Thank You Anet

Thank You Anet

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Ruien.9506

Ruien.9506

Thank you Anet for not giving in to the screams and sticking with your design. My static group and I just completed all 4 paths in Arah today and we were totally blown away with some of the events and boss fights. The scenery and atmosphere is spot on and all 5 of us really enjoyed our 5 hours today.

In those 4 wings we ended up with 100 tokens or so but that wasn’t why we were running them. We wanted the challenge. We wanted the atmosphere. We wanted to have our efforts rewarded and we got exactly that.

It wasn’t the loot that rewarded us. It was the satisfaction of knowing we 5 are doing things that most here on this board says is impossible. We were rewarded with the laughs we shared when someone goofed and got capped or how one of our members just cant figure out that running ahead just isn’t bright.

All in all, it was a fantastic day of dungeon crawling and we want to thank you for it. We haven’t had this much challenge in a game since Eq1.

Thanks.

Thank You Anet

Posted by: Borked.6824

Borked.6824

Seconded for truth. The funny thing is, it’s been there all along, but people were just too glazed over with ezmode to realize it.

Thank You Anet

Posted by: Nechrid.4978

Nechrid.4978

“It wasn’t the loot that rewarded us.”

I think everyone can agree that a challenge is awesome, but being thoroughly disappointed by terrible loot doesn’t have to be a part of the equation.

We can have the best of both worlds, people. Don’t settle for anything less.

Thank You Anet

Posted by: Lelouch Lamperouge.3716

Lelouch Lamperouge.3716

Sure the challenge is nice, but doing it 60+ times for armor skins, runes or Gifts for Legendaries makes it tedious and a huge grind.

Thank You Anet

Posted by: Rizzy.8293

Rizzy.8293

That’s Arah people have been complaining about the changes to COF.
And the diminished rewards from completing dungeons.

Ask yourself, How many times of doing Arah (all four runs) again before you feel its becoming a monotonous chore if you’re after the armour and weapons anyways.

Is there even a reason to do those runs again if you don’t want armour or weapons from there?

But on the topic about dungeon difficulty being increase, do the dungeon on which the difficulty has been increased, CoF.

Thank You Anet

Posted by: kennythekoala.2758

kennythekoala.2758

I strongly disagree, the dungeons are frustrating and broken. The rewards need to match the effort. 20 tokens and a set is around 1200. You do the math

Rockmachine – VoTF

Thank You Anet

Posted by: Killer.4709

Killer.4709

You do realize that this means with a good party and voice communication it will still take 65 hours to get the set not including the weapon and those of us needing dual weps it will take 95 hours. Plus with random groups the dungeon is basically impossible as said by others. 95 hours of the same dungeon to get 1 of the 8 sets is stupid and no offense but if your don’t agree your stupid cause that is a grind fest which is what the designers said they don’t like so basically they don’t like their own game plus the fact that they could just make the tokens all the same and people that want to work hard to get stuff can still put in hundreds of hours for the legendary weps.

lvl 80 Ele
KnT Commander

Thank You Anet

Ruien.9506

I think everyone can agree that a challenge is awesome, but being thoroughly disappointed by terrible loot doesn’t have to be a part of the equation.

Did you miss the part about the 100 tokens ? Thats over half of 1 piece of epic looking gear in just 5 hours. Did I forget to mention that in those 4 runs I had to salvage 5 backpack full of items which I turned around and made 12g from crafting with latter ? Did I mention that we had very few actual repair deaths and all of us came away with more money than we went in with?

You people are just spoiled.

Thank You Anet

Posted by: Garrix.7036

Garrix.7036

to be perfectly fair, most of the screaming at the moment is about the way the diminishing return system is completely broken. I have no proble with running things plenty of times, but getting 2s and 17k experience on my firs dungeon in 12 hours doesn’t even begin to cover repairs for some of the more difficult ones.

Thank You Anet

Borked.6824

Sure the challenge is nice, but doing it 60+ times for armor skins, runes or Gifts for Legendaries makes it tedious and a huge grind.

