Taking Agony upon entering floor

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Mai Eternal.7469

Mai Eternal.7469

IS F#@1ING STUPID

Remove this mechanic.

There are ways of making it difficult or challenging without being utterly stupid about it. Remove this feature Now

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

Get AR and problem solved.

Posted by: Vanthian.9267

Vanthian.9267

But without this mechanic in place how could they reliably gear check your character? I mean, we can’t have skilled players walking into a fractal who knows how to dodge all the boss agony attacks… that would just be…agonizing to watch!

Posted by: Mai Eternal.7469

Mai Eternal.7469

Dumb response. I can dodge all agony based spells no problem which is why I have very little of it.

But without this mechanic in place how could they reliably gear check your character? I mean, we can’t have skilled players walking into a fractal who knows how to dodge all the boss agony attacks… that would just be…agonizing to watch!

This is exactly my point. People that play with me know to heal me right at the beginning because after that I’ll be the last left alive to solo it if needed. It’s just a stupid ridiculous mechanic that proves absolutely f~‘king nothing except that Anet can’t make dungeons properly.

Posted by: Cat Has Ducks.1982

Cat Has Ducks.1982

This is exactly my point. People that play with me know to heal me right at the beginning because after that I’ll be the last left alive to solo it if needed. It’s just a stupid ridiculous mechanic that proves absolutely f~‘king nothing except that Anet can’t make dungeons properly.

So you are pro solo carry the team yoloswag. But you lack AR?

Lord Chuck I – Guardian
Chuck The Stampede – Engineer
[Lg] Agatha – Dragonbrand

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

Dumb response. I can dodge all agony based spells no problem which is why I have very little of it.

Just because you disagree with it, doesn’t mean that it’s a dumb response. Otherwise, your complaint is just dumb because I don’t agree with it.

Posted by: Fror.2163

Fror.2163

They wanted to make the fractals an evolution based on gear check from scratch.

Therefore, why would they hard limit to 80 in the first place? Why would they then actually try to stop people from getting rewarded if they beat the Maw after 50?

The fractals are a gear-check dungeon from the scratch. It was poorly implemented in the past, but now it’s clear.

Frór (yes, with the accent!)

Posted by: GrosseVogel.8503

GrosseVogel.8503

that would just be…agonizing to watch!

I see what you did there :P

Posted by: MastaNeenja.1537

MastaNeenja.1537

I feel dirty when i get hit by agony that i can’t avoid…

Posted by: HELLruler.4820

HELLruler.4820

We know that you are really really pro, if there was an achievement for not being hit by agony, you sure would have completed it every time you do fractals

But now you don’t need to buy AR anymore, you get it by simply doing fractals. So there’s no reason to come here and complain. Stop complaining and start thinking, sir. Actually, since you are really good and has no more to learn about the game, buy a book, reading is excellent

Here’s a rude answer for your rudeness, have a good day, and consider getting some AR since you don’t have to buy it anymore

Posted by: spoj.9672

spoj.9672

Undodgable agony is stupid though. Op has a point. :P

Posted by: Rising Dusk.2408

Rising Dusk.2408

Stupid or not, it’s an intentional gear check, and it won’t go away. In some sense I like having minimal gear progression in the form of AR. So long as more dungeons added in the future use Agony instead of inventing their own resistance type, I think it’ll be a pretty decent system for gear progression without being too harsh.

[VZ] Valor Zeal – Stormbluff Isle – Looking for steady, casual-friendly NA raiders!

(edited by Rising Dusk.2408)

Posted by: Metixo.5086

Metixo.5086

Get some AR and you will be fine, if you think you are above AR, HF dying at the third fractal boss.

Honestly, getting the required amount of AR is not that hard, if you prefer to fill your infusion slots with +goldfind and stats get yourself a second set or stop complaining.