The death of CoF farming in 1 week

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Shadowmoon.7986

Shadowmoon.7986

And it has been 6 months too late. Hopefully the low end rewards apply to cof 1 2 and all of coe.

Posted by: Emanuel.9781

Emanuel.9781

You know, CoE is still ridiculously hard for non “optimized”(i use this word carefully) groups, do you?
Whenever i pug, which is almost all the time, it’s usually just me and sometimes another guy alive at CoE and the run ends up taking a long time.
Though i kind of agree with you. Whenever i do this dungeon with a group of (full berserker geared)friends, it feels like the easiest dungeon in the game.

Let’s just hope Arena-Net doesn’t kitten up the new reward systems. Especially for (high level) Fractals.

Rezardi [DnT] – Elite Playhowiwanter US
NemesisMMNecro [rT] – Trans-Transsylvanian RPer EU

Posted by: LordByron.8369

LordByron.8369

and then the game dies because flippers have thousands golds…..and because normal players (even non war/mez/guards) are unable to get gold.

P.S: fotm may give you 30 silvers for a 1,5 hours lvl 48 run…how worse can it be?

GW2 balance:
A PvE player is supposed to avoid a 1-2 second 1 shotting aoe.
A WWW player is considered uncapable of avoiding a 5,75 second aoe for half his health.

Posted by: Kimhyuna.1035

Kimhyuna.1035

Will the end-dungeon reward be account based or character based though. This could stuff with people who have multiple alts.

Minion

Posted by: Broadicea.8294

Broadicea.8294

This change came down much quicker than I thought it would, and 3 gold is triple what I figured the max reward would be. I’m still really curious how they’ll rank the dungeons, since organized groups can coast through stuff that gives pugs a lot of trouble. But still, even with just a gold, it’ll be worth running the easy paths once a day.

Retired. Too many casuals.

Posted by: Mad Rasputin.7809

Mad Rasputin.7809

Will be able to make 4 gold for the first hour easy. Lots of easy, quick paths out there.

Just wonder if this is per account or per character.

Posted by: Farming Flats.5370

Farming Flats.5370

Will be able to make 4 gold for the first hour easy. Lots of easy, quick paths out there.

Just wonder if this is per account or per character.

‘’ Each day when you finish a unique path for any explorable or story dungeon, you’ll receive a bonus reward for completion ’’

‘’ Each day ’’ looks like per Account to me

Posted by: Mad Rasputin.7809

Mad Rasputin.7809

I kind of understand if it is account bound, but that is sad. Currently you can run a path with all your ALTs for max rewards at least once a day.

Posted by: Nike Porphyrogenita.8137

Nike Porphyrogenita.8137

Can’t wait. doing the fastest path of each dungeon is much more fun than doing the same dungeon over and over.

Time for the super ereet cof farmers to re-watch some of Strife’s videos so they can learn some other dungeons.

Let the QQ begin.

Death and Taxes [DnT]
http://www.twitch.tv/nike_dnt
DnT is Recruiting – http://www.dtguilds.com/

Posted by: AndrewSX.3794

AndrewSX.3794

Don’t know if i am more on the “don’t care” or “about time” side.

Anyway:

Can’t wait. doing the fastest path of each dungeon is much more fun than doing the same dungeon over and over.

+1.

Seafarer’s Rest EU – PvE/WvW – 8 × 80 chars.
Most used: Guard/Mes/War/Nec/Ele.
Yes, i use 5 chars at time. Because REASONS.

LordByron.8369

Just a little thing that GW2 players seems not to understand:

Its not that now you can t get rewards by playing different things.

Seems people have to be told what to do to enjoy and have things they don t enjoy to be removed from Others.

This is getting us LESS freedom, without adding anything probably.

How much do you bet that overall gold rewards will be lower for ANY profession? (excluding market flippers)

How much do you bet speedrunners wars will just change pattern and still get huge advantage over Others?
—————————————

Saw new data.

1-3 G guaranteed per run seems balanced ._.

Unless they nerf dungeons to be longer.

I bet they will add dredges to every dungeon

GW2 balance:
A WWW player is considered uncapable of avoiding a 5,75 second aoe for half his health.

(edited by LordByron.8369)

Posted by: Yenn.9185

Yenn.9185

It’s about time, and it came quicker than I expected; a good surprise. Now my problem is finding people I can speed run with.

