Taunt...

Taunt...

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: ChoChoBo.6503

ChoChoBo.6503

Q:

I only see taunt as something viable in dungeons/fractals if the duration is long, like 10-15 secs. It would really suck if its a 1-3 second condition, and after its off, the targets go away. If it is a short duration condition, will players have to time it out like they do for reflects? How will Taunt stack? Say player 1’s taunt is up and player 2 activates his taunt, will player 2’s taunt override player 1’s? or will player 1’s taunt finish then player 2’s taunt starts? How will taunt affect ranged targets? Will ranged targets run to you and then range attack or will they just swap targets and still attack from afar?

So many questions, hopefully someone can answer a few of them.

I’d have preferred an Aggro Counter instead. Where players would stack, individually, aggro counters on mobs and mobs would prioritize players with more stacks on them. They could implement it on all current skills and traits they have. And players would have to work out the best rotations to apply the most/constant aggro counters as well as dps.

Taunt...

Posted by: Gyler.8150

Gyler.8150

You would be able to taunt and just kite the mob, dungeons and fractals have bigger problems than facetanking a boss.

Taunt...

Posted by: Silferas.3841

Silferas.3841

Hehe he hehehe he he…

sorry.

Last time I checked Taunt was supposed to be a status effect, not a condition (so like stun or daze). Which makes it unusable on bosses with defiance bars :>.

[Path] of the Immortals – a guild for veterans – Join us
[S]illy [L]ittle [U]gly [T]rolls – our little dungeon forum community
“My mind has left, my body follows”

Taunt...

Posted by: spoj.9672

spoj.9672

Apparently it it was confirmed to be a condition. But i expect it will be like fear. So it will still be affected by defiance. Basically this means fear and taunt can both be stunbroken or condi cleansed.

(edited by spoj.9672)

Taunt...

Posted by: Iris Ng.9845

Iris Ng.9845

Taunt consumes Defiance bar.

“Raids are like fortune cookies. You eat the cookie and then read the paper scraps.”

- doranduck, 2016 on Lore in Raids

Taunt...

Posted by: deSade.9437

deSade.9437

I dont’ really feel like taunting Archie, thanks a lot.
Gonna be useless, who cares….

Taunt...

Posted by: cranos.5913

cranos.5913

Taunt consumes Defiance bar.

This. It will consume a portion of the bar and if it’s depleted you will get a generic stun of 5 seconds. That’s all it’ll do, the actual effect from the skill you’ll never see on bosses.

Taunt...

Posted by: Quin Marino.6384

Quin Marino.6384

So to counteract people deep freezing things, all stuns will now contribute toward a generic deep freeze? Am I missing something here?

Taunt...

deSade.9437

You’re missing a big point called Anet.

Taunt...

cranos.5913

So to counteract people deep freezing things, all stuns will now contribute toward a generic deep freeze? Am I missing something here?

If it stays the way it was in the stress test (tested on the normal champions there) you will drop the defiance bar and get the generic stun which is indeed exactly like deep freeze. During those 5 seconds the bar fills up again and you can start all over again. With new bosses like the wyvern something special happens, but they already confirmed old content would just get the generic effect.

I’m sure there’s a lot of time to still adjust it, but as it’s looking now you will no longer be able to pull or knockback or have any kind of CC effect other than the 5sec stun.

Taunt...

Iris Ng.9845

Deep Freeze consumes a whole LOT of Defiance Bar.

“Raids are like fortune cookies. You eat the cookie and then read the paper scraps.”

Taunt...

cranos.5913

Deep Freeze consumes a whole LOT of Defiance Bar.

This as well. In the stress test it depleted 75%-100% of the bar depending on the amount of ppl there.

Taunt...

Iris Ng.9845

Now I just remember how Ice Bow and Lightning Hammer were stupidly strong during the Strong Hold beta test. You can cleave (and blind) the NPCs so fast that it leaves almost no counter play. If I’m not wrong, Lord doesn’t have Unshakeable either.

Taunt...

spoj.9672

Looks like it should be PvP/PvE split then. No reason to nerf LH in PvE.

