Thank you dungeon design team

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Bombul.2506

Bombul.2506

I just wanted to extend a whole hearted thank you to the dungeon design crew. I had given up on running dungeons months ago. Traditionally I am a dungeon/raid junky. Over the past couple of days I have decided to give dungeons another chance (never stopped fractals, but all others).

My experience: 10-20 minute runs with people complaining it took too long. Someone in party always pointing out invulnerable spots so mechanics completely ignored. Rez rushing…luckily avoided any parties using this tactic lest I would have rage quit. I took characters in green gear whose skills I know very little about, have no idea what any mobs do, cruised through with few issues.

Thank you for bringing a potential challenge back into the game.

Now if we would just raise the difficulty of encounters it would be a day to celebrate.

Posted by: The Gates Assassin.9827

The Gates Assassin.9827

I’m glad I’m not the only one who thinks challenge is a good thing in a game.

Main: Raine Avina (Engineer)
Message me any time in game.

Posted by: DancingPenguins.9875

DancingPenguins.9875

No, this is why the fractal hardcap angered a lot of people. They basically made a lot more of the game faceroll and cut off the challenging part.

Posted by: Silk Greywin.2453

Silk Greywin.2453

Yep…. they are making the game for you, and the rest of us who don’t want everything hardcore can leave……. Congrats

Posted by: Essence Snow.3194

Essence Snow.3194

You had/have the option to make the game harder all along. You choose/have chosen not to…..solo content like wethsul (not sure of spelling) see how easy that is. My guess is you take advantage of every shortcut, every glitch, everything to make the content easier, yet clamor for harder content. What r ya really after? Exclusive reward maybe?

Serenity now~Insanity later

Posted by: Fay.2735

Fay.2735

I wholeheartedly agree with the OP, I’m glad dungeons are being made more challenging, interesting and requiring teamwork & friendly communication. Elitists speed running PuGs have been having their hands held for far too long with this supposed ‘difficult’ content.

Personally I would add an additional mode to the dungeons. One that is harder than explorable. Make Storymode easier (some are still far too difficult) and make the current explorable mode sort of in between the current explorables and storymode, difficulty wise.

That way people still have access to the content in a casual way for farming but the harder modes are as explorables were intended… for the hardcore coordinated PvE teams.

•— Fay Everdunes | Fay Erduna | Lilyfay (Fay.2735) — Mesmer/Revenant — [NA]FA — 8k±Hrs Played —•
Have you heard of the city? The ancient uru? Where there was power to write worlds

Silk Greywin.2453

If that is aimed at me Essence, I dont care for the rewards… I play to have fun and enjoy the company of my friends worldwide. I make new friends and explore new places. Don’t feel the need to enter a kitten competition via armour or levels or rewards. Anet have just modified a great game into a less enjoyable place. I don’t think it is a level playing field as Anet hoped, as I have members in my guild who are young and can’t ‘buy’ or ‘play’ their way in a kitten contest because believe it or not, some of us have real life commitments and can’t spend 24/7 in GW2. Seems the content is being funnelled into a WoW tasting game. I have put real money into game to support Anet, but no more. Anet have made one too many modification for me. I find the Black Lion gouging dishonest, and am generally disillusioned at Anet’s integrity. Glad you haven’t had substantial Gold disappear from trading post like one of my members and have anet flick them off… another has had items disappear of characters and Anet don’t care…
I don’t clamour for harder content, just clamour for fun content. Would like the choice. But saying that I know that I have only to leave the game… this is a choice I have.

Posted by: TehPwnerer.7215

TehPwnerer.7215

Yep…. they are making the game for you, and the rest of us who don’t want everything hardcore can leave……. Congrats

Because res-rushing was super hardcore, right?

I love the new changes. Finally taking away zerging in dungeons and making teamwork more important. Good job on the path Anet. You’ve made a lot of people happy despite the whiners.

