About the new grind

About the new grind

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Xetelian.9278

Xetelian.9278

Just a big thank you for making the grind for dungeon gear longer, harder and costly.

You really listened to the fan base and made excellent changes!

Aren’t we all so happy that 1300 tokens will now take much longer to get?

About the new grind

Posted by: Prime.9450

Prime.9450

You mean 1300 Charr carvings, don’t you?
There is solution for you: if you fail at Magg’s path try another 2 paths.

/sarcasm off

Ranger Nova Stark – Far Shiverpeaks [EU]

About the new grind

Xetelian.9278

/sarcasm off

Complete all 4 dungeon paths how?
Get Dungeon Master title how?

Stop trolling me man.

About the new grind

Posted by: Rizzy.8293

Rizzy.8293

Just a big thank you for making the grind for dungeon gear longer, harder and costly.

You’re welcome trots around in COF gear pre patch

About the new grind

Xetelian.9278

You’re welcome trots around in COF gear pre patch

I could hardly find people to do explore in my 500 person guild, among my 20 RL friends who own the game and PUGs.

Now it’ll me impossible, but you look pretty sexy.

About the new grind

Posted by: Culgrim.2361

Culgrim.2361

Honestly my problem stems from the fact that I was doing HoW butcher runs because the other paths involve underwater combat. Not being a fan of that and being told that I can play this game how I choose, I joined a group to fight Butcher, became decent friends with said group and went to town for 10 hours on the Butcher. Because, hey, it’s monday and obligations wuuut. Anyway. with this new build in place I can’t even finish once the path that i enjoy due to it now being broken, but I am also told that If I become exceedingly efficient at that run OR do it twice in a row I will be penalized. I understand that they do not want us speed running to get quick tokens, but at least consider that there might be other reasons why we might be doing what we are doing.. for instance the other paths just not being enjoyable.

About the new grind

Posted by: Eveningstar.7834

Eveningstar.7834

I don’t give a kitten to doggies. Never did CoF… But now running AC is reallykitten too… Not to mention I’d have to transmute the stuff for my lvl 80 character anyway.

Buff the dungeons… I don’t care.
Nerf the rewards? Why were they so high in the first place anyway? >_>;

Miia~ GoM

About the new grind

Posted by: tommy.1924

tommy.1924

I agree with TC they dropped the ball big time, anyone remember star wars galaxies? They did one horrible update and lost all the subscribers overnight, They keep going down this ugly path and that’s exactly what will happen, and rightfully so.

About the new grind

Xetelian.9278

I don’t give a kitten to doggies. Never did CoF… But now running AC is reallykitten too… Not to mention I’d have to transmute the stuff for my lvl 80 character anyway.

Buff the dungeons… I don’t care.
Nerf the rewards? Why were they so high in the first place anyway? >_>;

Some of us would like dungeon gear
Some of us would like dungeon master title

These changes make that incredibly hard and in some cases impossible because certain paths are unbeatable without a tactical nuke.

About the new grind

Posted by: Nebilim.5127

Nebilim.5127

/sarcasm off

I would do the other paths if they weren’t bugged.

The world is teeming with unnecessary people.
It is God’s decision that i fight.
As knight of honor, as protector of the sin. I sacrifice myself, for the blood of criminals.

About the new grind

Posted by: Hellkaiser.6025

Hellkaiser.6025

oh yes we’re delighted as you can tell by the fanfare and rose petals being tossed at JonPeters for his buffs to the part that was only beatable by doing it in a manner that wasn’t intended.

we’re all so happy your gearchecks keep us from completing the dungeon so we can get gear it makes PERFECT sense when we should be clearly farming for fine mats

but of COURSE! not too much cos we’re not supposed to grind right Anet? golly gosh I was so almost falling back into that habit before you jumped in and slapped me in the face for it. And I’m better off now, slowly working my way towards gear that isn’t poop and waiting for drops that may sell for garbage prices to offset my constant unhappiness and retraiting due to nonsensical traitlines, the cost to even respawn and of course to repair the gear I have or buy new upgrades to them.

We’ll clearly thank you when we’re older

/sarcastic rant

Irony…. xD

About the new grind

Posted by: Eveningstar.7834

Eveningstar.7834

Some of us would like dungeon gear
Some of us would like dungeon master title

These changes make that incredibly hard and in some cases impossible because certain paths are unbeatable without a tactical nuke.

I agree! I was running for gear and for the Gift of Ascalon. Actually making a decent amount of tokens and enough cash for repairs was a motivation. Teching guildies how te defeat each boss and that ressing a downd member comes before trying to mash all skills on the boss.

Dungeons are a girnd. Fluff items? Yes.
So if I have to grind for my fluffy aswome set/weapons. Give me the chance to grind it… ALOT… for days straight…

Making money in this game IMO is a problem. The only ones making a killing are people facerolling the trading post. But none of that is being adressed.
Make it so you can only trade a certain amount per day… and watch the kitten-storm.

Miia~ GoM

About the new grind

Xetelian.9278

Well we all have to get 400 Smithing now if we want any progress.