the long way up again and bashed the mesmer boss. At the beginning I thought the fight would be fixed, but kitten you lyssa faked it again and another crash report came. Knowing this was our last attempt we gave up continuing.

The moral of this is… Does it often happen cause I can’t remember seeing this crash ever before in any dungeon I have done. Sure the boss might be bugged and glitched, but entire client crash?

As an additional information… I play on the server Gate of Madness, and we also decided to..

a) Skip the dogs in the beginning
b) Skip the tree creature in the beginning.

but still skipping these monster shouldn’t have impact on the dungeon or does it…?

Welcome to the Void! Here we gaze back into the Mist. With Hope. And Desperation.

Posted by: Flabber Babble.8720

Flabber Babble.8720

Yes, we experienced this as well. The two things we did to subvert it:

1) let Leurent die before engaging… and

2) fight Vevina down in the small clearing where she stands (in other words, dont shoot from up on the hill leading to her)

We realized if she blinks up too far on that hill it sets the bug in motion. We even noticed individuals crashing from fighting too far up that hill, while the rest of the party was still engaged on the bottom.

Hope that helps ease any frustration until this bugged gets fixed.

Posted by: Buff Jesus.4263

Buff Jesus.4263

if you fear the boss as shes invisible, or if she turns invisible as shes feared the game will crash

what ive noticed so far
so just never fear her during the fight and you should be fine

Posted by: Shiren.9532

Shiren.9532

I want second Buff Jesus so that more people know what seems to be causing this and how to avoid it. The Vevina crash seems to be caused by fearing Vevina under certain situations. It’s usually when she is about to go/going invisibile/teleporting. I’ve noticed the last two times the boss crashed I was using my pet’s howl to cause fear right as she disappeared.

The simplest solution to avoid this bug until they fix it is to not use any fear skills against her (including pets and rune effects). Don’t forget to let your party know this.