Silk Greywin.2453

That’s just silly Mkalafut. Of course its the opposite of hardcore. Putting 5 people together in a new environment doesn’t make a team. I believe this change will see a lot of people lying on dungeon floors because it is too risking to rez them ….. it happens now. It will get worse. I am glad you are happy with the changes and would appreciate you not disrespecting my choice to be unhappy with them. I think the less able players will be even more discouraged from attempting the dungeons. An acquaintance ingame ventured into fractals with a team of strangers and was admittedly a newby and unwittingly ill prepared. He was so badly treated by the group, that chose not to help him get better but to denigrate him, that he will not go near dungeons or fractals again. Although many many people in GW2 are good souls, not all are. I have a number of issues with Anet, this just being the small straw that is really pushing on the camels back.

The Gates Assassin.9827

That’s just silly Mkalafut. Of course its the opposite of hardcore. Putting 5 people together in a new environment doesn’t make a team. I believe this change will see a lot of people lying on dungeon floors because it is too risking to rez them ….. it happens now. It will get worse. I am glad you are happy with the changes and would appreciate you not disrespecting my choice to be unhappy with them. I think the less able players will be even more discouraged from attempting the dungeons. An acquaintance ingame ventured into fractals with a team of strangers and was admittedly a newby and unwittingly ill prepared. He was so badly treated by the group, that chose not to help him get better but to denigrate him, that he will not go near dungeons or fractals again. Although many many people in GW2 are good souls, not all are. I have a number of issues with Anet, this just being the small straw that is really pushing on the camels back.

What purpose does that story serve? The problem with that dungeon run wasn’t the content, it was the players he was with. Fractals is beautifully designed. You can’t blame Anet for crappy people. It just happens. If that person was with me, they probably would have had a much better time, as I generally am very nice to people just starting out. Same dungeon. Different players. Different experience.

If you want easy dungeons, go to one of the lower level ones. CoF is level 78 iirc. That shouldn’t be easy. Not to mention path 1 is a really easy starting point. There’s plenty of content for casual players, including the personal story and random events. Keep in mind, they’re designed to be more challenging content. It should NOT be easy.

I think you unfairly demonize Anet. They worked for months on this build and I for one think it turned out great.

If that is aimed at me Essence, I dont care for the rewards… I play to have fun and enjoy the company of my friends worldwide. I make new friends and explore new places. Don’t feel the need to enter a kitten competition via armour or levels or rewards. Anet have just modified a great game into a less enjoyable place. I don’t think it is a level playing field as Anet hoped, as I have members in my guild who are young and can’t ‘buy’ or ‘play’ their way in a kitten contest because believe it or not, some of us have real life commitments and can’t spend 24/7 in GW2. Seems the content is being funnelled into a WoW tasting game. I have put real money into game to support Anet, but no more. Anet have made one too many modification for me. I find the Black Lion gouging dishonest, and am generally disillusioned at Anet’s integrity. Glad you haven’t had substantial Gold disappear from trading post like one of my members and have anet flick them off… another has had items disappear of characters and Anet don’t care…
I don’t clamour for harder content, just clamour for fun content. Would like the choice. But saying that I know that I have only to leave the game… this is a choice I have.

You’re being really melodramatic for no reason. It was really boring to have to just kite enemies. This is the system from GW1 and that worked great! It made it so you actually had to plan out what you were going to do before rushing it. A game without challenge is pointless. How much challenge depends on the player, but there has to be PvE dungeons that are good for hardcore players. CoF should be that, as it is one of the highest level dungeons. So yeah, if you don’t like a challenge, don’t jump into the Citadel of Flames just yet. Get good at the more basic stuff (personal story, events, lower level dungeons) and work your way up. There’s no need to complain because higher level content is being made actually difficult.

It’s like complaining that DoA in GW1 was too difficult. Well yeah. It’s suppose to be.

