Thanks for answering

Thanks for answering

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: lucadiro.4519

lucadiro.4519

Hmmm there is something weird in your Story.
3rd boss on Spirit vale (sabetha) doesn’t have an aggro mechanics based in toughness so I don’t get why he kicked you at sabetha and not at gorseval.
So maybe you did the prevent for gorseval + gorseval.

Btw you joined an exp Group while having like 0 exp yourself. You had the wrong ecquipment, probably the wrong build and only god know how much mistake you made in that raid.
So you were a leecher that got carried hard… You should be glad you got the kill.
The commander also has explained you the reason because you got kicked so he did right.

A suggestion: if you want to raid, take the right build, the right ecquipment and join training runs for get experience.
Then you can join more exp Group and get your kills.
This is what mostly of player that pug raid do.

Have a nice day bb

Parabrezza

Thanks for answering

Posted by: Tornupto.2304

Tornupto.2304

So you were a leecher that got carried hard… You should be glad you got the kill.
The commander also has explained you the reason because you got kicked so he did right.

There is nothing right about griefing someones loot just because someone feels like he has to. Either kick him before or let him get his loot. Maybe he shouldn’t have joined the group in the first place if they required experience with the boss, but that is something the commander should care about before the kill is done. Kicking someone in a try which surely gets the kill or kicking directly after the chest spawned is griefing. There is nothing right about that. If he took the aggro of the boss by toughness the commander had the chance to notice that even at the very beginning of the fight and took action. NOT after the kill especially as it is weekly locked and you can’t get your chest again.
@OP: That rarely happens as far as i know. Submit a ticket if you think it’s worth the time or just write the name of the commander who griefed you down so you can avoid playing with him again. To gain experience i would suggest to join training runs and fix your gear (better before joining a training as many training groups atleast require a proper build).

Thanks for answering

Posted by: Coconut.7082

Coconut.7082

3rd boss on Spirit vale (sabetha) doesn’t have an aggro mechanics based in toughness so I don’t get why he kicked you at sabetha and not at gorseval.

Btw you joined an exp Group while having like 0 exp yourself. You had the wrong ecquipment, probably the wrong build and only god know how much mistake you made in that raid.

A suggestion: if you want to raid, take the right build, the right ecquipment and join training runs for get experience.

Have a nice day bb

OP’s story does seem fishy, what were the names of those bosses, OP?
Maybe it was noticed on Gorseval, without interrupting the fight too much (because when doing no updraft, aggro problems have less effect).

Either way, joining an experienced group while being inexperienced yourself is rude.
Joining a group that asked for a DPS class, without being actual DPS, is adding dead weight, and even ruder.
Kicking you before looting is not completely justified, but you had it coming.
BTW, if you missed the chest, you were probably completely dead at the end, so I assume you were carried because of your lack of experience.

If you really want to experience “teamwork”, don’t join a random PuG.
FYI, lying to your group is the opposite of teamwork, which might be the reason you didn’t witness it ^^.

I’m starting to see a pattern, it’s your second rant post already. You didn’t even reply to all the good answers you got in your previous one.
Are you the new nagr or Oldirtbeard?

Thanks for answering

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

Kicking someone after the kill is plain griefing. Report it (Anet’s generally bad at acting against griefing, but sometimes they do take action).

If the commander was unsatisfied with OP, he should have kicked him before kill. Doing it after is really low (in addition to being something Anet said is an actionable behaviour).

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

Thanks for answering

Posted by: Cynz.9437

Cynz.9437

OP, some bosses (e.g. Gorse) have agro mechanics based on toughness. If you have more toughness than specified tank, you might actually screw up entire group. Celestial gear is not part of any raid spec. So the raid leader saying that you weren’t geared for raids nor had experience was right. I am surprised as well that he didn’t talk to you about it or kicked you after first attempt on Gorse.
And if we look at it from comms perspective, if anything you griefed them by lying to them about your gear/experience.

If you want to minimize bad experience in raid, come prepared (have the right gear, build, preferably have headset/ts and know the fights).

All is Vain~
[Teef] guild :>

Thanks for answering

Posted by: Ryudnard.2587

Ryudnard.2587

I think I only killed the 2nd boss then. When I joined, the 1st boss was already down. Then we had to deal with a mini boss (I guess) and run through the spirits. The boss I killed was the one where we had to use updraft in and out.

Have a nice day bb

Thanks for answering

Ryudnard.2587

I killed the Gors. That was the name. I only joined the party because it was adverttised as “need condi Ranger”. That’s all.

Have a nice day bb

OP’s story does seem fishy, what were the names of those bosses, OP?
Maybe it was noticed on Gorseval, without interrupting the fight too much (because when doing no updraft, aggro problems have less effect).

Either way, joining an experienced group while being inexperienced yourself is rude.
Joining a group that asked for a DPS class, without being actual DPS, is adding dead weight, and even ruder.
Kicking you before looting is not completely justified, but you had it coming.
BTW, if you missed the chest, you were probably completely dead at the end, so I assume you were carried because of your lack of experience.

If you really want to experience “teamwork”, don’t join a random PuG.
FYI, lying to your group is the opposite of teamwork, which might be the reason you didn’t witness it ^^.

I’m starting to see a pattern, it’s your second rant post already. You didn’t even reply to all the good answers you got in your previous one.
Are you the new nagr or Oldirtbeard?

Thanks for answering

lucadiro.4519

To everyone here:
“He said I should be grateful that he didn’t kick me out during the mid run and I got carried.”

This make me think that the commander gave him the time to loot the chest.
Then if he got the time and instead to loot the chest he did other things it is his problem.

IF the commander kicked him Just an istant After the boss was dead then agree thats not right and fair.

