The problem with Dredge Fractal

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: ArthurDent.9538

ArthurDent.9538

There have been many complaints about this fractal over the years so after thoroughly thinking it over I have figured out why no one likes it and how it can be changed to be more enjoyable. The answer is simple there are just not enough dredge.

If only they added more dredge, the wonderful sounds of there gongs, their wonderfully high health, and the massive damage of their attacks could be savored much more thoroughly. Another thing worth noting is that while they are immune to blind, they can still be easily knocked down and stunned, so giving them 60s of stability upon spawning should help them get off all of their attacks so we can appreciate them in their entirety.

Right now over the course of the fractal I only get somewhere between 30-55 heavy minor’s bags. This is simply an unacceptably low level and I would like to see Anet make changes to double it. Though this may make dredge too rewarding so I would propose the additional dredge do not drop loot, otherwise this fractal might become another Queensdale train.

14 Dungeon paths soloed
Lupi solos on 9/9 professions
Wost Engi NA

Posted by: Ethics.4519

Ethics.4519

Agreed. And what’s up with respawning normal mobs. I want a challenge! At least that’s what other people told me I wanted in the fractured thread.

So therefore respawns should be veterans or higher!

RIP in peace Robert

Posted by: Pip.2094

Pip.2094

I’d say only champs and legendary on respawns, to make it fair! But as mentioned, with no loot, absolutely no boxes from these.

\||||||/
O°v°O

Posted by: Darthaemos.6370

Darthaemos.6370

Given the history of “updates” to Fractals, I don’t think it would be unreasonable for us to be afraid that whoever is in charge of Fractals is reading this thread and nodding his head in agreement to all of these points.

Birgitte / Graendhal / Aveandha
Death and Taxes [DnT] | http://www.dtguilds.com/

Posted by: Tachii.3506

Tachii.3506

I take it you got Dredge again? Hah.

Can’t gauge their thinking in buffing Dredge to be harder when it’s the one that needed a debuff the longest.

SBI – Thief and the occasional Guardian & Warrior.

Posted by: Nikaido.3457

Nikaido.3457

The dredge would be even more majestic if they added a dredge-ified edition of lupicus complete with spawning dredge instead of grubs&locusts, and spawning new dredge carts during every phase transition. Then you make sure that level 39 fractal always get the dredge as the third fractal as “part” of the instability.

You could also add a dazing, room wide gong whenever he does AoE.

- “No tears, please. It’s a waste of good suffering.”

Posted by: deSade.9437

deSade.9437

I don’t think it would be unreasonable for us to be afraid that whoever is in charge of Fractals is reading this thread

The most convoluted thing I’ve ever read, after Heidegger. Jkjk. There’s nothing like Heidegger.
Personally, I think they’re making fun of us and they’ll keep buffing the fractal and add more dredges: one patrol per complaint thread…
… so SHUT UP AND DELETE THIS THING!!!one!111!
I’m already on the verge of ragequitting everytime I see that stupid fractal. It’s not much harder than others, but it gets on my nerves for reasons that were said at least 20 times already. AND because we happen to get it after Cliffside…
Oh, I forgot I almost quit doing fractals because it’s boring and unrewarding. Righttttt.

Nikaido.3457

I’m already on the verge of ragequitting everytime I see that stupid fractal. It’s not much harder than others, but it gets on my nerves for reasons that were said at least 20 times already. AND because we happen to get it after Cliffside…

The dredge are very entertaining depending on how strongly you connect with schadenfreude. Quite often my own hate of the fractal is largely offset by the pleasure I derive from all the cries and pain inside the party. Pugging it can provide endless amount of fun if you’re in a talkative (as opposed to the too typical deaf-mutes) group and people start b&moaning. Just as doing things like voting to save the inquest in CoE fast enough to make everyone else follow suit (people tend to click whatever gets the first vote without paying attention once the first vote has been cast). Fun.

I don’t doubt that whoever is in charge of this fractal must share the sentiment. I encourage him to follow the suggestions from this thread.