My rogue took over a year’s worth of farming Molten Core just to get my pair of Nightslayer shoulders. But actually, I enjoyed every bit of it because I didn’t make getting the gear my sole purpose for playing the game. But the point is…putting in time and work for gear is nothing new.

Thank You Anet

Ruien.9506

Guess what people. My static will go run another dungeon tomorrow. We might be back to Arah later this week. You guys are focused on getting something now now now instead of looking at it from a bigger picture of.. This is just 1 step of a bigger picture.

My post stands. The game isn’t broken. Your mentality is.

Thank You Anet

Posted by: Raging Bull.5048

Raging Bull.5048

^
How can anyone accept any different?

Thank You Anet

Garrix.7036

Guess what people. My static will go run another dungeon tomorrow. We might be back to Arah later this week. You guys are focused on getting something now now now instead of looking at it from a bigger picture of.. This is just 1 step of a bigger picture.

ah.. there is a post explaining how the new system is supposed to work (by a dev). it doesn’t do what they say it does. I think that is broken by definition.

Thank You Anet

Ruien.9506

You do realize that this means with a good party and voice communication it will still take 65 hours to get the set not including the weapon and those of us needing dual weps it will take 95 hours. Plus with random groups the dungeon is basically impossible as said by others. 95 hours of the same dungeon to get 1 of the 8 sets is stupid and no offense but if your don’t agree your stupid cause that is a grind fest which is what the designers said they don’t like so basically they don’t like their own game plus the fact that they could just make the tokens all the same and people that want to work hard to get stuff can still put in hundreds of hours for the legendary weps.

These dungeons aren’t ment to be pugged. In fact Anet has said it over and over and over. Your need to get everything now now now is the only reason you think it takes too long to get the gear.

Thank You Anet

Killer.4709

you dont seem to understand everyong wants the end game gear. ya your fine with waiting for it but not all of us can put in 5 hours of play time a day and normal parties cant finish that dungeon at all. so like i said for me to get that set with your party speed it will still take me 95 hours which is like 10 weeks for me and thats 1 set and of just grinding the same dungeon.

lvl 80 Ele
KnT Commander

Thank You Anet

Garrix.7036

oy, stop complaining about tokens and answer me!

(I agree that item costs are fine though. I have my full molten set and about 100-200 coins from all the other dungeons)

Thank You Anet

Killer.4709

These dungeons aren’t ment to be pugged. In fact Anet has said it over and over and over. Your need to get everything now now now is the only reason you think it takes too long to get the gear.

i dont need it now im not one of the people that played 2 days strait to get the cof gear haha i started in early start and still only have 190 tokens from cof. im just playing the game and having fun. i dont need it now im fine with putting in time but the problem is with the amount of time it takes to get this gear now its basically unreachable for me and thats why im mad. i like a challenge in fact 1 night i played arah with a random group for like 5 hours as you did and we only got half way done in both of the runs we did and yes 2 runs half way in 5 hours haha. i had a great time and loved the challenge but i want my work and fun to be rewarding eventually and at this point it seems like i wont be able to get any sets with the amount of time i ahve to play.

lvl 80 Ele
KnT Commander

Thank You Anet

Lelouch Lamperouge.3716

My rogue took over a year’s worth of farming Molten Core just to get my pair of Nightslayer shoulders. But actually, I enjoyed every bit of it because I didn’t make getting the gear my sole purpose for playing the game. But the point is…putting in time and work for gear is nothing new.

What game are you playing? Guild Wars 2 hasn’t been out for a year. The whole point of the game according to developers was to take the grind out of conventional MMOs and make it something fun to play. Right now it’s all grind to get these armor skins.

You might think it was fun to do these runs for the first time, but seriously try to get the armor set. 60 runs lasting 1 hour each will make you want to kill yourself especially since they do not change. Sure there are 4 options, but you still will have to do each option 15 times if you keep changing them around.