Taunt...

Posted by: TheRandomGuy.7246

TheRandomGuy.7246

Split will confuse new players.
No one uses LH in pvp anyway so i don’t see any reason to do anything with LH. Well… buff would be perfect but i doubt that this is an option.

Taunt...

spoj.9672

Split will confuse new players.
No one uses LH in pvp anyway so i don’t see any reason to do anything with LH. Well… buff would be perfect but i doubt that this is an option.

Erm. Im going to quote the post above mine because its relevant. :P

Now I just remember how Ice Bow and Lightning Hammer were stupidly strong during the Strong Hold beta test. You can cleave (and blind) the NPCs so fast that it leaves almost no counter play. If I’m not wrong, Lord doesn’t have Unshakeable either.

What iris is implying is that LH and Icebow were considered too strong in the new PvP gametype. Which might be the cause of the sudden decision to nerf them both.

(edited by spoj.9672)

Taunt...

TheRandomGuy.7246

That problem should be fixed by balancing NPCs. From what i saw they are all useless dungeonlike dummies.

Taunt...

Posted by: Silferas.3841

Silferas.3841

Apparently it it was confirmed to be a condition. But i expect it will be like fear. So it will still be affected by defiance. Basically this means fear and taunt can both be stunbroken or condi cleansed.

I haven’t really participated in the stress tests or betas so I wouldn’t know if they changed it since the original blog post but I am fairly certain it was labeled a status effect there (https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/revenant-the-master-of-the-mists/).

Well, doesn’t matter what they call it, still won’t make any difference.

[Path] of the Immortals – a guild for veterans – Join us
[S]illy [L]ittle [U]gly [T]rolls – our little dungeon forum community
“My mind has left, my body follows”

Taunt...

spoj.9672

Yeah it was but WP said something about it in one of his videos. He originally thought it was a condi. But people corrected him because of that blog post. Then it got confirmed to be a condition like a day later. Not sure where it was confirmed but it was around the time of the stream so i assume it was in there somewhere. Anyway fear is a status effect and a condition at the same time. So technically that blog isnt wrong. Its just another hybrid condition/effect.

Taunt...

Posted by: Elrey.5472

Elrey.5472

Example

• An enemy is going to kill your friend!
  • You use taunt
  • The enemy stop attacking your friend and goes after you, so your friend can move away and you efficiently saved his life.

That’s why it doesn’t need to be longer than 3 seconds. It’s not suppose to be used to tank something, it’s just another effect that can be used against the enemies and it’s up to us to find kitteneful way to use it (like i did with that example)

ES Wiki Sysop. Vanquiser of the Marionette, Lover of the Aetherpath.
Aens / Ellantriel / Nao To Mori / Saelyth. Commander
Guias de Raids en espaƱol / Spanish raiding guides

Taunt...

deSade.9437

Example

• You use taunt
  • The enemy stop attacking your friend and goes after you, so your friend can move away and you efficiently saved his life.

That’s why it doesn’t need to be longer than 3 seconds. It’s not suppose to be used to tank something, it’s just another effect that can be used against the enemies and it’s up to us to find kitteneful way to use it (like i did with that example)

I like your creative use of kittens

Taunt...

Posted by: FenrirSlakt.3692

FenrirSlakt.3692

Example

• You use taunt

I might be wrong, but I believe that a stun, or a knockback could be used to achieve the same result.

Taunt...

TheRandomGuy.7246

Example

• You use taunt

I might be wrong, but I believe that a stun, or a knockback could be used to achieve the same result.

Not with the brand new defiance system. All your knockbacks are useless now and only reduce break bar.

Taunt...

Posted by: FenrirSlakt.3692

FenrirSlakt.3692

Example

• You use taunt

Not with the brand new defiance system. All your knockbacks are useless now and only reduce break bar.

Wouldn’t taunt also reduce the bar if not timed right? That is, unless it is a condition and not a status. I wouldn’t know.

Taunt...

Iris Ng.9845

Example

• You use taunt

Taunt may be unblockable.