There are already "no necros" groups on EU

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: UBcktieDL.5318

UBcktieDL.5318

Do we really need to repeat these mistakes?

Posted by: Amaimon.7823

Amaimon.7823

this topic has zero information.

If this is a complain topic, the necro’s are doing fine. people are overreacting. The necro’s are fine. Take a deep breath. Repeat after me
The necros are fine.

Now, people are overreacting, its what people love to do. If there are people barring a necro from groups, let them. If you’re a necro, you’re too good for them.

Necromancer
We feel that necromancers have been faring quite well gamewide, providing play and counterplay in many spots over the last few months. In addition to a couple of minor bug fixes, we wanted to improve the viability of necromancer power builds, which have been somewhat lacking in presence.
Rending Claws: The damage of this ability has been increased by 15%.
Ghastly Claws: The damage of this ability has been increased by 13%.
Unholy Feast: The number of boons converted to conditions has been increased from 1 to 2.
Fading Twilight: The aftercast of this ability has been reduced by 0.11 seconds.
Chilling Scythe: The aftercast of this ability has been reduced by 0.06 seconds.
Death Spiral: The damage of this ability has been increased by 66%.
Blood Is Power: The recharge time of this ability has been reduced from 30 seconds to 20 seconds in PvP only.
Signet of Vampirism: When the Signets of Suffering trait is equipped, this skill will no longer corrupt boons on players who evade it.
Lich Form—Jagged Horrors: These minions will no longer lose health over time and will instead die 30 seconds after they’re summoned.

See, there’s hardly anything I would consider a nerf in here. if anything, this is a list of buffs

Posted by: DrEckers.2039

DrEckers.2039

cough

Lich Form—Jagged Horrors: These minions will no longer lose health over time and will instead die 30 seconds after they’re summoned.

See, there’s hardly anything I would consider a nerf in here. if anything, this is a list of buffs

cough

Posted by: Absurdo.8309

Absurdo.8309

If this is a complain topic, the necro’s are doing fine. people are overreacting. The necro’s are fine. Take a deep breath. Repeat after me
The necros are fine.

Now, people are overreacting, its what people love to do. If there are people barring a necro from groups, let them. If you’re a necro, you’re too good for them.

Necromancer
We feel that necromancers have been faring quite well gamewide, providing play and counterplay in many spots over the last few months. In addition to a couple of minor bug fixes, we wanted to improve the viability of necromancer power builds, which have been somewhat lacking in presence.
Unholy Feast: The number of boons converted to conditions has been increased from 1 to 2.
Fading Twilight: The aftercast of this ability has been reduced by 0.11 seconds.
Chilling Scythe: The aftercast of this ability has been reduced by 0.06 seconds.
Blood Is Power: The recharge time of this ability has been reduced from 30 seconds to 20 seconds in PvP only.
Signet of Vampirism: When the Signets of Suffering trait is equipped, this skill will no longer corrupt boons on players who evade it.

The lich form nerf is a huge nerf to the meta condi build.

And I seriously doubt the power buffs make it on par with other power builds.

Posted by: NovaanVerdiano.6174

NovaanVerdiano.6174

Amaimon, are you serious? Lmao
The Jagged Horror nerf was absolutely huge, though the problem here isn’t the fact they killed that off, the problem is the missing damage wasn’t compensated anywhere else (which they probably can’t without blowing up damage in WvW/PvP…)
Axe is still a kitten weapon in PvE and I’d go as far as saying that the damage buffs were pretty much a distraction with the unholy feast buff being the only good thing about it, which again is not required in PvE. BiP and SoV-changes are completely unrelated to PvE anyway and the GS buffs aren’t big either. Leaves them gutting jagged horrors.

That being said, I personally haven’t seen any “no necro” lfgs yet and I hope it stays that way.

Posted by: Walhalla.5473

Walhalla.5473

The Buffs aren’t enough to compensate for the Jagged Horror Nerf. The Horrors were a good Source of Condition Damage and now they die after 30 Seconds, even worse, this also hits the Death Nova Horrors, nerfing a Trait with this.