(edited by The Gates Assassin.9827)

Silk Greywin.2453

Just wishing that Anet stopped pushing forced teaming and taking away a players independence. I agreed that the new build will be mana for many, but the trend to force teaming is not to my taste. Yes it was the people, and unfortunately there are a lot like them out there. I’m sure you would have provided a more enjoyable time, so would I had I had the chance. Personally I like difficult … that was never the issue. It is the removal of your choice to rez if your “team” leave you lying on the floor. I cannot see where this change is progress.

Posted by: Indica.1380

Indica.1380

well most dungeons are there for the exotic gears which alternatively you can craft or buy (excluding fractals). now post-update, its become even more pointless unless you are after a specific gear skin.

i like what you pro-update guys say, if we dont like it then dont play it. then i question what is the use of this debate? what is the use of Anet opening a feedback section? so if we dont like it we automatically become whiners?

anyways back to the subject. if i see a player in down-state now, being a glassy mesmer i will not ress them. plenty of times i tried to ress someone ive died myself, thankfully there were this “waypoint” that i could rely on. but now ressing is not an option for glassy players like me. why would i risk losing more man power by ressing? makes no sense.

The Gates Assassin.9827

If you are dead dead, it’s probably not always the best idea to res someone anyways. If they are just downed, I’ve never seen someone not go for you. Honestly, with the fact that you can lose progress through a wipe now I find that players are more willing to do daring feats to res me and others. I sure as hell do.

The Gates Assassin.9827

well most dungeons are there for the exotic gears which alternatively you can craft or buy (excluding fractals). now post-update, its become even more pointless unless you are after a specific gear skin.

i like what you pro-update guys say, if we dont like it then dont play it. then i question what is the use of this debate? what is the use of Anet opening a feedback section? so if we dont like it we automatically become whiners?

anyways back to the subject. if i see a player in down-state now, being a glassy mesmer i will not ress them. plenty of times i tried to ress someone ive died myself, thankfully there were this “waypoint” that i could rely on. but now ressing is not an option for glassy players like me. why would i risk losing more man power by ressing? makes no sense.

Being a full glass cannon in PvE is generally not a good idea. Even the devs themselves have said this. Survivability > Cannon for the most part.

Second, the pros heavily outweigh that small dilemma. The dungeons are more challenging and require thought, instead of armor repairs.

You cannot buy the armors for dungeons, so what do you mean it’s useless to do them?

Us “Pro-Update” guys aren’t saying that. I can only speak for myself in this, but I’m saying what I like about this update. It’s clear to me that there was a LOT of work put into not only this patch, but this game. I’m not saying “If you don’t like it, just quit”. I’m saying, if you see an issue, express it in a non “Oh god everything is terrible and bad and I hate it” way. It’s not constructive and it gets old fast. Maybe you’ll see that this update isn’t bad. Maybe you’ll see what they’re really trying to do by enforcing the WP stuff.

Just say what you mean without the hyperboles and whinny language. That’s all. It’s fine if you don’t like the update, but I think it’s impossible to say this update was 100% kitten.

Posted by: LostInSmoke.2590

LostInSmoke.2590

tl;dr- OP is bad.

Bombul.2506

This is a big part of the learning curve. Mesmer is an incredible team support class. If you are going into a dungeon to be glassy dps you are falling way short of the potential of the class which should equal greater chance of failure. Mesmer can = almost continual chaos armor for the entire group which =s 50% less incoming damage. And no, you do not have to be a staff user for that. That is only one tool a mesmer brings…choosing to play the class as an exclusive dps should not equate to the game changing around it, it should equate to that person only excelling at a few aspects of the game and failing at others. It is cheap and easy to swap abilities and specs in this game, if one chooses not too it is not a short coming of the game, it is a lack of understanding the potential of the class.

