Titles for legendary armors

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Mel.3064

Mel.3064

Would it be possible to get a title each for having 1, 2 or all 3 armors unlocked? Spending the LI for building armor pieces makes them much harder to show proof of experience, especially if you are using the armor on a different character than you want to raid with. These titles would represent having earned 150/450/750 LI and be kill proof for all bosses in one go.

Example:
1 Set: Scholar of the Envoys
2 Sets: Adept of the Envoys
3 Sets: Magister of the Envoys

I think adding these would hopefully not much effort considering the collection system already exists.

Posted by: Khyan.7039

Khyan.7039

I don’t know, li requirements always been a joke to me. Now that it’s gone players can hopefully ask for something better as proof.

Posted by: Lady Deedra.3126

Lady Deedra.3126

I would like one for owning all legendary weapons in game. Already have twice told legend. Maybe something for owning them all.

Skjold Pjod
I am “That” guy you have all heard about.
1,073 precursors forged and counting.

Posted by: Cynz.9437

Cynz.9437

Yeah, linking KP+ LI + armor definitely became a drag. I support this thread.

All is Vain~
[Teef] guild :>

Posted by: apharma.3741

apharma.3741

I dunno, we already have titles for CMs and other challenges for the raid wings so I honestly don’t think we need it.

I would however support a title for owning every legendary in the game, with the title being simple and to the point: Legendary.

Posted by: Cynz.9437

Cynz.9437

I dunno, we already have titles for CMs and other challenges for the raid wings so I honestly don’t think we need it.

I would however support a title for owning every legendary in the game, with the title being simple and to the point: Legendary.

Titles can be bought since it is one time thing. Highly doubt someone bought 150+ boss kills though.

All is Vain~
[Teef] guild :>

Posted by: Satenia.9025

Satenia.9025

Well, I was actually a bit surprised to find out that there isn’t any further collection achievement with some title(s) attached to the legendary armor. It would certainly make the whole LI requirements when joining squads easier now that people started to actually use up their LIs.

Anyway, the actual titles being up for debate of course. My preferences would be as following:

1 Set: Upstart Raider
2 Sets: Raid-o-holic
3 Sets: No Life

Posted by: boolah.1325

boolah.1325

Anyway, the actual titles being up for debate of course. My preferences would be as following:

1 Set: Upstart Raider
2 Sets: Raid-o-holic
3 Sets: No Life

Haha I like the 3rd title..

Posted by: Talindra.4958

Talindra.4958

Lol I like the third lol

Champion Magus & Phantom, Demon’s Demise, The Archdesigner.
Death is Energy [DIE] – Gandara EU
Australia

Posted by: Sirbeaumerdier.3740

Sirbeaumerdier.3740

But, isn’t the legendary armor already saying I’m wearing 150 LI? Just flash your gear instead of you LI and voila!

apharma.3741

Titles can be bought since it is one time thing. Highly doubt someone bought 150+ boss kills though.

I know someone currently buying quite a lot of the LIs, sirbauermiester or what his name was is planning to buy a significant proportion of his legendary armour. You can buy your achievements and do the easier bosses for LI’s, if you can do 3 bosses without having to buy that’s 50 weeks for a set of armour.

Assuming you can kill VG since Jan 2016 that’s 66 LI’s alone, wing 2 came out in the same month and you could do trio for another 50 at least. Wing 3 having come out June 2016 which has the easiest event to do for another 47 LI’s possible since then. That’s without mentioning the DPS golems in the 4th wing allowing for easier access to LI’s

I just don’t think we need a title for making it as we will have the armour on our main characters and the skins unlocked which is enough for me.

Mel.3064

But, isn’t the legendary armor already saying I’m wearing 150 LI? Just flash your gear instead of you LI and voila!

There are multiple reasons. First of 150 LI is not much, when I command pug groups I usually demand at least 300+ LI, sometimes even more if its a w4 cm.
Second you might not want to use legendary armor on every character because you do not want all your characters to look the same.
Third pinging/spamming 6+ pieces of gear and remaining LI is very tedious in the long run.
Fourth titles cannot be faked. If someone pings LI or kill proofs it might just be a chat code. It is very easy to get chatcodes even for transmuted items with runes on them.