Posted by: Dub.1273

Dub.1273

We want dredges!
Wait, do we?

@OP: I mostlikely won’t even notice it :/

Dub | [rT]
#LoveArrows2013, never forget.

Posted by: Shiren.9532

Shiren.9532

Will the end-dungeon reward be account based or character based though. This could stuff with people who have multiple alts.

If you have multiple ults you may as well uninstall now. ArenaNet has been systematically waging war against alts with almost every single patch since launch.

LordByron.8369

why?
will token rewards change?

I think its fair that the advantage of alts is choosing the best for each situation..

I m more concerned with new ascended stuff for alts than reward system.

But if they nerf tokens for alts then getting dungeon skins will be hard.

GW2 balance:

Posted by: Singer.8740

Singer.8740

I am sad…..because I levelled a warrior just for cof geared him up in full exotics and an ascended amulet with a gilded infusion……

BUT I GOT MY PRECURSOR YESTERDAY!!!
my mains an engineer and quite frankly I am looking forward to getting my warrior into other dungeons and even now doing dungeons on my engineer or necro or thief.

All I can say to you guys who didn’t quite reach your money goals or used this for your main source of income is you’ve got to see the silver lining. Now you get to leave those claustrophobic flame legion halls into the daylight and go break all the other dungeons in the game. ANet knows not what forces they have unleashed unto the world XD.

Etheeria (The mad bomber). If you don’t have shellshock your not doing it right.

Posted by: Shiren.9532

Shiren.9532

Can you imagine if the dungeon reward buff came without the wallet? People would be building stacks of random dungeon tokens and running out of space at a dramatic rate.

Posted by: Bambu.4270

Bambu.4270

Hallelujah!

and something for 15 characters.

That’s progress. Hooray for progress!

Posted by: thefantasticg.3984

thefantasticg.3984

Yeah, will be account bound. And Any dungeon is easy once you learn mechanics. The rich will get richer. If you can’t see that you are blind or being willfully ig’nant.

RNG is a bell curve. Better hope you’re on the right side.

Posted by: Blix.8021

Blix.8021

All the bad players that only do cof are about to spill out into the other dungeons

Posted by: The Mexican Cookie.3690

The Mexican Cookie.3690

I hope they all go to CoE, crash the lodestone prices

Posted by: Blix.8021

Blix.8021

I don’t think they can handle coe, you have to actually dodge things in coe

Posted by: champ.7021

champ.7021

this would certainly be nice

Posted by: haviz.1340

haviz.1340

Yep, arah has only pitiful piles.

Posted by: Kain Francois.4328

Kain Francois.4328

The “Per day” thing really isn’t more time-gated, daily BS.

Posted by: DargorV.8571

DargorV.8571

Because dailies are fun, original and new

Remember when they said GW2 was gonna change the mmo world? xD

Posted by: moiraine.2753

moiraine.2753

To the OP,it was just on time if you ask me.The farmers may start doing other dungeons now.

TxS – Tequatl Slayer Alliance (EU)

Posted by: Necros Stalker.2713

Necros Stalker.2713

At-least Anet is giving everyone time to farm it one last time for those who want to. They could have done what they had done to previous farms like lyssa and the skalks and nuked it by stealth. I for one am glad I have some time to run it before its nerfed. Which I think Im gonna go do 15 times this week

Overall tho I’m actually quite happy with where Anet is taking the game with champ rewards and dungeon rewards. I now have more of incentive to run dungeons for something other then tokens (money and champ drops) and champ rewards will open up new money making areas and hopefully bring life back to place’s that have been empty for awhile. Think temple runs in Orr or the ulgoth chain in the hinterlands where one can bump into 7 or 8 champs at a time. I think with these done the only thing that needs to be improved dungeon wise now is to stop dungeons closing down if the party leader leaves. Do that and I think a lot of people will be happy

Posted by: zeromius.1604

zeromius.1604

All the bad players that only do cof are about to spill out into the other dungeons

No, they’ll just stop running dungeons completely and whine about it on the forums.

Posted by: FourthVariety.5463

FourthVariety.5463

I find your lack of belief that this will backfire spectacularly quite disturbing.

