TAFU being replaced by lolscarlet

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: colesy.8490

colesy.8490

So rather than tweak the path by allowing the final boss to reset properly they hit the whole thing with a hammer and get rid of it entirely.

The best bit is, we get more of that fascinating saturday morning cartoon villain as replacement.

Sanctum of Rall (NA) – [LOD] – PvE/Dungeon Phantasm Mesmer build
Morrï (Mesmer) | Serah Mahariel (Guardian) | Morrï Mahariel (Warrior)
“colesy’s on rampage today. Slaying casuals left, right and centre” – spoj

Posted by: Oxxy.7068

Oxxy.7068

And then you realize there was a thread praising her as villain. Ho-ho.

Luminifera ~ Guardian – Trisha Blackhands ~ Thief – Hua Yue ~ Elementalist.

Posted by: Vox Hollow.2736

Vox Hollow.2736

Am I the only one who thinks that’s good?

colesy.8490

It turns out that when Colin said TA was a priority for revamp he meant removing a dungeon path.

Please don’t revamp any other paths if this is how you will treat them.

Posted by: haviz.1340

haviz.1340

I’m wondering when we will see the threads about too much emphasis on trash killing. From people complaining before about skipping.

Posted by: AndrewSX.3794

AndrewSX.3794

Removing content not being terribly broken (and no, TAFU was just pugbuster and a little buggy/hard due to spider not despawning) is never good.

Also, i feel it’s bad because last permanent addition to the game has been November 2012 with Fractals + Southsun.
Since then, only LS temporary crap, while players were asking for some real permanent content.

We now finally get something being good or bad doesn’t matter, but something that will stay… and the price to finally have it is seeing another equivalent piece of the game go?

It’s unacceptable.

And is a dangerous precedent.

I can already see Fractal revamp: remove Dredge Grawl and Colossus, add Facility Aetherblades and Reactor.

Bah.

Seafarer’s Rest EU – PvE/WvW – 8 × 80 chars.
Most used: Guard/Mes/War/Nec/Ele.
Yes, i use 5 chars at time. Because REASONS.

Posted by: lordkrall.7241

lordkrall.7241

Also, i feel it’s bad because last permanent addition to the game has been November 2012 with Fractals + Southsun.

Hm?
What about Ascended Weapons?
Or Tequatl?
Or Guild Missions?
Or the added JPs?
And new mini-games?

Krall Bloodsword – Mesmer
Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

Posted by: haviz.1340

haviz.1340

Hm?
Or Tequatl?
Or Guild Missions?
Or the added JPs?
And new mini-games?

You’re funny guy.

Oxxy.7068

Hm?
Or Tequatl?
Or Guild Missions?
Or the added JPs?
And new mini-games?

Ascended weapons are a bad joke.
Tequalt is a revamp from something that was already in game (but i’ll give you that one).
Replaceable with ectos and laurels or fractals tokens.
JPs are kitten.
Mini games are kitten.

Fast edit to go deeper on the ascended weapons: All they did was incrase the crafting cap and add new mats, that you get by doing old content. I’d probably love ascended weapons if i had to do a brand new dungeon to get dragonite ores, intead of pressing #1 while zerging.

(edited by Oxxy.7068)

AndrewSX.3794

Hm?
What about

What about Ascended Weapons? Time gated grind.
Or Tequatl? Redoing a snorefest.
Or Guild Missions? Hardly engaging content. But i’ll give this to you.
Or the added JPs? Because everybody want more SuperMario in a MMORPG.
And new mini-games? You call minigames content? Really?

What about istances? Real and concrete stuff?
Uuuuhm…

Got nijia’ed lol.

Posted by: lordkrall.7241

lordkrall.7241

So, just because you don’t like it they are not added permanent content?
Isn’t that quite silly? Why should only things that you like count?

Krall Bloodsword – Mesmer
Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

Posted by: Nike Porphyrogenita.8137

Nike Porphyrogenita.8137

While doing TAFU yesterday I remarked that other than the end boss, it was probably one of the better paths in the game. The Vivenna fight is especially well designed relative to some of the other anet bosses.

I’m personally very excited about Molten Retreat II: The Electric Boogaloo. I cant wait for a time gated mid-dungeon jumping encounter where avoiding a moving laser is the mechanic rather fight a boss. Love that. I really also hope that we are forced to kill tons of trash mobs who are immune to blind as that has proven to be a most excellent mechanic.

