The Sickest Guild [NA] - Spirit Vale Cleared

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Dommmmmmmmmm.6984

Dommmmmmmmmm.6984

Vale Guard – http://i.imgur.com/R969orQ.jpg

Gorseval – http://i.imgur.com/fkf2fzr.jpg

Sabetha – http://i.imgur.com/07WJEeT.jpg

No “The Eternal” title unfortunately Sabetha killed one of us last second.

I’ll be around to answer any questions for a bit, but not all will get answered because I do not want to ruin the competition for the other competing guilds depending on the questions.

We spent a solid 35 or so hours grinding this out over 3 days, we’re all pretty exhausted. This was definitely challenging by all definitions. Good luck to anybody else trying.

Shameless plug – http://sickestguild.com/

Yes this is World First full clear.

Team: Dom, Nee, Winston, Snow, Lua, Aeson, Bulldoge, Gwyn, Xilicks, and Tay.

Special thanks to everyone who helped us from our other teams: Ruw, Liahm, Garm, Wiingyy, Form, Origin, Rahavan, and Gilga.

Here are our World 2nd Gorseval kill videos:

Dom – Tempest: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cVyMg1g9F5Y

Nee – Revenant: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xbx2LDSiChc

Bulldoge – Tempest: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g53PpgdgGjs

Tay – Druid: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7jMCFvf_dpU

(edited by Dommmmmmmmmm.6984)

Posted by: Stand The Wall.6987

Stand The Wall.6987

grats man, maybe sleep now eh

Team Deathmatch for PvP – Raise the AoE cap for WvW – More unique events for PvE

Posted by: Belorn.2659

Belorn.2659

What was the group composition for each boss?

Posted by: TheFrighteningFrenchFry.3275

TheFrighteningFrenchFry.3275

10 of these: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v6pnXc_Rp3k

/s

Necro>warrior confirmed ty nemesis for single handedly saving the gw2 community!!

/s

Dommmmmmmmmm.6984

10 of these: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v6pnXc_Rp3k

/s

10? A bit overkill don’t you think. Only need 1 of those bad boys.

Posted by: Nee.2073

Nee.2073

What is sleep? 8(

We’re not releasing any of our group compositions until at least five guilds have cleared the entire raid. Should definitely experiment with your own compositions and builds, you’ll benefit much more than copy pasting another’s.

Nee | The Sickest Guild [NA]

Posted by: KittyKitty.9234

KittyKitty.9234

What was the group comp and builds you guys used out of curiosity? And gear. Did you have like 9 zerker dps and a Druid or something? Thanks for any info! And congratulations.

/edit
Oh I just saw Nee’s comment. Can you atleast say how many DPS you had and if anyone was support?

Posted by: Nee.2073

Nee.2073

Nope, sorry.

Some of the fights can be done with no support, no tank, etc. It all depends on your team, what you’re good at, and how you work with each other.

Nee | The Sickest Guild [NA]

Dommmmmmmmmm.6984

You need lots of DPS for sure, that’s no secret. The enrage timers are really strict. Maximize DPS and buffs always.

(edited by Dommmmmmmmmm.6984)

Posted by: spoj.9672

spoj.9672

Nicely done. This is definitely the first content anet has produced that i feel derserves genuine congratulations when people beat it.

I wish people were available more often but what can you do! Especially since i took half the week off. x)

Posted by: KittyKitty.9234

KittyKitty.9234

You need lots of DPS for sure, that’s no secret. The enrage timers are really strict. Maximize DPS and buffs always.

Yeah I kind of figured. I play a Zealot Druid but some people want me to go Cleric but after seeing those timer’s I think it’d be better if I stayed Zealot. I was just looking for some affirmation haha. Thanks for the info guys.

Posted by: Trice.4598

Trice.4598

Yeah I kind of figured. I play a Zealot Druid but some people want me to go Cleric but after seeing those timer’s I think it’d be better if I stayed Zealot. I was just looking for some affirmation haha. Thanks for the info guys.

Yes and No, druid needs to be healing the majority of the time, you may be able to place a couple auto attack with sword or longbow but barely, while the survivability of cleric might help you stay alive because healer going down means other people going down.

I mean, that’s what worked for us, it’s always worth trying new stuff if what you have isn’t working, we switched class over and over until we were in a good consistent place.

Dommmmmmmmmm.6984

Do what you can handle, Zealot’s is more DPS without a doubt, that has been proven prob years ago, but it is more squishy against physical attacks, but not too much. I’ve tried convincing even our Druid but he is pretty set on Cleric’s. Both are definitely good though. Celestial could be good as well. Further testing required!

Posted by: saturn.4810

saturn.4810

Gz, waiting for world first pug clear now

Posted by: Testudo.4620

Testudo.4620

already happened bruh

Zhaife
Graduated top of class esports academy
#1 on fractal leaderboards

saturn.4810

already happened bruh

Full clear?

Dommmmmmmmmm.6984

already happened bruh

Full clear?

That prob won’t happen for at least a couple months. Not a legit full pug straight off the LFG at least.

Posted by: obstinate giraffe.9276

obstinate giraffe.9276

How much toughness did the tank actually need?

