Tired of combo field being negated by less wanted combo fields...

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: snaplemouton.1294

snaplemouton.1294

Title says it all… Trying to use blast finishers in my water fields from my ele staff but there is always a light combo field from the guardian that is stacked over it because they have so many of them…
Same goes with nearly every combo fields from other classes.

I wish water was always the first chosen combo field for combos (blast finishers at the very least). Since that combo is clearly the best combo in game right now. (AoE heal)
Compared to a very short retaliation… Even worst, loosing my water field to the necro wells for… area blind… on bosses. Now that is the biggest waste in the universe. Valiant negating 90% of the blinds. Even worst in Sorrows embrace. T_T

I understand there should not be a multiple combo from one finisher like stacking a water, fire and light for 3 might, heal and retaliation at the same time. But please… for the love of all that is holy… Make it so water goes first…
imo, it should be
Water ­­> Smoke > Ethereal > Ice > Light > Fire > Lightning > Poison > Dark
Would make much more sense to me then wasting all thoses finishers. As much as we can be organized and not stack our fields… lot of combo fields come out of auto attacks or things we will stack for efficiency purpose…

Posted by: Hellkaiser.6025

Hellkaiser.6025

A legit issue I reckon, could be dealt with by prioritising on cooldown durration ie: the skill with the longest cooldown is prioritised, a pecking order as you said here, or just by letting the combo fields stack, they’re paid for and there’s no real reason why they don’t aside from technical issues

Irony…. xD

Posted by: BrunoBRS.5178

BrunoBRS.5178

can’t confirm, but i think they’re set on a first come, first serve basis, meaning the field that was there first is the one that counts. maybe they should change it, so that the latest field applied is the one that counts?

that way, a coordinated group could use combos effectively even when there are a bunch of other fields around.

LegendaryMythril/Zihark Darshell

snaplemouton.1294

Even if it’s the first or latest, an auto attacking 2 hander guardian will simply negate most of the time. Or a random field from any random ability that applies a random field. Or a delayed field… etc…
It HAS to be by prioritizing which one is the best.

BrunoBRS.5178

pretty sure the guardian greatsword doesn’t lay fields around with the autoattack, and the hammer’s field has like 2 seconds of charge where the guardian can just move away (or even better, use his own blast finisher instead).

snaplemouton.1294

2 handed mace I meant
Their third auto attack on it lay down a light field

Posted by: Kromica.2831

Kromica.2831

Why can’t my blast go through all of them?

Posted by: Ender.3508

Ender.3508

“I understand there should not be a multiple combo from one finisher like stacking a water, fire and light for 3 might, heal and retaliation at the same time.”

And……WHY not?

OP? Please, to make something like that op your group would have to have very high degrees of coordination. Hell, I’m even in favor of having stacking of the same types of fields

e.g. water (2) + blast = area heal (2)
water (2) + blast (2) = area heal (4)

Would open up so many more possibilities and actually give people a reason to lay out plans and communicate during fights.

Kretna 80 Elementalist
ex – The Midnight Syndicate [Dark]
Maguuma

snaplemouton.1294

it would be plain stupid…
My area heal already heal for 1k5… that would be a 6k +2k (Cleansing wave) heal just from rolling and arcane inside my 2 areas…

Posted by: Ender.3508

Ender.3508

Yes, and you get 1, you have to set up the fields, so its not an emergency heal. If you screw up you have a 40 second cooldown before you can attempt it again, and to top it off its still pretty much useless if it only heals you. Gotta have a group working together to get any massive use out of it during a fight.

Also considering 8k hp is like….3 hits maybe.

Kretna 80 Elementalist
ex – The Midnight Syndicate [Dark]
Maguuma

snaplemouton.1294

8k HP is 80% of an elementalist base health pool at level 80. That’s too much for a game where there is no “healer”. I’m fine with having one combo at a time. And I never have trouble doing my combo blast heals on allies. I do have problem healing people in melee because of the gazillions of combo field there is in melee…

Posted by: KlebThell.6257

KlebThell.6257

8k HP is 80% of an elementalist base health pool at level 80. That’s too much for a game where there is no “healer”. I’m fine with having one combo at a time. And I never have trouble doing my combo blast heals on allies. I do have problem healing people in melee because of the gazillions of combo field there is in melee…

An 80 Ele only has 10k hp??? How does that happen? My necro, with the only +Vit from Blood traits, has 22k.

