in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Mel.3064

Mel.3064

Forum bug? I cannot see any posts.

Titles for legendary armors

Posted by: mazut.4296

mazut.4296

I don’t care for such titles, BUT they will be very handy when joining high LI groups. Instead of showing LI, you can show titles and they cant be faked!

Posted by: Talindra.4958

Talindra.4958

well yes exactly.

Champion Magus & Phantom, Demon’s Demise, The Archdesigner.
Death is Energy [DIE] – Gandara EU
Australia

Posted by: Seera.5916

Seera.5916

If they put in a similar title for owning all Legendary weapons from the base and a similar title for owning all Legendary weapons from HoT, then I’d be fine with a own all legendary armor from HoT title being added.

But there’s nothing special about legendary armor that’s not special about legendary weapons so it wouldn’t be fair to reward getting all of the armor pieces but not getting all of the weapons.

Mel.3064

If they put in a similar title for owning all Legendary weapons from the base and a similar title for owning all Legendary weapons from HoT, then I’d be fine with a own all legendary armor from HoT title being added.

But there’s nothing special about legendary armor that’s not special about legendary weapons so it wouldn’t be fair to reward getting all of the armor pieces but not getting all of the weapons.

Legendary Armor is special because you are required to raid 12 weeks for one set and a total of 60 sets for all 3 sets and spend thousands of gold in addition. Legendary weapons are not timegated or skillgated by anything last time I checked.

Posted by: Linken.6345

Linken.6345

Legendary Armor is special because you are required to raid 12 weeks for one set and a total of 60 sets for all 3 sets and spend thousands of gold in addition. Legendary weapons are not timegated or skillgated by anything last time I checked.

Ofcourse they are.
Take time to get all the map completions on alts and drops/buy all the precoursors.
You just raid for yours can do it on 1 character and get all 3 100% no rng over time.

Seera.5916

And there are titles for collecting junk.

I’d be fine if the armor one gave more AP for it, it is more skill based than legendary weapons are.

Posted by: Deihnyx.6318

Deihnyx.6318

Well LI should be easier to get overtime, with more raid wings being added.
It’s a lot faster to get LIs today than it was when HoT came out.

Also, Astralaria is timegated by a stupid journal collection

Mel.3064

More raid bosses may lower the time gate, but the time you need to spend raiding each week will go up in return.

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

More raid bosses may lower the time gate, but the time you need to spend raiding each week will go up in return.

Yes, if you want to obtain something faster, you need to spend more time each day on it. Nothing special about it – almost everything in this game works that way.

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

Mel.3064

Yes, if you want to obtain something faster, you need to spend more time each day on it. Nothing special about it – almost everything in this game works that way.

Indeed, but currently the 13 bosses can be handled by the time budget of a casual, it will get harder as more bosses are added. Not that I expect any new raid before expansion 2.

Seera.5916

Indeed, but currently the 13 bosses can be handled by the time budget of a casual, it will get harder as more bosses are added. Not that I expect any new raid before expansion 2.

But for the casual that finds a raid boss that’s just really hard for them do, more bosses means they get more % of the available LI each day.

Considering there are titles for things that require no skill at all, it’s not reasonable to say that if there is a title for getting all of the HoT legendary armor, than the core legendary weapons and the HoT legendary weapons each get their own title.

Linken.6345

But for the casual that finds a raid boss that’s just really hard for them do, more bosses means they get more % of the available LI each day.

Considering there are titles for things that require no skill at all, it’s not reasonable to say that if there is a title for getting all of the HoT legendary armor, than the core legendary weapons and the HoT legendary weapons each get their own title.

Why not tho they take just as much dedication to make/farm for as the armor tho and if someone want to buy said title with their credit card ( talking about the one for all core legendaries) how is that any diffrent then the guy who buy raid kills to get their armors?

Seera.5916

Why not tho they take just as much dedication to make/farm for as the armor tho and if someone want to buy said title with their credit card ( talking about the one for all core legendaries) how is that any diffrent then the guy who buy raid kills to get their armors?

Not sure what you’re getting at here. What point are you trying to make? Because you seem to think I’m against weapons getting titles based on what impression I get from the post. I’m not. So maybe I’m misunderstanding what point you’re trying to make?