The Buffs on Axe are meh. Axe wasn’t a good Weapon in PvE and it needs bigger Buffs to be viable.
The GS Buffs. First the Aftercast reduction is….. clos to nothing. 0.11 Seconds is something you may notice but 0.06 is literally nothing.
Death Spirals Damage was kitten back then and even after the 66% Buff its not that good to make Power Necros viable.

Walhalla.5473

Ok tested the Condi Necro a bit. DPS on target Golem got cut to around 17- 18k ( can be queezed to 1 or 2k more by better Players than me ).
On smaller Fights Lich Form is more DPS than Fleshgolem but on longer Fights the Fleshgolem is quite a bit better on DPS as far as I see it in the Tests. ( difference is very low tbh ). Bit more testing needed but I think that Condi Necro is rip now ( Epi can make it useful perhaps but other than that, the dying Minions are too much of a DPS-loss. )

NovaanVerdiano.6174

Ok tested the Condi Necro a bit. DPS on target Golem got cut to around 17- 18k ( can be queezed to 1 or 2k more by better Players than me ).
On smaller Fights Lich Form is more DPS than Fleshgolem but on longer Fights the Fleshgolem is quite a bit better on DPS as far as I see it in the Tests. ( difference is very low tbh ). Bit more testing needed but I think that Condi Necro is rip now ( Epi can make it useful perhaps but other than that, the dying Minions are too much of a DPS-loss. )

The change hit less hard for fractals than it did for raids due to the fights usually being shorter in the former, yes.
I personally don’t think necro is a good pick outside of matthias when it comes to raidbosses now, if you need condis engi and base ranger will probably be better, epi bounce strats didn’t really directly affected by this so in the end they’re still as valid on their own as they were before, the question being if it’s valid enough to take necros over something else for whatever may be needed.

Walhalla.5473

The change hit less hard for fractals than it did for raids due to the fights usually being shorter in the former, yes.
I personally don’t think necro is a good pick outside of matthias when it comes to raidbosses now, if you need condis engi and base ranger will probably be better, epi bounce strats didn’t really directly affected by this so in the end they’re still as valid on their own as they were before, the question being if it’s valid enough to take necros over something else for whatever may be needed.

Funny Thing is. Necros were alright in Raids but Fractal Players demanded a Nerf because of Epidemic. Now Necro got nerfed but it was on the Minions and not on Epi. A Nerf to Epi would have hit Necros harder in Fractals than in Raids because on many Raid-fights Necros can crap out Minions and they get good DPS because of it.

So People demanded a Fractal Nerf for Necro. They got a Raid Necro Nerf and Necros in Fractals are not really hit that hard. GG

NovaanVerdiano.6174

Funny Thing is. Necros were alright in Raids but Fractal Players demanded a Nerf because of Epidemic. Now Necro got nerfed but it was on the Minions and not on Epi. A Nerf to Epi would have hit Necros harder in Fractals than in Raids because on many Raid-fights Necros can crap out Minions and they get good DPS because of it.

So People demanded a Fractal Nerf for Necro. They got a Raid Necro Nerf and Necros in Fractals are not really hit that hard. GG

People who demand an epi nerf are probably not even sure as to WHY they demand it. It transfers a maximum of 25 of each condition with each cast, you still have some ramp up time for the condis in the first place (even more so now since you can’t move minions between fights as they’re most likely dead by that point for whenever it matters) and trash in fractals dies fast anyway, so it didn’t make much difference. Not all bosses have adds or at least not constantly either. Then there’s the bit of coordination required which plenty of pugs didn’t have either, though that’s not something that should be taken into account in this case imo.
Moving away from our DPS being reliant in any way/amount on AI which was kept alive by other player(s) is a good thing, the problem is they didn’t make up for it in any way. 20s cd for BiP in PvE probably would’ve been over the top as that’d lead to 13s~ cd when traited, but we should’ve gotten at least something. I’m aware they need to make sure it’s not completely over the top in WvW/PvP, but yeah…