Thank You Anet

Borked.6824

you dont seem to understand everyong wants the end game gear. ya your fine with waiting for it but not all of us can put in 5 hours of play time a day and normal parties cant finish that dungeon at all. so like i said for me to get that set with your party speed it will still take me 95 hours which is like 10 weeks for me and thats 1 set and of just grinding the same dungeon.

What people want and what people get are completely different. Learn this kitten and learn it well people. I seriously want to litter this post full of kittens at you guys. Know your role and earn your keep. If you’re bad, you don’t get gear. If you’re lazy, you don’t get gear. If you’re a dbag, you don’t get gear. If you don’t have reliable groups, you don’t get gear. If you don’t have the time, you don’t get gear!!

Thank You Anet

Lelouch Lamperouge.3716

What game are you playing? Guild Wars 2 hasn’t been out for a year. The whole point of the game according to developers was to take the grind out of conventional MMOs and make it something fun to play. Right now it’s all grind to get these armor skins.

You might think it was fun to do these runs for the first time, but seriously try to get the armor set. 60 runs lasting 1 hour each will make you want to kill yourself especially since they do not change. Sure there are 4 options, but you still will have to do each option 15 times if you keep changing them around.

Thank You Anet

Ruien.9506

Its you sir thats missing the point. Dont do the dungeons for the gear. You wont be 1 bit stronger than the exotics you can buy from the TP. Fact of the matter is, only people who do things in a game for the sole reason of a pixel reward thinks the dungeons are broken. Those of us that know better are enjoying ourselves.

Real raiders and Pro’s know the loot isnt the reward.

Thank You Anet

Posted by: miya.5160

miya.5160

Only five hours a day necessary.

Thank You Anet

Posted by: Rislod.7120

Rislod.7120

I have 1400 tokens. I didn’t buy a single piece of Flame Legion gear/rune. I have a full exotic set with full superior runes and a exotic weapon. I never did this for the tokens…

Thank You Anet

Ruien.9506

oy, stop complaining about tokens and answer me!

(I agree that item costs are fine though. I have my full molten set and about 100-200 coins from all the other dungeons)

I’ll answer you. No I dont think the new system is broken. We came out ahead tonight on money without taking into account the items in our bags. We also dont die a lot either. Every one who enters a dungeon has a way to rez a person to prevent armor dmg death. Some classes have multiple ways. Our warrior has the rez banner, I have search and rescue, our gaurdian uses his shield, thiefs have smoke wall and stealth.

You can not walk into a dungeon with nothing but DPs talents and abilities and expect not to die. Go into 1 with a well rounded group and you have less actual deaths.

Thank You Anet

Posted by: Freky.1903

Freky.1903

OP you are failing to remember this game was “built for the casual gamer” you said you spent 5 hours for 100 tokens so lets do the math, you’re making 20 tokens an hour and you need what is is 1330 tokens for a full set? So you have to play that dungeon for 66 hours for full gear! And that’s being generous and in the best conditions with the same group that can run it in an hour, but that’s not how it would really go. You would easily spend over 70 hours in the dungeon to get that full set. Does anyone really want to do that when you think about it? No not at all. Even with different paths it would be boring as kittens.

Long story short no one wants to grind 70 hours in the same spot for low rewards at the end of each run.

Also I don’t think anyone really agrees with you. No one should do the dungeons for the gear? Really? Then why have the gear and tokens to begin with? It is all for the gear the developer of CoF even stated that basically saying that he wants us to work for the gear. If he wanted us to play it for the storyline then he would of said that or made it a lot easier for us to get the gear because he wouldn’t care as much. So don’t say we shouldn’t play dungeons for the gear when it really is what it’s all for because I don’t see anyone running a dungeon for 70+ hours just for the storyline or environment.

(edited by Freky.1903)

Thank You Anet

Borked.6824

“built for the casual gamer”

Sweeping generalization. Where’s the proof of this?

Thank You Anet

Killer.4709

Its you sir thats missing the point. Dont do the dungeons for the gear. You wont be 1 bit stronger than the exotics you can buy from the TP. Fact of the matter is, only people who do things in a game for the sole reason of a pixel reward thinks the dungeons are broken. Those of us that know better are enjoying ourselves.

