TA aether changed?

TA aether changed?

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: PraetorMortis.8610

PraetorMortis.8610

All of sudden can’t past the ooze room. Used to use the method of pulling all the lava eles together and kiting them while runners pulled the oozes. Now the elementals leash if you bring them too far from their spawn point and they drop aggro off you no matter how much damage you do to them as soon as an ooze comes near them.

I remember being able to do this path when it came out. Now it seems undoable. Did something change?

TA aether changed?

Posted by: Capella The White.9856

Capella The White.9856

We tried to run this Friday night Dec 14. We could not get the elementals to hold agro, we pulled them to the far right corner, but as soon as the oozes left their spawn pool, the elementals de-agro and book it back to the oozes. There seems to be no way to hold the elementals now, and no way we could find to dps them down in time, knock them back, or reflect their damage. Once the oozes start moving elementals home directly to them. Is this intentional? If so, I would love any suggestions on how to complete this room now. High dps wont do it, agro and hold wont do it, shielding wont do it. knock backs wont do it . Any other ideas?

(edited by Capella The White.9856)

TA aether changed?

Posted by: Lilith Ajit.6173

Lilith Ajit.6173

I have no idea.

But this is really funny. Sudden stealth buff to the path that replaced tafu (which was already not run before) will make the already few people who run it likely not run it again. Lol, déjà vu

[ARES]
And all who stood by and did nothing, who are they to criticize the sacrifices of others?
Our blood has bought their lives.

TA aether changed?

Posted by: Jekil.7269

Jekil.7269

this path is broken it is not playable until they fix this

TA aether changed?

Posted by: mooty.4560

mooty.4560

I’ve spent considerable time in this room and I don’t think it’s changed much. The best technique remains using a guardian to spam CC and block/reflect elementals. You can also do fairly well with blind spam(i.e. smoke screen or smoldering arrow) and using heavy DPS on eles, warrior has the added benefit of immobilize along with damage.

TA aether path is borderline “this class”, “this build” or “this team composition” required to complete, a la instances in most other mmorpgs where players are forced to strategize and work as a team. Maybe our expectations are lowered because we’re used to steamrolling dungeon paths with full ’zerker gear and stacking without much of a second thought.

TA aether changed?

Posted by: Elrey.5472

Elrey.5472

this is too easy, i just done it on 1st try, just make 1 person on each side gather elementals of each side, they will only reset to position if they go to the other side, so… don’t ever move across fire.

then 2 others move oozes and start killing elementals, no needed even a 5th player

ES Wiki Sysop. Vanquiser of the Marionette, Lover of the Aetherpath.
Aens / Ellantriel / Nao To Mori / Saelyth. Commander
Guias de Raids en español / Spanish raiding guides

(edited by Elrey.5472)

TA aether changed?

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

It’s still very doable.

TA aether changed?

Elrey.5472

this path is broken it is not playable until they fix this

Not broken, i suceeded the whole dungeon more than 30 times in 2 weeks, i just love it.

Just takes teamwork, good attitude, patience and probably 2 hours

TA aether changed?

Posted by: Capella The White.9856

Capella The White.9856

Have you run this recently? Guard reflection works until the oozes start moving. Then elemental ranged attacks pass right though it. I have run this path 3 times on different dates before this fail run, and didn’t have any issues with this room. Now you can’t hold agro once the oozes start moving, and good luck dps ing them down before they kill the oozes.
Something has changed.

TA aether changed?

Elrey.5472

Have you run this recently? Guard reflection works until the oozes start moving. Then elemental ranged attacks pass right though it. I have run this path 3 times on different dates before this fail run, and didn’t have any issues with this room. Now you can’t hold agro once the oozes start moving, and good luck dps ing them down before they kill the oozes.
Something has changed.

I repeat, i have done it succesfully 30 times in the past 2 weeks, with pugs (yeah, even better… ). I never did it before 2 months ago so i don’t know how it “used to be”. But right now is doable even with 4 players and quite easy when you understand how to do it.

I guess i’ll explain how, sigh.

- Players A and B waits outside room for a signal, doing nothing but watching. They will never hit elementals or help others.
- Player C and D will join room first.
- Player C will take north side, he kills his side ooze to make elementals only follow him (elementals will help to kill ooze, don’t attack them yet) and when ooze dies, then he attacks only once the elementals of his side. Then RUN to the the very end of the path (all his side elementals will follow him before ooze respawn) and keep them alive until all elementals of both sides are at the end of their paths.
- Player D will do the same, just on the south (left) side.
- When all elementals of each side are grouped at the end by those 2 players, then someone will give two calls. The first one, “GO”, is for the 2 people outside the room to enter and get oozes.
- Player A will use the left path plant to get buffed and move ooze to the end.
- Player B will use the right path plant to get buffed and move ooze to the end.
- The second call, “KILL”, will be called as soon as they 2 used the buff plant (2-3 seconds after the “go” call) and is for the 2 players keeping oozes alive to nuke them as soon as possible because oozes are coming.
- The oozes will get to the end very smooth, not an issue if you have done this right. Player C and D, however, must be ready to Control or hit elementals just in case any respawn at that moment.

