Thank you for the Spider Queen change

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Neko.9021

Neko.9021

Yes, yes, yes, thank you. Maybe, finally, we’ll stop hearing about this kitten encounter every time some random complains about how stacking is ruining dungeons.

Posted by: Purple Miku.7032

Purple Miku.7032

Haven’t tried it yet, but yeah it was getting really old hearing the same Mothers of Soccer whining about “zomgstackingexploitpreventingitsattacks” over and over again.

Posted by: CuRtoKy.8576

CuRtoKy.8576

Yeah I get tired of hearing zomg dungeons are bad cause of AC spider :/

Posted by: Lilith Ajit.6173

Lilith Ajit.6173

Haven’t tried it yet, but yeah it was getting really old hearing the same Mothers of Soccer whining about “zomgstackingexploitpreventingitsattacks” over and over again.

Lol. Still dead in 5 seconds with 4 people.

[ARES]
And all who stood by and did nothing, who are they to criticize the sacrifices of others?
Our blood has bought their lives.

Posted by: Aegis.9724

Aegis.9724

the change doesnt matter, she burns so quickly that even if she pulls the aoe the only result is half the team dieing with her…

Thats with lv80s thou, didnt try with underlevels, but i’m not masochist enough to pug dungeons in non-lv 80 only groups

(edited by Aegis.9724)

Posted by: maha.7902

maha.7902

we were still able to throw her in the trash can in exactly the same spot

Serah Mahariel – Death and Taxes

Posted by: Wicked Rin.1972

Wicked Rin.1972

This spider queen change is to make non zerker players and players using horrible weapons set to think again about the weapons they use. There will be more weeding/booting people for not listening in AC groups on the spider queen.

Posted by: Tentonhammr.7849

Tentonhammr.7849

we were still able to throw her in the trash can in exactly the same spot

We did it with 4, and one was an lvl 63 warrior. Anet, please buff your corner nerf.

Zelendel

(edited by Tentonhammr.7849)

Posted by: spoj.9672

spoj.9672

This change hurts all the people complaining about stacking, more than it hurts us. Its a stupid change which makes no sense (area denial to stop you from meleeing AND ranging, wot). But i wont complain, we should see some casual tears soon. And then we can throw it back in their whiny faces.

Posted by: Wethospu.6437

Wethospu.6437

Its a stupid change which makes no sense.

Nope.

spoj.9672

Explain? I dont see any logic in having a skill that was intended to be a range area denial become something that prevents you from fighting in both melee and range. Its cooldown is too short and duration too long for it work as an all range attack (unless they changed it?). Yeah the fights still easy, but it doesnt make sense to me. It seems like the devs didnt understand the design of the attacks (RIP Hrouda) and just listened to all the QQ on the forums and gave them what they wanted without thinking about it.

Posted by: Wethospu.6437

Wethospu.6437

It’s a step to right direction. Enemies need more usable skills. Melee solo combat is much more better. Ranged is still stupid but hopefully they make her come on melee range on her own and add more skills.

How do you know how it was intended? I don’t recall any comments from devs. Why would enemies need ranged counters when melee is the dominant tactic?

Posted by: dlonie.6547

dlonie.6547

I’d rather see her just back up from players, or be a little smart about LOSing.

“Oh, all my enemies are standing in the corner with their cleaving blades drawn buffed to hell. I think I’ll just go run in to that meat grinder. Sounds fun!”

Posted by: Amineo.8951

Amineo.8951

We need Anti-Critical hits bosses who are vulnerable to conditions so the encounters feels more unique and interesting.

Posted by: winterchillz.2564

winterchillz.2564

Just did Spider with one lvl 37 thief and a 60 guard; I was 80 on my ele and 2 80 warrs, one of which died soon after the start. We didn’t stack and me and the other warrior pretty much killed her alone. Why’s the complaining about her, she’s even easier?

Cloud of Sparrows
Fluffiest Blood Legion Charr
“At least I die knowing my sisters are free”

Posted by: RSLongK.8961

RSLongK.8961

Did yesterday again.
Stacked + zerk = melted before AOE.
Boring.

Attachments:

Main: Warrior|Character counter: 16

Posted by: Brutal Arts.6307

Brutal Arts.6307

We need Anti-Critical hits bosses who are vulnerable to conditions so the encounters feels more unique and interesting.

So close to Bingo, just a little more please.

You have gotten what you paid for, all that remains is biweekly gemshop pushing.

Posted by: Lucas.9157

Lucas.9157

So close to Bingo, just a little more please.

I heard condition bosses are coming together with a necromancer-type class on the Feature Patch 2018.

Posted by: aliono nighteye.3126

aliono nighteye.3126

The biggest problem besides the direct damage burst potential of non conditions…Is the over writing of conditions by non condi specced classes and the condition cap. Also with that in mind there wouldn’t be any need for maybe more than one condition user if the encounter required it.

Twitchh [REN]

spoj.9672

Even without the cap most fights dont last long enough for condi to build up.

Posted by: Noah.4756

Noah.4756

This change hurts all the people complaining about stacking, more than it hurts us. Its a stupid change which makes no sense (area denial to stop you from meleeing AND ranging, wot). But i wont complain, we should see some casual tears soon. And then we can throw it back in their whiny faces.

Unfortunately I have to agree. I don’t label myself as a casual but I actually got kicked from a party today while doing AC P2 because I was able to dodge out of the poison while my party wiped on the Spider Queen.

This change doesn’t unstack players when fighting Spider Queen. It only makes it more risky with PuG’s because it takes one person with bad gear to screw it up. From what I have seen people still generally want to stack even if it leads to a big mess.