The Raids?

The Raids?

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: NikeEU.7690

NikeEU.7690

After all this complete and utter nonsense, I still doubt that a nomads druid would even get kicked from a group. sure, magi’s is marginally better DPS for a healing druid, but I don’t see why Nomad’s wouldn’t be acceptable. Especially in Wing 2 where there is no Toughness based tank mechanics its basically the exact same as Magi’s. I said before this smells like trollbait and it probably is.

[DnT]::Nike::
www.twitch.tv/nike_dnt

The Raids?

Posted by: Fay.2357

Fay.2357

The only WvW players you’re soloing as a pure nomad Druid are ambient mobs you’ve mistaken for players. That, or afk zerker thieves.

The Raids?

Posted by: Raizen.7981

Raizen.7981

After all this complete and utter nonsense, I still doubt that a nomads druid would even get kicked from a group. sure, magi’s is marginally better DPS for a healing druid, but I don’t see why Nomad’s wouldn’t be acceptable. Especially in Wing 2 where there is no Toughness based tank mechanics its basically the exact same as Magi’s. I said before this smells like trollbait and it probably is.

I bet this is trollbait, but still, regarding the meta, I gotta tell you this.

You still don’t know how the gw2 raiding community works. There’s the 1% that can think for themselves, and the 99% that take a build from your vids and play it without asking themselves any questions. Period. Neither you nor Dekeyz advertise nomad as viable gear for druids in your vids. So obviously, the players that are unable to think for themselves(again, mostly everyone) will not accept his build. For the players in this game raids are the scariest thing ever right after making a toon in Dark Souls 1, so obviously they don’t want anything to do with somebody that is not playing the exact builds you or metabattle advertise.

The Raids?

Posted by: Thaddeus.4891

Thaddeus.4891

I bet this is trollbait, but still, regarding the meta, I gotta tell you this.

You still don’t know how the gw2 raiding community works. There’s the 1% that can think for themselves, and the 99% that take a build from your vids and play it without asking themselves any questions. Period. Neither you nor Dekeyz advertise nomad as viable gear for druids in your vids. So obviously, the players that are unable to think for themselves(again, mostly everyone) will not accept his build. For the players in this game raids are the scariest thing ever right after making a toon in Dark Souls 1, so obviously they don’t want anything to do with somebody that is not playing the exact builds you or metabattle advertise.

Completely true. It was like that in dungeon, in fractal and it still like this in Raids. People need the see the build from a big name or on meta battle or it’s garbage for them.

Thaddeauz [xQCx]- QC GUILD

The Raids?

Posted by: Rising Dusk.2408

Rising Dusk.2408

I’ve joined pubs and killed bosses with dozens of groups who have never asked me once about my build, or even if I know what the encounter is like. It’s possible they assume I know what’s happening from my AP, but unless I join a group that specifically asks me to ping my gear, no one asks me to ping my gear. I think the only reason he might be getting singled out is if he constantly tries to do VG/Gors and is taking aggro, causing people to ask questions.

Anyway, Nike’s probably right.

[VZ] Valor Zeal – Stormbluff Isle – Looking for steady, casual-friendly NA raiders!

The Raids?

Posted by: Fay.2357

Fay.2357

I’ve joined pubs and killed bosses with dozens of groups who have never asked me once about my build, or even if I know what the encounter is like. It’s possible they assume I know what’s happening from my AP, but unless I join a group that specifically asks me to ping my gear, no one asks me to ping my gear. I think the only reason he might be getting singled out is if he constantly tries to do VG/Gors and is taking aggro, causing people to ask questions.

Anyway, Nike’s probably right.

If he’s trying raids at all, I guarantee that this is the case. If we get to VG and he starts following someone that isn’t me, I start asking questions real quick. If somebody just has a bit of toughness gear on, no big deal since I can swap for cavs trinkets. But if it ended up as someone with a full set of nomads…yeah. Not gonna fly.

The Raids?

Posted by: Tuthan.3250

Tuthan.3250

I just want to share my opinions about people who think they are skilled and experienced while wearing Nomad’s gear. With Nomad’s, the reason you can survive better because it is designed for people with slow reaction; it’s more forgiving for them when they make a mistake during an encounter (i.e. Cannot dodge out of aoe in time, do not know the mechanics, do not have awareness about what is going, ect.)

A skilled and experienced player is a player who can survive with any gear, even in rare gear. They know about the encounters well and can predict moves before it happens to them. With that being said, the best build for them is a build that give max dps output because they have no issue with survivability.

So, if you are the host for your pug raid, do you want to select people with Nomad’s gear? Or do you want to take skilled and experienced players? I hope you can find the answer.