Walhalla.5473

People who demand an epi nerf are probably not even sure as to WHY they demand it. It transfers a maximum of 25 of each condition with each cast, you still have some ramp up time for the condis in the first place (even more so now since you can’t move minions between fights as they’re most likely dead by that point for whenever it matters) and trash in fractals dies fast anyway, so it didn’t make much difference. Not all bosses have adds or at least not constantly either. Then there’s the bit of coordination required which plenty of pugs didn’t have either, though that’s not something that should be taken into account in this case imo.
Moving away from our DPS being reliant in any way/amount on AI which was kept alive by other player(s) is a good thing, the problem is they didn’t make up for it in any way. 20s cd for BiP in PvE probably would’ve been over the top as that’d lead to 13s~ cd when traited, but we should’ve gotten at least something. I’m aware they need to make sure it’s not completely over the top in WvW/PvP, but yeah…

Thing is, Anet can Split Skills between all 3 Gamemodes. So they could have buffed the Condi Weapons and Shroud 4 for example in PvE only. Or they could have buffed Power Necro enough to make up for the Nerf but they buffed Axe ( not enough ) and the Aftercast Buffs on GS are a Joke.

Posted by: Mitch.4781

Mitch.4781

Neither epidemic nor the minions needed a nerf. necro was still behind thief/guard and ele anyways in terms of pure dps. But whatever.

NovaanVerdiano.6174

Neither epidemic nor the minions needed a nerf. necro was still behind thief/guard and ele anyways in terms of pure dps. But whatever.

While the nerf wasn’t needed, I would very much prefer moving our damage from AI to our actual skills as to put more importance on active play and keeping your rotation right. Right now we just lost a sizeable chunk of dps with nothing to make up for it, though.

Posted by: Malediktus.3740

Malediktus.3740

I still see people looking for only 4 necroes and druid for t4 fracs. So nothing changed?

One of my 30 accounts (Malediktus.9250).

NovaanVerdiano.6174

I still see people looking for only 4 necroes and druid for t4 fracs. So nothing changed?

Should keep in mind that pugs are generally slow to adapt, to the point where it takes them up to a year to drop old/useless things.

I’m quite sure the OP was posting nonsense here or only saw a single group posting that in their LFG. The necro hit definitely was less hard for fractals too, but still quite bad.
Also, it still is pretty safe, it’s just even slower than before, but there’s players who value just getting through safely over getting through in a reasonable amount of time so meh.

Posted by: Zanjii.8214

Zanjii.8214

I Run today t4 with 4 necs 1 druid , it was like pre patch , easy and half fast , i dont See a Problem here

Posted by: Sublimatio.6981

Sublimatio.6981

I Run today t4 with 4 necs 1 druid , it was like pre patch , easy and half fast , i dont See a Problem here

why the druid though, you no longer need minions healed

NovaanVerdiano.6174

why the druid though, you no longer need minions healed

The necros might die while rise is on cooldown. :^)

Posted by: cranos.5913

cranos.5913

As far as I remember the old reaper build with epi bounce was about the best dps in game aside from ele on large hitboxes. Definitely not behind guard in any way tho.

I mean I get that they did this right, the absolute army of 20 minions at certain bosses near the end was prob something they wanted to avoid. However a smarter move, to not gut reaper entirely would’ve been a hard cap on minions where the old ones die once new ones spawn after you reached the cap or ofc just plainly lowering the cd on lich form drastically.

That way damage would be fine and one couldn’t absolutely abuse the ability either. But yeah, anet never nerfs small, do they…

Posted by: nightwulf.1986

nightwulf.1986

I’m going to hazard a guess and say the devs think that necros weren’t intended to have high uptime on over 10 jagged horrors. This was a scenario that was almost never present pre-hot. If they believe that, then there would be no need to compensate necros as the balance being done was reducing the edge case, overblown effectiveness of a skill in raids. Maintaining that number of jagged horrors is hardly done in open world, although in beta, people were achieving the same thing with the first iteration of “Rise!” before the minions became shambling horrors.

