The problem with Arah

The problem with Arah

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: randomfightfan.4091

randomfightfan.4091

Is that it’s the ONLY high level dungeon that doesn’t drop ANY lodestones from the chests. Don’t tell me about the crystaline from the mobs b/c the only mobs that I’ve ever had drop the dust were from the world mobs at the very start zone. Not to mention that crystaline is the lode-quality drop that AC, THE VERY FIRST DUNGEON IN THE GAME, has drop in their chests.

CoE has Charged
HoTW has Glacial AND Corrupted
CoF is the reason molten cores are 3s

Arah is the funnest and hardest dungeon in the game. It should have some lodestone drop… or a random precursor after every 100 completions

Check out my page for some good thiefisms :)
http://www.youtube.com/user/randomfightfan/videos?view=0&flow=grid

The problem with Arah

Posted by: haviz.1340

haviz.1340

It has piles!

of vile essence.

The problem with Arah

randomfightfan.4091

That sounds… incredibly useless. Can’t remember if I’ve ever got one from a chest though. Pretty sure just got them from the mobs.

The problem with Arah

Posted by: Strifey.7215

Strifey.7215

They should add crystaline dust like AC has the low level dust. I’d be super happy getting 10-20 dust chance in chests, especially considering the supply on dust that is used in a ton of MF and crafting recipes is way too low.

Guard/War/Mesmer and Dungeon Guides:
https://www.youtube.com/user/strife025

The problem with Arah

Posted by: timecookie.8570

timecookie.8570

WE WANT DUST!
Even tier 5 would be just fine.

And higher chances for heavy moldy bags on silver mobs than open-world Risens would not be too bad.

The problem with Arah

Posted by: Dub.1273

Dub.1273

WE WANT DUST!

NoNoNo.
WE WANT DUSK!

Dub | [rT]
#LoveArrows2013, never forget.

The problem with Arah

Posted by: Raven.3248

Raven.3248

So to start, I love GL, its the only reason why i still play everyday. I am meleeing him now. I have noticed a few bugs with him. So i am hear to give arena net the info because im sure non of them have played as much arah as i have.
1. before he does a shadow step attack my atacks do nothing but when he dissapears and there is just a big red circle left i do damage again
2. some times when he does shadow step he dissapears but then he just reapears where he was without execuiting the shadow step.
last night this happened…. so i was just meleeing away at a big red circle but he reapeared a bit late and the next sec i see he just finished his big swip attack and im down.
3. we all know he gets stuck in walls
4. he reset once when he got stuck in a wall
5.and once my team and i surounded him in phase 2 when he was trying to move and got stuck in the middle of the area. we meleeed him down to phase 3 where he got out of it with that move where he goes into the air.
6. in phase 3 his attack that shoots all the green projectiles in a red circle, the red circle is too small but its not a big issue if you know this.
7. this one has got nothing to do with GL, p1 portal is in p3 if you know what i mean

Just another Arah veteran

(edited by Raven.3248)

The problem with Arah

Posted by: Kumakichi.2583

Kumakichi.2583

Arah is the funnest and hardest dungeon in the game. It should have some lodestone drop… or a random precursor after every 100 completions

Lupicus should throw lodestones at people in phase 3 and if you successfully down him you get to keep them.

The problem with Arah

Posted by: Unflinching.8967

Unflinching.8967

Lupicus should throw lodestones at people in phase 3 and if you successfully down him you get to keep them.

Easy lodestones then. :p

The problem with Arah

Posted by: deSade.9437

deSade.9437

I have a better idea. On phase 3, have a sailor’s beanie appear magically on the ground. Whoever picks it up and wears it first can spawn a powerful Dusk right off the hat and IMPALE the bad dog! You can keep the sword later.
Well, you could also have Lupicus summon baseballs that make him chase them when thrown. The reward? An exotic baseball hat.
Sorry, I’m drunk…

The problem with Arah

Posted by: Oh Snapalope.1378

Oh Snapalope.1378

I melee Lupicus 100% and I rarely die….. I want a good reward for meleeing him down from 100% to 0%….

The problem with Arah

Posted by: grifflyman.8102

grifflyman.8102

Arah also takes hours to complete and you get kitten as a result

The problem with Arah

randomfightfan.4091

Arah also takes hours to complete and you get kitten as a result

it takes hours?

The problem with Arah

Posted by: KazNaka.4718

KazNaka.4718

Is that it’s the ONLY high level dungeon that doesn’t drop ANY lodestones from the chests. Don’t tell me about the crystaline from the mobs b/c the only mobs that I’ve ever had drop the dust were from the world mobs at the very start zone. Not to mention that crystaline is the lode-quality drop that AC, THE VERY FIRST DUNGEON IN THE GAME, has drop in their chests.

CoE has Charged
HoTW has Glacial AND Corrupted
CoF is the reason molten cores are 3s

and not every purple bosses drop 10 silver loot.

The problem with Arah

randomfightfan.4091

and not every purple bosses drop 10 silver loot.

is true

Worst part about that is most of the time it’s the fat slabs of meat that never die who don’t drop the money. Things like the Magecrusher and Champ Abom SHOULD drop silver since they have about 4x too much hp and pose 0 threat to anyone who knows what they’re doing.