Linken.6345

Not sure what you’re getting at here. What point are you trying to make? Because you seem to think I’m against weapons getting titles based on what impression I get from the post. I’m not. So maybe I’m misunderstanding what point you’re trying to make?

Well maybe I read it wrong but saying it’s not reasonable to say that if there is a title for getting all of the HoT legendary armor, than the core legendary weapons and the HoT legendary weapons each get their own title.

Sure sound like you say legendary armor should get a title but weapons should not.

Seera.5916

Well maybe I read it wrong but saying it’s not reasonable to say that if there is a title for getting all of the HoT legendary armor, than the core legendary weapons and the HoT legendary weapons each get their own title.

Sure sound like you say legendary armor should get a title but weapons should not.

Oops. Meant to say if it IS reasonable for HoT legendary armor to get a title, then the core weapons and HoT weapons are reasonable candidates for getting titles.

Linken.6345

I see well its in the middle of the night a keyboard slip here and there should be expected

Mel.3064

Oops. Meant to say if it IS reasonable for HoT legendary armor to get a title, then the core weapons and HoT weapons are reasonable candidates for getting titles.

yes it is reasonable to request titles for other legendaries, but this is the fractals, dungeons and raids subforum, so the wrong place to ask for that, since those have nothing to do with those instances.

Linken.6345

yes it is reasonable to request titles for other legendaries, but this is the fractals, dungeons and raids subforum, so the wrong place to ask for that, since those have nothing to do with those instances.

Oh but you are wrong legendary weapons are tied to dungeons so its fine to ask for it here.

Posted by: apharma.3741

apharma.3741

Oh but you are wrong legendary weapons are tied to dungeons so its fine to ask for it here.

Very very loosely tied to them. You have to do what, 5 paths and you’re done, they aren’t even that challenging for most people and can be completed by a group of soldier stats players pressing 1.

First generation legendaries are tied more to map completion and sheer gold cost than anything.

Posted by: Amaimon.7823

Amaimon.7823

Completing 1 set
Advent of Ascension
Completing 2 sets
Advent of Heroism
Completing 3 sets
Advent of Divinity

4 achievements
3 collections: 1 piece = 1AP, 3 piece = 2AP, 6 piece is 4AP (so 7 AP, 21 for 3 sets)
fourth achievement is just “complete Light, Medium and Heavy collection”
worth 25AP and a title with every step

Mel.3064

Completing 1 set
Advent of Ascension
Completing 2 sets
Advent of Heroism
Completing 3 sets
Advent of Divinity

4 achievements
3 collections: 1 piece = 1AP, 3 piece = 2AP, 6 piece is 4AP (so 7 AP, 21 for 3 sets)

Your title suggestions sound good, but should they not give at least 100 AP given the ascended armor already giving 100 AP + title + ascended armor piece of choice? More effort should probably give at least an equal reward.

Amaimon.7823

Completing 1 set
Advent of Ascension
Completing 2 sets
Advent of Heroism
Completing 3 sets
Advent of Divinity

4 achievements

Your title suggestions sound good, but should they not give at least 100 AP given the ascended armor already giving 100 AP + title + ascended armor piece of choice? More effort should probably give at least an equal reward.

The numbers were just randomly chosen. Anet should decide whats fair value. They dont necessiraly need more AP since you have 3 pre-achievements as well, thats for anet to decide

Mel.3064

Probably true, but it would not hurt to give a fair amount of AP. For people like me who didnt play during LS1 it is almost impossible to get the 30k+ AP rewards.

Talindra.4958

If they make this happen tittle n ap, I will start making my third set. Currently hv two full sets.

Australia

Posted by: Rednik.3809

Rednik.3809

It’s not like someone is stopping you from doing it right now. System is fine as is.

Kiijna, Xast, Satis Ironwail, Sekhaina, Shira Forgesparkle, Sfeno, Nasibi, Tegeira, Rhonwe…
25 charracters

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

It’s not like someone is stopping you from doing it right now. System is fine as is.

Well, to be honest, medium is ugly as Zinn. Probably even uglier, at that.

