Thiefs in Duneons and Group PvE?

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: LATVIAN.7853

LATVIAN.7853

Hi
Are thiefs useful for group PvE and dungeons? or are they not meant for that?
What skills can they bring to the table when doing dungeons and group pve?

Could anybody give me some insight on this.

Thank You

Posted by: dmt.3490

dmt.3490

Check out this guide. Even though it’s supposed to be for “support” thieves, the guide pretty much covers everything you need to know for any kind of thief in dungeons.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/thief/Kirin-s-Guide-for-Aspiring-PVE-Support-Thieves/first

LATVIAN.7853

ok thanks.
But do people take thiefs in groups and dungeons coz I dont wanna roll a thief then find out im having a hard time finding groups for dungeons.

Posted by: Takato.4976

Takato.4976

I main thief, and not once have I had a problem finding a group.

LATVIAN.7853

do u find dungeons good with thief?

Posted by: juggulator.2907

juggulator.2907

Thieves are quite useful in dungeons due to some utility skills. Number one would be Shadow Refuge,then you have Smoke Screen (and other related or similar utilities) and Scorpion Wire. Depending on your traits you can be quite supportive of your groupies.

Posted by: Takato.4976

Takato.4976

I do, the guide dmt linked to sums up nicely why thieves are really good in dungeons.
I wouldn’t worry too much about class composition.
If you have any problems, the issue is the person not allowing you in, just find someone else. I’d run dungeons with 5 thieves, I see no problem.

EDIT : Black Powder is also 2 good.

Posted by: Sera.6539

Sera.6539

Please don’t use Signet of Shadows in a dungeon. The 25% movement isn’t needed that much, and from what I hear, the active isn’t that good either. I have seen countless thieves use it and never activate it. They are also the same ones I see dying regardless of that movement speed. Unless you’re skipping a whole lot of mobs, leave it out of your utilities for something else.

Gelda Nebilim – Nagare [NGE] – Crystal Desert
http://youtube.com/user/Royblazer

Posted by: Rekia.1480

Rekia.1480

I have a thief main as well and I’ve never had trouble finding a group. I think thieves bring a lot to a group as well. We are pretty good at reviving our comrades with shadow refuge, we can single pull enemies with scorpion wire, we can ranged or melee effectively, single target or AE, and we’re pretty good at not dying, which is always a plus in a group.