The new Swamp [Merged]

The new Swamp [Merged]

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Vinceman.4572

Vinceman.4572

Are we seeing more threads from you the next hours? While having a look into your posting history I can only discover complaints and not a single friendly word from you plus you are claiming that the majority of the playerbase wants changes. I personally think you are alone with this point of view or only with a few guys on your side because nowhere else than in your threads I can see such objections towards the game.

Took me 3 runs of the dungeon to get the bug.

The new Swamp [Merged]

Posted by: dragon.8071

dragon.8071

Are we seeing more threads from you the next hours? While having a look into your posting history I can only discover complaints and not a single friendly word from you plus you are claiming that the majority of the playerbase wants changes. I personally think you are alone with this point of view or only with a few guys on your side because nowhere else than in your threads I can see such objections towards the game.

Most people just rage in game. They don’t bother with forums.

Zerg Doors [ZD]

“Recent Graduate of Maguuma University with a degree in Forums Politics”

The new Swamp [Merged]

Posted by: KickzNGigglez.4958

KickzNGigglez.4958

Most angry people rage everywhere they can. Most people enjoying the game are probably playing it.

The new Swamp [Merged]

dragon.8071

Most angry people rage everywhere they can. Most people enjoying the game are probably playing it.

You can only do dailies once per account. It is a repitive chore after you have done it a few times already.

Zerg Doors [ZD]

The new Swamp [Merged]

Posted by: fishball.7204

fishball.7204

As Anet dev once said, GIT GUD.

FOR THE GREEEEEEEEEEEEN

The new Swamp [Merged]

Posted by: domness.6719

domness.6719

Pugged it yesterday, highest tier, killed it 1st go. It’s definitely not too hard, some players are just incredibly bad and need to improve rather than complain. Git good.

[OP] Optimise

The new Swamp [Merged]

Vinceman.4572

You can only do dailies once per account. It is a repitive chore after you have done it a few times already.

If you see fractals as a “repetitive chore” it’s maybe a sign to move on but on the other hand I’m more convinced that T4-fractals are too easy for the rewards so everyone could do them.
They were never meant to be that easy, so the complaining crowd should adapt or go back to Tier 3 – It seems that the brainafk times are over in this part of the game which I highly support!

(edited by Vinceman.4572)

The new Swamp [Merged]

dragon.8071

If you see fractals as a “repetitive chore” it’s maybe a sign to move on but on the other hand I’m more convinced that T4-fractals are too easy for the rewards so everyone could do them.
They were never meant to be that easy, so the complaining crowd should adapt or go back to Tier 3 – It seems that the brainafk times are over in this part of the game which I highly prefer!

T4 is too easy if you have a decent group. Most decent groups are during prime time for their respective regions. The change is good and bad. Good is no more quickies on swamp. Bad is the failure of math and people who can’t count. 77 should never be harder than 90 or 100. I wouldn’t mind if Anet wants to beef up 78 to 100 and make it much harder so it can reflect what each higher progression supposed to be.

Zerg Doors [ZD]

The new Swamp [Merged]

Posted by: Deihnyx.6318

Deihnyx.6318

T4 is not for casuals anymore, I don’t see what’s wrong with it.

(btw I’m still convinced that even a casual who wants to learn will do it fine)

The new Swamp [Merged]

Posted by: Jerus.4350

Jerus.4350

T4 is not for casuals anymore, I don’t see what’s wrong with it.

(btw I’m still convinced that even a casual who wants to learn will do it fine)

Not all at least, which again is fine.

The new Swamp [Merged]

Vinceman.4572

T4 is too easy if you have a decent group.

You are choosing with whom to run in the first place. I’m almost always fine seeing a 2nd necro besides me so the rest of the players becomes irrelevant in my eyes. Needn’t to be the same thing for other players but that caters to my self-assurance of succeeding a fractal.
The T4-fractal community is relative good and most are skilled enough to not fail.

Most decent groups are during prime time for their respective regions.

You can’t blame a game difficulty because you are not able to play with the proper people from prime time due to working/real-life issues. Games are not balanced around such stuff, especially not MMOs.

