Tactics for L75+ Jellyfish Beast

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

Anyone have any tips for defeating the aquatic fractal boss?

While my regular FotM group might struggle a time or two when first encountering new mechanics/instabilities, we always succeed in the end, often with style and grace. However, we’re struggling in L75.

Our usual aquatic strategy isn’t working: we tend to camp out near a high density of cages, so it’s a short kiting distance to move the Jellyfish, keep defiance low until it’s time to break it, and keep (as the Itzel might say) some distance between us so as not to get chomped. Between the frequent fears and the increased numbers of little Jellies, we aren’t making much headway against the Health Sponge Jellyfish Beast.

Any general tips? Any profession suggestions (skills or traits)? I’ve looked at gw2dungeons and some youtube videos, but haven’t see anything that applies to a non-speed-clearing group.

Thanks in advance for your help.

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

Posted by: Hmangel.7315

Hmangel.7315

something i like to do is to run two necros and use epidemic and bounce it back and forth between mobs. i would love to see someone try this with 5 condi necros

Illconceived Was Na.9781

something i like to do is to run two necros and use epidemic and bounce it back and forth between mobs. i would love to see someone try this with 5 condi necros

Interesting idea. Thanks. (Hopefully, we have two people who can get enough AR on necros to try it.) Any particular build you go with?

Posted by: Conner.5803

Conner.5803

What our group did was to stack at the ceiling. For some reason he can get stuck in it, while you cleave it down. Also the mobs he spawns can spawn above the ceiling making it a lot easier.

Posted by: Linken.6345

Linken.6345

Well only done him on 61 usualy range and when 1-2 people left die close to enterance to room so party can revive and tag before reset ( dont swim into tunnel that will cause him to reset instantly)

Maybe that works on 75 aswell.

Posted by: Nash.2681

Nash.2681

Did the 75 jellyfish yesterday, expecting the worst. But besides his hilarious amount of hp coupled with personal dps feels cut by 50% underwater due to bad trait synergies etc., it went surprisingly well.
Party composition was two Dragonhunter’s, one Reaper, one Revenant and one Elementalist (lfg party, though one DH and the Reaper seemed to know each other and the other DH was me with my wife, the ele). We didn’t really do anything special besides constantly kiting the jelly, keeping his adds low and breaking jelly’s break bar regulary. Only our reaper died once after he got eaten and realized, that he didn’t have enough AR without his land weapons
Notable fun fact- the “no more AR when the jelly eats you” bug seems to be solved, none of the others that happened to get eaten had any issues to survive.
Last advise- check your traits before you attack. E. g. as a DH I usually never go out without the Zeal line, but for this fight I dropped it, since underwater there’s almost 0 synergy on it besides the 7% damage modifier vs. burning foes. Equiped Honor instead for Pure of Voice, going into Radiance might have worked aswell for the extra blinds vs. the adds. What I want to say is, most regular builds lose significant effectivness underwater, so adjust accordingly.

XMG U716 (i7 6700, 16GB DDR4@2133Mhz, GTX980m, Samsung 850Evo 250 GB, Seagate SSHD 500GB)

Leader of “Servants of Balance” [SoB], a small guild endemic to the FSP.

Posted by: Wethospu.6437

Wethospu.6437

Meh, made some tactics several months ago but looks like I forgot to upload and I have lost the changes somewhere.

Illconceived Was Na.9781

What I want to say is, most regular builds lose significant effectivness underwater, so adjust accordingly.

Good tip in general for that fractal. It’s entirely possible that folks in my regular crew just aren’t familiar enough with their H20 traits|skills, i.e. that perhaps all we need is a respec.

Meh, made some tactics several months ago but looks like I forgot to upload and I have lost the changes somewhere.

:(

I did check gw2dungeons.net before posting. There didn’t seem to be anything specific to the higher levels.

(edited by Illconceived Was Na.9781)

Posted by: insanemaniac.2456

insanemaniac.2456

keep moving forward and strafing and keep permaswiftness and youll rarely get hit by little jellies that aggro on you. lure boss to lights super quickly so the lights help kill little jellies (plus they do huge dps to boss too). staying at range keeps him from nomming on you and getting dat million armor. obviously break the bar inside the light if possible, but you gotta know your skills.

JQ: Rikkity
head here to discuss wvw without fear of infractions

Posted by: harold.3526

harold.3526

just kite the boss.

Chaos | Death And Taxes [DnT]