This is getting Ridiculous

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Slowpokeking.8720

Slowpokeking.8720

I understand some ppl want level 80 for all the explorable mode dungeon, even AC. But many just join and leave immediately after seeing this AC group is not level 80. Today my alt saw the lfg group, I joined asap and I was going to use my level 80 to run the dungeon. But I got kicked before I could even speak. WOW.

How come it’s going to ridiculous? The player or the difficulty of the exp dungeon, I will say some bosses in AC indeed are quite easy to wipe for even 40-50s like the Spider Queen.

Posted by: spoj.9672

spoj.9672

Type faster.

Ive never had a problem when ive joined with a character which didnt fit the description because i expect to be kicked within 20 seconds or less. If you just say “switching” most people will realise what you mean.

(edited by spoj.9672)

Posted by: laokoko.7403

laokoko.7403

it takes longer.

Try it yourself. use a low level character and do AC with other low levels. I did that for a good month. And it indeed take “much” longer.

hack, many new players dont’ even know where AC is. Many times I spend a good 15 minutes just waiting for some low level to find where the entrance of AC is. While a good experienced group of level80 can clear AC in 15 minutes.

Obviously if you are so good that you can solo AC fast, it wont’ take long to carry some low levels.

Slowpokeking.8720

it takes longer.

Try it yourself. use a low level character and do AC with other low levels. I did that for a good month. And it indeed take “much” longer.

hack, many new players dont’ even know where AC is. Many times I spend a good 15 minutes just waiting for some low level to find where the entrance of AC is. While a good experienced group of level80 can clear AC in 15 minutes.

Obviously if you are so good that you can solo AC fast, it wont’ take long to carry some low levels.

But if even AC was filled with 80 zerkers, how are the low level ppl going to find much fun in exp dungeon?? Wasn’t it designed mainly for level 35+? Even to lowbies, the best way is to switch in the end of the run to get the exp.

laokoko.7403

it takes longer.

But if even AC was filled with 80 zerkers, how are the low level ppl going to find much fun in exp dungeon?? Wasn’t it designed mainly for level 35+? Even to lowbies, the best way is to switch in the end of the run to get the exp.

well you know, I spend a good month doing AC on my low level. And the party is always filled in a few minutes. So it’s not like those people should have a problem finding a group.

And the truth is many low level rage quit after a few wipes anyway. People are people. Many low level people only want a smooth run just like high level people.

Those low level people are the same people as high level people, they are just not level80 yet.

I dont’ like the system myself. Anet seems to think everyone should play with everyone. It’s just how they design their game.

(edited by laokoko.7403)

Posted by: Casmurro.9046

Casmurro.9046

Dungeons have always been content for lvl 80s. When i started playing i was only doing story mode dungeons on my first character until i got to lvl 80 and kept doing other stuff to lvl up. If you join a dungeon group on a low lvl character you are basically being carried. Now with the changes to traits and stats to new characters it is even worse.

If you want to lvl up your alt in dungeons just switch characters when the last boss is almost dead, that way you will be more useful and will stop leeching, or keep pugging with your alt but dont expect that full lvl 80 groups welcome you with open arms, run then with other lowbies too ^^

Slowpokeking.8720

it takes longer.

well you know, I spend a good month doing AC on my low level. And the party is always filled in a few minutes. So it’s not like those people should have a problem finding a group.

And the truth is many low level rage quit after a few wipes anyway. People are people. Many low level people only want a smooth run just like high level people.

Those low level people are the same people as high level people, they are just not level80 yet.

I dont’ like the system myself. Anet seems to think everyone should play with everyone. It’s just how they design their game.

Actually, I saw many 80s quit after a wipe when the rest of the run is totally fine.

laokoko.7403

it takes longer.

Actually, I saw many 80s quit after a wipe when the rest of the run is totally fine.

well you know, that’s why I say people are people.

Posted by: NeoVaris.4806

NeoVaris.4806

Type faster.