Real raiders and Pro’s know the loot isnt the reward.

first of all im playing an ele and still do beastly in the dungeons so i know how to play. and i think i should have been more clear i dont want the dungeons to be easier i love how hard they are i just want the armor to be easier to get. if you truely dont care about the armor then you shouldnt care how easy it is to get. also i dont want it to be super easy i would be happy to put in say 25 hours to get 1 set the problem is i have to do it on 1 dungeon and thats boring. it seems to me if they made it so all dungeons shared tokens and left the difficulty the same me and you would both be happy. unless you really to want the reward and just want to look pro because your one of the few with a party that is willing to put in 5 hours a day to get it.

lvl 80 Ele
KnT Commander

Thank You Anet

Posted by: Gempulse.9463

Gempulse.9463

Did you miss the part about the 100 tokens ? Thats over half of 1 piece of epic looking gear in just 5 hours. Did I forget to mention that in those 4 runs I had to salvage 5 backpack full of items which I turned around and made 12g from crafting with latter ? Did I mention that we had very few actual repair deaths and all of us came away with more money than we went in with?

You people are just spoiled.

“You people are just spoiled.” Bingo! Most of these people are used to crying to momma Blizzard and momma Blizzard kissing their boo boo and making it feel better with nerfs and free epics.

I agree with your post, OP. My dungeon group and I completed all 3 paths of Twilight Arbor explorable and had a blast, even though some of the encounters are bugged. We all came to the agreement that explorable dungeons are at the moment maybe a little too easy.

Thank You Anet

Ruien.9506

Its only a grind because “you” are forcing it to be. We have completed every single explorable mode. Never did any of them for the tokens.

And for the guy who remarked, It only took you 5 hours or some crap. yea 5 hours of some of the best fun we have had in an MMo in 10 years.

Thank You Anet

Posted by: Crucifer.2831

Crucifer.2831

Thank you Anet for not giving in to the screams and sticking with your design. My static group and I just completed all 4 paths in Arah today and we were totally blown away with some of the events and boss fights. The scenery and atmosphere is spot on and all 5 of us really enjoyed our 5 hours today.

In those 4 wings we ended up with 100 tokens or so but that wasn’t why we were running them. We wanted the challenge. We wanted the atmosphere. We wanted to have our efforts rewarded and we got exactly that.

It wasn’t the loot that rewarded us. It was the satisfaction of knowing we 5 are doing things that most here on this board says is impossible. We were rewarded with the laughs we shared when someone goofed and got capped or how one of our members just cant figure out that running ahead just isn’t bright.

All in all, it was a fantastic day of dungeon crawling and we want to thank you for it. We haven’t had this much challenge in a game since Eq1.

Thanks.

Let me re-write this:

“Thank you ArenaNet for not giving into the QQing today, because me and my 4 buddies were in the first group of 80s who didn’t get shafted in the “Kitten” and got to free farm out CoF gear before you ruined the game for everyone else. Now we have the gear to viably run Arah, so keep up the good work only catering to me and my 4 friends and make sure you don’t screw us too because were the last happy people you have left."

Signed,

The guy who has no idea what the problem of today is.

Thank You Anet

Killer.4709

Thanks.

Let me re-write this:

“Thank you ArenaNet for not giving into the QQing today, because me and my 4 buddies were in the first group of 80s who didn’t get shafted in the “Kitten” and got to free farm out CoF gear before you ruined the game for everyone else. Now we have the gear to viably run Arah, so keep up the good work only catering to me and my 4 friends and make sure you don’t screw us too because were the last happy people you have left."

Signed,

im actually more on his side then yours. i want difficulty i like having an insane challenge. but i want to still be rewarded for attempting it and trying all the dungeons. at this point if i wanted to try all the paths in all the dungeons it would take me weeks of playing and in the end i wouldnt be any closer to the cool sets. i vote keep the diffuculty the same but make it so all the tokens are the same.

lvl 80 Ele
KnT Commander

Thank You Anet

Killer.4709

Thanks.