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

Talindra.4958

Mmmm I only do for ap and tittle. Nothing else stop me but ap motivates. My husband spent 2k gold on 1 ap .. he would make all set for it to hv ap n tittle. Dont think anyone would understand but ah well

Australia

Posted by: Sirbeaumerdier.3740

Sirbeaumerdier.3740

Well, to be honest, medium is ugly as Zinn. Probably even uglier, at that.

So is light… Only heavy is good looking IMHO.

Seera.5916

Ah, but it was a counter argument. I don’t particularly care if they add in titles for getting all legendary armor or all legendary weapons. It’s not something I plan on doing and a title and some AP wouldn’t be enough to get me to do it. But it’s only fair that if they reward for getting all legendary armor, they should reward for getting all legendary weapons. Which is why I countered with what I did.

I can’t exactly post the counter argument in it’s own thread in General Discussion and expect the OP of this post to see it or get that it was a counter argument, now can I?

Posted by: FrizzFreston.5290

FrizzFreston.5290

There’s probably a reason why such long term goals and rewards are not rewarded with alot of AP.

“It isn’t working!” CL4P-TP
Ingame Name: Guardian Erik

Posted by: perry.9645

perry.9645

finished 3rd set yesterday there is no hidden ap or so for it just in case some where wondering

Mel.3064

There’s probably a reason why such long term goals and rewards are not rewarded with alot of AP.

In my initial post I did not include an AP suggestion because that is secondary to me, but if someone brings it up I will comment on it.

It is nowhere near as long term goal than some other silly stuff like 250k WvW kills or 10k wins in pvp.

750 LI / 13 = 58 weeks of weekly raid clearing, lets be generous, maybe 4 hours of raid on average in worst case. You are looking at 232 hours of raiding for 3 sets of legendary armor. Good guild or static groups probably need way less.

And generally harder achievements should give more AP, otherwise what is the point of the AP reward system? I can see some special achievements like killing an Anet dev rewarding 0 or close to nothing, but it is not the case here.

Posted by: thrag.9740

thrag.9740

“Added a new achievement for acquiring legendary armor pieces.”

Can anyone find it? I checked legendary armor and rare collections and a bunch of other places?

edit: friend found it. General-Explorer tab- legendary armor, includes title for all 3 sets.

(edited by thrag.9740)

Talindra.4958

Hurrrrrahhhh!!!!! Thanks anet for making this happen. I still need few more li to make the third set.. and a lot of farming to do now in my next to do list. Thanks for listening to us.

Australia

Mel.3064

Thanks Anet, not exactly as suggested, but better than nothing (1 title for each set progress would be better)

FrizzFreston.5290

In my initial post I did not include an AP suggestion because that is secondary to me, but if someone brings it up I will comment on it.

It is nowhere near as long term goal than some other silly stuff like 250k WvW kills or 10k wins in pvp.

750 LI / 13 = 58 weeks of weekly raid clearing, lets be generous, maybe 4 hours of raid on average in worst case. You are looking at 232 hours of raiding for 3 sets of legendary armor. Good guild or static groups probably need way less.

And generally harder achievements should give more AP, otherwise what is the point of the AP reward system? I can see some special achievements like killing an Anet dev rewarding 0 or close to nothing, but it is not the case here.

Its a pretty long term goal no matter how you look at it. And Anet gave them 15 AP for all the sets. (Pretty similar to ascended armor but alot less AP) I doubt I can get a full reason as to why harder achievements have less AP as I don’t quite know. But my guess is that they make it so the acquirement of all the AP isnt focussed on the big big goals and instead is more spread out with a good level of enticement to each of them. Exceptions may apply.

Like getting max stats and thus ascended armour is way more important of a goal than legendary armour.

Like defeating a raid boss once gives about the same as getting all the legendary armour because it’s more important to at least make it once than to do the same trick over and over.

At least that seems to me why some of these long term goals dont reward as much as you think they should. Though yeah there are some that reward quite a bit that dont follow that trend.

Still though. I think its good they added it. A title for each of them seems silly. Pinging LI requirements was never a thing that was by design and really doesnt need a title for every single legendary armour just because players feel the need to arbitrarilly seek the difference between a 150 li person and 450 one. I mean you could also communicate maturely when something is not going fluidly at that point. (Or any li point really)

Posted by: Avster.1935

Avster.1935

100% agreed with title at each tier.

