The option to tell npc's to "Wait here"

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Brutal Augus.5917

Brutal Augus.5917

I’m sure I wouldn’t be the only one to ever have had an npc start doing something that either impedes the progress of the run or just gets in the way.

::My Example::
The “Kudu” boss fight in “Sorrows Embrace” story mode.

IMO this fight is easy, but that’s beside the point. Every time I get “Kudu” down to 75% of his health and he teleports to summon the first of three golems the npc by the name of “Zoja”(or however it’s spelled) takes it upon themselves to run up to the portal and hold the golem there in combat until they die in vain. It’s not that big a deal, it’s just annoying to have to wait on npc to needlessly die. My whole party usually consists of guild members and we always just wait in the open area beyond for her to inevitably die so we can nuke the golems and squash kudu, but that is also beside the point. What I am suggesting, is that there be given the dialogue option to tell the dungeon npc’s to “wait” or “stay” so that they are out of the way when they need to be. Sorry for text walling.

[varX] Limitless Potential

(edited by Brutal Augus.5917)

Posted by: Tumla.7231

Tumla.7231

I vote for the complete deleting of npcs in gw2, they are so nobrain !!

Keep Running [Kr] – Speed run dungeons and fractal guild

Posted by: Dolan.3071

Dolan.3071

You’re joking right? I love dying to Ooze in Arah P1 when my F button prioritises spamming chat with Varra instead of picking up the Orb so I can teleport out.
Oh and you wanted that banner at your next encounter too? Here, have a dialogue box open in your face a thousand times instead.

Uriel Asther ~ Warrior | Kaya Lereau ~ Elementalist | Natalie Fox ~ Thief
Skye Eterna ~ Mesmer | Arya Slade ~ Charrdian | Kiera Thine ~ Ranger
Oceanic ~ [LOD] [Noob]

Posted by: Tachii.3506

Tachii.3506

They should just make NPCs unable to fight and unable to be targeted by enemies. They can be there for the dialogue but otherwise let them be immune to any combat whatsoever.

SBI – Thief and the occasional Guardian & Warrior.

Posted by: rfdarko.4639

rfdarko.4639

Afaik, many events in dungeons are triggered by npc proximity. An example of this is the first boss of arah p2 – you need to make sure yissa is close enough to trigger the event before you go running past, or the event bugs. Another common place to see this is AC – waiting around for hodge to show up at the scepter room, guiding dethla to the center of the ghost graveling room, not TP’ing too fast in p3 so that tzark will have his dialogue with grast, etc. So yes, this would be a welcome feature, but I’m afraid it would mean re-building the dungeons from the ground up. The best we can hope is that anet learned from their mistakes, but unfortunently one of the most common stalls in the new molten fractal is caused by braham’s dialogue not triggering in the testing room :/.

guildless hobo who likes to solo – [x]

Posted by: Lindbur.2537

Lindbur.2537

I’d prefer an option to just kill the NPC for a precursor.

A remnant of times past.
“Memories are nice, but that’s all they are.”

Posted by: Purple Miku.7032

Purple Miku.7032

If they improved AI of NPC’s then first attempt at soloing Lupicus would be too easy and you wouldn’t have to re-push him back onto the wall. Also, I wouldn’t ever screw up when trying to use watchwork portal devices for soloing 2nd orb on Arah P3 because motherf___ing Wardel Ilyria wouldn’t be trying to spam my interact option.

Once again, it’d be too easy to fight Korga the Mighty solo without Varra Skyf__k forcing him to rush off into the distance and revive a dozen elite gorillas.

Edit: Oh let’s not forget about how awesome it is to sit there idle as Agent Spire moves in slow motion towards a control panel. I know we all LOVE that.

(edited by Purple Miku.7032)