GAME ON!

Death and Taxes [DnT]
http://www.twitch.tv/nike_dnt
DnT is Recruiting – http://www.dtguilds.com/

Oxxy.7068

Calling Jps and mini-games as worthy permanent content is quite silly as well, browski.

Posted by: The Mexican Cookie.3690

The Mexican Cookie.3690

I’m just hoping to see some next generation clown cars

#LoveArrows2013, never forget.

Posted by: ilr.9675

ilr.9675

We have a winner. Thread can now be locked & stickied

confirmed for brony….

waiting for brazil to join you
Shed It

(edited by ilr.9675)

Posted by: Mad Rasputin.7809

Mad Rasputin.7809

They sure missed the boat on this one.

An existing path that was pretty decent, that only needed the end boss encounter fixed is removed. What a waste.

AndrewSX.3794

So, just because you don’t like it they are not added permanent content?

Because:

Calling Jps and mini-games as worthy permanent content is quite silly as well, browski.

DGs are content.
Areas.
Expanding story (and no, LS doesn’t coun cause it fades away after 2 weeks).

If Ascended grind and minigames are now content for players, i’m not surprised Anet it’s generating more revenue with this meaningless LS than producing real playable stuff…

Posted by: Nike Porphyrogenita.8137

Nike Porphyrogenita.8137

Rabosevich never had us, he never even had his clown car.

Death and Taxes [DnT]
http://www.twitch.tv/nike_dnt
DnT is Recruiting – http://www.dtguilds.com/

Posted by: obal.3218

obal.3218

Maybe we should make the same number of complaint threads about clerics gear and maybe they will take it out of the game so we won’t have to endure people running it.

Posted by: Acerola.6407

Acerola.6407

All the complaints about puzzles and platforming (avoiding lasers and stuff for example) … I really don’t get it. What do you guys want? Corridors full of mobs and then a boss (we assume that those trash mobs would be good and fun to play and the boss would’ve good mechanics)? I don’t disagree, but I really don’t see a reason why another take (both is possible at the same time btw) just like this is so bad? did you never play zelda-ish games or so, because I actually would love if MMOs would go away from what I know from WoW dungeons and go in those regions more. It’s a balance act, then!

So you guys, for instance, disliked the boss in the aetherblade dungeon where you had to avoid the laser barriers? I really liked it, but on the other hand I also really like more “traditional” bosses so to speak. As I said, the right balance might be the best fit for me, but most of you guys seem to dislike everything which involves anything but fighting drastically.

Posted by: Wethospu.6437

Wethospu.6437

I’m fine with replacing dungeon paths. Assuming replacement is actually much better. I don’t think we need multiple generic average paths.

(edited by Wethospu.6437)

Vox Hollow.2736

It’s an excellent precedent.

Let’s be honest here, even if they squashed every bug and closed every exploit, dungeons in their current iteration aren’t exactly shining examples of the game putting it’s best foot forward. And that’s perfectly normal. MMORPGs age like wine, they need a year or two before they really hit their stride. The encounter design inevitably gets better as a game and the playerbase matures. Most have Power Creep to help them to outgrow their awkward phases, but the lack of the treadmill in this game means it needed to find it’s own personal solution.

For the record, using the Living Story to replace dungeon paths is an excellent solution.
Not only does it afford them an opportunity to grow and correct the larger issues that still plague the game-mode, it’s also perfectly in-line with their desire to create a dynamic world.

The alternative is making the game live with it’s wide-eyed adolescent mistakes forever.

(edited by Vox Hollow.2736)

Posted by: swiftpaw.6397

swiftpaw.6397

I quite like TAFU the way it is, nice quick easy. Tbh I can only imagine the replacement to be monotonous, time gated and not worth doing from a monetary perspective. We shall see I suppose. Let the casual circus begin /sigh.

Grandmaster Forum Mind Brain
|-Swiftpaw Sharpclaw [DnT]-|

Posted by: MastaNeenja.1537

MastaNeenja.1537

You know when I heard about the new TA path, the diminished token returns seems to suddenly make sense.

Holy kitten! I thought. They are going to just add new paths to the existing dungeons, hell this won’t be so bad after all! We will have more paths and therefore more opportunity to get full rewards for tokens. Even if we never get new permanent dungeons we could always get more paths for current ones. This seems like a decent middle ground to be on. But boy was I wrong, they answered alright.