When all else fail, hug a monkey.

Posted by: Milennin.4825

Milennin.4825

My level 80 Elementalist sits at 15.5K HP.
On-topic: I agree. Water should go first, it’s my most useful combo field.

Just who the hell do you think I am!?

Posted by: Disconnected.9253

Disconnected.9253

An 80 Ele only has 10k hp??? How does that happen? My necro, with the only +Vit from Blood traits, has 22k.

necro has the highest base hp pool of any profession in game

I do agree with the OP.
Although I don’t think you should be prevented from layering combo fields for multiple effects; blast finishers are not that common anyway (aside from the guardian hammer, but not many guardians use hammer for dungeons).
since light field effects aren’t (usually) as good as other effects, they should be considered last imo.
For all other finishers, they should have a ‘count’ on how many fields they trigger.
projectiles, 1
leap, 2-3
whirl, 1-2
blast, all or at least 3

for fields order:
water > smoke > ethereal > dark > ice > fire > lightning > poison > light
just imo
another option (a bit OT) is to change light fields effects to something more like protection or vigor; retaliation is a ‘meh’ boon in pve.

this would make for a lot more interesting combinations and better teamwork

(edited by Disconnected.9253)

Posted by: Kami.7369

Kami.7369

I’m a Guardian.

I run with all kinds of classes.

I use a Hammer and Greatsword in my current build, which buff the symbols they lay down.

I’m not above working with classes to get combos to work. Communication is key. If a water Elementalist wants to lay down water fields for a blast finisher for the heal, not only will I move my fields, I’ll supply a second blast finisher.

Teamwork. It’s how we should do things.

Jonlo Vangalen
Getof Fenris – Blackgate
http://getoffenris.com/

BrunoBRS.5178

2 handed mace I meant
Their third auto attack on it lay down a light field

“2 handed mace” is the hammer. like i said, the charge time is big enough for the guardian to move the attack to a more favorable place, AND the guardian can provide a blast finisher of his own.

Posted by: brickforlife.1364

brickforlife.1364

I’m gonna post on this thread only because I was redirected. If you put poison & dark at the end, you basically nullify 2 out of 3 viable builds, not a good idea since it’s so broken already. Bye!

Join
[BEAR] www.gw2bear.com
[DATE] www.tyriadating.com

Posted by: Stobor.8041

Stobor.8041

This

Posted by: Criselli.7462

Criselli.7462

necro has the highest base hp pool of any profession in game

snip

Warriors and *Necros have a base hp of 18k at level 80
Mesmers, Engineers, Rangers have a base hp of 15k hp at level 80
Thieves, Ele, and Guardian have a base hp of 13k at level 80.

*necros Death Shroud has equal hp to their effective hp, but does decay while in use.

As for combo’s I believe it was a first come first serve basis. In my opinion I believe the field with the shortest duration of time left should trigger the combo. Or maybe for whirl combos have every “spin” trigger a different combo if multiple fields are laid down.

Aiyli 80 Necro, Aista & Criselli 80 Mesmers
Aîsta & Çriselli 80 engies, Zeira Blackstar 80 Grd Meloryn 80 Ran, Vexri Crisellista 80 War
Server: Kaineng

Posted by: Criselli.7462

Criselli.7462

This

Also: This order should be for “blast” combos. I would rearrange the order for other finishers.

Aiyli 80 Necro, Aista & Criselli 80 Mesmers
Aîsta & Çriselli 80 engies, Zeira Blackstar 80 Grd Meloryn 80 Ran, Vexri Crisellista 80 War
Server: Kaineng

Posted by: Shamrocky.5036

Shamrocky.5036

This

Also: This order should be for “blast” combos. I would rearrange the order for other finishers.

Is that for blast finishers? The correct order for blast finishers is:

Water > Fire > Dark > Poison > Light > Ethereal > Smoke > Ice > Lightning

The first 3 are the only good ones for dungeons, I don’t really care about the rest.

Posted by: emikochan.8504

emikochan.8504

The first field placed is the one that is counted, just stagger your fields.

Our fields are often rather large too, so you can use your finisher outside of the smaller field but inside yours.

Welcome to my world – http://emikochan13.wordpress.com