Posted by: Yenn.9185

Yenn.9185

No, they’ll just stop running dungeons completely and whine about it on the forums.

This. CoF P1 farmers are just that, farmers. If running variety of dungeon paths doesn’t yield profit, they’ll just go somewhere else.

Posted by: Isaac.6041

Isaac.6041

Whatever. It got old anyway.

LordByron.8369

So much people happy to see that the low skilled warriors will be angry next week .

I can only be sad for them when they will notice that a zerker warrior used by a monkey is gold even in fotm 48 and arah.

(obviously a skilled warrior is even better but not by much…the class has a really low skill ceiling and floor in PvE ====> imho).

GW2 balance:

Posted by: Dub.1273

Dub.1273

Not much lower than any other profession’s.

Dub | [rT]

Broadicea.8294

yeah when I play my warrior all I do is press 2 and every time I win. every time. a dusk drops and I gain eleventy billion xp cause I pressed 2.

Posted by: SkyChef.5432

SkyChef.5432

yeah when I play my warrior all I do is press 2 and every time I win. every time. a dusk drops and I gain eleventy billion xp cause I pressed 2.

You’re talking about me? A pretty blonde warrior doesn’t know where to put a banner? And what is 2 by the way? Oh yeah. I got Dusk too. Jealous much?
<Rub more salts into the wound… Evil laugh>

People are too serious of their knowledge.

(edited by SkyChef.5432)

Broadicea.8294

You’re talking about me? A pretty blonde warrior doesn’t know where to put a banner? And what is 2 by the way? Oh yeah. I got Dusk too. Jealous much?

See look how biased the game is for warriors! All you have to do is login on warrior and precursors drop like rain!

Posted by: Winds.3087

Winds.3087

That’s actually disturbing. I run with 2 warriors and they get all loot while we get tiny fractions of that. For example, where warriors get 1 exotic, handful of lodestones and 7-8 rares, non-warrior party members get 4-5 rares on the lucky day.

Posted by: spoj.9672

spoj.9672

That’s actually disturbing. I run with 2 warriors and they get all loot while we get tiny fractions of that. For example, where warriors get 1 exotic, handful of lodestones and 7-8 rares, non-warrior party members get 4-5 rares on the lucky day.

Meh I was playing scumbag low dps mesmer in coe yesterday and getting all the cores and lodestones.

Posted by: Dolan.3071

Dolan.3071

The Citadel is collapsing!
People of the world!
Hide your women and children!
Form groups and get into guilds while you still can!
Within the first two weeks of this update I advise all guilds to shut their gates to the public!
I repeat!
Remove gw2lfg.com from your favourites!
You can’t stop the spread of filth that’s about to splurge into other dungeons, you can only reduce the casualties!
GOOD LUCK EVERYONE!
HOLD ON FOR DEAR LIFE!
THE CITADEL IS COLLAPSING!

Uriel Asther ~ Warrior | Kaya Lereau ~ Elementalist | Natalie Fox ~ Thief
Skye Eterna ~ Mesmer | Arya Slade ~ Charrdian | Kiera Thine ~ Ranger
Oceanic ~ [LOD] [Noob]

Posted by: Nikaido.3457

Nikaido.3457

and all of coe.

Someone wants to find a place for the magic find necro.

- “No tears, please. It’s a waste of good suffering.”

Posted by: zeromius.1604

zeromius.1604

People of the world!
Hide your women and children!
Form groups and get into guilds while you still can!
Within the first two weeks of this update I advise all guilds to shut their gates to the public!
I repeat!
Remove gw2lfg.com from your favourites!
You can’t stop the spread of filth that’s about to splurge into other dungeons, you can only reduce the casualties!
GOOD LUCK EVERYONE!
HOLD ON FOR DEAR LIFE!
THE CITADEL IS COLLAPSING!

Oh snap.

True CoF farmers aren’t really dungeon runners so it’s unlikely they’ll splurge into other dungeons. Once they find themselves constantly wiping in CoE 1, 2, and 3 they’ll just give up and either quit the game or look for that fabled farming spot. I’m not defending them by any means but it’s a pretty sad situation no matter what goes down. We tend to look down on farmers in game and in real life. You know, people that grow crops and such. We never think about getting them help though even though we know they need it. I mean the emotional kind; in their current mental state it’s hard to tell what they’ll actually do.