This is ridiculous.

This is ridiculous.

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: PorpoiseAlert.9130

PorpoiseAlert.9130

So the past couple days I’ve been trying to get into the story mode for Catacombs. I’ve only been playing the game for four days, and I was stoked to hit level 30 and get to try out the dungeon content. So I stand outside the instance and spam chat, looking for a group. I try in Lion’s Arch, I try in the Black Citadel. Plenty of people want to do the level 35+ single-path version, but I’ve wasted 10 silver or so just trying to find a group for the story mode.

I understand the naysayers on a true LFG tool, but this is just stupid. It isn’t fun and something should be done about it.

This is ridiculous.

Posted by: Sincore.5076

Sincore.5076

If you are having trouble finding a group, you could always create one using gw2lfg website. Or even continue leveling and refresh the page every couple of minutes to see if someone else has a group for it.

Hope this helps

-Sincore

This is ridiculous.

PorpoiseAlert.9130

Thanks Sincore. I’ve been using the gw2lfg page as well, but I have yet to see a single group for AC that isn’t in explorable mode.

This is ridiculous.

PorpoiseAlert.9130

Finally got a group. Was super excited, went to enter the dungeon and… got an error about my internet connection. I tried relogging, I tried logging into a different character and coming back, nothing. Well, back to League of Legends for me.

This is ridiculous.

Posted by: KICKER.3874

KICKER.3874

If you give up so fast I wouldn`t want you in my group anyway.

This is ridiculous.

PorpoiseAlert.9130

So Kicker, what you’re saying is that your groups take two days to finish an instance? I wouldn’t want to be in your groups to begin with, then.

This is ridiculous.

Posted by: Courageous Mithos.8745

Courageous Mithos.8745

I have to agree with you. It is hard to find a party for the Story Mode. People farm the paths because they grant badges, which are needed for armor/weapons/runes. The Story Mode is only interesting to do once, for the achievement, or just for fun, but is not interesting to repeat often.

But, because I have no idea that this is being changed at any point, this does not really help you at this moment. The best advice I can give you is quite simple. Join a good and active guild. I am sure, that if you are in a nice and social guild, there will be 4 members that will free some time to help you with that story mode.

This is ridiculous.

Posted by: Errant Venture.9371

Errant Venture.9371

So Kicker, what you’re saying is that your groups take two days to finish an instance? I wouldn’t want to be in your groups to begin with, then.

Honestly, relying on pugs isn’t a good strategy. This is a cooperative game, and finding a good guild to run with is imperative. If you’re looking to have fun running dungeons (story or explorable) your best bet is to find a good guild to play with.

The Battle Bakery [vPie]

This is ridiculous.

Posted by: RedStar.4218

RedStar.4218

Finding a good guild really helps and since being able to join multiple guilds help a lot.

However this is strange that you can’t even find a group on gw2lfg. Maybe it’s because of the holidays.

A word of caution : you might hate AC story mode. It’s a painful one for first timers and not every dungeon is similar to it.

This is ridiculous.

Posted by: Konfuzfanten.6503

Konfuzfanten.6503

My GF hit lvl 30 for the first time today, then wanted to do AC story mode because of the mail thing, it took me 5-10 mins to get a guild group together for story mode. While i was standing semi-afk talking with guildies about the run, 2 guys in plains of ashford asked for story mode…

I dont get these kinda posts, this is a massively multiplayer online game, guilds/clans is an essential part of a good gaming experience.

No guild will give you the game/groups on a silver plate: you will only get what you give.

Commander of Blade and Quill[BaQ]
Aurora Glade <3

This is ridiculous.

Posted by: kendokken.3257

kendokken.3257

The story modes suck. I did AC and SE on 1 of my 5chars that are level 80 and haven’t touched another story mode in any dungeon since.

Explorables are the only ones worth doing and they get repetative and boring well before you get the complete gear set from them.

Just go to LA and browse the vendors, preview the items and see which ones you need to run explorables on.
Until Anet does something to make dungeons more interesting than jsut killing the same mob with crap AI but a billion HPs (because everyone knows that makes fights difficult) there’s no point to be in there other than the gear tokens anyway.

Hell my Ele has never done any dungeons, because all her gear has the beginner armor skins transmuted onto them anyway.