The Bugfest known as TA

The Bugfest known as TA

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: HolyGigi.9542

HolyGigi.9542

So, went to TA again today. Yesterday I did it 3 times, no major problems, so I didn’t expect anything to go wrong today.

First boss: yesterday, we just went for the boss and ignore the other worms that spawned. Today, that didnt work, there were literally 30-40 red circles on the ground with no way of evading all of them -> instant death. So we decided to reset. Only, wait, it doesnt reset!!!
So we had to kill all the heads, start damaging the boss, and kill the worm heads again as they were spawned based on the bosses HP.

We decided to go always top, so the next boss were the 4 archers behind those bubbles. Yesterday they were ok, today they were bugged to hell. Basically, only 2 of the 5 players could damage them, the other 3 couldn’t do anything. All the attacks were absorbed by that force field.. Took about 20 minutes to down them all in 2 players. We had 2 that dpsed 1 archer, and 3 others that would get something to eat, walk their dog, stuff that people tend to do while doing a dungeon. The archers werent damaging anyone either, so it wasn’t like a hard fight. Just a tedious long one.

Third boss: this one was ok, well, excepting his over 15k one hit aoe damage while you were rooted. We managed to kill 1 add, reset the fight, kill 1 add, reset, until only the boss was left. Again this was a bug, but the first one in our favor.

Last boss, the tree: it spawned veteran tree adds, something it didn’t do yesterday. Those adds, once killed, would just respawn, so there was no point in killing them. Just kited all out of the room and ran in circle, while one thief stealthed behind the boss and soloed it. Took another 20-30 minutes of glorious fun. For some reason, the thief would not take any damage behind the boss and all adds would ignore him.

Other fun facts to mention:
- warriors couldn’t hit the blossoms with their rifles. Would just bug and show: “out of range” or “obstructed” even at melee range from withing the poison cloud. This was awesome when you had to run back after defeat.
- Kill Zaithan notifications all throughout the dungeon, every 2-3 minutes.

This was the amazing experience we had today, about 3 hours in a crappy buggy dungeon.

The Bugfest known as TA

Posted by: DKP.4196

DKP.4196

1. Your doing it wrong.

2.Your doing it wrong. Your not supposed to attack the mobs from outside. Get inside the bubble.

3.Your doing it wrong.

4.Your still doing it wrong.

5.Its not a bug fest other than sometimes certain class cant hit the flowers.

Keep trying, or die trying. Never give up, never forgive. We will Desolate. – Desolation
Not A Message.

The Bugfest known as TA

Posted by: Sera.6539

Sera.6539

1. The circles on the ground not going away is a possible bug. But if it’s spitting that much, you may need to rework your strategy.
2. Not sure about the archers, I’ve only done a Forward path once, and I didn’t have any issues being ranged against them.
3. Don’t really remember anything special about the third boss.
4. I’m guessing this is Forward->Forward (maybe Forward→Up – but I’ve never done it). If it is, it’s supposed to spawn Veteran mobs. It doesn’t spawn them on the Up path, however, as it is a different boss strategy.
5. Ranged attacks sometimes not working is a bug.

Gelda Nebilim – Nagare [NGE] – Crystal Desert
http://youtube.com/user/Royblazer

The Bugfest known as TA

Posted by: Zenyatoo.4059

Zenyatoo.4059

sounds like forward forward as I dont recall the archers being in up or forward up (well, there are a few that have stability, but no bubble)

You have to kill the small ones first. When the boss spawns there should usually be about 1 wurm alive. Have 1 person go fight the boss while the others fight the last wurm. If there is tar everywhere in the room you have done it wrong.

I assume you’re meant to get inside the bubble. for those archers.

The boss is the guy with 3 knights yes? Try and find a way to get stability, and focus on bursting them down 1 at a time. If needed, have someone act as a sacrificial lamb, such that the knights waste their knockdown combo’s on him while the other party members do the DPS from range.

Sounds normal for a tree fight. They always have some kind of add they spawn. On up it’s mortars, on Forward up its spiders. I guess forward forward is trees.

the flower one is a bug for sure.

The Bugfest known as TA

HolyGigi.9542

Yeah, I’m not complaining about wiping or stuff like that. But for example, the archer fight, it must be a bug. Cant be like this. We actually had one guy go outside and walk his dog, I got something to eat and another was just watching a tv show. This, while the 2 others that actually could damage the archers were damaging them.

Also, for the tree fight, stealthing behind him and killing it without taking any damage or doing anything else then auto attack doesnt seem like good dungeon design.

The Bugfest known as TA

Posted by: Fay.2735

Fay.2735

You’re not doing the fights using the right tactic.

1:
Spread out and nuke the worms at the front of the room first. There is a ledge to the left and a branch on the left of the room as well. Where you can stand and dodge to hide (Just be careful to nuke down the poisonous plants). Also keep in mind that standing in front of the aoe will get you hit as well because you intercept the attacks when you do. So keep someone near the entrance of the room, someone on the ledge to the left, another all the way to the left on the branch and one can be melee on the boss.

