Thaumanova Laser Room shield problems

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: icy.9250

icy.9250

Hi, it’s very difficult with the limited non-respawning shields, because often they are in impossible spots… also the 2(?) seconds it takes to pick up shields makes it ridiculous.

Please make shields insta-pickup and/or respawning at their initial areas every x seconds.

thx,
icy`

Posted by: Antinomy.8456

Antinomy.8456

Hi, it’s very difficult with the limited non-respawning shields, because often they are in impossible spots… also the 2(?) seconds it takes to pick up shields makes it ridiculous.

Please make shields insta-pickup and/or respawning at their initial areas every x seconds.

thx,
icy`

Are you talking about Thaumanova?

Posted by: PopeUrban.2578

PopeUrban.2578

thx,
icy`

Are you talking about Thaumanova?

If you are, it’s trivial to do that section without using the shields at all. The lasers are not targeted attacks. They aren’t shooting at you. They’re just shooting at the same spot on the wall over and over. Time it out and move between them like Catherine Zeta Jones.

Guild Master – The Papacy [POPE] (Gate of Madness)/Road Scholar for the Durmand Priory
Writer/Director – Quaggan Quest
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ky2TGPmMPeQ

Posted by: icy.9250

icy.9250

Yes, sorry, Thaumanova; topic changed. Unfortunately you have to be very lucky to make your way to switch #1 without a shield (there’s almost nowhere to stand with the three lasers there).

We eventually did do it, but after a bunch of needless deaths. A fractal with all those difficult parts, and an unforgiving laser room on top of it all… what I’m asking is very small and reasonable.

I won’t go into how I managed to get chosen to carry bomb in final boss at least five times in a row.

Posted by: Bohantopa.5729

Bohantopa.5729

Goint to the first switch is a pain. I advise not going there at all, instead go to the end console and activate the first switch through the wall. You can see the spot here: https://youtu.be/dYfyggu8QRY?t=137 (i know this was before hot, but it still works)

Posted by: Wasabi Kitty.8247

Wasabi Kitty.8247

You can use invulnerability to block the tower shots so things like mesmer disruption, ele focus earth 5, etc. can stop it. Not sure if aegis works but I’d be surprised if it didn’t. Not sure about projectile disruption/reflection.

Anet make Rev great again.

Posted by: SirPrizeBartSachs.4670

SirPrizeBartSachs.4670

The shields used to respawn if the party wiped. I’m pretty sure the non-reseting shields are an oversight and should be addressed in future patches.