So if my theory is correct, it was emergent gameplay but unintended. Necros will need to adapt unless/until they give us another source of bleeds that is easier to balance. I may be wrong but it sounds reasonable in my head.

NovaanVerdiano.6174

I’m going to hazard a guess and say the devs think that necros weren’t intended to have high uptime on over 10 jagged horrors. This was a scenario that was almost never present pre-hot. If they believe that, then there would be no need to compensate necros as the balance being done was reducing the edge case, overblown effectiveness of a skill in raids. Maintaining that number of jagged horrors is hardly done in open world, although in beta, people were achieving the same thing with the first iteration of “Rise!” before the minions became shambling horrors.

So if my theory is correct, it was emergent gameplay but unintended. Necros will need to adapt unless/until they give us another source of bleeds that is easier to balance. I may be wrong but it sounds reasonable in my head.

I don’t think anyone is disagreeing with their reasoning behind this change. The problem is that necro simply doesn’t have anything else to go with now. Yeah we still have epi, great, that’s still something you can’t use 100% of the time and you need 2+ reapers to bounce conditions, so why bother taking them in raids with the decrease in dps? Even in fractals it’s probably not a good pick anymore if you’re looking to do stuff at a reasonable speed (haven’t played mine since the patch besides some fooling around at the dps golem so I might be wrong about this, but considering what others said I most likely am not)

Posted by: Mitch.4781

Mitch.4781

As far as I remember the old reaper build with epi bounce was about the best dps in game aside from ele on large hitboxes. Definitely not behind guard in any way tho.

I mean I get that they did this right, the absolute army of 20 minions at certain bosses near the end was prob something they wanted to avoid. However a smarter move, to not gut reaper entirely would’ve been a hard cap on minions where the old ones die once new ones spawn after you reached the cap or ofc just plainly lowering the cd on lich form drastically.

That way damage would be fine and one couldn’t absolutely abuse the ability either. But yeah, anet never nerfs small, do they…

No. Epidemic is completely situational. On the Golems DPS test, Guard is waay ahead. Can Necro jump ahead using Epi on things like Sloth and Trio? Momentarily Yes but it’s never constant and sustained as you rely on Adds to make it work. But against single target kills and smaller groups it is one of the lower dps classes. However, I still like the class and won’t kick them from my groups simply because epi is good and necros are also usefull in snaring mobs in Gors and Escort for example. I almost always have a necro holding the last spirit on Gors.

I still don’t really see the need for nerfing the minions. On the rare occasions where you can build up a decent amount, Necro’s are STILL behind several other classes and people still wipe to bosses. We already had a nerfing to RISE. Not sure what the thinking was behind this at all.

(edited by Mitch.4781)

Posted by: cranos.5913

cranos.5913

No. Epidemic is completely situational. on the Golems DPS test Guard is waay ahead. Can Necro jump ahead using Epi on things like Sloth and Trio? Yes but against single target kills and smaller groups it is one of the lower dps classes.

The epi bounce is good on Sabetha, sloth, trio, escort, xera and even on VG it works decently. At matthias the class has different strengths. Necro was up there with the other dps classes and often one of the best picks. Definitely not “lagging behind” or lower dps in any case.

Posted by: Zenith.7301

Zenith.7301

The necros are fine.

Necromancer

The lich form nerf is a huge nerf to the meta condi build.

And I seriously doubt the power buffs make it on par with other power builds.

Axe is garbage, and the anemic buffs to its already abysmal damage won’t change the fact that necromancer power weapons are trash.

Trash just like this class balance patch.

Posted by: afrocrusade.4253

afrocrusade.4253

The necros are fine.

