The dredge fractal

The dredge fractal

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Shadow Order.7258

Shadow Order.7258

Is too kitten long! You know it’s not a tough place but I have better kitten to do then listen to dredge squeek as I am forced to farm them for 45 minutes. Whenever it pops up, even if it is the 3rd fractal, I leave group. Am I a bad person?

The dredge fractal

Posted by: DeathPanel.8362

DeathPanel.8362

Is too kitten long! You know it’s not a tough place but I have better kitten to do then listen to dredge squeek as I am forced to farm them for 45 minutes. Whenever it pops up, even if it is the 3rd fractal, I leave group. Am I a bad person?

Yeah you’re bad if you leave just because you got Drege.

The dredge fractal

Posted by: Kirbyprime.2645

Kirbyprime.2645

Fun fact, at 48, the part where you farm dredge trash and that Champion takes roughly 22 minutes if you do the pull trash to gate way.

The dredge fractal

Posted by: Strifey.7215

Strifey.7215

Fun fact, at 48, the part where you farm dredge trash and that Champion takes roughly 22 minutes if you do the pull trash to gate way.

That’s very inefficient, it takes us <10 minutes at 48.

We pull the boss + first pack to the back of the room, that way you can kill the boss quickly with no more adds other then the first pack.

Then after the boss is dead you just stand and melee cleave all the dredge that keep spawning.

Guard/War/Mesmer and Dungeon Guides:
https://www.youtube.com/user/strife025

The dredge fractal

Posted by: DanH.5879

DanH.5879

i also think it is too kitten long.
why all fractals can’t be more like swamp ?

The dredge fractal

Posted by: DeathPanel.8362

DeathPanel.8362

That way don’t work very well.

You can easily pull the boss to the back pipes area and kill him solo then just simply spam kill the dredge trash mobs at their spawn point.

The dredge fractal

Posted by: Kirbyprime.2645

Kirbyprime.2645

True, it’s the most inefficient way. I know of better ways, all better, >_> some might be classified as an exploit if people had their way… regardless, yes, the trash to gate way is 22min.

The dredge fractal

Posted by: rozcinana.7249

rozcinana.7249

Someone did that to my pug group the other day. We had a good laugh about it. It’s not that bad.

Ow ow ow ow! My dredge impression.

The dredge fractal

Posted by: TheAngryLuddite.1834

TheAngryLuddite.1834

Honestly, I’d prefer the dredge fractal over cliffside, even with spy kits losing their usefulness. I am so incredibly sick of cliffside.

That said, the dredge is indeed a darn long fractal – but it’s about ~1g at least guaranteed, thanks to the dredge bag drops.

The dredge fractal

Posted by: noobftw.9654

noobftw.9654

That’s very inefficient, it takes us <10 minutes at 48.

We pull the boss + first pack to the back of the room, that way you can kill the boss quickly with no more adds other then the first pack.

Then after the boss is dead you just stand and melee cleave all the dredge that keep spawning.

Shhhh, that might be considered a exploit and will be fixed next patch before everything else.

The dredge fractal

Posted by: zerotwo.4731

zerotwo.4731

ppl shouldn’t even enter fractals with pugs if they don’t plan on being online for longer then 1 hour. It’s no guarantee that the pugs will know what to do or if they will rage quit like the OP does. I understand, you can do what you want and your easily replaced, however, opting out of doing dredge is like throwing away gold. I always get something valuable from this fractal. Having to kill more adds …….plz, bring it on!

The dredge fractal

Posted by: Red Falcon.8257

Red Falcon.8257

Dredge is actually pretty fast, most PuGs just dont know how to play it.

Get into button room, all team clears it quick, one goes with stealth/kit on the panel.
If bombs make 2 team bomb runs / if door have 3 stealth-destroy it or 3 shoot and 2 pull mobs off.
Pull trash in corner continuously while team spikes it.
Plow through the russian dredge’s healthbar in a minute.
Rush to last boss, if it lasts more than a couple minutes the team is terrible.

Pretty fast considering it’s the most rewarding fractal (1g from just bags).

The dredge fractal

Posted by: noobftw.9654

noobftw.9654

Dredge is actually pretty fast, most PuGs just dont know how to play it.

Get into button room, all team clears it quick, one goes with stealth/kit on the panel.
If bombs make 2 team bomb runs / if door have 3 stealth-destroy it or 3 shoot and 2 pull mobs off.
Pull trash in corner continuously while team spikes it.
Plow through the russian dredge’s healthbar in a minute.
Rush to last boss, if it lasts more than a couple minutes the team is terrible.

Pretty fast considering it’s the most rewarding fractal (1g from just bags).

Maybe you haven’t done it in high levels say 40+. It’s just plain pointless. Any ppl with a sense of time would feel asleep doing it. Not that its challenging nor rewarding (trash bag?), it’s the textbook definition of grinding, in the most ugly form. Lets admit dredge are not pretty.