I think my request is very simple and should not take much time to implement while being a huge help to people who pug raids (either as commander or regular raider).

(edited by Mel.3064)

Sirbeaumerdier.3740

There are multiple reasons. First of 150 LI is not much, when I command pug groups I usually demand at least 300+ LI, sometimes even more if its a w4 cm.
Second you might not want to use legendary armor on every character because you do not want all your characters to look the same.
Third pinging/spamming 6+ pieces of gear and remaining LI is very tedious in the long run.
Fourth titles cannot be faked. If someone pings LI or kill proofs it might just be a chat code. It is very easy to get chatcodes even for transmuted items with runes on them.

I think my request is very simple and should not take much time to implement while being a huge help to people who pug raids (either as commander or regular raider).

People usually demand 300+ LI… and 150 isn’t much… I’m kinda speechless about that.

For one, WTF does 300 kills prove that 150 doesn’t already prove?

Also, you can’t ping 300 LI, you can only ping a maximum of 250 at once that I know of. Anything beyond a stack offers little guarantee it doesn’t come from the same stack.

But, aside from that, I see no problem with adding a title. I just find the reasons behind pretty absurd.

Posted by: Rednik.3809

Rednik.3809

Commanders like you is main reason why raids have such a bad reputation.

Kiijna, Xast, Satis Ironwail, Sekhaina, Shira Forgesparkle, Sfeno, Nasibi, Tegeira, Rhonwe…
25 charracters

Posted by: CptAurellian.9537

CptAurellian.9537

Commanders like you is main reason why raids have such a bad reputation.

This is … disturbing. For once, I think, I’ll have to agree with Rednik.

Warning! This post may contain traces of irony, sarcasm and peanuts.

There is no loyalty without betrayal. -Ann Smiley

Posted by: Vinceman.4572

Vinceman.4572

Demanding 300+ is indeed ridiculous and that’s coming from me, a dedicated raider with full clear on every week.
I avoid such LFGs because the probability is higher that those groups need to be carried.

Took me 3 runs of the dungeon to get the bug.

Mel.3064

Demanding 300+ is indeed ridiculous and that’s coming from me, a dedicated raider with full clear on every week.
I avoid such LFGs because the probability is higher that those groups need to be carried.

Works fine for me in most weeks, all 13 bosses in 3 hours or less.

Vinceman.4572

You achieve the same with less. Just saying.

Mel.3064

You achieve the same with less. Just saying.

Maybe, but with higher LI the chance is higher that people did not skip the harder bosses in most weeks, so I would appreciate if you would not tell me what to require in my groups and just get back to topic.

Vinceman.4572

I don’t tell you what to require, it’s all your choice. Just saying that such requirements are bs as hell and lead to several issues we can see coming up in this subforum from day to day.

Talindra.4958

i have 10 pieces of leg armor to date now.. and left with under 200 li. and will reduce further once I get enough provisional token chipping down each week.. will be nice if Anet implement title for armor pieces. kinda painful because I only pug my raids. basically entering a group asking for 400 li I will say helloo … let me ping my armor.. ping ping ping ping ping 6 pieces, this is my first set, wait .. I will roll another char for second set, ping ping ping ping, this is my second set.. and spam the rest of li.. this is my remaining li. …. happy? ok? issue? :/ :\ :/ :\
commander then dragged me into second group. thanks after 5 mins later. :p
thanks for consideration anet .. I love you guys a lot.. (if anet is reading… any leak for fractal? heh) … <3

Australia

Posted by: Ze Dos Cavalos.6132

Ze Dos Cavalos.6132

Me and a few of my ap farmers friends don’t even bother crafting other legendary sets coz no achievements or title rewarded.
Sometimes having the Demon demise title is not enough, ppl can even buy that title now anyway.