The change is good and bad. Good is no more quickies on swamp. Bad is the failure of math and people who can’t count. 77 should never be harder than 90 or 100. I wouldn’t mind if Anet wants to beef up 78 to 100 and make it much harder so it can reflect what each higher progression supposed to be.

Anet already informed the playerbase that T4-Swamp should be the hardest fractal ingame at the moment, not level 100. This will definitely change again with further patches.
Only negative thing is that they are rather communicating via Reddit and not the forums. But as a veteran player everybody knows that stuff, so it’s nothing new or special.

The new Swamp [Merged]

Posted by: CptAurellian.9537

CptAurellian.9537

Pugged it yesterday, highest tier, killed it 1st go. It’s definitely not too hard, some players are just incredibly bad and need to improve rather than complain. Git good.

‘sigh’ We (three people) had to cycle through half a dozen randumbs before we finally got some who understood what (not) to do in that fight. I wonder how long it will take before you reliably get pugs who can do Bloomy

Warning! This post may contain traces of irony, sarcasm and peanuts.

There is no loyalty without betrayal. -Ann Smiley

The new Swamp [Merged]

Posted by: domness.6719

domness.6719

‘sigh’ We (three people) had to cycle through half a dozen randumbs before we finally got some who understood what (not) to do in that fight. I wonder how long it will take before you reliably get pugs who can do Bloomy

Well to be fair, that’s because it’s new, not because it’s hard.

[OP] Optimise

The new Swamp [Merged]

Posted by: CptAurellian.9537

CptAurellian.9537

It’s not that hard once you think a bit about the fight, but then pretty much all of the people who didn’t get the basics of the fight left the group very quickly. Don’t think they learned anything, so for them it will stay “new” for a long time.

Warning! This post may contain traces of irony, sarcasm and peanuts.

There is no loyalty without betrayal. -Ann Smiley

The new Swamp [Merged]

Posted by: MarkBecks.6453

MarkBecks.6453

with all the buffs, mist singularity, food the whole bang shoot, on a lev 52 frac, you start losing players after 3 attempts and not killing it. seriously devs, what were you thinking, challenging is one thing, but this rates more along the other lines, and in order not to get a ban, Ill keep my thought on this to myself. I have full ascended gear, full ascended weapon’s and all the buffs….what’s the point?

The new Swamp [Merged]

Vinceman.4572

Where are you struggling? What’s the issue with this special frac? Enemies getting blown up?

I agree it’s a joke, way too easy. Third time daily and I had 0 problems with pugs on the first try.

(edited by Vinceman.4572)

The new Swamp [Merged]

Posted by: Zui.9245

Zui.9245

While Swamp is currently the most difficult fractal, it’s roughly at where the difficulty of all fractals OUGHT to be. It’s also not THAT difficult; competent pugs are already capable of one-attempting it on T4 difficulty.

Your mindset here seems to be the primary issue. Instead of playing better and coordinating with your team, you seem to be expecting your gear and buffs to carry you.

If you’re having too much trouble, maybe you should be doing T2 instead of T3.

The new Swamp [Merged]

Posted by: afrocrusade.4253

afrocrusade.4253

Pull him into the wells to make him vulnerable.

30 poison stacks on that fight is nothing, git gud.

Use ranged attacks and conditions.

The new Swamp [Merged]

Posted by: Lahmia.2193

Lahmia.2193

Had a pug group complete it lvl 77 last night with no wipes or downs. I think it’s a L2adapt issue with most of those complaining.

Surrender and serve me in life, or die and slave for me in death.

The new Swamp [Merged]

Posted by: Wethospu.6437

Wethospu.6437

I also had problems with this but then I learned that you can press a button to avoid all damage.

The new Swamp [Merged]

Posted by: Ging.6485

Ging.6485

The problem is, that people don’t know how to play matador with Bloomhunger. That’s it.

In every group I have been in, I have never gone down, yet I have seen at least 3 other people constantly down, simply because they don’t step out of the way/ dodge out of the way of Bloomhunger’s very obvious attacks. The only challenging thing about the fight is that if you don’t have a stun break, if Bloomhunger manages to knock you down, it pretty much is able to combo you until you are completely downed.

