Thief Solo Lupi

Thief Solo Lupi

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: zengara.8301

zengara.8301

With the current new system it seems like thief dont have enough dodges? I have looked it over and over, even with 4x daggers 2 of them energy sigils, there still doesnt seem to be enough? Ofc this is with wall and daggerstorm + all traits that even remotely help towards a increased dodge, but seems like it burn out to fast since it is not spread out but targeted to a single dodge.

Any thoughts? I might be very wrong on this subject btw, but really dont see how.

Thief Solo Lupi

Posted by: bladex.9502

bladex.9502

Its still possible, but its more RNG now.
You just have to be lucky that he doesn’t use 4 autoattacks in a row, because if he does, you’re kittened

Thief Solo Lupi

zengara.8301

Ohh…….seems like all he does is mainly 4 autoattacks, and even so, in the timer between 10-15 minutes of non 4 autoattacks seems rather impossible?

Thief Solo Lupi

Posted by: Jerus.4350

Jerus.4350

Stompy posted that he got it done, so I’m sure he may have some tips or can at least confirm it’s possible. Just no more rolling around carelessly.

Thief Solo Lupi

Posted by: ArthurDent.9538

ArthurDent.9538

Go perma stealth with caltrops, he doesn’t even fight back ez pz.

Note: I don’t endorse using this method but it does let you solo pretty much any boss that doesn’t have a dps check such as simin or brie.

14 Dungeon paths soloed
Lupi solos on 9/9 professions
Wost Engi NA

Thief Solo Lupi

Posted by: Lord Kuru.3685

Lord Kuru.3685

Sword/dagger 3 evade doesn’t give enough evades?

Is it possible with death blossom, or is the 1/4 second evade too short because of lag?

Thief Solo Lupi

Posted by: SlyDevil.3952

SlyDevil.3952

Death blossom works on his bolt, but you can just use CnD and wait on the backstab to regen energy in stealth. And you need to pre-empt the bolt to dodge it.

Thief Solo Lupi

Posted by: Stompy.1387

Stompy.1387

Sorry I didn’t see this thread earlier

Death blossom works on his bolt, but you can just use CnD and wait on the backstab to regen energy in stealth. And you need to pre-empt the bolt to dodge it.

Pretty much this. Honestly you don’t even really need that good of RNG.. going Trickery/Acro/Crit, if you make sure to never waste a dodge then you shouldn’t need to Death Blossom.

On the other hand, I’m currently doing Trickery/Crit/DA and I’ve found that it’s also possible w/o energy sigils. You just need to be tricky with using CnD/BS at the right times to delay his autos, and the occasional Death Blossom. Right before I typed this, I got him to like 51% at about 2:35 (well ahead of my pre bug WR pace) and I died… was like 1 millisecond away from a dodge, should have used Withdraw instead Q.Q

btw, if your ping/reaction time is good enough you don’t have to preemptively dodge, you can reactively dodge

Thief Solo Lupi

Posted by: dboylolz.3916

dboylolz.3916

I decided to try it a couple of times, and I definitely find it better with Trickery than Acrobatics. For P2 I’ve found that if you dodge every attack you need some RNG, but nothing special compared to before; it is still a huge rngfest with the AoEs when he does Frenzied Blast and like before if you don’t want to spam your dodges to survive you’ll get killed by them sometimes which is why I could see Trickery/Acro/Crit being the goto build for casual solos since you can just safely avoid the AoEs by spamming dodges. I also found it much easier to do P2 by not dodging his swipe and saving dodges for the autoattack. And lastly, if you’re out of dodges you can always stay in stealth for a second or two and wait a bit for cooldowns/endurance.

Thief Solo Lupi

zengara.8301

Going stealth with lupi is rather risky, at the moment he is bugged, even ussing cloak and dagger for damage only is a risk.

I will try it a few times more with the reomended settings, but I tried acrobatics + trickery, and seems like still not enough dodges even when only dodging for evade, the you can not get a evade endurance with AOE.

Thief Solo Lupi

dboylolz.3916

What do you mean it’s risky to go stealth on lupi? lol

Thief Solo Lupi

zengara.8301

While he is bugged, he does reset really fast, not abonormal thing that he walks towards his normal position while you uuse cloak and dagger for damage and press 1 fast.

-But I would like to know if anyone in game can solo him in here with thief? would aprecieate it alot! Message me in game if anyone can, I will do the whole path, just teach me how to solo with new traits (I normaly did solo him on a somewhat daily basis, so not new, just unexperienced with the new traits).

Thief Solo Lupi

dboylolz.3916

While he is bugged, he does reset really fast, not abonormal thing that he walks towards his normal position while you uuse cloak and dagger for damage and press 1 fast.

-But I would like to know if anyone in game can solo him in here with thief? would aprecieate it alot! Message me in game if anyone can, I will do the whole path, just teach me how to solo with new traits (I normaly did solo him on a somewhat daily basis, so not new, just unexperienced with the new traits).

He never resets for me when I CnD unless I’m doing some weird stuff and moving him. I can post a video in a couple of hours when I have time to show you how to solo him with DA, CS and Trickery

Thief Solo Lupi

Posted by: SlyDevil.3952

SlyDevil.3952

Sometimes he’ll turn around and start returning to his start position when you stealth, if you get incredibly unlucky he’ll just reset when you go into stealth. Incredibly rare for either occurrence though, I think it’s mainly when you are stealthing too far away from his ‘spawn’, after he’s done some shadow walking.

Thief Solo Lupi

dboylolz.3916

Sometimes he’ll turn around and start returning to his start position when you stealth, if you get incredibly unlucky he’ll just reset when you go into stealth. Incredibly rare for either occurrence though, I think it’s mainly when you are stealthing too far away from his ‘spawn’, after he’s done some shadow walking.

Yeah, I know it happens sometimes, but it just very rarely happens to me. That’s what I meant.

Thief Solo Lupi

zengara.8301

Yeah a video would be awesome aswell :P

Thief Solo Lupi

Posted by: Raven.3248

Raven.3248

you can always push him around. should give you a second or 2 more when you need it.

Just another Arah veteran

Thief Solo Lupi

dboylolz.3916

https://youtu.be/8S53wB2ZfPw

Died on my first attempt because of the phase transition, so there’s still RNG involved like there always has been unless you go some kittened build with energy sigils and traits.

Thief Solo Lupi

Posted by: Kirito.6490

Kirito.6490

Much easier way to solo Lupi as thief:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xPZvXKAiZxw

I need a few minutes more than Abe but i think that´s not a shame ;D

(edited by Kirito.6490)

Thief Solo Lupi

Posted by: dlonie.6547

dlonie.6547

I literally hurt every time I see smoke screen go down right before a ph3 AoE life steal. Everyone seems to do it, and it’s just….ow, lol.

Nice solos, both of ya — nothing is more fun than a thief in Arah