Posted by: Cries Of Sorrow.5864

Cries Of Sorrow.5864

The dredge are very entertaining depending on how strongly you connect with schadenfreude. Quite often my own hate of the fractal is largely offset by the pleasure I derive from all the cries and pain inside the party. Pugging it can provide endless amount of fun if you’re in a talkative (as opposed to the too typical deaf-mutes) group and people start b&moaning. Just as doing things like voting to save the inquest in CoE fast enough to make everyone else follow suit (people tend to click whatever gets the first vote without paying attention once the first vote has been cast). Fun.

I don’t doubt that whoever is in charge of this fractal must share the sentiment. I encourage him to follow the suggestions from this thread.

Trolling angry party members is always +1

Main Elementalist:Train Of Thought
Alt Warrior: Burning Paris
Best Ele build EU.

deSade.9437

The problem is… if I’m doing fractals, it’s in our premade and nobody is crying; if someone comments, it’s just a cynical “of course it had to be dredge” or “meh”. Nothing fun in it. Just… cold resignation. I usually am the one cursing.
I just… I just hate it. The dull terrain and ambient, the events, the stupid noises dredge make and their ridiculous number, their extremely high armor and health, the length… It disgusts me, it’s bad.The only thing that persuades me to carry on is… meh, just do it for the sake of it, so my team doesn’t need to pug a cleric staff guardian.
I have a very hard time enjoying other people’s pain, I feel too much sympathy – and empathy to a lesser degree. I’m both grateful and resentful for this.
Anyway, all of this is pointless. At least one more year before they change something.

Posted by: LittleLepton.8915

LittleLepton.8915

At least one more year before they change something.

Yep, and we will be reset to 30 at the same time.

Hehe.

You don’t know me.

#LilithFan#1

deSade.9437

Or to 1.

LittleLepton.8915

Or to 1.

Let’s just make it -30. Or something.

You don’t know me.

#LilithFan#1

deSade.9437

When you’re facing devs that have such a mindset – the one a moody and volatile god like Zeus or Poseidon could have, you feel uneasy as if you were staring at an unexploded mine. Well, at least this is how I feel.
I just hold my breath and stare at that mine, hoping it won’t explode and blow my face up.
E: Probably Athene would also be a very good example of that. Well, any greek god was a moody, sick kittener.

LittleLepton.8915

When you’re facing devs that have such a mindset – the one a moody and volatile god like Zeus or Poseidon could have, you feel uneasy as if you were staring at an unexploded mine. Well, at least this is how I feel.
I just hold my breath and stare at that mine, hoping it won’t explode and blow my face up.

I’m waiting for the day one of them tries to divide by zero in their code and Tyria blows up.

But surely, that dev MUST be the creator of Scarlet, right?

You don’t know me.

#LilithFan#1

deSade.9437

Hmmmmmm. Perhaps we’ve found the origin of the universe and the meaning of life?
Maybe Tyria will be approaching a new Big Bang… and Scarlet will run away from it unscathed, of course.
… Maybe Scarlet is the origin, the alpha and the omega.

LittleLepton.8915

Hmmmmmm. Perhaps we’ve found the origin of the universe and the meaning of life

That’s 42. You don’t divide by zero and get 42. smh

Anyway, Scarlets invasions have made me quite the money lately. Yay.

You don’t know me.

#LilithFan#1

Posted by: robertul.3679

robertul.3679

The main issue with dredge is their immunity to blind. Why are they immune to blind? Because they look like moles? That is a silly reason.
Every creature immune to a condition like embers/destroyers to burning, hylek to poison etc. also applies it. So it follows that dredge should be able to apply blinds too. Please fix this anet so I can enjoy lore immersion.

deSade.9437

The main issue with dredge is their immunity to blind. Why are they immune to blind? Because they look like moles?

Because they’re blind. Duh.
Bad troll.

Posted by: Black Box.9312

Black Box.9312

The main issue with dredge is their immunity to blind. Why are they immune to blind? Because they look like moles? That is a silly reason.
Every creature immune to a condition like embers/destroyers to burning, hylek to poison etc. also applies it. So it follows that dredge should be able to apply blinds too. Please fix this anet so I can enjoy lore immersion.

I always found it ironic that dredge are immune to blind, but are still fooled by stealth.

Nikaido.3457

I always found it ironic that dredge are immune to blind, but are still fooled by stealth.

Let’s hope a dev reads your post so that we can get that in a patch note :

- The Underground Facility fractal now inflicts a permanent revealed debuff.

