This is getting Ridiculous

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: No Pulse.2967

No Pulse.2967

This forum bug is getting Ridiculous.

Inactive member in Dark Renegatus [REN]
The Order of Calamity [OOC] is recruiting!
5/8 Champion titles

Posted by: Wonderly.1324

Wonderly.1324

If they don’t realize that you have an 80 from your AP, they don’t deserve you in their party.

(edited by Wonderly.1324)

Posted by: Tarasicodissa.7084

Tarasicodissa.7084

I think it would be good to value both the journey and the rewards and not focus exclusively on the end result. The sub-80 you party with today, the sub-50 you teach the ropes, may become your new guildie or a valued fractal/dungeon partner in the future.

I take on board not everyone wants to go this route, but I think in the long run it can be quite rewarding in ways that are more valuable than gold and tokens.

This will actually never happen. I used to be a nice and calm guy, explaining every detail of the dungeon to newbies that joined me, I had a lot of patience and had to face many difficulties. The problem is… not only other people are not experienced, which is perfectly understandable, but they cannot and will not read. If I post in my party description I want this and that, it will take as much as 3-5 kicks before people actually meet my requirements.
And if I take my time to explain everything to the noobs I get, what do I get the next day? A party of completely different noobs and I have to explain everything again and deal with a serious headache again. This attitude of the so-called casuals led me to eventually become this angry toxic elitist. Is it really my fault, that when I ask for lvl 80 elementalist with 5k+ AP in the party description, I get a lvl 31 necromancer with 300AP?
Yes, AC is an introductory dungeon, pretty easy to complete solo or with 2-3 people. No matter who you get, you should be able to complete it. But I do not want to spend two extra hours EACH DAY doing dungeons, just because someone is unable to look up video guides/gw2dungeons and either wait until level 80 or join “everyone welcome” groups – oh, I forgot… “everyone welcome” pugs actually never complete dungeons, they ragequit after 10 wipes and then the noobs go leech “exp” groups to get smooth runs.
Because the odds of meeting someone you explained the dungeon to are next to zero, there is literally no point of helping anyone outside of your guild/friendlist. I know I am being a kitten, but seriously, there is no reason for me to lose my precious time.
If you introduce the title “legendary carrier of pugs” for completing 1000 dungeons after posting “everyone welcome” party description, well, I might go through this hell again.

IIRC, Anet themselves initially intended dungeons to be elite hardcore endgame content – not for everyone. After countless nerfs and complaining of casuals, dungeons became more or less a business of everybody. This is the very unfortunate nature of people – they don’t accept that something is beyond their skill. And because everyone wants everything, we now have to live with bad players among us, the dungeon community. Nonetheless… as I said – even though I look like an absolute kitten, I am just doing what this game incentivises me to.

Also, to get to the OP’s point: If the group description somehow implies they want lvl80 players (either mentioning specifically lvl 80 or something like exp/zerker/fullrun/whatever…), I tend to wait for switching until the person joins the dungeon. In other groups, though, I don’t have as much faith in the people, so I tend to leave immediately. Level 50 guy joining “everyone welcome” group is not likely to have another character, especially if he has 700 AP.

Posted by: oxtred.7658

oxtred.7658

I understand some ppl want level 80 for all the explorable mode dungeon, even AC. But many just join and leave immediately after seeing this AC group is not level 80. Today my alt saw the lfg group, I joined asap and I was going to use my level 80 to run the dungeon. But I got kicked before I could even speak. WOW.

How come it’s going to ridiculous? The player or the difficulty of the exp dungeon, I will say some bosses in AC indeed are quite easy to wipe for even 40-50s like the Spider Queen.

If they don’t realize that you have an 80 from your AP, they don’t deserve you in their party.

Some people told me after I pm’d them about my kick reasons they couldn’t guess I had another char ( was on ele and they needed a guard, or something like that). I have 12ishk ap.

If you’re on EU and need help to get into dungeons, pm me.

Posted by: Dying Infinity.4805

Dying Infinity.4805

A solution if you’re worried the spot will be filled by the time you change to an appropriate character or you’re a slow typer:

“/p Hey guys, I’m going to switch to that class/lv80 that you’re looking for so please don’t kick me” and press the enter key straight after you join their party.