But to be honest is hard to me to belive to him since is clear he already lied to his sqaud to join it.
And I don’t get why complain here in forum but instead submit a ticket to arenanet if he sure to be kicked unfairly

Parabrezza

Thanks for answering

Ryudnard.2587

Yeah it’s the Gors that we killed. I thought he was the 3rd boss. Excuse my little knowledge about the raid. We killed him at the first attempt. I did not lie. I did not intend to trick anyone. The group was advertised “Looking for a condi ranger”. It seemed like they didn’t care about being experienced. To be it, we got the boss and got the kill. I was left speechless when I got kicked right away soon after.

OP, some bosses (e.g. Gorse) have agro mechanics based on toughness. If you have more toughness than specified tank, you might actually screw up entire group. Celestial gear is not part of any raid spec. So the raid leader saying that you weren’t geared for raids nor had experience was right. I am surprised as well that he didn’t talk to you about it or kicked you after first attempt on Gorse.
And if we look at it from comms perspective, if anything you griefed them by lying to them about your gear/experience.

If you want to minimize bad experience in raid, come prepared (have the right gear, build, preferably have headset/ts and know the fights).

Thanks for answering

Posted by: Cynz.9437

Cynz.9437

Yeah it’s the Gors that we killed. I thought he was the 3rd boss. Excuse my little knowledge about the raid. We killed him at the first attempt. I did not lie. I did not intend to trick anyone. The group was advertised “Looking for a condi ranger”. It seemed like they didn’t care about being experienced. To be it, we got the boss and got the kill. I was left speechless when I got kicked right away soon after.

To be fair, most people have comm mastery which gives you autoloot. If you had it, you would have had looted the box automatically upon the kill. It is really your fault for not running to box and clicking interact button.
As far as experience goes, unless the group specifically says it is a training run, you can assume that the group expects someone somehow dedicated for raids (proper gear, exp etc.) Frankly, even training runs would expect you to have proper gear and at least watch boss guides.

All is Vain~
[Teef] guild :>

Thanks for answering

Ryudnard.2587

The point is I didn’t lie to anyone. I may have geared wrong and played wrong, but I did my best and survived until the very last minute of the fight. The group was advertised as in need of condi ranger. It didn’t say anything about being experienced.

Anyways, I will just delete this post in an hour or so. Thanks for answering.

To everyone here:
“He said I should be grateful that he didn’t kick me out during the mid run and I got carried.”

This make me think that the commander gave him the time to loot the chest.
Then if he got the time and instead to loot the chest he did other things it is his problem.

IF the commander kicked him Just an istant After the boss was dead then agree thats not right and fair.

But to be honest is hard to me to belive to him since is clear he already lied to his sqaud to join it.
And I don’t get why complain here in forum but instead submit a ticket to arenanet if he sure to be kicked unfairly

Thanks for answering

Ryudnard.2587

My bags were full) Thanks for informing me. I guess I’ll be more prepared If I ever join the raid group again.

To be fair, most people have comm mastery which gives you autoloot. If you had it, you would have had looted the box automatically upon the kill. It is really your fault for not running to box and clicking interact button.
As far as experience goes, unless the group specifically says it is a training run, you can assume that the group expects someone somehow dedicated for raids (proper gear, exp etc.) Frankly, even training runs would expect you to have proper gear and at least watch boss guides.

Thanks for answering

Posted by: maddoctor.2738

maddoctor.2738

The group was advertised as in need of condi ranger.

A condi ranger doesn’t use celestial trinkets, it’s a rather specific build, with set gear, traits and weapons.

Thanks for answering

Ryudnard.2587

I had two celestial trinkets. That affects that much?

The group was advertised as in need of condi ranger.

A condi ranger doesn’t use celestial trinkets, it’s a rather specific build, with set gear, traits and weapons.

Thanks for answering

lucadiro.4519

Man… More you talk more you make me think there is something weird here.
-you said you killed 2 boss, and now you are saying you killed only gorseval.
-You said Commander told you to be a liar BUT know you are saying you didn’t lied on nothing (why he said you are a liar then?)
-You initially said Commander kicked without let you the time to loot the chest, now you are saying you had the time but your inventory was full….

Hmmm

Parabrezza

Thanks for answering

Posted by: Coconut.7082

Coconut.7082

If you looted Gorseval’s chest but missed the loot from the event after him, then you didn’t really miss anything (two useless champ bags).
If they kicked you right after Gorseval (before looting the chest) it kind of sucks. But to be fair, most people forget about the chest because its auto-looted 99% of the time, so they probably didn’t even intent to revoke your loot, just wanted to kick you.

For the future, I would suggest stating your lack of experience when joining, even if the group didn’t ask for any. Many groups don’t have very high requirements like LI’s, but will still expect basic knowledge, because they are not advertised as a training run.
Also, avoid PuGging right after reset if you can.

Thanks for answering

Posted by: Third Degree Ember.6430

Third Degree Ember.6430

It’s miscommunication.

Raids are not like fractals. The people using the LFG system in raids expect people to be experienced UNLESS the raid specifically states they are a training run. When they’re looking for a condi ranger, they’re looking for a very specific build with very specific gear.

You joined their group not knowing this, and they took you in not knowing that you didn’t know this.

Extra toughness at Gorseval moves the aggro to you, meaning you were likely tanking the first few encounters. If they were doing updrafts as it sounds like they were, the tank has to move Gorseval at the right times. If not, the entire party will fail. I’m guessing their frustration with you was partly because of you taking aggro with the extra toughness.

I would suggest looking for a guild that does raid trainings and start there. Alternatively keep an eye out for LFGs that specifically state they are training.