The new W4 title is a mistake

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Lonami.2987

Lonami.2987

So, the way to fix raid exploiters is to give them another title, for free?

• Some players get a title by exploiting, when you couldn’t get it by normal means.
  • I don’t see how a title is a problem, when you can buy runs anyway, and only a few got it by exploiting.
  • For some reason, it’s a BIG problem.
  • Instead of banning the exploiters, they wait 3 weeks and screw everyone else by adding a new title, that kills the prestige of the previous one.
  • Everyone who got the prestigious title the right way is screwed, and exploiters aren’t punished in any way.

If this was such a big deal, BAN EXPLOITERS, don’t reward them further with another extra title. And if you can’t punish those who deserve it, don’t punish everyone indiscriminately just to save face for something that wasn’t even a problem to begin with.

And by the way, lot of the game would welcome titles, and even achievements, yet duplicating a raid title is much more important. It’s like “Twice-Told Legend” all over again, a minority complaining about a non-problem, and getting rewarded for it, while bigger issues and larger groups of players are constantly neglected.

Achievement points and titles are in a sorry state, and things like this only make them even a bigger joke where nothing matters and nothing is valuable.

Top top it off, the new achievement name “The Real Raiders of Tyria” is just cringeworthy and disrespectful.

Elonian elite specialization ideas: El: Dervish
M: Bladedancer – N: Scourge – En: Occultist – Ra: Swampstalker
T: Sharpshooter – G: Sunspear – Re: Hierophant – W: Corsair

Posted by: NikeEU.7690

NikeEU.7690

Kill the bosses again.

[DnT]::Nike::
www.twitch.tv/nike_dnt

Posted by: Chris McSwag.4683

Chris McSwag.4683

It’s indeed a mistake.
The new title should have been “Real Raider of Tyria”

[eS] Ethereal Synergy
DPS Benchmarks, Raids, Low-mans etc.

Posted by: Amaimon.7823

Amaimon.7823

have you considered there is no wing 4? problem solved

Posted by: Rising Dusk.2408

Rising Dusk.2408

I think this solution is just fine. If you can do them legit once, you can do them legit again. If you cheesed them before, you have to do them legit now. It’s better than them trying to ban people who might have been along for the ride, not knowing their teammates were cheesing in a pub, or who knows what.

Plus, the grey lore text for the new achievement is hilarious.

[VZ] Valor Zeal – Stormbluff Isle – Looking for steady, casual-friendly NA raiders!

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

I’m glad the OP understands that the entire idea of the new title was to remove the last shred of prestige of the old one. I’m sorry that they can’t see enough of the big picture to see why ANet’s solution is ultimately better for the game.

Not everyone who gained a title in this method did so intentionally. Figuring out who should get punished and who shouldn’t is a ton of work, and will include both false positives and false negatives, ensuring every group involved is salty.

It’s far, far easier to offer a new title. And it’s far, far better for the game and the community overall to avoid the chaos that comes after a mass ban.

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

Posted by: Scipio.3204

Scipio.3204

Honestly I really like this solution, since it doesn’t hurt anybody and even adds some reward for the repetition of CMs.

Also I think they should take this one step further, and make one of the achievements repeatable. The bigggest issue right now with W4 is the lack of rewards for CM repetition. They could solve this by adding some reward on a repeatable achievement that rewards for example a stack of magnetite shards or something like that.

Posted by: Orangensaft.7139

Orangensaft.7139

1) it is not free you now actually have to kill all bosses legit (without bugs)

2) if you consider it free because it is so easy then you can just redo that quickly in 1 day and have your new prestigous title

We Glitched Out Of All [MAPS]
26x lvl 80 Characters
Most fabulous Character: http://i.imgur.com/5JtcBI1.jpg?1

Posted by: insanemaniac.2456

insanemaniac.2456

disagree with op 1000%

JQ: Rikkity
head here to discuss wvw without fear of infractions

Posted by: Sublimatio.6981

Sublimatio.6981

I’m glad someone else noticed that!

Posted by: Walhalla.5473

Walhalla.5473

Every time I see someone saying Wing 4 I wonder if I completely missed a Wing of the Forsaken Thicket since the Bastion is not a wing by definition but a raid without any wings.

But since even Anet is calling it a wing…. much cringing.

Posted by: Amaimon.7823

Amaimon.7823

Every time I see someone saying Wing 4 I wonder if I completely missed a Wing of the Forsaken Thicket since the Bastion is not a wing by definition but a raid without any wings.

But since even Anet is calling it a wing…. much cringing.

Anet is calling it a wing? on reddit they called it a new raid, I haven’t seen any devs call it a wing yet.
But just saying wing isn’t very wrong, because the definition of a wing is just the span of one start to the end of a raid instance.
so there are 4 wings, in that sense it’s right, but it’s not wing 4 of raid 1, it’s just the fourth wing made, in a second raid

Posted by: Walhalla.5473

Walhalla.5473

Well there is an Anet thread called Bastion of the Penitent Raid Wing.

But if they called it Raid on Reddit then even they don’t know on what to call it.

Posted by: Krag.6210

Krag.6210

Yeah, it feels like a big kitten you to the people who spent 20 hours in there in the first weeks, hoping they’d never have to do that again.
Tell you what, there wasn’t even a second reward, all you get for doing it legit all over again is a kittenty title, it sure showed those exploiters.

Posted by: zealex.9410

zealex.9410

I’m glad someone else noticed that!

what does it say?

Posted by: Seyiwaji.4082

Seyiwaji.4082

lol, as if they have enough players to allow themselves to ban exploiters.

i remember how they used to ban people for less than kitten.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OMTmBrwmjf0

Posted by: Rising Dusk.2408

Rising Dusk.2408

what does it say?

“Now, I’m really free.”

[VZ] Valor Zeal – Stormbluff Isle – Looking for steady, casual-friendly NA raiders!

Posted by: NikeEU.7690

NikeEU.7690

lol, as if they have enough players to allow themselves to ban exploiters.

i remember how they used to ban people for less than kitten.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OMTmBrwmjf0

If you think exploiting the economy to make infinite gold is “less than” cheesing a boss for a meaningless title you need to stop a recalibrate for a minute.

[DnT]::Nike::
www.twitch.tv/nike_dnt