Indica.1380

If you are dead dead, it’s probably not always the best idea to res someone anyways. If they are just downed, I’ve never seen someone not go for you. Honestly, with the fact that you can lose progress through a wipe now I find that players are more willing to do daring feats to res me and others. I sure as hell do.

we can lose progress with a wipe? i didnt read anything about that.
i find it much better to go on with 4man than ressing someone unless i role a guardian or the player doesnt have any mobs aggro on him. but then again even if he/she doesnt he can ress himself too.

The Gates Assassin.9827

Exactly. If you build your build a certain way, you can’t get mad when you can’t do certain things. If I build to be a full supporter, I can’t complain if my damage is kitten. If I go full berserkers, I can’t complain if I die really fast. You have to build yourself to do both. Balance is key.

The Gates Assassin.9827

we can lose progress with a wipe? i didnt read anything about that.
i find it much better to go on with 4man than ressing someone unless i role a guardian or the player doesnt have any mobs aggro on him. but then again even if he/she doesnt he can ress himself too.

If you are fighting a boss and you wipe, he regains all of his health. In certain section, if you die, certain events will reset.

Bombul.2506

tl;dr- OP is bad.

? Bad for not knowing a class that I crafted to 80, yes. Bad for not understanding my abilities and how they interact with others, yes. Bad for crusing through dungeons that I barely know with a class I do not know with little to no problems…obviously the game challenge is bad there.

Indica.1380

This is a big part of the learning curve. Mesmer is an incredible team support class. If you are going into a dungeon to be glassy dps you are falling way short of the potential of the class which should equal greater chance of failure. Mesmer can = almost continual chaos armor for the entire group which =s 50% less incoming damage. And no, you do not have to be a staff user for that. That is only one tool a mesmer brings…choosing to play the class as an exclusive dps should not equate to the game changing around it, it should equate to that person only excelling at a few aspects of the game and failing at others. It is cheap and easy to swap abilities and specs in this game, if one chooses not too it is not a short coming of the game, it is a lack of understanding the potential of the class.

what are you on? chaos armor is a staff skill so you have to have a staff. and it doesnt support allies… and how can i continously spam it?

Posted by: holloweaver.7460

holloweaver.7460

Fast-clicking on a mouse is not exactly what I can a challenge.

Thanks Anet to remind me that there are better games around.

Bombul.2506

what are you on? chaos armor is a staff skill so you have to have a staff. and it doesnt support allies… and how can i continously spam it?

do a google search for gw2 ethereal combo field. Combo fields are an important part to Mesmer play. Learning curve my friend, learning curve. Combo fields are an important part of most classes.

edit: 33% damage reduction, my bad…if you look at the wiki they give a newer version which is a random boon, but in actual play chaos armor from ethereal fields is always protection

(edited by Bombul.2506)

Posted by: Scoundrel.2139

Scoundrel.2139

I think the only real problem is that Devs here have decided everyone is a patient and understanding adult. They forget a lot of people who play are childish (not young, just childish) idiots who are happy to say: LoL! the nub died!

… just before kicking the person who died. Not everyone is happy to take on new players for dungeon run. I was lucky when I was learning as it wasn’t as it now is. New players will find it rather difficult.

Veni, Vidi, Victa.
Quidquid Latine Dictum Sit, Altum Videtur

The Gates Assassin.9827

…What does that even mean? Is that a serious post? That’s such a hyperbole that I can’t believe I’m responding to it.

I think the only real problem is that Devs here have decided everyone is a patient and understanding adult. They forget a lot of people who play are childish (not young, just childish) idiots who are happy to say: LoL! the nub died!

… just before kicking the person who died. Not everyone is happy to take on new players for dungeon run. I was lucky when I was learning as it wasn’t as it now is. New players will find it rather difficult.

So don’t game with them. If I don’t know a run, I always say “This is my first time on this one, is that alright with everyone?” If I get any pushback, I just leave. Why game with people who suck?

Posted by: Scoundrel.2139

Scoundrel.2139

…What does that even mean? Is that a serious post? That’s such a hyperbole that I can’t believe I’m responding to it.