The problem with Arah

timecookie.8570

Things like the Magecrusher and Champ Abom SHOULD drop silver since they have about 4x too much hp and pose 0 threat to anyone who knows what they’re doing.

Being rewarded for hitting punching bags and taking 0 risk?

The problem with Arah

randomfightfan.4091

Things like the Magecrusher and Champ Abom SHOULD drop silver since they have about 4x too much hp and pose 0 threat to anyone who knows what they’re doing.

you hit that punching bag until your arms fall off and and no longer have any energy or desire to train anymore

The problem with Arah

timecookie.8570

That’s more like it.

The problem with Arah

randomfightfan.4091

this is a dungeon though. Would you rather be fighting punching bags that give no reward, or fight the opponent you’ve been training for and get the purse after you win (if you win)?

The problem with Arah

Posted by: KazNaka.4718

KazNaka.4718

or rather, being rewarded for knowing what to do to make it seem like 0 risk

The problem with Arah

Posted by: kipz.8701

kipz.8701

Maybe making the bosses drop the karma chests that you buy from the vendors in Orr might at least be some improvement?

The problem with Arah

randomfightfan.4091

Those karma chests are junk. As a proud owner of 11 risen priests of blathazar, I can safely say that. I have spent around 2 million karma on the boxes and have gotten maybe 20 lodestones. That includes at least 5 molten and 4 glacials. I know I have gotten 3 charged, 2 corrupted, 2 destroyers, and 1 onyx… don’t remember how many crystals and essences though. I also have 1 warm potion that’s worth 5s.

Even though the chests CAN drop good stuff, them being added in as a drop would be pointless. It would only be more karma that we don’t need and a slight bit more silver that doesn’t scale with gold find. Would complain about either, there’s just better solutions to be had.

The problem with Arah

Raven.3248

So to start, I love GL, its the only reason why i still play everyday. I am meleeing him now. I have noticed a few bugs with him. So i am hear to give arena net the info because im sure non of them have played as much arah as i have.
1. before he does a shadow step attack my atacks do nothing but when he dissapears and there is just a big red circle left i do damage again
2. some times when he does shadow step he dissapears but then he just reapears where he was without execuiting the shadow step.
last night this happened…. so i was just meleeing away at a big red circle but he reapeared a bit late and the next sec i see he just finished his big swip attack and im down.
3. we all know he gets stuck in walls
4. he reset once when he got stuck in a wall
5.and once my team and i surounded him in phase 2 when he was trying to move and got stuck in the middle of the area. we meleeed him down to phase 3 where he got out of it with that move where he goes into the air.
6. in phase 3 his attack that shoots all the green projectiles in a red circle, the red circle is too small but its not a big issue if you know this.
7. this one has got nothing to do with GL, p1 portal is in p3 if you know what i mean

wow, 2 years later and some bugs are still here.

The problem with Arah

Posted by: Tree.3916

Tree.3916

I saw Strife’s post and shed a tear. Never5get

DnT Apply today if you think you can hang with the best of the best
http://www.twitch.tv/tree_dnt || https://twitter.com/Tree_DnT
The meta is changing at an alarming rate!

The problem with Arah

Raven.3248

Please remove the rng aoe after phase 2, or at lease add red circles. It is so annoying to get downed by something you cant avoid.

The problem with Arah

Posted by: SlyDevil.3952

SlyDevil.3952

Please remove the rng aoe after phase 2, or at lease add red circles. It is so annoying to get downed by something you cant avoid.

At this point I’m no longer sure which attacks you’re referring to. Do you mean the aoes that spawn during his 2→3 transition? That already have indicators, but in melee range they spawn and land at the same time as the circle?

The problem with Arah

Posted by: Neko.9021

Neko.9021

I see someone’s playing Necro today.

The problem with Arah

Posted by: Existencex.9712

Existencex.9712

it also has 3.5g for path completion aside from p3..

The problem with Arah

Posted by: Hyper Cutter.9376

Hyper Cutter.9376

Piles of essence are lodestones, they drop from things that lodestones specifically drop from (like the mat bags from personal story rewards, or the bags of various tiered lodestone components you can buy with the karmic converter).

I really wish they’d make them worth something like all the others…

The problem with Arah

Posted by: Zenith.7301

Zenith.7301

The problem with arah is the problem with every dungeon. Trash mobs offer pretty terrible loot tables, as do the bosses, who share loot tables with open world champions (aka a dungeon boss has the same loot as braindead zergbait).

But they don’t want to improve loot, because then gold acquisition outside the trading post can’t be time gated to push people into buying gems and converting to gold.

F2P games NEVER have PvE which is reasonably rewarding. That’s the whole point of F2P, to gate everything behind horrendous RNG and high gold grinds and nearly impossible to farm mats so that people circumvent the inconvenience via cash store.

You want PvE rewards, play a game with a sub.

The problem with Arah

Raven.3248

To be honest, I can live with all the bugs just remove the 1shot. then I can find more lfg’s at lupi.