Ive never had a problem when ive joined with a character which didnt fit the description because i expect to be kicked within 20 seconds or less. If you just say “switching” most people will realise what you mean.

I remember you getting kicked very fast when you were playing on NA. As for the OP, just make your own group. I’m sure you’ll get people to join who either don’t care or are in the same position as you. Just don’t expect the run to go smoothly.

[HC]

Slowpokeking.8720

Dungeons have always been content for lvl 80s. When i started playing i was only doing story mode dungeons on my first character until i got to lvl 80 and kept doing other stuff to lvl up. If you join a dungeon group on a low lvl character you are basically being carried. Now with the changes to traits and stats to new characters it is even worse.

If you want to lvl up your alt in dungeons just switch characters when the last boss is almost dead, that way you will be more useful and will stop leeching, or keep pugging with your alt but dont expect that full lvl 80 groups welcome you with open arms, run then with other lowbies too ^^

No, AC exp is 35+, the mobs are level 35.

laokoko.7403

No, AC exp is 35+, the mobs are level 35.

well you know, do it with other level 35 then. That’s what I did for a good month when I have nothing else to do.

Posted by: Purple Miku.7032

Purple Miku.7032

It kinda depends on what you’re doing… and how long you take to type.

If you’re doing AC and join on a low level then nobody’s going to assume you’ll swap since it’s an introduction-type of a dungeon and lots of noobs tend to join them. If you join on a low level for one of the later dungeons like Arah, I think most people will wait at the very least a few seconds before kicking. Could be wrong but whatever.

Either way, people can do what they want. If they don’t wanna play with somebody then they should have every right to refuse them. Kicking somebody towards the end? That’s another thing and it’s pretty mean.

Slowpokeking.8720

it takes longer.

well you know, that’s why I say people are people.

I prefer to change it some way, make some bosses easier for “lowbies”(Spider queen is even hard for 40-50+), and give lowbies(no more than 10 levels higher than the requirement) more bonus rewards.

Slowpokeking.8720

If you’re doing AC and join on a low level then nobody’s going to assume you’ll swap since it’s an introduction-type of a dungeon and lots of noobs tend to join them. If you join on a low level for one of the later dungeons like Arah, I think most people will wait at the very least a few seconds before kicking. Could be wrong but whatever.

Either way, people can do what they want. If they don’t wanna play with somebody then they should have every right to refuse them. Kicking somebody towards the end? That’s another thing and it’s pretty mean.

Actually AC was 35+, my character was 52.
Sure they can do, but maybe the game should make some change when a basic 35+ dungeon was filled with level 80s, even 50+ 60+ became “lowbies”.

Posted by: Lord Kuru.3685

Lord Kuru.3685

At level 52 players have 4 trait points and pretty much never are geared to level. It’s not surprising people think you’re dragging down the party.

Posted by: Jerus.4350

Jerus.4350

Actually AC was 35+, my character was 52.
Sure they can do, but maybe the game should make some change when a basic 35+ dungeon was filled with level 80s, even 50+ 60+ became “lowbies”.

When Gm traits got moved to lvl 80?

Slowpokeking.8720

At level 52 players have 4 trait points and pretty much never are geared to level. It’s not surprising people think you’re dragging down the party.

But it is a level 35+ dungeon, shouldn’kittens difficulty be based on level 35 players? If even a level 50+ player could not do it well, then level 35 would have a very hard time.

If Anet thinks this is a level 80 dungeon, why not set it to level 80 only?

Slowpokeking.8720

A level 35+ dungeon should be something like
level 35-40 a kittenallenging but not too hard since it’s the first exp dungeon.
level 50+ Quite easy
level 80 faceroll

But right now the situation is not like this.

Posted by: oxtred.7658

oxtred.7658

It’s exactly like this. However most people are looking for efficient runs, and being uplevel means your dps is extremely low. The dungeon is easy even with uplevels; it’s just longer.

