TA path fwd/up

TA path fwd/up

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: moiraine.2753

moiraine.2753

Las boss spiders in this dungeon is either bugged or is changed.It’s just not possible to spawn so much trash.I understand to have some increase but not like this.It’s just not killable.
We tried kiting,max range,splitting the spiders in 2 tunnels,4 people killing one dpsing.Nothing works.The trash is just so much that it’s not funny any more.

TxS – Tequatl Slayer Alliance (EU)

TA path fwd/up

Posted by: Vascurie.2479

Vascurie.2479

I agree! It’s too hard, even when party members have all full exotic gear and are on 80 lvl!

TA path fwd/up

Posted by: Nike Porphyrogenita.8137

Nike Porphyrogenita.8137

Try melee’ing it with full reflect uptime.

Death and Taxes [DnT]
http://www.twitch.tv/nike_dnt
DnT is Recruiting – http://www.dtguilds.com/

TA path fwd/up

Posted by: Vascurie.2479

Vascurie.2479

I’ll try it next time, thanks.

TA path fwd/up

Posted by: Broadicea.8294

Broadicea.8294

Do you guys have any videos yet of doing this on a second attempt, i.e. once the room is in a state of maximum spider spawns? Not saying it can’t be done, but it is significantly worse if you don’t get it right the first time.

Retired. Too many casuals.

TA path fwd/up

Posted by: Mayumi.8627

Mayumi.8627

Yeea the last boss is unkillable IF u dont run full zerk warri / 1 mesmer / 1 guard party (or thats how i got it done the other day), tho if u dont make it the first try u wont be able to kill it. We tryed everything with a random party from gw2lfg and ended up giving up, the amount of spiders was just waaaay too much, after few tryes the amount was increased so badly that it was complately useless to even try to step into the boss room, without getting instakilled. reflection skills (wall of reflection and feedback do work, but the time they r on isnt just long enough to be able to reduce the amount of spiders spawned with a random pug party).

TA path fwd/up

Posted by: Zenith.7301

Zenith.7301

If your pug can’t handle melee strat due to lack of reflect/DPS, then you need to kite the spiders around the room while DPS’ing the boss. Staff ele helps a lot here due to all the cc and condi removal while DPS’ing a boss.

TA path fwd/up

Posted by: Nike Porphyrogenita.8137

Nike Porphyrogenita.8137

Do you guys have any videos yet of doing this on a second attempt, i.e. once the room is in a state of maximum spider spawns? Not saying it can’t be done, but it is significantly worse if you don’t get it right the first time.

Thankfully, we havent wiped yet. I’m sure it would be bad.

Death and Taxes [DnT]
http://www.twitch.tv/nike_dnt
DnT is Recruiting – http://www.dtguilds.com/

TA path fwd/up

Zenith.7301

It’s pretty bad if you wipe. It seems like so many of them still do melee so even with the reflection your group takes massive damage.

So, either get it right with melee first attempt or bring your ranged weapons out and condi removal/healing and kite around the room in a circle wearing the boss down.

TA path fwd/up

Posted by: jwaz.1908

jwaz.1908

This boss isn’t hard, it just requires a little bit of coordination, aka guardian/mesmer cycling reflects. In addition, if you’re in a party full of lv80s with exotic armor, face-tanking the boss right off the bat will kill the boss before it can even spawn multiple spider mobs…

This boss only becomes hard when you use bad strategies of either kiting the mobs, ranging the boss, or a combination of the two…

Brom Svánigandr – Druid
Nemata Sapshield – Dragonhunter
Lillian Estre – Tempest

TA path fwd/up

Posted by: laharl.8435

laharl.8435

It’s pretty bad if you wipe. It seems like so many of them still do melee so even with the reflection your group takes massive damage.

So, either get it right with melee first attempt or bring your ranged weapons out and condi removal/healing and kite around the room in a circle wearing the boss down.

You can still kill the boss after a wipe. A couple of us ran in too early the first time and got killed by the lifesteal the tree does on the NPC. Just run in, start chaining reflects and melee your hearts out. It dies really fast.

(edited by laharl.8435)

TA path fwd/up

Zenith.7301

You can still kill the boss after a wipe. A couple of us ran in too early the first time and got killed by the lifesteal the tree does in the NPC. Just run in, start chaining reflects and melee your hearts out. It dies really.

If you’re organized.

I tried it on a pug with my guardian and it was so painful I just switched to my staff ele and duo’d or soloed the boss down. You really need people to be able to push out the DPS if there’s only 1 guardian or 1 mesmer in the group.

And guess what? A lot of my PuG’s for TA end up having a ranger or a conditionmancer or non-LH ele for some reason. Garbage classes. I guess I’m lucky because engineers are so rare I haven’t had the misfortune of adding that baggage to my pug experience, but the amount of PuG’s that run competent guardians/warriors are slim and more often than not I’m stuck with deficient classes in deficient builds.

I really don’t want to be THAT guy, but I’m gonna start excluding people from my groups if I see them running conditions, and outright deny any rangers from coming in if I don’t see them using a mainhand sword and a drake/jaguar/hound.