LOL Nope! — Sincerely Anet

colesy.8490

It’s an excellent precedent.

Let’s be honest here, even if they squashed every bug and closed every exploit, dungeons in their current iteration aren’t exactly shining examples of the game putting it’s best foot forward. And that’s perfectly normal. MMORPGs age like wine, they need a year or two before they really hit their stride. The encounter design inevitably gets better as a game and the playerbase matures. Most have Power Creep to help them to outgrow their awkward phases, but the lack of the treadmill in this game means it needed to find it’s own personal solution.

For the record, using the Living Story to replace dungeon paths is an excellent solution.
It not only does it afford them an opportunity to grow and correct the larger issues that still plague the game-mode, it’s also perfectly in-line with their desire to create a dynamic world.

The alternative is making the game live with it’s wide-eyed adolescent mistakes forever.

Arah has four paths.

There was absolutely no reason to replace TAFU.

Vox Hollow.2736

You quoted me, but, you didn’t actually say anything that had to do with what I said.

swiftpaw.6397

There was absolutely no reason to replace TAFU.

Allow me to explain why this is being removed…

Attachments:

colesy.8490

You quoted me, but, you didn’t actually say anything that had to do with what I said.

mmmh?

swiftpaw.6397

mmmh?

omg he actually said that? I usually skim read over the people who post walls of text…

I’m done. So done -_-

Vox Hollow.2736

Well, that’s certainly interesting?
I’ll admit… I have no idea why that’s noteworthy.

/edit: whoops. did somebody erase their token comment?

colesy.8490

It’s noteworthy because Arah has four paths. TA has three, therefore they could have just added a fourth path.

But ANet, with their bioware level heavyhandedness just removed a path entirely rather than fix peoples’ one problem, the final boss.

Posted by: The Mexican Cookie.3690

The Mexican Cookie.3690

I’m going to go sit on reddit and wait for the happyhappy joyjoy threads about the removal of tafu

Posted by: Stooperdale.3560

Stooperdale.3560

Surely TA was ok on all paths except for the Nightmare tree? The Nightmare Tree should be revamped on all 3 paths as it a really dull fight on all of them, even discounting the TAFU snafu. It was graphically poor as well.

I too have no idea why a whole dungeon path would be removed. It would also break the three way story of the Vevina, Laurent, and whoever it was. Not the best story but there was at least a story.

Vox Hollow.2736

It’s noteworthy because Arah has four paths. TA has three, therefore they could have just added a fourth path.

But ANet, with their bioware level heavyhandedness just removed a path entirely rather than fix peoples’ one problem, the final boss.

Actually, that was to a guy who said you’d be getting double tokens for the path while the event introducing it was live. He dissapeared, though, so nevermind.

But, I guess accidentally asking you to clarify isn’t such a bad thing, as far as miscommunications go. I know that post is alot as I’m, putting it mildly, a tad bit verbose. But please read it again if you want to respond. I make a case in favor of deleting content, so a counter would be discussing why you think the game has an obligation to keeping it’s older content. Numbers of paths has nothing to do with anything.

(edited by Vox Hollow.2736)

Posted by: champ.7021

champ.7021

so i guess dungeons are part of the dying world now…
this is a sad sad day

Posted by: Dub.1273

Dub.1273

TA F/U was one of the few dungeon paths that actually had quite good design in my opinion.
The 6 archers are a bit boring but the Defiler has potential to become a good fight (should have just made it deal more damage and reduce it’s hp in return), Vivena is all honestly one of the better fights in the game (except for the prestiges burning application through evades), if she had slightly less hp and would deal slightly more damage in return it could have been a really challenging fight. And the endboss was fine too except the fact that spiders didn’t despawn after a wipe.

Look at some other dungeon paths, SE path 2, HotW 2+3, CoF P123, Arah P4 and AC p2. All those could use a revamp much more.