I agree with implementing 3 different titles, 1 for each set you unlock.
Unlocking the 3 sets you would get the ultimate title, that would make joining raid pug much much easier.
All the ap farmers (myself included) wouldn’t hesitate to spend their li anymore.

[DIE] Death is Energy

Sirbeaumerdier.3740

i have 10 pieces of leg armor to date now.. and left with under 200 li. and will reduce further once I get enough provisional token chipping down each week.. will be nice if Anet implement title for armor pieces. kinda painful because I only pug my raids. basically entering a group asking for 400 li I will say helloo … let me ping my armor.. ping ping ping ping ping 6 pieces, this is my first set, wait .. I will roll another char for second set, ping ping ping ping, this is my second set.. and spam the rest of li.. this is my remaining li. …. happy? ok? issue? :/ :\ :/ :\
thanks for consideration anet .. I love you guys a lot.. (if anet is reading… any leak for fractal? heh) … <3

400 LI requirement? And I thought the 300 LI one was dumb!

BTW, how do you ping 400LI? You can never ping more than a stack at a time. If I have a stack and ping it twice will you believe I have 500?

If someone think your raid armor set (worth 300) is not good enough, they are questionable individuals indeed.

Posted by: Orangensaft.7139

Orangensaft.7139

BTW, how do you ping 400LI? You can never ping more than a stack at a time. If I have a stack and ping it twice will you believe I have 500?

If someone think your raid armor set (worth 300) is not good enough, they are questionable individuals indeed.

you ping the 2 stacks so fast that it cant be a chatcode
sometimes you need to ping stack A, stack B, stack A, stack B, stack A, …..etc very fast to prove those stacks are real
If in doubt they may ask you to split those stacks to 2 different amounts within a certain time and ping them again

We Glitched Out Of All [MAPS]
26x lvl 80 Characters
Most fabulous Character: http://i.imgur.com/5JtcBI1.jpg?1

Posted by: Rednik.3809

Rednik.3809

sometimes you need to ping stack A, stack B, stack A, stack B, stack A, …..etc very fast to prove those stacks are real
If in doubt they may ask you to split those stacks to 2 different amounts within a certain time and ping them again

Seriously, what’s wrong with you people.

Kiijna, Xast, Satis Ironwail, Sekhaina, Shira Forgesparkle, Sfeno, Nasibi, Tegeira, Rhonwe…
25 charracters

Vinceman.4572

Seriously, what’s wrong with you people.

Although I laugh about too high LI requirements because they are bs to me, you’ll literally one-shot every boss with groups of 250+ LI.
The problem is that there are still players trying to sneak into your squad with chat codes (and also macros). You want to avoid these because they are deadweight to your run and if you want to get your weekly full clear very fast such individuals will waste a lot of time and lower the mood of and trust in the squad. Something you really want to prevent.

Sirbeaumerdier.3740

You are kidding me, right?

What does 400 LI prove that 250 doesn’t in regard to relevant raid experience?

Vinceman.4572

He didn’t wrote anything about 400 LI being superior to 250, he just explained how it works to ping the 400 in detail and added some more info how to prevent chat code & macro users from sneaking into a squad.

Sirbeaumerdier.3740

He didn’t wrote anything about 400 LI being superior to 250, he just explained how it works to ping the 400 in detail and added some more info how to prevent chat code & macro users from sneaking into a squad.

I know. I’m just amazed that people would ask to ping stuff the way it was described to try and find out if its really 500 and not just 250.

I mean, why bother at all if the difference between 250 and 300/400/500 is, to me at least, not really relevant.

apharma.3741

I know. I’m just amazed that people would ask to ping stuff the way it was described to try and find out if its really 500 and not just 250.

I mean, why bother at all if the difference between 250 and 300/400/500 is, to me at least, not really relevant.

At the moment you can have legendary armour and probably another 50-100 LI’s and be classed as dead weight to a team. By dead weight I mean fail mechanics constantly and doing very subpar DPS while also reducing raid DPS because they have to rez you all the time. By subpar I don’t mean a DPS role doing 23k DPS, I mean them doing more like 15k or less which means if another dps role is not playing at maximum efficiency or worse still one of the buffers isn’t buffing well you can fail DPS checks that are otherwise very easy.