Posted by: TheMaskedParadigm.3629

TheMaskedParadigm.3629

Let’s hope a dev reads your post so that we can get that in a patch note :

- The Underground Facility fractal now inflicts a permanent revealed debuff.

Make it lore friendly:

“The sonic periscopes created by Dredge engineers now triangulate your position at all times, causing you to gain a permanent ‘revealed’ debuff.”

Brazil
Youtube Channel – http://www.youtube.com/t3llularman

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

Heh. “Mistlock Instability 51: “For the Moletariate!” All Fractals will be the Dredge Fractal."

Posted by: robertul.3679

robertul.3679

Yes. They should be able to detect any kind of stealth because they have sensitive hearing.
As for being blind, what exactly makes you think that? The wiki can’t be trusted and their sources are shady at best. If they are based on real life moles, I’m sorry to inform you but they still retain visual capabilities and I’d be glad to direct you towards a scientific study in this regard if you are interested.
The new living story should actually focus on the dredge because we know so little about them. To honor them, all mobs in any dungeon or fractal, boss or otherwise, should be dredge.

Posted by: Ropechef.6192

Ropechef.6192

new mistlocks???

“no shadows” permanent reveal for duration of run
“burning banners” warrior banners burn on calling and do no buffing
“shattered mirrors” reflects don’t work.
“Elemental vacuum” elemental swap cool down is tripled.
“wrath of the lich” all conditions applied are applied to you.

I think I am going to be quiet now…….

Posted by: Black Box.9312

Black Box.9312

new mistlocks???

“no shadows” permanent reveal for duration of run
“burning banners” warrior banners burn on calling and do no buffing
“shattered mirrors” reflects don’t work.
“Elemental vacuum” elemental swap cool down is tripled.
“wrath of the lich” all conditions applied are applied to you.

I think I am going to be quiet now…….

Those two have already been datamined as existing instabilities that will be used in later fractals.

ArthurDent.9538

Have fun in grawl with no reflects.

14 Dungeon paths soloed
Wost Engi NA

LittleLepton.8915

Dredge with no stealth. Lol

You don’t know me.

#LilithFan#1

ArthurDent.9538

I have done 49 dredge with no stealth once and it was surprisingly not the worst thing ever, thank goodness we didn’t get bombs though.

14 Dungeon paths soloed
Wost Engi NA

LittleLepton.8915

I have done 49 dredge with no stealth once and it was surprisingly not the worst thing ever, thank goodness we didn’t get bombs though.

Yeah it isn’t bad with cannons, but bombs? I’d just quit. Lol

You don’t know me.

#LilithFan#1

Posted by: TheMaskedParadigm.3629

TheMaskedParadigm.3629

People need to l2bombs. Dredge with no stealth isn’t really an inconvenience or problem. No reflects means you actually have to rely on a mechanic that most people are unaware of (dodging).

Brazil
Youtube Channel – http://www.youtube.com/t3llularman

LittleLepton.8915

People need to l2bombs. Dredge with no stealth isn’t really an inconvenience or problem. No reflects means you actually have to rely on a mechanic that most people are unaware of (dodging).

I’m bad, and I feel bad.

:(

You don’t know me.

#LilithFan#1

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

Stealth applies to sound just as much as it does sight.

Posted by: The Mexican Cookie.3690

The Mexican Cookie.3690

I’m bad, and I feel bad.

:(

Tell your team to sit back and twiddle their thumbs, then go grab a bomb. Run that bomb to the wall and then die. Rotate through party members, or just repeat by yourself until the wall drops. Extra for Experts: Do it naked so that you don’t have to repair your armour afterwards. Depending on coordination of the team and the classes you have, there are faster ways. But this is braindead easy and it saves people getting frustrated while they drown in dredge.

…Unless they changed this in my month of not logging in.

#LoveArrows2013, never forget.

(edited by The Mexican Cookie.3690)

Posted by: CntrlAltDefeat.1465

CntrlAltDefeat.1465

How do you know when a dungeon has become unfun?..when players find every exploit possible to finish it.

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

People exploited dungeons for reasons other than them being not fun. There are people who exploit paths in Arah solo so they can sell spots for the last boss. People did the 3-in-1 for CoE because it was quick. People do various exploits to dumb down mechanics because it’s easier and requires less effort.