If you’re on EU and need help to get into dungeons, pm me.

Posted by: Linken.6345

Linken.6345

there is no uplevel in normal pve thats only WvW and spvp.

I done ac and have had a lvl 31 warrior in my group before npe and he was better then the lvl80 zerker…. why you might ask he stayed on his feet and kept killing things.

Remember a 7.5k ap thief complaining that we wiped on kholer he left when he died the second try and the rest of us completed that boss on 4.

Talked to him about it and his defence was well the rest of the group wasent zerkers so he couldent stay alive when boss started to attack back

Slowpokeking.8720

there is no uplevel in normal pve thats only WvW and spvp.

I done ac and have had a lvl 31 warrior in my group before npe and he was better then the lvl80 zerker…. why you might ask he stayed on his feet and kept killing things.

Remember a 7.5k ap thief complaining that we wiped on kholer he left when he died the second try and the rest of us completed that boss on 4.

Talked to him about it and his defence was well the rest of the group wasent zerkers so he couldent stay alive when boss started to attack back

But most of the people don’t want a level 31, they get kicked right way usually.

Slowpokeking.8720

It’s exactly like this. However most people are looking for efficient runs, and being uplevel means your dps is extremely low. The dungeon is easy even with uplevels; it’s just longer.

If a level 50-60 player could not run a 35+ dungeon efficiently, then how is it not a problem?

oxtred.7658

When you’re able to complete a dungeon in 3, 4 minutes, even a 15 min run, something that was “efficient” the first day of this game, starts to be too slow for most people. Like every other problem, it has something to do with the lack of new content.

Posted by: Lindbur.2537

Lindbur.2537

That’s because a lv 50-60 still doesn’t have all resources available to them. You can’t expect efficiency when you don’t have what you need, can you?

A remnant of times past.
“Memories are nice, but that’s all they are.”

Posted by: Lord Kuru.3685

Lord Kuru.3685

But it is a level 35+ dungeon, shouldn’kittens difficulty be based on level 35 players? If even a level 50+ player could not do it well, then level 35 would have a very hard time.

If Anet thinks this is a level 80 dungeon, why not set it to level 80 only?

Content can only be played so many times before it gets boring. With lack of new dungeon content, the dungeons we have have long since hit that mark.

So people generally only do dungeons now for gold/tokens: they just want it done as fast and as efficient as possible.

Nothing can really be done about this except create new dungeons, but it’s already been confirmed that won’t be happening.

Posted by: Gaile Gray

Gaile Gray

ArenaNet Communications Manager

Next

I think it would be good to value both the journey and the rewards and not focus exclusively on the end result. The sub-80 you party with today, the sub-50 you teach the ropes, may become your new guildie or a valued fractal/dungeon partner in the future.

I take on board not everyone wants to go this route, but I think in the long run it can be quite rewarding in ways that are more valuable than gold and tokens.

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
Guild & Fansite Relations; In-Game Events
ArenaNet

Linken.6345

I think it would be good to value both the journey and the rewards and not focus exclusively on the end result. The sub-80 you party with today, the sub-50 you teach the ropes, may become your new guildie or a valued fractal/dungeon partner in the future.

I take on board not everyone wants to go this route, but I think in the long run it can be quite rewarding in ways that are more valuable than gold and tokens.

Hey Gaile you had take a dev to WvW how about take a dev to fractals or dungeons?

Posted by: Rozbuska.5263

Rozbuska.5263

I understand it can be a frustrating for new players but look at that from veteran player perspective. We run dungs because its profiting not because its fun and usualy with low levels, newbies what dont know strategy, players without speedrun builds those runs take much longer and that can be also pretty frustrating and some ppl simple dont have that patience to teach strategies and carry lowbies everytime thats all. When you run that dungeon every day past 2 years you wanna do it fast and smooth.