Posted by: Darkborne.8725

Darkborne.8725

I think that going through a dungeon at the low levels is fine. So what if it is not a speed run. People need to sit back an relax and enjoy the game. If there are people that are not that great at running dungeons or just want to run to level toons join my guild. I can’t even get anyone to stay in my guild for more than a day before some elitist guild swipes them up with free giveaways. Which Anet could basically look at any other game to find better guild ideas… ironic, but if you can’t find a group let me know and I’ll help out. Oh, and I hope all the Black Lion Company prices drop for all of you 20 sec. dungeon elitist who ruin everything about the game.

Posted by: maha.7902

maha.7902

how is someone an elitist for giving away a dungeon path?

Serah Mahariel – Death and Taxes

Posted by: Dave.2536

Dave.2536

At some point, it’s not about filthy elitists “ruining” your game. It’s people like you choosing to let your game experience be degraded, and then conveniently blaming someone else for your own ignorant, selfish, and egocentric perceptions.

Content in this game will always seem
to be faceroll at the high levels, because it
needs to be accessible to the casuals and bads.

Posted by: EcoRI.9273

EcoRI.9273

PUGs are just random, there are very good pugs, very friendly pugs, very bad pugs, very rude pugs. OP, you just got unlucky. I don’t expect this type of behavior to ever change. There are too many different kinds of people playing this game. From racists to the friendliest person in the world. You can’t expect having an angel behind that computer monitor every time. But what you can do is join a friendly guild that does dungeon runs and other things that fits your needs.

http://www.reddit.com/r/GuildRecruitment

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/community/lookingfor

Or go to Lions Arch in game and ask if a dungeon guild or a more casual pvx guild is recruiting

http://www.twitch.tv/eco_r_i
Wynd Cloud | Fierce N Licious

(edited by EcoRI.9273)

Posted by: azizul.8469

azizul.8469

most lvl 80s are doing AC (or any easy dungeon) to farm gold. they want to finish it fast and real quick, not to handhold.

with a decent group you can do 6 dungeons in around 2 hours, and get 13g.

Cutie Phantasmer/Farinas [HAX] – CD Casual
Archeage = Farmville with PK

Posted by: ProtoGunner.4953

ProtoGunner.4953

Problem is that it’s annoying to have slow runs with wipes etc. due to weak DPS. It was fun to learn it the first couple of months. But we have now 2015 and the dungeons are all the same (more or less). At this point you just want it done fast. I usually don’t kick a non-lvl-80, but I moan for myself if I see one (even better when they have about 250 AP) :-)

‘would have/would’ve been’ —> correct
‘would of been’ —> wrong

Posted by: Silvia.9130

Silvia.9130

I understand it can be a frustrating for new players but look at that from veteran player perspective. We run dungs because its profiting not because its fun and usualy with low levels, newbies what dont know strategy, players without speedrun builds those runs take much longer and that can be also pretty frustrating and some ppl simple dont have that patience to teach strategies and carry lowbies everytime thats all. When you run that dungeon every day past 2 years you wanna do it fast and smooth.

Add to it that low levels now are even more crippled due to the great NPE , add to it that often they won’t listen to veteran players explaining them and contradict them, add to it that as long as dungeons won’t receive some care from Devs, they will be run more by farmers than dungeons lover (speaking of pugging and full team) as they (we) rather solo and duo than get a full team by now, for how absurdly much we know them by heart. -.-

>>Lady Carlie Castle<
>>=<

Posted by: thefantasticg.3984

thefantasticg.3984

Type faster.

Ive never had a problem when ive joined with a character which didnt fit the description because i expect to be kicked within 20 seconds or less. If you just say “switching” most people will realise what you mean.

I put up a LFG for AC P1 and forgot to put in “LVL 80” in the description. Had a lvl 56 join. I waited for the “brt switching” but then they entered the dungeon on the low level. Kick. Then I changed the description to include LVL 80. Had a good quick run.