Let me re-write this:

Signed,

im actually more on his side then yours. i want difficulty i like having an insane challenge. but i want to still be rewarded for attempting it and trying all the dungeons. at this point if i wanted to try all the paths in all the dungeons it would take me weeks of playing and in the end i wouldnt be any closer to the cool sets. i vote keep the diffuculty the same but make it so all the tokens are the same.

lvl 80 Ele
KnT Commander

Thank You Anet

Posted by: Vargs.6234

Vargs.6234

I could spend 100 painful hours (plus another 100 trying to get people together) “working” for an armor set in what’s supposed to be a fun video game, so that I can lord it over people in Lion’s Arch to show them that yes, I am part of the unemployed, masochistic MMO 1%. Or I could just stop playing because the game doesn’t really have anything else to offer in PvE. Who’s still going to be around for you to show off to in the coming months?

Thank You Anet

Ruien.9506

Thanks.

Let me re-write this:

Signed,

Umm CoF gear wont make you 1 bit stronger than the exotics you can buy from the trading post. The ONLY reason to get the gear is for the looks . Everyone who logs in can have the exact same stats I have by going to the trading post.

So why are you doing something you really really hate that doesnt measure up to your standards when you can get the same stats by crafting or buying them?

The game isnt broken. Your mentality is.

Thank You Anet

Posted by: Quiznos.4296

Quiznos.4296

Do CM story at level 40. No, voice chat. With 4 other people you have never played with (as close to 40 as you can find).
Tell me they didn’t overboard it a bit.
Fraps it. you tube it. post the link here in the forums.
Please, enlighten us as to how you’re so leet. Or do you care nothing for community helping community? Cause that’s what Anet claimed to want. Those are the players they wanted playing their games. If they’re making us Community oriented folks upset and making you “screw everybody else i’ve got my kitten on lock” players happy they messed up.

Also, keep in mind I can’t gather in Dungeons. I need to make more money in dungeons than outside to buy mats. They have no achievements, like the rest of the game, why not have a little bit extra money and exp to compensate?

100 tokens in 5 hrs? That’s 138hrs, or 46 hrs doing each of the 3 runs, For full armor set and 4 (2h) weps (some of us even like to match with our underwater, ok). Doing the same exact thing 37 times is worth the skins, but it’s also worth A LOT more than 74 silver. (assumed 2s/run)

Thank You Anet

Garrix.7036

The problem being that what I posted is not an opinion, and yours is. The system is broken since this morning. People are getting 2s and 7s rewards seemingly at absolute random. There is no diminishment for others. There is little to no experience reward for those people farming skillpoints. That is, by definition, broken. You cannot say it is not broken in that facet at the very least simply because you have your own little group and don’t care if a portion of the game does as it is intended. For all we know you’re one of the lucky few that isn’t affected by the diminishing returns and are getting the full reward, as intended, when you do separate paths.

Thank You Anet

Posted by: Neuromancer.2148

Neuromancer.2148

Seriously, why are some players caring about what other players do? Not everyone has 5 hours a day to spend gaming.

Apprentice Namer – Blackgate

Thank You Anet

Crucifer.2831

Thanks.

Let me re-write this:

Signed,

Umm CoF gear wont make you 1 bit stronger than the exotics you can buy from the trading post. The ONLY reason to get the gear is for the looks . Everyone who logs in can have the exact same stats I have by going to the trading post.

So why are you doing something you really really hate that doesnt measure up to your standards when you can get the same stats by crafting or buying them?

You really aren’t intelligent… one its horsekitten for you to sit here and tell me you and your buddies aren’t all in CoF gear.

Secondly to buy the Exotics for 3-5 gold if not more a piece on the TP you need to farm money. And now the repair cost > Money earned from dungeon grinding which means either way you slice this pie my friend you are thanking arenanet for screwing everyone else but you and your 4 buddies.