Tekkit Mojo – Engineer
Tekkit’s Workshop

Linken.6345

I understand it can be a frustrating for new players but look at that from veteran player perspective. We run dungs because its profiting not because its fun and usualy with low levels, newbies what dont know strategy, players without speedrun builds those runs take much longer and that can be also pretty frustrating and some ppl simple dont have that patience to teach strategies and carry lowbies everytime thats all. When you run that dungeon every day past 2 years you wanna do it fast and smooth.

Dont speak for everyone some of us old vets want the unpredictabitly there is with lowbies in group that dont know tactics to spice our runs up.
And why would you do something that aint fun? if all your after is profit maybe time to start flipping the tp?

Posted by: Rozbuska.5263

Rozbuska.5263

Dont speak for everyone some of us old vets want the unpredictabitly there is with lowbies in group that dont know tactics to spice our runs up.
And why would you do something that aint fun? if all your after is profit maybe time to start flipping the tp?

Because fliping is even more boring?:-)

Tekkit Mojo – Engineer
Tekkit’s Workshop

Posted by: Rising Dusk.2408

Rising Dusk.2408

I’ve lost count of the number of times that I’ve shown newer players the ropes and carried them through dungeons. I’ve always said, I’d rather a new player who will listen than a veteran who does his own thing and can’t read.

That said I completely understand where the others come from on this matter. Lowbies are seriously a liability in every dungeon both in DPS and in survivability, and when they don’t know mechanics (or still don’t understand them after they are explained), they can get a team killed pretty quickly and make the run a lot more painful. Furthermore, totally new players are simply unable to keep up with the stealth skips in a number of dungeon paths (most notably Arah, although if they’re L80 hopefully they learned something along the way). I can see both sides.

Ultimately, though, that’s why we have the LFG tool! Make the group you want, and if you join and plan on switching, have “swapping” on CnP so that the team knows what your plan is before they kick you for not reading. Works for me every time.

[VZ] Valor Zeal – Stormbluff Isle – Looking for steady, casual-friendly NA raiders!

laokoko.7403

He’s not joking. If it is a regular lvl80 pug group with dps gear. People can pretty much auto attack him before the group wipe.

I find GW2 beginner dungeon to be too confusing for new players. When I started doing intro dungeon in other mmorpg, I can simply find my ways through, and complete it without prior knowledge. I doubt a group of completely new players know what to do in AC without quite a few wipes.

And when people say most people dont’ want to group with low levels…. well if you are low level you can group with other low level. I dont’ have a problem forming a group called “LFM anyone welcome, or LFM low level group”. If you are low level and don’t want to group with low level yourself. Dont’ expect other people will.

Jerus.4350

I’d think you’d be surprised by this community and how open they are to helping people. But, there’s a big difference between “hey guys that know this stuff, could you please help/teach me?” and “The game should be changed so you guys have to help me!!!”

I was lucky enough to be on the receiving end of a lot of help from the people on this subforum, and I’m very grateful for it.

Posted by: Ok I Did It.2854

Ok I Did It.2854

Where I understand what your saying, some content in this game that is designed for 5 man groups isn’t really all that forgiving for people under level 80 in lower level armor etc, and thus making it that you are 4 manning the content and allowing the 5th person a free run, how can someone learn the content if they are dead as soon as the battle begins……..

I think you would find that what it really comes down to is, that people are bored with the no new dungeon content, and just want to get the run over with as fast as possible, and taking someone below level 80 slows this down, and the sad hard truth about it.

I have helped several players who where new to a dungeon/fractal and wanted to learn it, as I was the player being taught once, what I find now is that a lot of people are like im new and ill play the way I want, and ill do it the way I want, and don’t want to help/learn, and this ends up tarring everyone with the same brush.

(edited by Ok I Did It.2854)

Slowpokeking.8720

I’d think you’d be surprised by this community and how open they are to helping people. But, there’s a big difference between “hey guys that know this stuff, could you please help/teach me?” and “The game should be changed so you guys have to help me!!!”