However, that can be completely avoided, by simply dodging.

I personally think that new Snowblind is more challenging because of how fast the Shaman attacks during the last phase. He focuses on one player and with his rate of attack, unless you have the other 4 constantly picking you up, you really can’t avoid his onslaught.

The new Swamp [Merged]

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

I also had problems with this but then I learned that you can press a button to avoid all damage.

And I wanted to push the button (or press a lever)

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

The new Swamp [Merged]

Posted by: Nash.2681

Nash.2681

And I wanted to push the button (or press a lever)

I see what you did there

XMG U716 (i7 6700, 16GB DDR4@2133Mhz, GTX980m, Samsung 850Evo 250 GB, Seagate SSHD 500GB)

Leader of “Servants of Balance” [SoB], a small guild endemic to the FSP.

The new Swamp [Merged]

Posted by: Phibes.4128

Phibes.4128

This new swamp brings out so much anger and hostility from marginal personalities. it’s hardly worth running for that fact alone.

The new Swamp [Merged]

Posted by: littlemunster.1059

littlemunster.1059

This new swamp brings out so much anger and hostility from marginal personalities. it’s hardly worth running for that fact alone.

don’t say that. those swamp lovers will come out and attack you.

The BG Super Munster!

The new Swamp [Merged]

littlemunster.1059

didn’t anet not allow you to just turn off computer and log back in to avoid all damages?

The BG Super Munster!

The new Swamp [Merged]

littlemunster.1059

once in a blue moon. i solo that swamp thing if i could take control of 4 characters myself for that wisp part. it’s easy to do and i’m just too good. i wish it was swamp fractals every day.

The BG Super Munster!

The new Swamp [Merged]

Jerus.4350

don’t say that. those swamp lovers will come out and attack you.

More just a plea of patience, give it some time, keep at it, give a few weeks and I bet we’re all downing it easily.

The new Swamp [Merged]

Deihnyx.6318

But, anyways, the dev who made the encounter said he specifically wanted to introduce some raid mechanics as a stepping stone to raids.

I’d rather they introduced old swamp mechanics to raids than the other way around. I really hate how that raid content is having impact on the whole game way out of proportion compared to the small group of players it was meant for.

So basically have all raids boss be doable by standing on a tree and spamming skill 1?

The new Swamp [Merged]

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

But, anyways, the dev who made the encounter said he specifically wanted to introduce some raid mechanics as a stepping stone to raids.

I’d rather they introduced old swamp mechanics to raids than the other way around. I really hate how that raid content is having impact on the whole game way out of proportion compared to the small group of players it was meant for.

So basically have all raids boss be doable by standing on a tree and spamming skill 1?

… i don’t think anyone has been doing it that way since a veeeeery long time. And even then it was a gimmick making the whole fight actually longer and more annoying.

But, to answer your question, if the alternative would be making fractals more and more annoying just to support a different content made for a minority of players, then yes, i’d rather see raids made into a joke. Less people would be negatively impacted by that.

And maybe they’d stop causing damage to the rest of the game then.

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

The new Swamp [Merged]

Jerus.4350

… i don’t think anyone has been doing it that way since a veeeeery long time. And even then it was a gimmick making the whole fight actually longer and more annoying.

But, to answer your question, if the alternative would be making fractals more and more annoying just to support a different content made for a minority of players, then yes, i’d rather see raids made into a joke. Less people would be negatively impacted by that.

Bloomhunger was simply bringing reflects and standing underneath him. Do that and you basically win. It absolutely needed updating. Now, I can understand not liking how it’s tuned, but it’s not the end of the world and people will get used to it. I mean it can be simplified to “rotating in circles to be in the green, dodge orange circles, at 25% grab a wisp” it’s really as simple as that.

The new Swamp [Merged]

Deihnyx.6318

They didn’t damage anything. They improved it, what is annoying for you is more challenging (and so: fun) for me. You can disagree on the notion of what is fun or not, but that’s why we have different fractal tiers, if you want easy content that has just been released, there are lower tiers of fractals, and the whole LS3. Now if tomorrow they add that level of challenging content into Living Story, there’ll be ground to complain.