So, yeah, with the way the trait system is now the people I usually run with WILL NOT take a sub lvl 80 into dungeons unless it’s a Guildie and they are in the lvl 70+ area. We’ve all done these dungeons hundreds of times, we don’t want it taking any longer than it has to.

RNG is a bell curve. Better hope you’re on the right side.

Posted by: ofLegends.9853

ofLegends.9853

Ugh I HATE AC. Finally got the achieve and I’m never setting foot in that place again.

But yeah, it’s the group creator’s fault for not specifying that he wants only 80s. I’ve not been kicked yet (don’t have any lowbies anymore, either), but I’ve specified a few times that I want only 80s. One time I said I wanted at least 60+, and some brazen lvl 51 joined. I thought it was rude of them when the description clearly stated 60+, but I didn’t kick. I guess it depends on the person. I’m willing to be as tolerant with people as they are with me. The least people can do is at least ASK you to leave and state their reasoning.

— Former engi main | Bring back my Power Rifle Grenadier!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q0OWwwqPxDI

Posted by: ofLegends.9853

ofLegends.9853

I think it would be good to value both the journey and the rewards and not focus exclusively on the end result. The sub-80 you party with today, the sub-50 you teach the ropes, may become your new guildie or a valued fractal/dungeon partner in the future.

I take on board not everyone wants to go this route, but I think in the long run it can be quite rewarding in ways that are more valuable than gold and tokens.

oh, I forgot… “everyone welcome” pugs actually never complete dungeons, they ragequit after 10 wipes and then the noobs go leech “exp” groups to get smooth runs.

Well, you are wrong about that.

When myself and my husband were new to the game, we wanted to run AC because it was the first available dungeon, and we ran it either at-level or a few levels above. How could we have known better? We joined an “everyone welcome” pug, told them we didn’t have a clue, and proceeded to do the dungeon with 3 veterans. We spent hours in there on the burrows wiping, and it was far more than 10 wipes, I can guarantee that. They didn’t give up on us, and we finally completed the dungeon. We will never forget that experience and the patience of those players.

By contrast, we did arah with some haughty, gift-to-the-world thief earlier today who constantly slammed us for whatever we were “doing wrong”, even though we had done the boss before and were simultaneously looking at gw2dungeon guide. Neither of us initiated kick or said a word other than “hi” at the beginning of the dungeon. The dude straight up picked out our ~3k AP and decided we were bad and fighting the boss all wrong, despite the fact that every other dungeon group we had been in used another strategy. Another guy with ~13k AP was doing the exact same strat we were, but he had 13k and we had 3, so we must have been bad.
At the end of the dungeon, we didn’t say thanks as we usually do, but simply left.
This player, we will remember as well.

There are two types of players. Check your attitude and ensure you’re not becoming the second type.

— Former engi main | Bring back my Power Rifle Grenadier!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q0OWwwqPxDI

(edited by ofLegends.9853)

Posted by: ArtemisJade.9068

ArtemisJade.9068

@OP — I wouldn’t take it personally in the slightest. Worse case scenario you are kicked. You then pm a party member and let them know you’re switching to an 80. Worst case scenario you have no response and have to find another party. But AC parties are a dime a dozen anyways usually so no biggie.

@The whole noobies running AC issue — As an 80 I generally will leave a party if there is someone under 75 in the party unless someone has specifically asked the party if they can bring a character under 80 and I have time and patience because a.) I usually don’t have a ton of time to play and I try to be productive with the time I do have and b.) If you bring someone under 80 it does slow the dungeon down yet. You do sacrifice that extra dps.

I am not saying it is a bad thing to run with noobies and that its sinful to bring underlevels to dungeons. I’m just saying, it should be done the right way with an “everyone welcome” party or the party should be asked before hand because it takes a good attitude and time. Not everyone has those.

To survive this world you must be mad as a hatter. Luckily for me, I am positively insane.

(edited by ArtemisJade.9068)

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

If I’m after a quick run, I will usually advertise for “80’s or be experienced”. Other times I’ll run “all welcome” groups, especially for the less popular dungeon paths, and I teach as I go.