I was lucky enough to be on the receiving end of a lot of help from the people on this subforum, and I’m very grateful for it.

Firstly, I have level 80 toons and I could run the dungeons well.
Secondly, why should a level 35+ dungeon let level 50-60 players have much difficulty?

Jerus.4350

Firstly, I have level 80 toons and I could run the dungeons well.
Secondly, why should a level 35+ dungeon let level 50-60 players have much difficulty?

It’s not that difficult for them, honestly it’s probably more how they intended, but when someone is running a dungeon they’ve run a hundred times do they want to take 20s to kill each boss, or like 5s and move on? I don’t think anyone 5 man’s AC for fun anymore, they do it for the easy rewards.

Slowpokeking.8720

It’s not that difficult for them, honestly it’s probably more how they intended, but when someone is running a dungeon they’ve run a hundred times do they want to take 20s to kill each boss, or like 5s and move on? I don’t think anyone 5 man’s AC for fun anymore, they do it for the easy rewards.

Then the best way would be make new dungeon and give more reward to low level players for complete this dungeon.

Posted by: rfdarko.4639

rfdarko.4639

Just take one look at the [Noob] guild stickied post to understand that veterans get that. There is teaching that goes on all the time, not only in the form of written guides but also in one-to-one sessions and group sessions. If you think vets are in it only for the gold and tokens, you haven’t been paying attention to the dialogue at all.

What is wanted is the chance to sometimes use the lfg to find like-minded and experienced players to have smooth runs without getting screamed at that we are elitist scumbags. Sometimes we just aren’t in the mood to teach, and that should be ok.

For some of us, this two year old content is really, really tired and boring. Some days we just want our gold and our tokens without having to teach a newbie for the thousandth time. Maybe this is a hard frame of mind to sympathize with if you only do dungeons occasionally, but if you’ve been doing these same dungeons every day for years… you can understand that even the most dedicated teachers will want to have days for themselves.

So I agree with your message by itself, out of context. Yes, teaching a new generation of dungeoners has value. That is a true statement. But in context, where the good work of [noob] and individual teachers too often goes unnoticed, and skilled runners who take off days get branded as obnoxious elitists..it stings.

guildless hobo who likes to solo – [x]

laokoko.7403

Then the best way would be make new dungeon and give more reward to low level players for complete this dungeon.

i kind of agree with this. Low level dungeon is just too difficult for new players.

That being said, I just did a SE path 1 and 3 with a bunch of lvl80 players that are new to the dungeon. The dungeon took so long. Those people are first time to the dungeon, and dont’ know what to do.

Regardless of what their level is, if they havn’t done it before, it’s going to be hard for them.

Oh ya, one of the guy rage quit. And he is new to the dungeon. So please dont’ say experienced players won’t help new players. People are impatient weather they run the dungeon once or 100 times. I think the guy get fed up because he can’t skip pass the run at path 3. I didn’t even complain because I spend so much time waiting, I could have solo the boss faster.

And mind you I said in the LFG “Path 1/3 lvl80 experienced”. 3 of them never even done the dungeon before.

(edited by laokoko.7403)

Jerus.4350

New dungeons would be awesome… if only…

And dungeons do give much more to lower levels as you actually gain experience… and a LOT of it.

laokoko.7403

New dungeons would be awesome… if only…

And dungeons do give much more to lower levels as you actually gain experience… and a LOT of it.

I think the reason Anet didn’t do that is because they are afraid people wont’ be able to find parties if they split the player base too much.

So they kind of force new players to play with other lvl80.

Remember there isn’t even a LFG tool before.

Posted by: Java.2130

Java.2130

Is that [NOOB] guild still teaching?

I have level 80 toons of all professions, but have only done 3 dungeons and a couple of fractals on one toon, a few times. That makes me inexperienced and not a desirable dungeon-party member in most groups’ eyes. I haven’t bothered with LFG or other parties because the kicking that happens if you haven’t got that magic ‘zerker speed-build or the experience.