2:
You have to go inside the bubbles where the archers are. To do this you will see a red area on the wall to the left that you can use to teleport into the bubbles. If you take note of the symbol that rotates around the room on your map. It indicates where the teleport will take you. So you have to all run into the teleport at the same time to arrive at the same archer.

3:
Stay far away from these guys, Just cripple them, slow them, use stability abilities if you get knocked down whatever you do don't go near them while you nuke them down one by one

4:
If you have a mesmer in your party they can spawn clones using a scepter it tends to distract the mesmer trees. Use aoe abilities like swords to get rid of the roots that entangle you, Kite the mobs around the room while you do damage to the big tree, no point in nuking down the small ones they will respawn.

•— Fay Everdunes | Fay Erduna | Lilyfay (Fay.2735) — Mesmer/Revenant — [NA]FA — 8k±Hrs Played —•
Have you heard of the city? The ancient uru? Where there was power to write worlds

(edited by Fay.2735)

The Bugfest known as TA

Posted by: Cisza.9540

Cisza.9540

1. Kill adds 1 by 1 – when boss spawns – finish last add, get boss to 75%, kill spawned add, nuke boss.

4. Adds are not meant to kill – they are easily kiteable, as they are slow. If you get root – branches have maybe 200hp – or even less – 1hit is more than enough to kill them.

2 and 3 was explained by Fay.

The Bugfest known as TA

Posted by: Lyuben.2613

Lyuben.2613

The archers are bugged sorry guys…

grenades don’t work there.

Vibor Bauman- Level 80 Engineer- Gandara

The Bugfest known as TA

Fay.2735

The archers are bugged sorry guys…

grenades don’t work there.

They aren’t bugged they work just fine. See my post.

•— Fay Everdunes | Fay Erduna | Lilyfay (Fay.2735) — Mesmer/Revenant — [NA]FA — 8k±Hrs Played —•
Have you heard of the city? The ancient uru? Where there was power to write worlds

The Bugfest known as TA

Posted by: DeadlyStormZ.2370

DeadlyStormZ.2370

The archer fight is not bugged. You have to get inside the force field through the portals.

The Bugfest known as TA

Posted by: DeadlyStormZ.2370

DeadlyStormZ.2370

None of each of you said is correct and they are not bugged. You are just doing it all wrong.

Rifles cannot hit blossoms because the shots are not projectile.

The Bugfest known as TA

Posted by: MrLee.6892

MrLee.6892

1. Your doing it wrong.

2.Your doing it wrong. Your not supposed to attack the mobs from outside. Get inside the bubble.

3.Your doing it wrong.

Why even type this if it doesn’t help the person at all?

The whole “You’re doing it wrong” is no help at all.

Next time maybe try and explain what they are doing.

And it’s YOU’RE not Your

The Bugfest known as TA

Posted by: Lyuben.2613

Lyuben.2613

What do you mean “see my post”

I was inside the bubble, my rifle attacks hit, by grenade attacks all did nothing.

Is that not bugged? Is it intended that I can’t use grenades inside the bubble?

Vibor Bauman- Level 80 Engineer- Gandara

The Bugfest known as TA

Posted by: Account.9832

Account.9832

1. Your doing it wrong.

You’re spelling it wrong.

- Al Zheimer

The Bugfest known as TA

Posted by: ref.8196

ref.8196

The technique is to take all 6 of the wurms down, THEN start attacking the boss, while you assign 1 person to try control the blossoms. If any adds spawn, kill them, unless the big wurm is less than 20% in which case just kill the big wurm. Keep some blossoms alive so you can rally yourself if you go in to downed.

The Bugfest known as TA

Posted by: zencow.3651

zencow.3651

Blossom control is unnecessary since the blossoms respawn in set locations thus you could just stand/dodge in/to blossom-less areas. If you happen to be standing near a blossom site as it respawns you WILL take damage since regardless, better off just getting downed and rallying off the blossom that killed you.

Quasi-elitist dungeoneer and missing Gw1 GvGs greatly.
“GW2’s PvE is almost as bad as the PvP.”

The Bugfest known as TA

Fay.2735

What do you mean “see my post”

I was inside the bubble, my rifle attacks hit, by grenade attacks all did nothing.

Is that not bugged? Is it intended that I can’t use grenades inside the bubble?

Don’t know about this one sorry maybe they are immune to some things that I’m not aware of but they can be killed otherwise.

The Bugfest known as TA

Posted by: Reacher.8379

Reacher.8379

I’m an engineer, sometimes my rifle kills blossoms. Majority of the time I can’t do any damage whatsoever. “out of range” “Obstructed”. Fix needed.

Also, DKP get back in your cave.