So yes, while the requirements might seem high the reality is there’s a lot of chaff that’s been carried through raids by organised groups or regular raid groups and they have a large amount of LI.

Sirbeaumerdier.3740

At the moment you can have legendary armour and probably another 50-100 LI’s and be classed as dead weight to a team. By dead weight I mean fail mechanics constantly and doing very subpar DPS while also reducing raid DPS because they have to rez you all the time. By subpar I don’t mean a DPS role doing 23k DPS, I mean them doing more like 15k or less which means if another dps role is not playing at maximum efficiency or worse still one of the buffers isn’t buffing well you can fail DPS checks that are otherwise very easy.

So yes, while the requirements might seem high the reality is there’s a lot of chaff that’s been carried through raids by organised groups or regular raid groups and they have a large amount of LI.

I do not dispute many are carried (including myself sometimes). I’m seriously questionning the value of LI and how relevant a difference between 250 and 500 really is.

If you are a “dead weight” at 250 LI, having 50 or 100 more likely won’t change much since you already had tons of opportunities to change. Look for other indicators, like missing mechanics, to decide if the player is as experienced as you would like him/her to be. Because if it is true you can have 250 LI and be “dead weight”, you also have several players who have a fraction as many and are already pretty decent for a lot of reasons.

Lets be honest, LI requirement is already lazy. The more LI you have, the less of a difference it should make. Your first 10 LI says more than the 10 coming after. After 150? After 250? Its, IMO, just kittened and elitist in the worst possible way.

apharma.3741

I do not dispute many are carried (including myself sometimes). I’m seriously questionning the value of LI and how relevant a difference between 250 and 500 really is.

If you are a “dead weight” at 250 LI, having 50 or 100 more likely won’t change much since you already had tons of opportunities to change. Look for other indicators, like missing mechanics, to decide if the player is as experienced as you would like him/her to be. Because if it is true you can have 250 LI and be “dead weight”, you also have several players who have a fraction as many and are already pretty decent for a lot of reasons.

Lets be honest, LI requirement is already lazy. The more LI you have, the less of a difference it should make. Your first 10 LI says more than the 10 coming after. After 150? After 250? Its, IMO, just kittened and elitist in the worst possible way.

Well escort got released almost a year ago so that’s 50 LI you can get while being not even remotely good enough to do harder bosses. Spirit Vale got released 6 months before that, assuming you could get through VG as it’s probably the easiest due to how much people have killed it, that’s another 50-70 LI’s. Salvation pass was released in Jan 2016 so if you did trio every week which also isn’t hard that would be about 60 LI.

Current total for the easiest ones is 170 LI.

Bastion of the penitent has been out for 13 weeks and contains 2-3 bosses that offer very little challenge. Indeed a healer ele can pretty much carry a group through Cairn with them messing up a lot of mechanics. We can make that a round 30 LI assuming you sometimes kill Samarog or it takes you several weeks to realise stack on tail and hit.

Current total for easy low hanging LI is 200.

So the reality is you could just by being poor but getting into a good group that carries you get 250 fairly easily. In order to get 400-500 you must have killed multiple bosses week in week out. That is what people are wanting you to prove with the high LI requirement and what it shows. That or you are incredibly rich in game and have bought all your kills at great expense, something that will quickly become unviable.

Sirbeaumerdier.3740

Well escort got released almost a year ago so that’s 50 LI you can get while being not even remotely good enough to do harder bosses. Spirit Vale got released 6 months before that, assuming you could get through VG as it’s probably the easiest due to how much people have killed it, that’s another 50-70 LI’s. Salvation pass was released in Jan 2016 so if you did trio every week which also isn’t hard that would be about 60 LI.

Current total for the easiest ones is 170 LI.

