The Ruined City of Arah

The Ruined City of Arah

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: ShinyDay.5349

ShinyDay.5349

Well today I was looking on TP for prices of legendary wepons and cost to craft them … by mistake I double clicked on The Legend so I bought it by mistake xD
Now I have to craft the bifrost, and I’m wondering about The Ruined City of Arah doungeon. It seems that’s the hardest of them all, so I’m wondering if anyone can please help me select char and build for that doungeon.
I prefer to play necromancer as reaper, but I do have all characters except mesmer and engineer.
What stats and build should I use for that doungeon?

I have never done it before and at this hour there aren’t any active players at LFG for The Ruined City of Arah.

Any advice on this doungeon?
I just need to complete it few times to get my 500 tokens for legendary crafting.

i7 4790, GTX 1070, SSD Samsung 850 EVO + HyperX Fury 480gb, Z97A Krait, 16GB 2133MHz CL10 DDR3,
Corsair RM650x, Fractal Define S (with window panel)

The Ruined City of Arah

Posted by: GrimmR.3541

GrimmR.3541

Do you want to solo it or do it as a group?
Do you have 4 other decent players or are you going with randoms?

That’s the first things I would think about before you start.
If you want to go solo I would play Warrior, Thief or Guardian. While Warrior and Guard have a lot of sustain, Thief has a ton of evades. All 3 classes are decent choices.

If you want to go with a team, I would say your safest choice is guardian.
Standard dps/reflect build.
Proper timed reflects and aegis will give your party an easy time.

If you wanna learn tactics etc. I suggest watching YT videos or joining the [Noob] guild to get everything set.

Regards

toxic since 2012

The Ruined City of Arah

Posted by: Andraus.3874

Andraus.3874

You could also just pvp that track.

The Ruined City of Arah

Posted by: Yobculture.5786

Yobculture.5786

just play elementalist or warrior and steamroll it

easy peasy

Far Shiverpeaks

The Ruined City of Arah

Posted by: Sarrs.4831

Sarrs.4831

If you’re not comfortable soloing it, sadly the best option these days, I think, is to run the PvP tracks. You need to run it 2 and a quarter times to get the tokens you need.

Nalhadia – Kaineng

The Ruined City of Arah

ShinyDay.5349

I didn’t know you could get Shard of Zhaitan from PvP … didn’t even play PvP like ever xD
Can I get more infos about playing PvP and how to obtain Shard of Zhaitan from it?

Solo that doungeon … well that sounds like suicide to me lol. So yeah I had in mind 4 other players, but they would be random from LFG.

i7 4790, GTX 1070, SSD Samsung 850 EVO + HyperX Fury 480gb, Z97A Krait, 16GB 2133MHz CL10 DDR3,

The Ruined City of Arah

Sarrs.4831

First, make sure you’ve completed Arah Story. It’s soloable nowadays as part of the Victory or Death! personal story mission.

Then you’ll want to go to your PvP panel. On the left pane of that window, you’ll see 5 options. You want to click on the chest- these are the reward tracks. You then want to activate the Ruined City of Arah reward track.

After that, just play as much PvP as you can. As you finish matches, the track will progress and you’ll get rewards along it.

Nalhadia – Kaineng

The Ruined City of Arah

ShinyDay.5349

First, make sure you’ve completed Arah Story. It’s soloable nowadays as part of the Victory or Death! personal story mission.

Then you’ll want to go to your PvP panel. On the left pane of that window, you’ll see 5 options. You want to click on the chest- these are the reward tracks. You then want to activate the Ruined City of Arah reward track.

After that, just play as much PvP as you can. As you finish matches, the track will progress and you’ll get rewards along it.

I did complete arah story … I think I did.
Enabled that reward track for it and will have to play some PvP now for the first time xD
Tried few times to get arah doungeon done today and never successfully came to the end. Usually stuck at some spiders and other player don’t know how to do it etc.
I just hope to get those 500 tokens soon

The Ruined City of Arah

Posted by: Xillllix.3485

Xillllix.3485

In all the legendaries I aquired before I left this game (because of HoT) Bifrost was the first one I made and still my favorite. It’s just the best looking weapon in the game.

If they didn’t destroy the Elementalist class into pure boringness I would have made the new HoT warhorn I guess. But then again there is no new warhorn either apparently…

The Ruined City of Arah

Posted by: Chasind.3128

Chasind.3128

People don’t do dungeons hardly anymore thanks to PvP dungeon tracks, and the dungeon nerf- I’m sure it’s an attempt to make everyone forget about dungeons so Gw2 can become the next LoL

The Ruined City of Arah

ShinyDay.5349

Well I’m confused now … on gw2 wiki it says there isn’t any cap for reward track, but I got daily cap already.
I’m playing PvP Skyhame map unranked all the time because it seems kinda okay for me, considering that my PvP rank is only 7.

The Ruined City of Arah

Posted by: Xcorpdog.2840

Xcorpdog.2840

Well I’m confused now … on gw2 wiki it says there isn’t any cap for reward track, but I got daily cap already.
I’m playing PvP Skyhame map unranked all the time because it seems kinda okay for me, considering that my PvP rank is only 7.

The amount of rewards for a track has no cap/day.
However if you hit “Play” or Hot join where you can come and go at any time you have a cap, Both Unranked and Ranked have no cap on the reward track progress per day but require queuing for so it can take some time to get into matches.

The Ruined City of Arah

Posted by: Casmurro.9046

Casmurro.9046

Try to do all the pvp dailies so you can progress the reward track faster. And after the dailies if you are just playing matches play unranked, because it gives more reward track xp than the hotjoin.
And for the dungeon, try to get a friend who knows how to run arah to carry you, arah is extremely easy with experienced players but it’s a nightmare with a newbie pug group. Just by having one person to guide the group will make everything smoother.

The Ruined City of Arah

Sarrs.4831

This is a Hotjoin limit. Every day, you can only advance ten rewards on the reward track in Hotjoin.

To progress beyond that limit, you will need to go into either Unranked or Ranked. Going into Unranked isn’t too rough and it’ll give you substantially more track progress, win or lose.

Nalhadia – Kaineng

The Ruined City of Arah

Posted by: dlonie.6547

dlonie.6547

Come to the dungeon forums for advice on running Arah, get told to PvP.

Oh GW2…what happened to you.

The Ruined City of Arah

Sarrs.4831

It sucks but it’s the reality of the situation. Nobody runs dungeons other than a few specific paths for mastery XP because the rewards are junk.

Nalhadia – Kaineng

The Ruined City of Arah

Posted by: dlonie.6547

dlonie.6547

It sucks but it’s the reality of the situation. Nobody runs dungeons other than a few specific paths for mastery XP because the rewards are junk.

Oh, we stopped running them long before the dungeon nerf That tends to happen with content that’s completely abandoned lol

It’s just sad to see this, a couple years ago folks would have been jumping at the opportunity to teach a new player the ropes and run them through Arah a few times. Back when IvanTheGrey did his weekend nub Arah teaching runs. Good times.

Oh well. Just feeling nostalgic I suppose. RIP, beloved content.