Necromancer

This post has 0 understanding of Necromancer.

Lich form was 15-35% of Necromancer DPS after rampup. Without the horrors, Necromancer is, as a class, dead in the water. This is undeniable.

Amaimon.7823

The necros are fine.

Necromancer

This post has 0 understanding of Necromancer.

Lich form was 15-35% of Necromancer DPS after rampup. Without the horrors, Necromancer is, as a class, dead in the water. This is undeniable.

This reply has 0 adaptibility or desire to continue to function. You’re like a machine where if a big cog gets replaced by 2 small cogs it stops working altogether, even though it’s just fine.

I mentioned it before, but I feel you’re in need of the same story:
We already killed VG and Gorseval post-patch with 2 necros (1 of which was a reaper) and we killed it no slower than before. So having 2 necros in your party post patch doesn’t make you any slower than before in killing at least the first 2 bosses (we’re talking VG with about a minute left, and Gorseval using the rush-damage-to-avoid-world-decay)

(edited by Amaimon.7823)

NovaanVerdiano.6174

Amaimon, did it come to your mind that the lower necromancer dps was offset by something else? It’s a fact we have lower dps now, so if everything else were to be the same it is impossible to clear in the same time. Your squad either stepped up their game and had better rotations and/or your rotation benefited from other changes that happened in this patch. Being closer to their original dps is more likely on VG though I guess.

Amaimon.7823

Amaimon, did it come to your mind that the lower necromancer dps was offset by something else? It’s a fact we have lower dps now, so if everything else were to be the same it is impossible to clear in the same time. Your squad either stepped up their game and had better rotations and/or your rotation benefited from other changes that happened in this patch. Being closer to their original dps is more likely on VG though I guess.

In your case, it still doesn’t matter. What matters is that as a team you can clear the raid bosses, which i’ve seen with my own eyes is still very much possible if 20% of that setup is necro. The team effort undermines the individual effort. Maybe its something for pugs then, but if you play with friends or a dedicated raid guild like I do (RTI) its not a problem.

I’m trying to remember what we had.. 2 warriors, 2 necros, a druid.. at VG we had 3 eles, one of them swapped later to something else.. can’t remember exactly anymore..

NovaanVerdiano.6174

In your case, it still doesn’t matter. What matters is that as a team you can clear the raid bosses, which i’ve seen with my own eyes is still very much possible if 20% of that setup is necro. The team effort undermines the individual effort. Maybe its something for pugs then, but if you play with friends or a dedicated raid guild like I do (RTI) its not a problem.

Well yes, but then we are back to the point that “everything works”. The issue is that necro REALLY falls flat in comparison to other classes and there are not many reasons to bring one now, none for plenty of encounters even. A class that’s difficulty-wise on par with half the other classes in the game while dishing out the same or even significantly lower damage and not bringing any utility to the table means necro is a in sad state. Doesn’t matter if you can still pick it or not, necro needs love because being the pretty much the bottom at everything is nothing that can be called balance. Not to mention the point of not wanting to cripple yourself by taking something that’s significantly weaker also holds true for plenty of people.

Posted by: fishball.7204

fishball.7204

The original statement wasn’t even about being able to clear VG or not, it’s about necro getting nerfed which it clearly did.

You literally wrote

Which is patently false since there’s a massive 10k+ DPS drop on condi necro while not really giving power necros any meaningful buffs.

You got called out on your obvious lack of necro knowledge, deal with it.

FOR THE GREEEEEEEEEEEEN

Posted by: Vaelen.5294

Vaelen.5294

Necro still does its role of Condi damage though and Epi. Necro wasn’t nearly as nerfed as bad as the Rev. I mean it still makes sense to run at least 1 necro in group comps. But how does Burnzerker in Full Vipers do up on dps compared to necros?

(edited by Vaelen.5294)

NovaanVerdiano.6174

Necro wasn’t nearly as nerfed as bad as the Rev.

Uhm lol no