Bastion of the penitent has been out for 13 weeks and contains 2-3 bosses that offer very little challenge. Indeed a healer ele can pretty much carry a group through Cairn with them messing up a lot of mechanics. We can make that a round 30 LI assuming you sometimes kill Samarog or it takes you several weeks to realise stack on tail and hit.

Current total for easy low hanging LI is 200.

So the reality is you could just by being poor but getting into a good group that carries you get 250 fairly easily. In order to get 400-500 you must have killed multiple bosses week in week out. That is what people are wanting you to prove with the high LI requirement and what it shows. That or you are incredibly rich in game and have bought all your kills at great expense, something that will quickly become unviable.

So, if I understand the reasoning, we need to have more LIs than can be possible to acquire with only 2 or 3 boss all year? So, each years, this required total will rise by 150 or so?

How long, knowing you can only ping a stack at a time, before this scheme become absolutely pointless?

Isn’t it better to ask for boss specific decorarions. It is, after all, a better guarantee, no?

(edited by Sirbeaumerdier.3740)

apharma.3741

So, if I understand the reasoning, we need to have more LIs than can be possible to acquire with only 2 or 3 boss all year? So, each years, this required total will rise by 150 or so?

How long, knowing you can only ping a stack at a time, before this scheme become absolutely pointless?

Isn’t it better to ask for boss specific decorarions. It is, after all, a better guarantee, no?

Well then you’d have to keep something like Deimos every week, there’s also the RNG of the decorations, you could do it 10 times perfectly and get maybe 15-20 decorations or do it 5 times and get the same number. What is more likely is people will ask to ping legendary armour sets assuming people have 2 sets then some LI. That or CM titles but again you can be carried through it.

Sirbeaumerdier.3740

Well then you’d have to keep something like Deimos every week, there’s also the RNG of the decorations, you could do it 10 times perfectly and get maybe 15-20 decorations or do it 5 times and get the same number. What is more likely is people will ask to ping legendary armour sets assuming people have 2 sets then some LI. That or CM titles but again you can be carried through it.

There will always be a risk of having been carried, but at least the other metrics are more coherent and practical with what you say you really seek.

And in any event, you will figure it out soon enough if someone doesn’t have sufficient knowledge of the fight or the required rotation.

Actions speaks louder than a mountain of LI.

Posted by: Gambino.2109

Gambino.2109

I love how some ask for more ping for wing 4…. that wing is freaking easiest

If anything I’d ask for 100 pings for wing 3 which seems to be the hardest with all the KC and Xera Shenanigan bugs and glider failures.

Talindra.4958

Anet
pls make title and also achievement for making multiple set of legendary armors
just finished making second set, don’t see why I should make another set if there is no achievements or reward of making it. and the only reason to continue to play raids

Australia

Sirbeaumerdier.3740

Anet
just finished making second set, don’t see why I should make another set if there is no achievements or reward of making it. and the only reason to continue to play raids

So raids aren’t even fun enough to justify your time?

Talindra.4958

Sorry guys and gals . Can we pls don’t hijack this thread? Not about you can’t get in raids not about your feeling about joinning150li 250li 500li pug raids. Or it opinion about ppl skill on how many li they hv.
Half of the post lost its track.
This is about legendary armour tittle. Thanks .. I hv no interest to discuss anything else on this post.

Australia

Sirbeaumerdier.3740

Sorry guys and gals . Can we pls don’t hijack this thread? Not about you can’t get in raids not about your feeling about joinning150li 250li 500li pug raids. Or it opinion about ppl skill on how many li they hv.
Half of the post lost its track.
This is about legendary armour tittle. Thanks .. I hv no interest to discuss anything else on this post.

This was all about legendary armour title btw. I merely argued it was not necessary is all. It is a valid reply to the topic IMHO.

Personnally, I see nothing wrong with a title in itself as long as it doesn’t become yet another dumb tool to discriminate ala 300+ LI. Which is what I’m hearing…

Talindra.4958

Suggestion on how you would like title and achievements to be like. Base on number of pieces base on type and how much achievement points .. discuss this here. Thanks

Australia

Talindra.4958

If making leg armour upon completed a set received a free gift eg a mini with leg amour on.
Or reward a special infusion after crafting all three sets.