So don’t game with them. If I don’t know a run, I always say “This is my first time on this one, is that alright with everyone?” If I get any pushback, I just leave. Why game with people who suck?

I don’t anymore. As I was saying, I’m more experienced now so I generally don’t run into that. But I see it still happen. Doesn’t matter if I tell the offender off, the idiot has still made some poor sod feel like dirt. Perhaps they’ve done the run 4 times, feel they know it? Then something happens they haven’t seen before and BAM. The above happens. I think this will make these events happen more frequently is all.

Veni, Vidi, Victa.
Quidquid Latine Dictum Sit, Altum Videtur

Silk Greywin.2453

My opinion is you are soooo right Scoundrel !

The Gates Assassin.9827

I just see it as something that you have to accept will occur. When you play an online game, there are going to be some kitten hats running around. If you join a random sampling of the population, there’s a chance one of those kitten hats will be in your party.

Get in a guild and have fun with people you’re familiar with. It makes the experience SO much better.

Bombul.2506

Scoundrel, I fully understand. I run many fractals level 1 & 2 with PUGs (just for the cash and because I like the dungeon). Rarely do I mention the fact that I am experienced in that dungeon. Sometimes you just find a group who wants to blame the “new” guy. It is almost funny to watch the group, while telling you what you are doing is wrong, aggro 10-20 mobs and then blame you for the wipe for staying back. Unfortunately I am not that patient and will drop group after a few choice words of wisdom.

That situation is a reality, but it is few and far between for me at least.

Indica.1380

do a google search for gw2 ethereal combo field. Combo fields are an important part to Mesmer play. Learning curve my friend, learning curve. Combo fields are an important part of most classes.

thanks for the info. tried to look it up but certainly u have to have a staff?.. so this ethereal will be spammable? i liked chaos armor when i use to use a staff but i found it pointless with a glass/crit build since it only last for 5secs and cd is like 35secs. its cheap to change your traits, but not gears since they are not resellable. now harder dungeons its gna be a pain to get gears.

Posted by: Sarcasmic.6741

Sarcasmic.6741

Being a full glass cannon in PvE is generally not a good idea. Even the devs themselves have said this. Survivability > Cannon for the most part.

I stopped taking you seriously here.

Stace (Lv 80 human quickness portal bot) | Sarcasmic (Lv 80 elixir-drunk norn pyro)
Saladtha (Lv 80 salad sidekick to bears) | Dunelle (Lv 80 eviscerating muppet)
Karmell (Lv 80 human might dispenser) | Vast says hi~.

Bombul.2506

thanks for the info. tried to look it up but certainly u have to have a staff?.. so this ethereal will be spammable? i liked chaos armor when i use to use a staff but i found it pointless with a glass/crit build since it only last for 5secs and cd is like 35secs. its cheap to change your traits, but not gears since they are not resellable. now harder dungeons its gna be a pain to get gears.

One mesmer to another (my first toon):

Chaos Storm (staff specific)
Chaos Armor (staff and mesmer specific)
Feedback (an amazing ability, not weapon specific)
Null Field (awesome, not weapon specific)
Time Warp (greatest ability in the game, not weapon specific)
Veil (not weapon specific)
Chaotic Revival (not weapon specific)
Medic’s Feedback (not weapon specific)

most of these are glamors, so effected by the following traits to increase effect, duration, or reduce cooldown:

Confusing enchantments
Glamour Mastery
Temporal Enchanter
Dazzing Glamours

edit: I typically use GS and SW/Focus or SW/Pistol so I understand your love of power/precison/crit.

Posted by: Dempsey.8760

Dempsey.8760

Second, the pros heavily outweigh that small dilemma. The dungeons are more challenging and require thought, instead of armor repairs.

You cannot buy the armors for dungeons, so what do you mean it’s useless to do them?

