Thaumanova Reactor Knockdown

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Fluffy.1932

Fluffy.1932

Q:

What causes the knockdown on the Thaumanova fractal and how can it be avoided?

Fluffy Fuz
The Edge of Oblivion [EDGE]

Posted by: SlyDevil.3952

SlyDevil.3952

A:

I have marked on my site that the spin attack would also knockdown. But I tested it again on scale 15 and couldn’t get knocked down in any situation.

I suspect the spinning attack just reflects some projectile like Tremor, or that the knockdown only happens in higher scales.

Spinning attack reflects, disappearing platforms cause knockdown however their hitboxes extend slightly onto the neighbouring platforms allowing you to be knocked down on platforms that haven’t disappeared.

Posted by: Wethospu.6437

Wethospu.6437

I have marked on my site that the spin attack would also knockdown. But I tested it again on scale 15 and couldn’t get knocked down in any situation.

I suspect the spinning attack just reflects some projectile like Tremor, or that the knockdown only happens in higher scales.

Posted by: Mizuki Kusanagi.6584

Mizuki Kusanagi.6584

the wiki entry on the Anomaly boss says that it performs an attack:
Star Smash – Heavy melee attack that Launches foes.
(Launch = knockdown / knockback)

Counter with stability skills

I imagine that you need to stay away from the front facing of the boss to avoid the attack.

Posted by: Takoyakii.2146

Takoyakii.2146

My guess is it come from disappearing platform. I noticed that when you stand on platform and it got destroy. I got knockdown and fall to my death. This destroy platform effect might cause people that stand close to that platform to get really long knockdown .

Posted by: Wulgare.1372

Wulgare.1372

And if u stand to that near the platfrom that is disappearing, u will also get knocked down, so be little more farther away from it

Fluffy.1932

I think the effect from the disappearing platform is what I was experiencing. The knockdown very rarely happens, but when it does it has been when I’m right on the edge of a platform. Thanks for your responses.

Fluffy Fuz

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

Is this something new? I don’t remember ever being knocked down up there (on both my vanilla guard, an my new reaper fractal chars). Regardless of the fractal scale. It may be some reflect effect (he does reflect missiles from time to time) like Wethospu says, or melee attack (as i never melee him). I do remember jumping/running off platforms at the very last moment (and doing that often), and if i had any problems like that i would definitely remember it.

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

Fluffy.1932

I asked this question because for a long time I didn’t experience this, but many of my teammates complained about it. It’s only happened to me a couple times, but we’ve made sure that none of our team is using any hard cc effects that can be reflected. I melee frequently, but when it has happened to me and my teammates it has been at range. I have also done some last second shenanigans off platforms, but the few times I remember being knocked down have been on the edge of platforms. It is very rare and I’m guessing requires you to be positioned in precisely the wrong place.

Fluffy Fuz