Australia

Posted by: Ashen.2907

Ashen.2907

I would hope that exclusive access to the top tier of armor in the game would be sufficient reward for raiding.

Talindra.4958

sorry that I keep coming back to this thread.
would like to attach a screenshot of this collection for asc armor. would really appreciate if anet would consider completing collection of legendary armor is worth the work by implementing legendary armor collection similar to the asc armor collections.
the friends around me in the game, they are holding on to the legendary insights, gold and materials and not making legendary armor because there isn’t a reward or achievements from doing it. these are ap hunters in game.. they are doing every part of the content in the game. any additional achievement collections will add to the play time of players which is positive to the game. I strongly urge anet to add an achievement collection for legendary armor such as that in the attached screenshot

if we can have a collection for each weight of armor with title, that will be really nice, instead of lumping all 3 in one since legendary armor takes a long time to achieve. so its an achievement worth noting.

Attachments:

Australia

(edited by Talindra.4958)

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

I would hope that exclusive access to the top tier of armor in the game would be sufficient reward for raiding.

Yeah, a legendary armor is a reward enough in itself. I don’t see why anyone should be rewarded for being rewarded.

Anet

If you really have no other reason to play raids anymore, then you should shift to content that still is fun to you.

(also, that’s why these kinds of rewards should not be used as a way to maintain participation)

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

(edited by Astralporing.1957)

Mel.3064

Yeah, a legendary armor is a reward enough in itself. I don’t see why anyone should be rewarded for being rewarded.

The legendary armors are ugly as sin, I already reskinned my 2 and a half sets.
The amount of effort, time and gold it takes to get them is definitely not represented by the current reward. The convenience of them also seems to be a lot lower than I hoped for.

(edited by Mel.3064)

Ze Dos Cavalos.6132

Legendary armors are not a raid reward, you just get one of the mats for legendary armor from raids…
Still costs like 3k gold to craft a full set of armor, so getting a title to craft all of them is nothing surprising..
And saying that there shouldn’t be ap for being rewarded then most of the game ap should be removed..
All the collections ap should be removed, coz getting all the skins is reward enough.

The reason anet don’t make legendary armor ap is coz most of the ppl wont be able to get them all and many will come to the forum and cry.
But its ok gw2 was always a casual friendly game I don’t rly care that much, I’m already happy with the armor

[DIE] Death is Energy

Talindra.4958

Mel.3064 – gz for your 2 and half sets made.. I stop at 2 sets.. made medium and light. but whether the skin is pretty or not its personal preference. i do think there should be an achievement provision for making second sets, and third sets since they are lengthy to get them done if the person hasn’t got enough raids done. being said, I also wish anet make some good trading for remaining li’s so people continue to do raids for a reason. at this stage I have cumulated around 530 li. could be more if I didn’t stop playing. atm my partner and me have done all content in game except pvp which we will do them too while waiting for leak and new updates to come.

Australia

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

Legendary armors are not a raid reward, you just get one of the mats for legendary armor from raids…

Whole collection is raid-based. That’s not “just one of the mats”.

Still costs like 3k gold to craft a full set of armor, so getting a title to craft all of them is nothing surprising..

Why? There’s no special title associated with having a full set of weapons, after all, and crafting it is more costly.

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

Ze Dos Cavalos.6132

Whole collection is to get precursor armor, raids rewards us with ascended precursor armor, to craft the armor to legendary is a whole different story.
The only material for LEGENDARY armor you get from raids is Legendary insights and precursor.
You can get precursor armor and have only 50li, so having full collection done proves you have some exp much not enough for some groups.

Like op and many others said we want a title for owning all skins so we can just show title and join raid pug with no problem.
You don’t need to ping legendary weapons to join any team for any content in the game, but to join some raid groups you need to ping full set of armor and switch to another char to ping another set of armor..
When you change team a few times becomes annoying to keep repeating that cycle of pinging and changing chars..

[DIE] Death is Energy