I want to start running dungeons for the new-to-me content, as WvW and PvE and the occasional festival just isn’t interesting me much anymore after playing since open beta. My own guild is too small to run dungeons with.

Lvl 80 Ranger, Necromancer, Guardian, Mesmer, Elementalist, Warrior, Engineer, Thief.
Don’t get between a girl and her siege weaponry. <3
JQ [PIE], formerly [FLUX] & [TNO]

oxtred.7658

Are you EU?

Posted by: Iris Ng.9845

Iris Ng.9845

No, he’s in NA (Jade Quarry).

Speaking for [Noob], most people applied to join [Noob] are either too shy or too passive to reach out to the mentors themselves. So it is hard to believe when some one cries out that new players don’t receive help from veteran members. The way I see it, new players (or sub 80, whatever) feel entitled to get help without realizing they are getting in the way of others’ freedom to play :\

Speaking of dungeon contents, they weren’t too hard that you can’t play as sub 80. I remember back in the days when I leveled my alt engineer and warrior the hard way, it was challenging. I did TA, CM, SE, AC every days to level them up when they are around 50-60 (too poor to craft) and I had to learn the class and the encounter a lot more thoroughly than simply auto attack to win.

“Raids are like fortune cookies. You eat the cookie and then read the paper scraps.”

- doranduck, 2016 on Lore in Raids

Posted by: Java.2130

Java.2130

I enjoy experiencing the content fully, not just rushing to the end of an instance (Except PSLs with that annoying Sylvari. >.< ). Another part of the reason I hadn’t done as many dungeons earlier on is that I have young kids at home. As they are 2 years older now and more self-sufficient, I figured this was the time to jump in.

I may try the dungeons the way you described, Iris, and perhaps give the LFG another go. I have no problem, myself, helping new players; I’ve done it lots in PvE and WvW over the last 2 years. If I ever get the point where I can shepherd someone through a dungeon, I’d do it.

Lvl 80 Ranger, Necromancer, Guardian, Mesmer, Elementalist, Warrior, Engineer, Thief.
Don’t get between a girl and her siege weaponry. <3
JQ [PIE], formerly [FLUX] & [TNO]

Posted by: Iris Ng.9845

Iris Ng.9845

I encourage you to join [Noob] and actively seek out a mentor. If no one takes you, I will.

“Raids are like fortune cookies. You eat the cookie and then read the paper scraps.”

- doranduck, 2016 on Lore in Raids

Posted by: Gaile Gray

Previous

Gaile Gray

ArenaNet Communications Manager

I encourage you to join [Noob] and actively seek out a mentor. If no one takes you, I will.

That’s great, Iris. Thank you for stepping up and offering to help out! Here’s to you and the thousands of others who do the same!

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
Guild & Fansite Relations; In-Game Events
ArenaNet

Posted by: Nokaru.7831

Nokaru.7831

Many other MMOs don’t expect players to be altruistic but instead have systems that encourage this kind of behavior by rewarding players.

For example: In Tera Online, players who have done a dungeon less than 10 times were labeled as “rookies”, and these rookies gave their whole group 10% more damage, an extra drop off of the bosses, and they protected everyone from any costs associated with 1 party wipe. (Dying in that game could be expensive)

It certainly didn’t stop all elitism, but it rewarded parties that making the sacrifice of teaching new players about the dungeon.

Posted by: Blaeys.3102

Blaeys.3102

The funny part is that, often (especially in AC), the time it takes them to kick the person from the group, repost the LFG and fill with a lvl 80 probably adds as much time to the run as taking the sub-80 or waiting for someone to switch toons would have.

It’s amazing how hateful people can get for the sake of saving 3 minutes (which they probably arent doing anyway).

oxtred.7658

It’s about playing with like minded people and dealing with not too much bullkitten, not saving 3 minutes. I’d wait for my guild if I wanted fast runs.