Puandro.3245

You mean CoF 1 Meta.

GW2 Videos WvW Ele/Thief/Mesmer/Ranger/Warrior PvP Videos
Jade Quarry – Team Savvy – #1 NA WvW Solo Guild

The new PvE Meta

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Bukkebruse.2810

Bukkebruse.2810

Not really a problem you encounter unless you solely PUG all your dungeons.

The new PvE Meta

Posted by: Jzl.8715

Jzl.8715

the only people doing that are farming group, most people aren’t interested in farming endlessly anyway, and the token groups most of them don’t care about the class composition. So it’s the classical situation of you play the game you want to play and others play the game they want to play, what is the issue here again?

[PLUM] – SOR

The new PvE Meta

Posted by: Wasabi Kitty.8247

Wasabi Kitty.8247

Apparently 1 path of 1 dungeon = all of PvE

Anet make Rev great again.

The new PvE Meta

Posted by: LordByron.8369

LordByron.8369

fotm meta 2 guardians 3 warriors…

Also for cof1 better:
1 mesmer
1 necro
3 warriors

way faster…..

AC meta:
5 warriors

that is why most of us PvE players are concerned by statements saying “AoE in dungeon are too powerful” it seems they don t look at their data in the right way.

GW2 balance:
A PvE player is supposed to avoid a 1-2 second 1 shotting aoe.
A WWW player is considered uncapable of avoiding a 5,75 second aoe for half his health.

The new PvE Meta

Posted by: Writetyper.1985

Writetyper.1985

CoF 1 doesn’t count, it’s trivially easy and needs a buff. Nothing fights back, everything is a damage sponge, so there’s no reason not to have 4 zerkers warriors

Mortryde/Cold/Thugmentalist Bara
really bad engineer

The new PvE Meta

Posted by: Iehova.9518

Iehova.9518

it’s trivially easy

Yes.

and needs a buff.

No.

The new PvE Meta

Writetyper.1985

it’s trivially easy

Yes.

and needs a buff.

No.

But then we’ll keep seeing this kitten.

really bad engineer

The new PvE Meta

Posted by: lOKI.8152

lOKI.8152

preparesfortheflames Hate how people call for at least one warrior or guardian in every dungeon i did or lfg i read.

Lvl 80s: Thief, Necro, Engi, Ele, Mesmer, Ranger

“War does not determine who is right – only who is left.”

The new PvE Meta

Iehova.9518

You’re gonna have to be more specific. Groups of ‘elitist’ bads pulling this kitten or kittening about this kitten?

Hate how people call for at least one warrior or guardian in every dungeon i did or lfg i read.

To be fair, warriors have the best DPS and guardians have best support, so it’s no wonder really. It’s more of a class balance disaster.

The new PvE Meta

lOKI.8152

And i thought i was the only one thinking guards and warrs are a bit too well-performing in pve and pvp. Nice to hear. I agree that class balance is really bad especially when it comes to roles in dungeons. On the other hand people are usually making up for it by performing quite horrible on these classes. In the hands of a decently skilled player though…

The new PvE Meta

Writetyper.1985

You’re gonna have to be more specific. Groups of ‘elitist’ bads pulling this kitten or kittening about this kitten?

Pulling this cof 1 farming. Why aren’t we rewarding skill rather than patience? Right now you get the same amount of dosh from a 8 minute CoF 1 run than a 2 hour Arah P4 run. That’s stupid.

really bad engineer

The new PvE Meta

lOKI.8152

@Writetyper: Stop mentioning that. Its exactly what i have been thinking over and over again and the only real counter-argument would be that Arah gear is the most awesome-looking gear and worth every hour you spend in there. Which it isnt imo. Funny thing. I am actually doing Arah cause i am bored with WvW atm and too lazy to level my ranger. Yes we need better rewards for that. /endorsed

The new PvE Meta

Posted by: Wolfgang Michael.8217

Wolfgang Michael.8217

CoF Path 1 is by far the easiest path in any Dungeons. My personal best with a group [3War. 2 Mesmers] is 7 Minutes 10 Seconds. I have tried several times to run it with other classes but the time taken is mind numbing. The fastest I have done with a random pug was 14 Minutes. Twice as slow as a farming group.

Yes, this path will most certainly be buffed after the 28th update so farm away as soon as possible. I myself have farmed/ farming this path more than any person who is playing guild wars 2 in the last 3 days. If anyone wants to say that he/she has farmed more than me in the last 3 days please do and I will prove you wrong.

The reason I have not worked on any alts, WvW or even mined the Rich ori ore is because my account has been bugged to receive 20 Tokens and 26 Silver at each run. AT EACH RUN. The reward never dips below that. I have collected over 500 Bags of coin over the last 3 days and each run I get a guaranteed 26 silver from the end reward.

Now for a person in my situation will want to do it fast as possible. The best group is 2 Mes and 3 war. However, it’s for ppl like me, who farm. Is it wrong to want to spend less time in a single path? Is it too much to ask?

The new PvE Meta

Iehova.9518

Pulling this cof 1 farming.

Nothing wrong with that in general. Gotta get that dosh somehow and some people (myself included) don’t want to play Trading Post Wars 2.

Why aren’t we rewarding skill rather than patience?

Good question. I hereby summon Rob to answer that one.
But we all knowkitten's gonna get nerfed instead, cause no dosh allowed.

Right now you get the same amount of dosh from a 8 minute CoF 1 run than a 2 hour Arah P4 run. That’s stupid.

Indeed, but the problem lies in Arah4, not CoF1. In fact, if Arah gave 150% tokens and dosh over CoF, it’d be worth its while for dosh-making purposes.

I have tried several times to run it with other classes but the time taken is mind numbing.

I ran 2 warriors, guardian, thief and mesmer in 8 minutes (without blink/portals on balls of death) and my 3warrior2guardian static makes it in 7.5-8 minutes as well. You just had some bads there.

(edited by Iehova.9518)

The new PvE Meta

Posted by: Strifey.7215

Strifey.7215

Guard/War/Mesmer and Dungeon Guides:
https://www.youtube.com/user/strife025

The new PvE Meta

Posted by: Gab Superstar.4059

Gab Superstar.4059

For CoF1 maybe. There is a lot more out there than CoF1.

In fact there are 24 dungeon paths out there that are distinctly NOT CoF1.

Very Good Detectives [VGD]
Devonas Rest 4 lyfe

The new PvE Meta

Posted by: DancingPenguins.9875

DancingPenguins.9875

For CoF1 maybe. There is a lot more out there than CoF1.

In fact there are 24 dungeon paths out there that are distinctly NOT CoF1.

The thing is, not everyone is capable of clearing things that are NOT CoF 1.