Doing this strategy, the room is piece of cake and you dont need a 5th one, but i always like to put my 5th player with the 2 gatherers, makes the nuke phase easier. If any elemental spawns before the oozes are more than half-way done, you did something wrong. They will still spawn if you do it average, but your group will only have to deal with 1-2 elementals and not all 7 of them.

Sidenotes:
-Player A and B must never hit elementals.
-Player A and B must not let oozes catch them, if they do they will stop and try to hit the player, wasting some precious seconds.
-Player C and D, don’t ever kill 1 elemental alone. For this strategy to work, they all must die at same time.
-Player C and D can help the other player killing on the nuke phase.
-It’s all timed. Ooze respawn won’t bother elementals if C and D run away after they killed the first ooze. Kill call will leave elementals respawn window to make only 1 elemental appear near the end of the path, others will never come to you.
-If something fails on that strategy, DON’T keep trying, just reset, everyone exits the room, wait about 10 seconds, then go in and try again.

Good luck, if everyone follows this you won’t need more than 3 minutes in this room.

P.S. Sorry about my english, i’m spanish
P.S.2, If you are on EU, add me as friend and i’ll show you how to do it.

(edited by Elrey.5472)

TA aether changed?

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

^ This sounds similar to my strategy. Basically, there are two groups; Elemental tanks and Ooze guides.

1. Elemental tanks (usually Guardians/Warriors or some other class with good sustain) go in first, one on each side. They aggro up the Elementals and pull them to the far door. Third player (usually Elementalist, support Engineer etc.) now goes over and uses his skills to help keep them alive. DO NOT KILL THE ELEMENTALS YET.

2. Ooze guides now go in, one on each side. They get the buff, and start leading the oozes to the door.

3. Elemental tanks now start killing the elementals, with support from the 3rd player. They should be able to kill the elementals when the oozes get to halfway through the fire paths. There is now enough time for the oozes to reach the door unhindered before the elementals respawn.

TA aether changed?

Posted by: Agony.3542

Agony.3542

Well our approach was to prepare the room by killing the elementals one by one (one player on one side, two on the other) and then letting 2 players kite the oozes. Once an elemental respawned we just nuked it down again. This however only works if the elemental kiling players run high damage setups. Thiefs would be the best for elemental killing since their auto attack is single target (wont hurt the ooze, will get time between respawns). Using relfection skills like guardian wall, mesmer curtain, engi elixir, thief smoke screen (not a reflection but good enough) or pathblocks/cc on the elementals will help aswell.
When I ran the instance it was pretty much impossible to bind the elementals aswell, so there probably was no change made.

RIP game 2012-2014

TA aether changed?

Posted by: spoj.9672

spoj.9672

My group ended up nuking them all at once and then kiting the ooze down during the period before the elementals respawned. You only needed a few blinds and reflects for the last stint that way.

TA aether changed?

Elrey.5472

Way to go Anet. You took a dungeon that was hard enough to find a 5th for (I run it as a guild) and made it even more difficult to complete pushing away the few players that did it. The logic behind that is a bunch of kitten and really needs to be reevaluated. Brb every dungeon in the game is obnoxiously easy….the one that was fun due to its challenge aspect was made ridiculously difficult without warrant. If that’s going to be the mindset for dungeon updates going forwards, I guess I’ll just move onto another game.

-oozes requires minor coordination and just 2 calls between your players.
-boss 1 only requires someone cleaning oil.
-boss 2 i soloed it several times.
-boss 3 (last boss) i soloed it dozens of times.

wich part of that is ridiculous difficult? The reality that i can solo it and groups wipes easily it only means 1 simple fact: Mechanics matter.
In the other dungeons everyone just stack, dps, ignore mechanics… Here you can’t ignore or cheat, just do it the way it’s intended to be done and this run is one of the easier ones.

TA aether changed?

Posted by: Kanto.1659

Kanto.1659

Way to go Anet. You took a dungeon that was hard enough to find a 5th for (I run it as a guild) and made it even more difficult to complete pushing away the few players that did it. The logic behind that is a bunch of kitten and really needs to be reevaluated. Brb every dungeon in the game is obnoxiously easy….the one that was fun due to its challenge aspect was made ridiculously difficult without warrant. If that’s going to be the mindset for dungeon updates going forwards, I guess I’ll just move onto another game.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/dungeons/TA-Aether-path/first#post3382723