Tiers are here for a reason, higher tier means harder. If you try swamp at lower tier you won’t have problem.
It’s perfectly normal that not everyone is good at a fight after only a few hours/days after release, it would be depressing if it was.

The game already offers a LOT of casual content, having raids and highest tier fractals as challenging is not too much asked imho.

The new Swamp [Merged]

Posted by: Gambino.2109

Gambino.2109

If they want to keep this fractal the way it is.. they need to up the rewards… cause I simply don’t want to work triple overtime just for the same junk I was already making when he was a push over.

The new Swamp [Merged]

Deihnyx.6318

If they want to keep this fractal the way it is.. they need to up the rewards… cause I simply don’t want to work triple overtime just for the same junk I was already making when he was a push over.

You can get good stuff but I agree that doing all 3 T4 to get 3 ectoplasms (it happens!!) is frustrating xD

Maybe a guaranteed ascended mat for finishing all 3 T4 would be good. It involves spending a good hour on it (or more) but it wouldn’t be all RNG.

The new Swamp [Merged]

Posted by: afrocrusade.4253

afrocrusade.4253

“same junk”

ascended mats and 7g from matrices?

The new Swamp [Merged]

Posted by: skarpak.8594

skarpak.8594

You can get good stuff but I agree that doing all 3 T4 to get 3 ectoplasms (it happens!!) is frustrating xD

Maybe a guaranteed ascended mat for finishing all 3 T4 would be good. It involves spending a good hour on it (or more) but it wouldn’t be all RNG.

my group needs between 20 to 30 mins, never longer and the rotation of fractals doesnt matter. i think the rewards are just right for that.

if you think the rewards aren’t good enough for 1 to 2 hours, then git gud.
(an no, we dont run any fancy tactics, we just play through normally with a group comp and not randomly)

and dont come and say: but pugs!
its not the mistake of the fractals nor the lfg that you can’t get through fast enough.

(edited by skarpak.8594)

The new Swamp [Merged]

Deihnyx.6318

my group needs between 20 to 30 mins, never longer and the rotation of fractals doesnt matter. i think the rewards are just right for that.

if you think the rewards aren’t good enough for 1 to 2 hours, then git gud.
(an no, we dont run any fancy tactics, we just play through normally with a group comp and not randomly)

and dont come and say: but pugs!
its not the mistake of the fractals nor the lfg that you can’t get through fast enough.

Hey it’s not pvp, no need to bragg about it lol xD

I haven’t heard anyone in game pretend they do fractals that fast since the last few patches. Maybe there are, but it doesn’t even matter. There’s no timer on fractals so everyone can do them as they please.
With this logic, I could also say : “Ugh please reduce VG timer down to 5 minutes since my group can beat it ! Git guud guys !” No that’s just being elitist.

I personally don’t mind spending an hour on it, as long as the people are fun to play with. I’m not bad, I’m not the best, and I certainly don’t feel like it’s a mistake to play with pugs.

Now, from what I know, there are 2 kind of complains about fractal rewards
- It used to be much faster (whatever you say, new Swamp isn’t as fast as old Swamp, it doesn’t mean it’s a bad thing, it’s just a fact) so why not rewarding more for more challenging content.
- RNG is mean, meaner than it used to be before Cliffside revamp (here again, a much needed revamp).

This can be addressed by giving a better guaranteed loot for T4 players. Now Anet will decide of course, but in this ocean of complains about the revamped fractals, some of them aren’t completely wrong.

The new Swamp [Merged]

Posted by: skarpak.8594

skarpak.8594

you just missed the whole context.
i am not bragging, just telling you how i see it.
everyone can play at their pace if they wish to and dont want to be faster, i have nothing against it.

but you say:

It involves spending a good hour on it (or more) but it wouldn’t be all RNG.