Roll another toon and join the crowd who got shafted lets see if you sing the same tune when you get to 80 on that character.

Thank You Anet

Posted by: Eve.1029

Eve.1029

What people want and what people get are completely different. Learn this kitten and learn it well people. I seriously want to litter this post full of kittens at you guys. Know your role and earn your keep. If you’re bad, you don’t get gear. If you’re lazy, you don’t get gear. If you’re a dbag, you don’t get gear. If you don’t have reliable groups, you don’t get gear. If you don’t have the time, you don’t get gear!!

Translation: if ur a new player- get out and stay out of dungeons
if you don’t quit ur job and play it 24/7- well ur lazy and u don’t deserve to get gear
if you don’t have a static group and go w/ pugs- well it’s ur fault for meeting new people, and for not being a complete elitist. should only group w/ “geared” elitists that’s already full exotic and already knows everything about being pro at playing this game.

well, why not just put a sign on the dungeon that says “80% of player base go away”

GW2, to me, was suppose to be more about the community and the progress of growing and experiencing things. These recent changes pigeonhole us into the old elitist mentalities of past MMOs. Even if the dungeon is fun, i wouldn’t want to help a sub-80 get some gear, or go w/ people i don’t know, or go w/ people that are chill to hang out w/ but their skill is sub-par. Because the end result is that not only are the runs slower, my repair bill might be > the rewards. Right, i’m sure this will do amazing things for the community.

Thank You Anet

Ruien.9506

I could spend 100 painful hours (plus another 100 trying to get people together) “working” for an armor set in what’s supposed to be a fun video game, so that I can lord it over people in Lion’s Arch to show them that yes, I am part of the unemployed, masochistic MMO 1%. Or I could just stop playing because the game doesn’t really have anything else to offer in PvE. Who’s still going to be around for you to show off to in the coming months?

This is your hangup not mine. Don’t project it onto me. I went and made one of the personal mystic forges yesterday so that I don’t have to step foot into Lions arch. I could care less to have drooling people looking at my gear. My worth as a human being isn’t dictated by anyone’s appreciation of video game pixels. Oh btw I am 40, retired from the navy as a Master Chief after 21 years of service. I own my own home outright and guess what? I even take baths on a regular basis.

Thank You Anet

Posted by: Quiznos.4296

Quiznos.4296

Also, the game wasn’t broken, neither was (or is for that matter) our mentality.
So they fixed… what? exactly?
You said yourself, you like the challenge and don’t care about the rewards. WE DO.
You refer to liking the challenge of a dungeon NO ONE is complaining about.
Does us getting rewarded hurt you in any way? would you getting additionally awarded hurt you?

If our suggestions: fix bugs & improve rewards to match new difficulty; don’t hurt you, then clearly it is your mentality that is broken.

Let’s say your a calc teacher. The gov’t decides everyone who can solve blah blah super complex calc equation can have 1000 dollars. You’d complain that you’d be getting money?
We’re saying “hey this kittens hard; it’s worth that 1000 dollars” and your saying but I love math sooo much I don’t need a reward and so you shouldn’t have one either.

Thank You Anet

Posted by: Winston.2489

Winston.2489

It would be nice if there were a random drop chance for the armors. But please don’t make it easier. Make a Hard Mode. (ie Guatemalan Insanity Pepper Mode).

Eredon Terrace Invader

Thank You Anet

Posted by: FootDive.3451

FootDive.3451

In this thread:

Elitists vs. Casuals

That’s pretty much what this argument is coming down to in respects to the demographics right now.

In all honesty, fling your insults into the toilet and not at each other. Its degrading. If someone has a different opinion to you, it ain’t worth any less and any more than your own. Everyone in this thread has a legitimate concern and ANet should listen to each.

People are NOT concerned with the difficulty but the problem is in its rewards. Not everyone is a challenge seeker. The bigger the challenge, the bigger the reward. We all like that now don’t we? The dungeons should be designed in a way that appeals to many and not to a few.