Us “Pro-Update” guys aren’t saying that. I can only speak for myself in this, but I’m saying what I like about this update. It’s clear to me that there was a LOT of work put into not only this patch, but this game. I’m not saying “If you don’t like it, just quit”. I’m saying, if you see an issue, express it in a non “Oh god everything is terrible and bad and I hate it” way. It’s not constructive and it gets old fast. Maybe you’ll see that this update isn’t bad. Maybe you’ll see what they’re really trying to do by enforcing the WP stuff.

Just say what you mean without the hyperboles and whinny language. That’s all. It’s fine if you don’t like the update, but I think it’s impossible to say this update was 100% kitten.

actually the devs said that survivability would be much safer when entering the zone for the first time and after becoming more comfortable with the zone/toon becoming more of a damage role would be more possible.
And this is the main problem that I see with people is they make a toon, gear it glass cannon right away, get killed every 10 seconds then call it too difficult because they don’t know what they’re doing yet.

Indica.1380

One mesmer to another (my first toon):

Chaos Storm (staff specific)
Chaos Armor (staff and mesmer specific)
Feedback (an amazing ability, not weapon specific)
Null Field (awesome, not weapon specific)
Time Warp (greatest ability in the game, not weapon specific)
Veil (not weapon specific)
Chaotic Revival (not weapon specific)
Medic’s Feedback (not weapon specific)

most of these are glamors, so effected by the following traits to increase effect, duration, or reduce cooldown:

Confusing enchantments
Glamour Mastery
Temporal Enchanter
Dazzing Glamours

edit: I typically use GS and SW/Focus or SW/Pistol so I understand your love of power/precison/crit.

thanks buddy your a star. really helped me.
yes i love being dps caster class like ive always been in other mmos. now im gna go test this new thing ive learnt =P

Posted by: JekelEnheid.2875

JekelEnheid.2875

Heck ya!! Now dungeon runs are fun. It takes a good strategy, good execution, and most of all teamwork. Way to go Anet! ….

Asus Maximus V | 3570k @ 4.5Ghz | 16GB DDR3 2133Mhz | GTX 770 SLI | 128 GB SDD/1.5 TB HDD

Bombul.2506

I stopped taking you seriously here.

I am so confused about what you find hard to take seriously here.

Posted by: Merendel.7128

Merendel.7128

your in luck not everything is hardcore. There is plenty of stuff to do that isnt particularly challenging for anybody smarter than a brain dead monkey. Its just now they’ve fixed the bugs/exploits that let weaker players circumvent the harder content and do it anyway. Want easy stuff? there are options for you. Want hard stuff? there are options for that as well. Want to be rewarded for doing hard stuff without it being… you know actually hard? sorry dont let the door hit you on the way out.

Anybody who actually thought exploity stuff like being able to stand on a wall and kill a boss that cant retaliate was how it was supposed to be was fooling themselves.

Silk Greywin.2453

Read the rest of the posts Merendel. You are commenting from an ill informed position. And I am glad you are happy with changes, but would appreciate you refraining from personal attacks on those of us who are unhappy about forced dependence on stranger team members.

Posted by: JekelEnheid.2875

JekelEnheid.2875

Well, I saw a group killing Moas. That’s always an option for others.

Asus Maximus V | 3570k @ 4.5Ghz | 16GB DDR3 2133Mhz | GTX 770 SLI | 128 GB SDD/1.5 TB HDD

Posted by: RedStar.4218

RedStar.4218

I am so confused about what you find hard to take seriously here.

In the first weeks of the game this was probably true because most players running glass cannon were awful at dodging and surviving. But today it’s different : you still have awful players in glass cannon but you also have players that have done the dungeon enough time to be able to sacrifice their survivability for more damage and still not die.

Posted by: shonn.5037

shonn.5037

Anet please take out the option to kick some one from the group please this way when some one keeps dieing they can not be kicked out for not having the skills needed to keep up with the cool people then every one will develop skills ….right?