(maybe i misread that tough, i am not sure), then i just tell you: if you want better rewards per time, then its not the way to pump up fractal (i for sure, wouldn’t have anything against it, since that would mean i get even more lootz) rewards, you should push your own running time a bit more and cut it by half, since its easily doable.

and come on, its not just junk. yes, you dont get asc stuff every time. but keep in mind, if you get a asc chest…be it only one in a whole month or two…its more or less instant ~100g. not in fluid money, but the item has still its worth.

where else in the game can you get good gold from only doing a bit of dailys and with a bigger chance to get good items wich are worth even more.
at the moment just once per week in raids.

sure, all other gamemodes offer asc drops too…but at a way less lower drop rate.

(edited by skarpak.8594)

The new Swamp [Merged]

Vinceman.4572

Pugging T4 fractals usually lasts less than one hour to 45 minutes on average. Almost always the rewards are 10 or more gold (junk + rares/exotics) + a good chance of additional stuff of high value (T7-M + asc chests).

I see no need to increase rewards. It’s not Tarir Multiloot and other hardcore boring stuff but still bonanza.

The new Swamp [Merged]

Posted by: Wethospu.6437

Wethospu.6437

Also you can still get out of combat mid-fight for fast ressing and holding the boss until everyone respawns.

The new Swamp [Merged]

Posted by: Avster.1935

Avster.1935

It’s a learn to play issue. You won’t see this problem in T4 swamp that often – usually gets down in 1-2 attempts.

Evelyn Whitehawk | Exalted Legend | Demons’s Demise | I Transmuted My Legendary Medium Coat

The new Swamp [Merged]

Posted by: iczek.9628

iczek.9628

The problem is, that people don’t know how to play matador with Bloomhunger. That’s it.

In every group I have been in, I have never gone down, yet I have seen at least 3 other people constantly down, simply because they don’t step out of the way/ dodge out of the way of Bloomhunger’s very obvious attacks. The only challenging thing about the fight is that if you don’t have a stun break, if Bloomhunger manages to knock you down, it pretty much is able to combo you until you are completely downed.

I personally think that new Snowblind is more challenging because of how fast the Shaman attacks during the last phase. He focuses on one player and with his rate of attack, unless you have the other 4 constantly picking you up, you really can’t avoid his onslaught.

This has been my exact experience. I really do enjoy the new Swamp. I dodge his attacks, it’s easy by going range. On my fire ele it’s not problem. But then I see melee and even range players going down. Melee players go down because of his fist pounding. Both melee and range go down because they don’t dodge his stampede.

Then I am left alone so I leave to get ooc. Everyone is back up and we give it another go. And guess what? It happens all over again, two more times. After three attempts and I am the last one alive I leave. This is from a T1 thru T3 experience.

And then I get a group that actually knows what to do and we complete the run in one go.

To comment about Snowblind, I agree the final boss when he is a cat is nasty. He eats my fire ele up. I can most of the time get away from his attacks but being the squishy I am, I do go down from time to time.

(edited by iczek.9628)

The new Swamp [Merged]

Jerus.4350

The boss on snowblind isn’t all that nasty, it’s the peripherals that take me down. Got the ice thingies shooting a low damage attack every few seconds plus the handful of adds. Boss and sub-boss (entity) are just a few major attacks that are relatively easy to avoid.

The new Swamp [Merged]

Posted by: Ging.6485

Ging.6485

This has been my exact experience. I really do enjoy the new Swamp. I dodge his attacks, it’s easy by going range. On my fire ele it’s not problem. But then I see melee and even range players going down. Melee players go down because of his fist pounding. Both melee and range go down because they don’t dodge his stampede.

Then I am left alone so I leave to get ooc. Everyone is back up and we give it another go. And guess what? It happens all over again, two more times. After three attempts and I am the last one alive I leave. This is from a T1 thru T3 experience.

And then I get a group that actually knows what to do and we complete the run in one go.

To comment about Snowblind, I agree the final boss when he is a cat is nasty. He eats my fire ele up. I can most of the time get away from his attacks but being the squishy I am, I do go down from time to time.

I did try it on a thief once, and I will admit it is harder to be of use during the boss fight one melee than it is on range. If you have a concentrated effort you can break his bar before he starts his aoe attack, but when most people are ranged they won’t bother.
That said he does have fairly low HP, and thief mobility can do the wisps during the second to last phase very quickly.