The Bugfest known as TA

Posted by: Zenyatoo.4059

Zenyatoo.4059

Did forward forward today

wurm was easy as always.

You can use the portals or walk through the bubbles via aegis buff. Or some skills such as arcane shield or mist form.

the knights we cheesed a little. we aggroed, backed off into the lack of poison flower area, then as soon as they de-aggroed we’d immobilize one of them and burst him down asap before the others got re-aggro’ed. Once the first knight was down we just fought them normal NP.

As for the final boss we just kited around hitting him. Roots dropped easy for me as staff ele, the burning retreat kills them without needing to retarget, as does lava font.

Harder than up and forward up. but not the hardest ive done.

The Bugfest known as TA

Posted by: miya.5160

miya.5160

There are various bugs in TA, but the things that you listed aren’t it.

The safe spot on the first boss where ranged can essentially solo the boss without being targeted. Several bosses regaining health while you fight them due to their trying to reset. The last boss’ ground target skill does not do damage. NPCs bugging out after the initial pull and letting you single pull them sometimes. The second wave of spiders not spawning in the room before the boss that turns into a spider at 25-50%.

Most dungeons have a list like this. Deal with it. Arena Net is too busy implementing the diminishing returns system to fix anything else at the moment.

The Bugfest known as TA

Posted by: DKP.4196

DKP.4196

1. Your doing it wrong.

3.Your doing it wrong.

Why even type this if it doesn’t help the person at all?

The whole “You’re doing it wrong” is no help at all.

Next time maybe try and explain what they are doing.

And it’s YOU’RE not Your

Yeah yeah, You’re. Either way, I didn’t add any tactics as it was not asked by the OP. The OP only stated that the dungeon path was bugged, I stated s/he was only doing it wrong.

I’m sure if the OP was interested in hearing what the correct method of finishing this particular path, s/he would have asked.

Edit:
I don’t give out spoilers on how to complete something unless it’s asked.

Keep trying, or die trying. Never give up, never forgive. We will Desolate. – Desolation
Not A Message.

The Bugfest known as TA

Posted by: MrLee.6892

MrLee.6892

And the OP didn’t ask to be ridiculed either….

Just sayin….

The Bugfest known as TA

Posted by: Coredusk.3156

Coredusk.3156

All those things ……. are the dungeon mechanics LOL xD

A challenge? .. err … err …. erhm …. shall I think? .. nah FORUM RANT!

The Bugfest known as TA

Posted by: Lucas Ashrock.8675

Lucas Ashrock.8675

And the OP didn’t ask to be ridiculed either….

Just sayin….

But you will agree it’s fun when someone don’t want to think maybe there is a strategy, calling a dungeon “trashy bugged” , just because used to the mindless zergfest hanging around DEs and WvW

Dungeon Master http://i.imgur.com/Hoqw3.jpg ME http://i.imgur.com/R41MGzB.jpg Fractal Guild Promoter

The Bugfest known as TA

Posted by: Sebyos.4089

Sebyos.4089

Every god kitten dungeon in this game is a bug fest…

80 Norn Necromancer Max : JC, WS, TL, AT.
100% World completion.

The Bugfest known as TA

HolyGigi.9542

Looks like a lot of people cant read my initial post. Maybe spend more time in school then in GW2?

First boss warms dont reset when he does -> bug
Blossoms cant be hit by rifles -> bug
For archers you dont have to go in the force fields to melee them, you can just stand outside and range them, without taking any damage yourself -> bug
Third boss adds dont respawn when he resets, allowing you to kill them one by one and just deal with the boss at the end, without any adds -> bug
The tree doesnt do anything if you go fwd – fwd – top. No damage, no summons, nothing. -> bug.
The tree can be soloed if you go fwd – fwd – fwd with the player not taking any damage from the adds. → bug

The Bugfest known as TA

Posted by: The Mexican Cookie.3690

The Mexican Cookie.3690

I feel like you have all your paths mixed up.

The “Up” end boss is the one which you can pretty much afk, as the bosses attacks don’t do anything. Sometimes mortars will spawn in range but those aren’t an issue.

#LoveArrows2013, never forget.

The Bugfest known as TA

Posted by: Pikafan.3792

Pikafan.3792

DKP.4196

1. Your doing it wrong.

3.Your doing it wrong.

1. It’s actually a viable strategy to burn down the boss.

2. This is probably the only thing you’ve got right here.

3. Also a viable strategy. Killing one add at a time makes this boss heaps easier.

4. Doing it right. You can either kill the phantasmal trees as they spawn, or have a single person hold aggro and kite them around. Viable strategy.

5. Projectile hitbox bug, you may not want to acknowledge it’s a bug, but it is, and it is not limited to the blossoms and can happen to any game object with an awkward hitbox.

Finally, please spell correctly and get your facts right before you criticize others like a ignorant and stuck up prick.