The dredge fractal

Posted by: TheAngryLuddite.1834

TheAngryLuddite.1834

Kit has been nerfed in the last patch, and is no longer a valid strategy. If you have a thief, they should still be able to pull this off.

If you don’t, you’ve gotta clear mobs, and kite the remaining ones away from the door guy. Those on the buttons are usually a sacrifice to the dredge gods, and should stay dead on the buttons until the others have gotten the door open.

The dredge fractal

Posted by: achensherd.2735

achensherd.2735

The dredge boss in that fractal doesn’t bother me, the rampaging ice elemental that you have to keep stunning to keep from healing bothers me, mostly because up to now I’ve been in maybe one party that was cohesive enough to melt him down in relatively short order. Other times… (sigh). One time we had a guy apparently go renegade on the rest of us, randomly pulling the ice elemental everywhere except under the molten buckets (unintentionally, it turned out, as he didn’t know what we were doing and wasn’t reading our cries for him to stop), and another time we had a near-shouting match with a guy that kept calling us noobs, claiming there’s no way to stun the ice elemental.

-_-

If Dredge was the 3rd fractal and someone leaves “just because”, I’d be cursing that person’s name repeatedly and creatively for the next hour or so, or however long it takes the rest of us to finish the fractal.

The dredge fractal

Posted by: Markcub.9741

Markcub.9741

Hi guys,

I would like some advice for the bomb door in the dredge fractal.

My group is normally made up of a guardian, warrior, two mesmers and an elementalist.

We’ve tried running up, dropping bombs, defending as long as we can, then we die. Between 3 and 4 runs to get it done this way. Seems bad that the tactic is to die.

The second way is to try and fight our way up and keep the mobs under control as we feed bombs to the door. Very hard :-)

Is it just the nature of the fight to die? Seems nasty design.

We don’t have issues with anything else. Pads, boss fights, shoot-the-door, all fine. All other fractals fine. Maybe I just don’t like having to die :-)

Any hints would be very much appreciated.

Cheers,
Mark.

The dredge fractal

Posted by: lcpdragonslayer.7895

lcpdragonslayer.7895

Eh, most people just plant the bombs and run. It’s not the best tactic to plant and die. The warrior can use skills like endure pain and fear me to get out quick, the guardian probably retreat, stand your ground, save yourselves, mesmers can just teleport out and elementalist can tune to air for speed boost.

It’ll take 2 or 3 runs still depending on how many bombs you get. But there’s no need to defend anything. Just run.

The dredge fractal

Posted by: Parae.3479

Parae.3479

I agree that this fractal is too long. It’s poorly designed as well. This fractal is not fun and has pretty much ruined this dungeon for me.

Not only does every group I have insist on doing the “shortcut” where you jump into the first caged room (that has taken longer than it would have to do it normally 9/10 times), but every single group does the “long way” of killing the boss with dredge adds as well.

I’d appreciate if this fractal could be pulled out of the rotation until it is fixed.

@the OP, I don’t think you’re a bad person for leaving at this point. I’ve wasted (as in not gotten to the end of the dungeon for various reasons that were no fault of my own and pretty much directly linked to this time sink of a fractal) over three hours worth of time in this (the dredge) fractal over the past two days alone. Again, it’s not fun, it’s frustrating and at its best puts people that run it to sleep.

The dredge fractal

Posted by: Markcub.9741

Markcub.9741

Eh, most people just plant the bombs and run. It’s not the best tactic to plant and die. The warrior can use skills like endure pain and fear me to get out quick, the guardian probably retreat, stand your ground, save yourselves, mesmers can just teleport out and elementalist can tune to air for speed boost.

It’ll take 2 or 3 runs still depending on how many bombs you get. But there’s no need to defend anything. Just run.

We used to do what you say (run away!), but more and more of the time the dredge were picking up the bombs and they wouldn’t go off. That’s when we started to defend.

Maybe we were just very unlucky. Very. I mean it happened 5 or 6 times. Not a single bomb went off.

We’ll try the plant and run method again.

Cheers,
Mark.

The dredge fractal

Posted by: Sir Vincent III.1286

Sir Vincent III.1286

Honestly, I’d prefer the dredge fractal over cliffside, even with spy kits losing their usefulness. I am so incredibly sick of cliffside.

That said, the dredge is indeed a darn long fractal – but it’s about ~1g at least guaranteed, thanks to the dredge bag drops.

I hate cliffside too and we got both cliff and dredge last night :/

Two and a half hours long… >.<’

http://sirvincentiii.com ~ In the beginning…there was Tarnished Coast…
Full set of 5 unique skills for both dual-wield weapon sets: P/P and D/D – Make it happen
PvE – DD/CS/AC – If that didn’t work, roll a Reaper or Revenant.