Sadly this game has given the impression to people that they can spec for any role they want and work in a dungeon, but this game just comes down to avoidance and raw DPS.

(edited by Zenith.7301)

TA path fwd/up

Posted by: Dark Magi.8947

Dark Magi.8947

Yep this path is officially a zerker path. I’m curious as to why this game seems to be able to be solved by zerkers lately…

TA path fwd/up

Posted by: Wukunlin.8461

Wukunlin.8461

why is it a zerker path when PVT will do the same amount of damage to the tree as berserker gear?

Oceanic [LOD]

TA path fwd/up

Posted by: jwaz.1908

jwaz.1908

why is it a zerker path when PVT will do the same amount of damage to the tree as berserker gear?

Wukunlin speaks the truth, you could even do this boss naked for god’s sake.

Brom Svánigandr – Druid
Nemata Sapshield – Dragonhunter
Lillian Estre – Tempest

TA path fwd/up

moiraine.2753

So basically you are saying people to bring 3 berseker geared players and mesmer and guardian.Or you can’t kill the boss??One more boss that will turn into a pure zerg.Putting 0 thought into killing it.

It is just a dps check just like Dwayna but with ’’enrange’’ timer???
Yay one more path that will turn out to be like CoF P1.Anet made very ’’smart’’ decision….cough,cough..Not at all

(edited by moiraine.2753)

TA path fwd/up

Posted by: TheMaskedParadigm.3629

TheMaskedParadigm.3629

So basically you are saying people to bring berseker gear players only,mesmer and guardian.Or you can’t kill the boss.
Yay one more path that will turn out to be like CoF P1.Anet made very ’’smart’’ decision….cough,cough..Not at all

No, we are saying that there are strategies and mechanics that work and there are strategies and mechanics that don’t work.

Brazil
Youtube Channel – http://www.youtube.com/t3llularman

TA path fwd/up

moiraine.2753

Every video that i watched is a one minute kill with guardian using reflects.Where is the strategy when you just burn out the boss??
People just stay at melee range and dps.There is nothing special in that.

TA path fwd/up

TheMaskedParadigm.3629

Every video that i watched is a one minute kill with guardian using reflects.Where is the strategy when you just burn out the boss??

The strategy is using projectile reflection to reflect projectiles, projectiles that otherwise kill you. It also allows you to defeat the boss, something that running around and ranging clearly doesn’t. I could also say that there is nothing special about ranging, because every pug group employs that strategy and wipes on bosses because of it.

Brazil

TA path fwd/up

Zenith.7301

The strategy is using projectile reflection to reflect projectiles, projectiles that otherwise kill you. It also allows you to defeat the boss, something that running around and ranging clearly doesn’t. I could also say that there is nothing special about ranging, because every pug group employs that strategy and wipes on bosses because of it.

I can solo the room ranging, so your point is moot. It’s just far less efficient.

The problem with your “strategy” is that guardians as a whole mitigate the supposed mechanics of the fight. Their wall lasts too long as does their spirit shield. On top of their group aegis and healing/boon provision and good DPS.

All you have to do is focus on dodging the melee stuff and most of the boss’s arsenal, which is ranged damage, is gone.

Melee just doesn’t carry the risks it should when there are guardians around.

TA path fwd/up

Posted by: laharl.8435

laharl.8435

So basically you are saying people to bring 3 berseker geared players and mesmer and guardian.Or you can’t kill the boss??One more boss that will turn into a pure zerg.Putting 0 thought into killing it.

It is just a dps check just like Dwayna but with ’’enrange’’ timer???

Actually zerker has nothing to do with it. I was the only person in full zerker on my team and we still killed in less than a minute. Considering you can’t crit the boss, PVT is superior. You can also range it as another person mentioned that he solo ranged it.

TA path fwd/up

TheMaskedParadigm.3629

I can solo the room ranging, so your point is moot. It’s just far less efficient.

The problem with your “strategy” is that guardians as a whole mitigate the supposed mechanics of the fight. Their wall lasts too long as does their spirit shield. On top of their group aegis and healing/boon provision and good DPS.

All you have to do is focus on dodging the melee stuff and most of the boss’s arsenal, which is ranged damage, is gone.

Your ranged weapon has infinite ammo, so your point is moot.

Brazil

TA path fwd/up

Zenith.7301

My ranged weapon is freaking magic, duh. Magic that apparently does less damage than swinging a hunk of metal as someone. Who knew metal>fireballs/laser beams.

Realism is blegh in videogames

TA path fwd/up

TheMaskedParadigm.3629

My ranged weapon is freaking magic, duh. Magic that apparently does less damage than swinging a hunk of metal as someone. Who knew metal>fireballs/laser beams.

That’s why having a Guardian use reflects is still the better / fastest option. I knew you would get it eventually.

Brazil

TA path fwd/up

Zenith.7301

That’s why having a Guardian use reflects is still the better / fastest option. I knew you would get it eventually.

Hmph, I’ll have revenge by killing as many of those guardians as I can in spvp >:(

Warrior and guardian tears in spvp are so delicious.