The new Swamp [Merged]

Posted by: BlooDyliCious.5824

BlooDyliCious.5824

The patch notes said Blooms HP was smaller, but I think it should be reduced more. His invulnerabily combined with the boring spirit onslaught(which means players murdering 100s of critters…) makes the fight longer than it should be.

Then there’s those champions which have no point in being there, but who cares anyway. It’s like putting the thaumanova anomaly near VG. It has no point, but at least there’s something extra.

I have no trouble with Blooms 4 sec knockdown + Donkey Kong ground pounding, because I know there is a buff that increases endurance regen by 100%. The more you know.

The only thing that does annoy me is that the hitbox of his charge, not the damage that oneshots me, but the hitbox. Sometimes I stand right on top of Bloom and he charges past me not doing anything. Then the next time I’m dead wondering what the hell just happened.

The new Swamp [Merged]

Posted by: ReaverKane.7598

ReaverKane.7598

Agreed. It was nice to have to actually have a challenge in FoTM. Once the mechanics are understood, it’s a very reasonable fight.

Waiting to see a solo/duo for the last wisps, I’m sure there’s a better way to get all four while low manning it as the timer seems forgiving enough.

At T4 you pretty much have to deliver them at the same time, so i don’t know if its doable.

The new Swamp [Merged]

Posted by: TheRandomGuy.7246

TheRandomGuy.7246

Agreed. It was nice to have to actually have a challenge in FoTM. Once the mechanics are understood, it’s a very reasonable fight.

Waiting to see a solo/duo for the last wisps, I’m sure there’s a better way to get all four while low manning it as the timer seems forgiving enough.

At T4 you pretty much have to deliver them at the same time, so i don’t know if its doable.

Necro can do 2 with few seconds to spare. Thief or a mesmer can probably do 3.

The new Swamp [Merged]

Posted by: Gimli.9461

Gimli.9461

1. Did you clear this fractal overhaul with the upper management?
- because honestly I already have raids I run on set schedule, and fractals I pug mostly
- I just spent 40 min with pugs on this and I bailed . Because I don’t have time for this
2. How is a MELEE class supposed to do this? Yeah i know i’m supposed to CC when he pounds, but hey he pounds. So only range CC? So all ranger group? :P
3. Can we have SOME CONSISTENCY??? Why are Champion’s pounds without AOE circle indicator? Why are Bloomhungers charges without AOE indicator?

Bottom line now I have to go roll a druid so I can heal the pugs? Thanks
Anyway, a little rant, I hope you’re happy with your grand fractal. I hate it atm, just my 2c. Completely unnecessary level of difficulty. And most AoEs only wipe parties because their indicators are absent. Also => no class has enough dodges for THAT level of madness. Tone it down.

You didn’t succeed in teaching people to play better, you succeeded in making them mad, and hopping into an all-reaper party. Good job.

The new Swamp [Merged]

Jerus.4350

Take a second, Analyse the fractal, make a list of things you find wrong with it, suggest alternatives. and let them work on it. The guy posted on reddit and said he will be looking at it again, so instead of just complaining get some constructive criticism in here.

Personally I find a 2 issues with it.

The swarm phase is a bit long, it’s nice as a reprieve but I don’t think it needs to be nearly as long. Honestly not a huge deal but overall it’s just unnecessary making it a time sink. If it was challenging it would have a point, but it’s not, so I’d rather have it shaved in half, you get your little break to heal up and let skills recharge, then clear blooms and back to Bloomhunger.

Melee, it’s a LOT of melee pressure, overly so. I’d like to see the shake turned into something different. Either make it only hit in range (nothing within say 240 range). Or, make it like Sloth’s rampage, send out the AE’s then at the end burst them, so you can just move and dodge at the end(my preference).

Other than that I find it a solid fractal. Dodge the big attacks or even just run out of them sometimes, It’s nice to see some real consequences to failing active defense again.

Funny thing though, I actually find druid to be pretty useless, most of the time people are dying to things I simply can’t heal. You get stomped and clobbered, well, I’ll bring Search and Rescue but it has a recharge…

The new Swamp [Merged]

Posted by: Gimli.9461

Gimli.9461

The constructive criticism bit was about the AoE indicators :P