Thank You Anet

Killer.4709

This is your hangup not mine. Don’t project it onto me. I went and made one of the personal mystic forges yesterday so that I don’t have to step foot into Lions arch. I could care less to have drooling people looking at my gear. My worth as a human being isn’t dictated by anyone’s appreciation of video game pixels. Oh btw I am 40, retired from the navy as a Master Chief after 21 years of service. I own my own home outright and guess what? I even take baths on a regular basis.

bro i understand you points i to love the challenge but can you at least agree that by making the tokens from dungeons all the same it would improve the game. this would make it so people can run all the dungeons, the difficulty would stay the same, and those of us that dont have all the time can still play anything we want and still get the pixel rewards.

p.s. i dont have the money for the trade post gear haha and i still do fine even in arah and im al ele. Difficulty=perfect and with a good party the repair cost is much less that the reward. there are two things i dont like different tokens from all dungeons and diminished returns from running the same one… what if i like that one cause its the hardest?

lvl 80 Ele
KnT Commander

Thank You Anet

Ruien.9506

Thanks.

Let me re-write this:

Signed,

You really aren’t intelligent… one its horsekitten for you to sit here and tell me you and your buddies aren’t all in CoF gear.

Secondly to buy the Exotics for 3-5 gold if not more a piece on the TP you need to farm money. And now the repair cost > Money earned from dungeon grinding which means either way you slice this pie my friend you are thanking arenanet for screwing everyone else but you and your 4 buddies.

Roll another toon and join the crowd who got shafted lets see if you sing the same tune when you get to 80 on that character.

Bud you just don’t have a clue. I have over 200g already and I didn’t get it by running dungeons. I logged on day 1 and leveled weaponsmith as I leveled my character. I sell at least 1 weapon a day and depending on materials I have sold 4 a day. I don’t corner the market, i don’t undercut anyone. All I do is craft a weapon, sell it and boom gtg.
Oh and I am a jeweler as well.

I have 2 pieces of CoF gear and have done all 3 paths in CoF. We didnt sit there and farm magg because we KNEW it would be changed.

I bet you right now I can level an alt and staert it out fresh with 0 help from my main and be ahead of you in days. Why? because i dont whine and think things cant be done. I just go do them.

2 types of people in this world and ONLY 2 types.

Those that get stuff done.
Those that dont.

Thank You Anet

Posted by: miya.5160

miya.5160

Also, friends make everything better. Even things I detest, like moving or repainting. And I did have fun today doing the dungeons for tokens to get my final Nightmare piece.

However, that doesn’t stop me from being able to look at the money and experience rewards at the end and think, “That is super low.”

Thank You Anet

Killer.4709

Thanks.

Let me re-write this:

Signed,

Bud you just don’t have a clue. I have over 200g already and I didn’t get it by running dungeons. I logged on day 1 and leveled weaponsmith as I leveled my character. I sell at least 1 weapon a day and depending on materials I have sold 4 a day. I don’t corner the market, i don’t undercut anyone. All I do is craft a weapon, sell it and boom gtg.

I have 2 pieces of CoF gear and have done all 3 paths in CoF. We didnt sit there and farm magg because we KNEW it would be changed.

I bet you right now I can level an alt and staert it out fresh with 0 help from my main and be ahead of you in days. Why? because i dont whine and think things cant be done. I just go do them.

Those that dont.

im like you in all ways accept one. i dont ahve time to get stuff done in the game im a student still trying to get stuff done im life and thats not an insult or anything twords you i just want some reward too my main reward is fun but i want that sick armor and i dont ahve time to get gold either to get the trade post armor i was counting on cof to get the good armor. by the way im 400 jewel crafting as well and im an ele that has no problem with any dungeon even with sub par gear. love the difficulty just want tokens to all be the same!!!

lvl 80 Ele
KnT Commander

Thank You Anet

Posted by: Delacroix.8594

Delacroix.8594

Also, the game wasn’t broken, neither was (or is for that matter) our mentality.
So they fixed… what? exactly?
You said yourself, you like the challenge and don’t care about the rewards. WE DO.
You refer to liking the challenge of a dungeon NO ONE is complaining about.
Does us getting rewarded hurt you in any way? would you getting additionally awarded hurt you?

