The dungeons are still terrible

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: TKiller.6829

TKiller.6829

I’m not exactly sure what you mean with “unique interacting skills”.

Forced usage of what’s given to you by the puzzle rather than what’s your class armed with. Underwater fractal, guild rushes, etc.

We’re nearly completely bipolar so there’s little to discuss. I got your point, you probably got mine, I find mine superior and not really going to change my mind. Both of them have no impact on future developments of Guild Wars 2 so I’ll stop here.

This thread title should be changed to ‘the forums are still terrible’

What are you talking about they’re great. Remove the filter and they’re amazing. I need this pointless chatter in my life.

Defeated by packet loss.

Posted by: J Eberle.9312

J Eberle.9312

This thread title should be changed to ‘the forums are still terrible’

What are you talking about they’re great. Remove the filter and they’re amazing. I need this pointless chatter in my life.

The filter seriously needs to go kitten itself.

Posted by: Mad Queen Malafide.7512

Mad Queen Malafide.7512

Forced usage of what’s given to you by the puzzle rather than what’s your class armed with. Underwater fractal, guild rushes, etc.

Ah yes, those are the typical things that alter your skill bar. I’m not a fan of those either. That’s why I tend to dislike bundle items as well, or those Zepherite crystals. Basically anything that takes away my usual skill bar, in favor of a gimmick.

When I think of a puzzle, I think of a challenge that doesn’t involve things changing your skill bar. There was a puzzle in GW1, where the players had to answer riddles about the Gods, or enemies would spawn. That one I liked, because it demanded a bit of lore knowledge of the player.

http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Dasha_Vestibule#Trial_of_Divinity

The problem with any riddle of course, is that you can simply wiki/Google the answer. So I prefer puzzles that just involve a combination of simple mechanisms.

“Madness is just another way to view reality”
(https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D-On3Ya0_4Y)

(edited by Mad Queen Malafide.7512)

Posted by: Miku Lawrence.6329

Miku Lawrence.6329

The dungeons are fine. We just need new ones.

However many of the current dungeons could be improved drastically if they followed the same design as AC story mode. Open map and choice of which objective to clear in whatever order. You could also combine paths by making dungeons like this.

Ow, something like “Path123” where the 3 explorables are active at the same time?

Yeah pretty much. You would get rewards based on the bosses and objectives you clear. If you have limited time you can just clear the most rewarding objectives and leave. Or you can split and do them all. Its basically like UW, FoW. Gives a lot more freedom to the players.

Only in our wet dreams.

Snow Crows [SC]

Posted by: Jerus.4350

Jerus.4350

Don’t we have some of that platforming stuff in COE defense grid, Harpy Fractal, and Cliffside fractal?

Personally I agree, I find that stuff pretty fun.

I know there are also some cool places you can get to in dungeons. I love the turkey room in AC, that’s hilarious. Also behind Collosus Rumbles there is a big back area with some hidden floors and what not. It’d be great if that was put to use. Give me some optional bonus areas past puzzles, that’d be my ideal way of having them added in.

And again, I very much agree with everything spoj has said in this thread.