Dub | [rT]

Oxxy.7068

I’m watching the Dev’s video right now, you can’t skip cutscenes, which means you’ll probably waste 10 minutes worthy of doing something else listening to npcs that you don’t give a crap about. YESSSS. At 16:50ish he says “even our lovely group of coordinate people is having difficulties in keeping something alive”… and then i realize they’re killing normal mobs and no one pulled them together to allow cleaving, and he’s using scepter+gs mesmer… and now i’ve closed the video, what a bucket of kitten.

edit: here’s the link in case anyone wants to acquire brain cancer – http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CbVtyFap1Uc

Posted by: BenKenSven.4256

BenKenSven.4256

There was a new clown car in the preview… Some big wind rider like thing which summons aetherblades.. But this one can be killed before he spawns all his mobs :P

Angelic Ben – Fort Aspenwood
Siegelover;67k supply used on siege

champ.7021

I’m watching the Dev’s video right now, you can’t skip cutscenes, which means you’ll probably waste 10 minutes worthy of doing something else listening to npcs that you don’t give a crap about. YESSSS. At 16:50ish he says “even our lovely group of coordinate people is having difficulties in keeping something alive”… and then i realize they’re killing normal mobs and no one pulled them together to allow cleaving, and he’s using scepter+gs mesmer… and now i’ve closed the video, what a bucket of kitten.

edit: here’s the link in case anyone wants to acquire brain cancer – http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CbVtyFap1Uc

In the video he says that their dungeon philosophy is to either teach you something or give you a payoff of what you already know….so then why did they take out f/u

AndrewSX.3794

I’m going to go sit on reddit and wait for the happyhappy joyjoy threads about the removal of tafu

Until the rage about new one being studied to not being a faceroll begins.

(wild assumption)

Oxxy.7068

Just realized something, wasn’t that mesmer boss from f-u? She was one of the most fun fights i can recall doing in this game, instead we have more scarlet, har har.

Posted by: Casmurro.9046

Casmurro.9046

I think they are only removing takittentemporarily. One dev said in this forum that TA was a high priority to get fixed, so i believe that they were working on to fix takittenin this patch but they couldn’t finish it in time, so they had to remove it.

Posted by: Bismuth.3165

Bismuth.3165

this is a sad sad day

Dungeon have been part of the dying world for a really long time, I think it’s in the “destroyed by anet” world now.

Jeeha (ele) and Jeeha The Warrior
Is currently emotionally unstable because Breaking Bad is over

Posted by: spoj.9672

spoj.9672

Im pretty unhappy about this. TAFU was one of my favourite paths.

Posted by: Shiren.9532

Shiren.9532

I’m fine with replacing dungeon paths. Assuming replacement is actually much better. I don’t think we need multiple generic average paths.

It wasn’t a generic path. The sap/water spout challenge was unique to that path. The Vevina fight was also one of the most unique fights in the game (the fact that she used dangerous conditions meant that she was generally very different from most other bosses). The husk boss was pretty boring but the bees are actually a unique mechanic.

The problem with “replacing” is that it’s not necessary. They could just leave the three existing paths and have for options. When the “replacement” could simply be an “addition” it’s hard to see why they are outright removing a path that did have unique gameplay and value.

The final boss was a total mess (and all three paths have a terrible final boss fight) after the “tweak” they made to it. It needed to be balanced, not removed.

Posted by: PainShot.7154

PainShot.7154

this is a sad sad day

I LOL so hard xD

Posted by: Wukunlin.8461

Wukunlin.8461

Arah P4 next, I said it first

Oceanic [LOD]

Posted by: Amurond.4590

Amurond.4590

Let’s be honest here, there is only one reason they are doing this:

They are too lazy/incompetent to fix the issues with F/U AND add a new path so they are hitting two birds with one stone.

whynotboth?.jpg

Ignore all their rubbish about conflicting lore blah blah. I feel sorry for anyone who actually believes that, lol.

Wonder what path they will replace next.

~ The Server I Play On Is Better Than The Server You Play On ~
- Kudzu, Dreamer, Frostfang, Eternity, Flameseeker Prophecies ~
~Nevermore, HOPE, Moot, Incinerator, Meteorlogicus, Howler ~

champ.7021

Bringing this up because it made me cry when i saw this (on dulfy):

It is build (shouldn’t it be “built”) more in the style of an Arah explorable path – challenging, skipping is impossible.

hopefully this is some kind of observation on how arah is for bads not how the new path is…

Posted by: TheMaskedParadigm.3629

TheMaskedParadigm.3629

Arah P4 next, I said it first

I think they would nuke path 2 over path 4 just so they don’t have to fix every single exploit in p2. After all, they don’t have Hrouda’s walls anymore.

Brazil
Youtube Channel – http://www.youtube.com/t3llularman