If our suggestions: fix bugs & improve rewards to match new difficulty; don’t hurt you, then clearly it is your mentality that is broken.

Let’s say your a calc teacher. The gov’t decides everyone who can solve blah blah super complex calc equation can have 1000 dollars. You’d complain that you’d be getting money?
We’re saying “hey this kittens hard; it’s worth that 1000 dollars” and your saying but I love math sooo much I don’t need a reward and so you shouldn’t have one either.

Somehow, I think they DO get hurt when others get the loot that they want in a faster way. Who knows why, but it is true.

Take a look at MMOs in general; When a new mmo is launched and someone hits max level within a few days, some people hate that person. He hasn’t done anything, but they hate him, “what a lifeless moron rofl”, when in reality, they’re just upset that someone did much faster what they’re currently struggling to do.

Around day 5 after the official release, I saw this on Queensdale’s map chat:

Player 1: Man, it feels like forever to level up, I’m just 14.
Player 1: Are there level 80’s already?
Player 2: Yeah, quite a few.
Player 1: OMG seriously,kittensick people living in their mother’s basement. I have a life thank you.

Somehow, he got hurt because there were level 80’s while he was having problems to level up and went on with his hate speech.

Now in another MMO I used to play, new PvP content was released. After 4 days, someone had reached the max PvP level and obtained all the new gear, he went to the forums and posted this:

“Hello, I’m one of the very few that already have hit max pvp level and gotten all the gear. That being said, it was really easy to do. I’m not asking for a rollback, I’m asking the devs yo nerf the experience so it takes other people more time than us because it wasn’t really a challenge.”

He basically got what he needed then wanted everything nerfed so others would struggle. It’s happening here too. One of my former guildies farmed CoF for days and got his whole set. Once the patch came up, he said “I hope they fixed CoF so people have problems getting the set now, thankfully I got mine LOL”.

Everything feels like this:

If I can’t, then others shouldn’t.
If I already did it, it should be much harder for others.

Thank You Anet

Posted by: Rislod.7120

Rislod.7120

Exotic armor in general is around 3.5g a piece
So that’s around 14 runs of CoF @ 26s per run, but you can easily get 3.5g @ 10-12 runs including drops and Gate of Flame event.
For a full set, you’d need ~60 runs

Lowest piece of exotic armor (Flame Legion) is 180 tokens which is 9 runs of CoF @ 20 tokens per run. You need 1380 for a full set which is ~70 runs.

Now take into account Armor repair. Let’s say ~3-4 runs you need to repair @ ~10.5s per repair.

If you are going for Exotic Gear:( (350s x 6 ) + (10.5s x 15)) / 26 = ~90 runs @ 26s
If you are going for Flame Legion Exotic in tokens: 1380/20 = ~70 runs @ 20 token
Flame Legion set effectively costs : 70 × 26s = 18.2g
In terns of gold, Flame Legion average per piece would then be : 18.2g/6 = 3g
However, including repair costs, Flame Legion set would then be : 18.2g + (10.5s x 18) = 20g 9s
Then the average Flame Legion piece would be : 20g 9s / 6 = 3.35g

Flame Legion exotic set : 20g 9s
General exotic set : 21g

Thank You Anet

Crucifer.2831

Thanks.

Let me re-write this:

Signed,

Those that dont.

Twitch.tv + Xsplit….challenge accepted mate…put your money where your mouth is.

No sending gold from your pre-patch toon, no taking mats from your pre-patch toon.

Straight up fresh 1-80 and you tell me how easy / time consuming not having CM to farm / CoF to grind your gear works out for you.

Do all of it while streaming so the video footage is there. I’ll be an avid watcher.

But a lot of me doubts you will put up…so instead why not shut the praising of this ridiculous patch when you know you are one of the vocal minorities who didn’t get screwed.