Posted by: Justagnome.9287

Justagnome.9287

I don’t see why this bothers people, I ran p1, p2 and p3 in AC today. Every group had some lower level characters (p3 had a level 35, 38 and 50 something for example) and even though we wiped around three times, we still got through it. I don’t mind spending the extra time in a dungeon because it’s fun for me and more challenging. That’s why I do these dungeons, other than for a bit of extra gold. If I kept doing these as fast as I could, I’d either log off the game sooner and do nothing or afk in lion’s arch.

Posted by: Embrace The Bold.7619

Embrace The Bold.7619

I think that going through a dungeon at the low levels is fine. So what if it is not a speed run. People need to sit back an relax and enjoy the game. If there are people that are not that great at running dungeons or just want to run to level toons join my guild. I can’t even get anyone to stay in my guild for more than a day before some elitist guild swipes them up with free giveaways. Which Anet could basically look at any other game to find better guild ideas… ironic, but if you can’t find a group let me know and I’ll help out. Oh, and I hope all the Black Lion Company prices drop for all of you 20 sec. dungeon elitist who ruin everything about the game.

Oh yes, lets have you dictate what’s fun and relaxing for everyone. you know whats not fun or relaxing to me? explaining kitten to people who will not listen. Oh I just love wasting two hours on an arah run I could of done sub 30 mins with a pug group. Also don’t act like “elitists” are ruining this game. Hell anet teats us like kitten and favors filthy casuals who still kitten about the same things we do anyway.

The Sickest Guild NA

Posted by: Morte.5916

Morte.5916

• delurks*

When I entered my first GW2 story mode dungeon (AC) I thought “man, this is like hard mode”.

I think GW2 dungeons are like GW1 hard mode without the normal mode. In GW1 I learned my dungeon paths and devastating boss attacks and so on in normal mode with heroes and henchmen, then went on to do HM with players or lovingly crafted h/h groups. But in GW2 new dungeoneers go in the deep end, HM on day 1.

Posted by: GoD Obelisk.3057

GoD Obelisk.3057

Unless I post specifically for exp 80 zerk etc I will take anyone and I can’t even count how many people I have led through arah and other dungeons. Believe it or not community is a lot nicer than you think. Just recently this one guy who had never done arah I took him through and then I log in the next day he had sent me a mini ho-ho tron as a gift. Sure it doesn’t happen often but it happens. And a lot of people I help have evolved into good players that I can run with on regular basis. Some became guildies too. I general ask at the beginning if someone doesn’t know the run and if they don’t I will explain the mechanics to them with as much detail as possible.

Posted by: ProtoGunner.4953

ProtoGunner.4953

The AP requirement is ridiculous. Simply post ‘experienced and zerk’ and you will usually get smooth runs. I will never do kittenty runs again. Wiping at endboss for several times (AC p1+3) be cause the DPS is so low that a snail could walk round the earth during this time is just annoying and a waste of time.

‘would have/would’ve been’ —> correct
‘would of been’ —> wrong

Posted by: Artemis Thuras.8795

Artemis Thuras.8795

You mean the 99% who only join guilds to afk guild missions? or enjoy influence buffs when it suits them? Or get free stuff?

Your guild system means there is no allegiance to a guild. Many don’t care one bit about guilds. They are just a service provider. Such as taxi for 3 headed wurm.

Co-Leader of The Mythical Dragons [MYTH],
Advocate of learning and being a useful party member.
http://mythdragons.enjin.com/recruitment

Posted by: Artemis Thuras.8795

Artemis Thuras.8795

People need to sit back an relax and enjoy the game.

Yes they do.
Heres the thing: Having people make a run take longer than it would WITHOUT ANYONE in the spot is not relaxing or enjoyable.
It makes me want to put their head in a vice and watch their brains ooze out of their eye sockets.

Teaching people is fine. Hop into teamspeak and i’ll happily guide you through what’s going on. Typing would take longer than the dungeon itself in many cases.

Co-Leader of The Mythical Dragons [MYTH],
Advocate of learning and being a useful party member.
http://mythdragons.enjin.com/recruitment

Posted by: Dub.1273

Dub.1273

• delurks*

When I entered my first GW2 story mode dungeon (AC) I thought “man, this is like hard mode”.