100% disagree with some of the comments of showing “commitment” via the title. Because there are people like me who only like 1 set, so we make that one, and have like 500+ LI lying about because we don’t want to make the other sets…

Does anyone know what the current title is for completing it all 3 sets?

Evelyn Whitehawk | Exalted Legend | Demons’s Demise | I Transmuted My Legendary Medium Coat

Posted by: perry.9645

perry.9645

Does anyone know what the current title is for completing it all 3 sets?

The Title is “Envoy’s Hero”

Attachments:

Mel.3064

Now that WvW and PvP get legendary armor also the name and description of the achievement should be changed. Otherwise people will soon demand that their purely grind based armor counts towards this achievement/title, making it pretty pointless as a proof of raid experience…

Attachments:

FrizzFreston.5290

That would mean ArenaNet decided it’s not a raid proof experience title at all. I said it before, I really don’t think that such raid experience checks need to be actively endorsed by ArenaNet in the first place. If someone wants all these specific requirements, that is really more on the player, and player regulated, rather than giving more tools to differentiate between different pick up groups as a must have thing that is really needed. (It’s not at all)

ArenaNet has been about working together, regardless of eachothers differences,

In fact, getting more players in the game mode, something that encourages helping people that aren’t as good is a multitude more important than something that is somehow meant to differentiate between various degrees of experienced players.

At least that’s my opinion I guess. I wouldn’t find it hugely bad if they decided this is a raid title. Though I would vouch for changing the achievement name into Legendary Raid Armorer, then. If not putting it somewhere else.

EDIT: I suppose it’s not progressing the achievement. As indicated in the WvW forum. Though I still stand by what I said here.

(edited by FrizzFreston.5290)

Mel.3064

That is a huge relief, but the description should be updated anway to make it clear. Not everyone checks the forums.

Posted by: Rednik.3809

Rednik.3809

Now that WvW and PvP get legendary armor also the name and description of the achievement should be changed. Otherwise people will soon demand that their purely grind based armor counts towards this achievement/title, making it pretty pointless as a proof of raid experience…

Except that it does not proving any experience, only the fact of owning 3 armor sets. Oh, and in 2 months (probably even sooner), power creep will hit again and raids will be self nerfed, effectively devaluing your title even further.

Kiijna, Xast, Satis Ironwail, Sekhaina, Shira Forgesparkle, Sfeno, Nasibi, Tegeira, Rhonwe…
25 charracters

Posted by: Vinceman.4572

Vinceman.4572

Owning thre armor sets is the equivalent to having 750 Legendary Insights which are needed to craft those, not more nor less.
I would call a person that has bought all those runs + the collections as very rare and even if such player would get into your group you’ll identify that fast. It’s highly unlikely the next one of the LFG is from the same quality so yeah, it makes sense to ask for that title instead of LI for players that have spend all of them for the armors.

Took me 3 runs of the dungeon to get the bug.

FrizzFreston.5290

Yeah, I would never say that it’s not a proof of experience. I just don’t see it as something that needs to be made just to differentiate between LIs easier.

A completionist title to have all the armors is and achievement that you can show of first and foremost. But to say you’d need titles at different stages of LI as some sort of additional level system, seems to go way beyond what that achievement should entail.

Mel.3064

I think it is time to update the text of the achievement, I regularily get asked wether the pvp and wvw legendary armors count towards this title or not. Something that could easily be avoided by updating the text.

Posted by: jokke.6239

jokke.6239

We still don’t have a title for 5 legendary weapons .. So wouldn’t count on it

Mel.3064

You are late, the title already got added. Just the description is not accurate with pvp and wvw legendary armors.

Posted by: jokke.6239

jokke.6239

You are late, the title already got added. Just the description is not accurate with pvp and wvw legendary armors.

And what is the title called?

Amaimon.7823

And what is the title called?

Envoy’s Herald
But its only awarded for finishing all three weight classes, so you’re still gonna have to carry the armor on all your raiding characters to prove you have it