Posted by: GrimmR.3541

GrimmR.3541

Impressive, that’s what I expected from [NA]!

toxic since 2012

Posted by: Adjust.6903

Adjust.6903

I want to get into raiding here, I spent most of my WoW career in Method or Envy so I’m used to high end content. My issue is the comps. Currently I’m reaper and Herald and have just gotten my dragonhunter to 80 also. Are all 3 of these certain go-oers for a raid or is it comp specific? I’m also fairly curious how Druids fit into these comps as its the next class I’m looking to gear up.

Posted by: Dahkeus.8243

Dahkeus.8243

Congrats! Hope you all get some good rest.

Dommmmmmmmmm.6984

I want to get into raiding here, I spent most of my WoW career in Method or Envy so I’m used to high end content. My issue is the comps. Currently I’m reaper and Herald and have just gotten my dragonhunter to 80 also. Are all 3 of these certain go-oers for a raid or is it comp specific? I’m also fairly curious how Druids fit into these comps as its the next class I’m looking to gear up.

Herald is good, Reaper is good, Dragonhunter seems all right, and Druid is pretty much the go-to class for heals. You’ll be fine assuming you’re running the right builds.

Adjust.6903

Ah so only good and all right? Haha, fills me with doubtful joy that I’ve geared the wrong classes then. Much prefer reaper playstyle as dh and Herald can be pretty boring, I’m going to give druid a try. Anything else?
Awesome vids Tho, feel free to make more!

Dommmmmmmmmm.6984

Ah so only good and all right? Haha, fills me with doubtful joy that I’ve geared the wrong classes then. Much prefer reaper playstyle as dh and Herald can be pretty boring, I’m going to give druid a try. Anything else?
Awesome vids Tho, feel free to make more!

Reaper has potential to be great but I need to do a bit more testing with it. Druid is definitely great though, would be better if the spirits weren’t bug. I’m uploading some more vids now with even faster boss kill times including Sabetha but I’ll save that one for later

Posted by: Amineo.8951

Amineo.8951

Too much human females, that’s why I said it needs a nerf.

Posted by: Torolan.5816

Torolan.5816

So dedicated progamers took 35 hours in 3 days to clear it, that is around 11:20 hours each day. Makes me a litte lost for words for various reasons. But anyway, congratulations for the rewards of your effort anyway.

saturn.4810

So dedicated progamers took 35 hours in 3 days to clear it, that is around 11:20 hours each day. Makes me a litte lost for words for various reasons. But anyway, congratulations for the rewards of your effort anyway.

In other MMOs, pro raiders are expected to raid 18 hours per day on release

Adjust.6903

Ill keep on with reaper and dh then. I find Herald a tad boring. Gonna gear up the druid also and try it out.

35 hours is quite short tbh. Back in wow we would spend 10hours a day in beta farming bosses then do 12-14 hour days to try and clear it all. Think back in tbc we went for 15 hours in a sitting..

Posted by: Laraley.7695

Laraley.7695

Do what you can handle, Zealot’s is more DPS without a doubt, that has been proven prob years ago, but it is more squishy against physical attacks, but not too much. I’ve tried convincing even our Druid but he is pretty set on Cleric’s. Both are definitely good though. Celestial could be good as well. Further testing required!

I wouldn’t use Cleric unless you’re also tanking. If you’re not, then you’re forcing the tank to bring more toughness and therefore less dps. I ran Magi on my druid with almost no toughness and we cleared the first boss with nearly two minutes left. While Zealot definitely adds more dps, you won’t have that much time to do it.

Posted by: DresdenAllblack.1249

DresdenAllblack.1249

In the real world if you set aside a half a day for raids you get fired, divorced, drop out, or all three.

Angelina is free game again.
Crystal Desert

Adjust.6903

When we first started raiding ICC in WoW we had 31 people book an entire week off work. We logged on at 8am and would log off at 2am.

Posted by: Lunar Sunset.8742

Lunar Sunset.8742

“What’s sleep?” more like “What’s a job?”

Sunset
50/50 GWAMM x3
I quit how I want

Posted by: Trice.4598

Trice.4598

I wish I could have skipped work rather than sleep.

Posted by: Lunar Sunset.8742

Lunar Sunset.8742

I wish I could have skipped work rather than sleep.

That’s what a lot of unemployed people would say as well.

Sunset
50/50 GWAMM x3
I quit how I want

Posted by: spoj.9672

spoj.9672

In the real world if you set aside a half a day for raids you get fired, divorced, drop out, or all three.

Bit overdramatic and overexaggerated dont you think?

Posted by: Werdx.2059

Werdx.2059

You are not firs nor last WoW player here,and no one care about WoW experience,because this is completely different game.It may be mmo,but its nothing like cartoon looking game,made for 2.5 years old kids,who brag 24/7 im better player than you.

Posted by: Nokaru.7831

Nokaru.7831

You are not firs nor last WoW player here,and no one care about WoW experience,because this is completely different game.It may be mmo,but its nothing like cartoon looking game,made for 2.5 years old kids,who brag 24/7 im better player than you.

Is World of Warcraft your trigger word or something? He didn’t say anything to provoke the angry stream of consciousness that you vomited onto your keyboard.