I think GW2 dungeons are like GW1 hard mode without the normal mode.

Yeah, that’s because gw1 dungeons were like fluffy puffy pinkyland.
HM dungeons equaled the non existing easy-easy-easy mode of elite areas.

Dub | [rT]
#LoveArrows2013, never forget.

Posted by: tom.7468

tom.7468

• delurks*

oneoneone and occasionally dodge must be so much harder than the complex skill system in gw1. There was no berserker builds there either.
Full dps builds would get instakilled anywhere in hardmode.
Honstly comparing this with gw1 is like comparing diablo 2 with warcraft 2.
If you’re gonna tell me to go play it don’t bother i havent played it for +3 years.

Posted by: cafard.8953

cafard.8953

Note also that due to the NPE Trait revamp, even fresh 80s are very likely to be random traited with the few that got unlocked somehow while leveling, with potentially not even a single GM trait available. So you can’t even hint that young Mesmer to trait reflect on focus for example…

Olaf Oakmane [KA]
Save the Bell Choir activity!

Posted by: Dub.1273

Dub.1273

• delurks*

oneoneone and occasionally dodge must be so much harder than the complex skill system in gw1. There was no berserker builds there either.
Full dps builds would get instakilled anywhere in hardmode.
Honstly comparing this with gw1 is like comparing diablo 2 with warcraft 2.
If you’re gonna tell me to go play it don’t bother i havent played it for +3 years.

You do not seem to catch the point.

Dub | [rT]
#LoveArrows2013, never forget.

Posted by: Harper.4173

Harper.4173

This is and sounds pretty good on paper but in 2+ years of playing the game it’s never happened.
The people you help out – you help them out and that’s it. There’s really no big connection moment.

Also – legendary and rare skins don’t take “teaching newbies” to build. They take gold and tokens.

In a game that’s driven by rare cosmetics that you get through gold and tokens – the majority will want that gold and tokens.

If here they fall they shall live on when ever you cry “For Ascalon!”

Posted by: Alienz.4593

Alienz.4593

The kicking system is getting abused, just got kick from cof 2 for taking like 15 secs to salvage stuff.

-Genius Asura

Posted by: Ragnarox.9601

Ragnarox.9601

If it says: 80lv exp meta zerkers dont join them anyways, lots of raging kids in this kind of groups. Join groups that says all welcome or 80lv they will do dungeon with you i know i would.

Posted by: Yumiko Ishida.3769

Yumiko Ishida.3769

I will take everyone and anyone no matter what you are but I do not or will not skip anything or stack. I’m in it for loot and killing everything and not the end result; I’m planning to test a theory of mine on if the loot tables are set on the opening of dungeon or on the kill in instances and also if there are set uber drops as GW 1 had.

Yumiko Emi Ishida 80 Ele, Hikari Kyoko Ishida 80 Guard TC-NA. Active RPer of NA megaserver.

(edited by Yumiko Ishida.3769)

Posted by: Zui.9245

Zui.9245

I love it when people use dark magic to bring dead threads back to life for absolutely no reason. It’s almost like they simultaneously can and cannot read.

Posted by: Shiyo.3578

Shiyo.3578

The ease of kicking/joining/forming a group/pugging nearly all content makes people disposable and discourages actively making friends in GW2.

Posted by: Windsagio.1340

Windsagio.1340

Didn’t notice it was necro’d, I got trolled

Posted by: Yumiko Ishida.3769

Yumiko Ishida.3769

I love it when people use dark magic to bring dead threads back to life for absolutely no reason. It’s almost like they simultaneously can and cannot read.

We brought it back to life as we do not need a third or 5th or 50th version of the same thread only to have it merged weeks later.

Yumiko Emi Ishida 80 Ele, Hikari Kyoko Ishida 80 Guard TC-NA. Active RPer of NA megaserver.

Posted by: dlonie.6547

dlonie.6547

I guess it’d make more sense if it was necro’d to add information. Necroing two threads to announce a tangentially (if at all) related endeavor seems odd to me.

But eh.