Thief in Arah

Thief in Arah

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Pip.2094

Pip.2094

Hello.
Anyone can suggest me some good build in Arah as Thief?

\||||||/
O°v°O

Thief in Arah

Posted by: Infamous Darkness.3284

Infamous Darkness.3284

10/30/0/0/30 is a build a friend of mine runs and we generally do arah 1-2 daily, although his advice on every boss in the game is don’t get hit.

Infamous Culverin(engi[Main]), one of every other class.
Karl Marx: “Go away! Last words are for fools who haven’t said enough!”

Thief in Arah

Posted by: Nike Porphyrogenita.8137

Nike Porphyrogenita.8137

25/30/0/0/15 or 30/30/0/0/10 are the only viable pve dungeon builds for a thief.

Death and Taxes [DnT]
http://www.twitch.tv/nike_dnt
DnT is Recruiting – http://www.dtguilds.com/

Thief in Arah

Posted by: Luke.2643

Luke.2643

It mostly depends if you run around solo or in a party. 25 30 0 15 0 is all you need to solo stuff, and the extra might from dodging makes up for the dps lost for not having 10 in trickery (extra dmg from behind or the side).
In a party you can afford a 25 30 0 0 15.

(edited by Luke.2643)

Thief in Arah

Posted by: Stooperdale.3560

Stooperdale.3560

“25/30/0/0/15 or 30/30/0/0/10 are the only viable pve dungeon builds for a thief.”

That’s the build for perfect dodging and evades which will not suit someone who has never seen the dungeon before. In dungeons there is quite a lot of build flexibility for thieves and you can put some points into either acrobatics or shadow arts for some survivability.

Thief in Arah

Posted by: Luke.2643

Luke.2643

I’m not sure how putting 30 in trickery would help him in any way. If you need more survivability you can just put 10 or 15 in acrobatics and you’re done, but 25 30 0 0 0 should always be the core of the build.

Thief in Arah

Posted by: Clumsy.6257

Clumsy.6257

“25/30/0/0/15 or 30/30/0/0/10 are the only viable pve dungeon builds for a thief.”

That’s the build for perfect dodging and evades which will not suit someone who has never seen the dungeon before. In dungeons there is quite a lot of build flexibility for thieves and you can put some points into either acrobatics or shadow arts for some survivability.

those are the only viable builds, the noob build is 25/30/0/15/0, any build other than these is purposely reducing your effectiveness

Thief in Arah

Posted by: Dahkeus.8243

Dahkeus.8243

Honestly, don’t worry about your build. If you want to do well in Arah, learn the fights and know which utility skills are useful and where.

To this extent, smoke screen is a great skill to have for a lot of encounters there. There are a lot of projectiles and a lot of trash mobs that hit really hard. Smoke screen can save you and your group with the right use.

People love to get caught up on builds, especially on forums, but having a group of people that know the fight mechanics of the dungeon will always, always be more important than what build or classes you bring into a dungeon.

Thief in Arah

Posted by: Black Box.9312

Black Box.9312

Honestly, don’t worry about your build. If you want to do well in Arah, learn the fights and know which utility skills are useful and where.

To this extent, smoke screen is a great skill to have for a lot of encounters there. There are a lot of projectiles and a lot of trash mobs that hit really hard. Smoke screen can save you and your group with the right use.

People love to get caught up on builds, especially on forums, but having a group of people that know the fight mechanics of the dungeon will always, always be more important than what build or classes you bring into a dungeon.

I agree with this. The utilities you bring are far more important than the exact build you run. That being said, I run a 10/30/0/15/15 and it seems to suit me just fine.

Thief in Arah

Infamous Darkness.3284

25/30/0/0/15 or 30/30/0/0/10 are the only viable pve dungeon builds for a thief.

could you please explain to me how either 30 points or 25 points in deadly arts is worth sacrificing the 30 points in trickery as the trickery bonus is up to 15% more damage from lead strikes trait as well as providing group might, fury, swiftness, and vigor (and a daze I guess) on a 21 sec cooldown, is the reason that it works better is because you don’t lose out on your damage boost from exposed weakness when you are mashing out heart seeker on a boss under 50% health for the executioner trait? or is the power given through the deadly arts trait line enough to offset the extra 5%?

Thief in Arah

Posted by: Clumsy.6257

Clumsy.6257

could you please explain to me how either 30 points or 25 points in deadly arts is worth sacrificing the 30 points in trickery as the trickery bonus is up to 15% more damage from lead strikes trait as well as providing group might, fury, swiftness, and vigor (and a daze I guess) on a 21 sec cooldown, is the reason that it works better is because you don’t lose out on your damage boost from exposed weakness when you are mashing out heart seeker on a boss under 50% health for the executioner trait? or is the power given through the deadly arts trait line enough to offset the extra 5%?

lead attacks is 1% damage bonus per initiative, that being said the majority of d/d damage comes from using CnD+BS meaning very rarely will you have that 15 initiative, typically you only aim to have 7 initiative to get the 10% bonus, meaning from lead attacks you have 7% damage bonus, if you invested in deadly arts you would have 15% damage + 250 power making 30 points in trickery a 250 power + 8% damage loss which is fairly significant

Thief in Arah

Infamous Darkness.3284

I see very interesting thank you for the explanation

Thief in Arah

Posted by: Dolan.3071

Dolan.3071

I agree with this. The utilities you bring are far more important than the exact build you run. That being said, I run a 10/30/0/15/15 and it seems to suit me just fine.

I run the 14/14/14/14/14 build, I think it’s really good and suits my playstyle.

Uriel Asther ~ Warrior | Kaya Lereau ~ Elementalist | Natalie Fox ~ Thief
Skye Eterna ~ Mesmer | Arya Slade ~ Charrdian | Kiera Thine ~ Ranger
Oceanic ~ [LOD] [Noob]

Thief in Arah

Infamous Darkness.3284

I run the 14/14/14/14/14 build, I think it’s really good and suits my playstyle.

do you run all celestial gear too bro, you know its all about balance…

Thief in Arah

Posted by: Cynz.9437

Cynz.9437

10/30/0/0/30 is a build a friend of mine runs and we generally do arah 1-2 daily, although his advice on every boss in the game is don’t get hit.

that applies to any thief build lol

All is Vain~
[Teef] guild :>

Thief in Arah

Posted by: lunyboy.8672

lunyboy.8672

that applies to any thief build lol

Except for the Special Snowflake downed DPS build, of course.

DON’T REZ ME BRO!

Miss Fisthammer – Engineer | Urgard Fistorsen – Guardian
Physti – Elementalist | Fistful of Blades – Thief
[WHIP] Quaggan Slavers – HoD