Today I finished every dungeon except arah

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Holy Socks.3195

Holy Socks.3195

I would like to do some of them again but thanks to the new update that is now a complete waste of time.

Please wake up and realise that the only people you’re hurting with the token change is the players who’ve been supporting and playing your dungeons daily with many alts since release.

You did a great thing with unique PvE skins but it was completely counterbalanced by this unnecessary change. You’d make ALOT of people happy if you reverted it.

Posted by: Nike Porphyrogenita.8137

Nike Porphyrogenita.8137

Why don’t you do Arah before the QQ about nothing to do starts?

Death and Taxes [DnT]
http://www.twitch.tv/nike_dnt
DnT is Recruiting – http://www.dtguilds.com/

Holy Socks.3195

Because i’d rather kill myself than run Arah with pugs.

Posted by: Anubarak.3012

Anubarak.3012

so run it alone^^
path 2 is possible with every profession, path 3 only with mes and thief

[rT]

Posted by: Chryzo.8906

Chryzo.8906

can’t the light bulb thingy actually be done by all ^^ ?

Posted by: Anubarak.3012

Anubarak.3012

not solo

[rT]

Posted by: DelOnasi.6051

DelOnasi.6051

so run it alone^^
path 2 is possible with every profession, path 3 only with mes and thief

Orochi/Zogyark actually managed this as a necromancer: http://youtu.be/kziEjoTqMQI

However, the main technique he used for lupicus was nerfed to the ground last patch, so I’m not sure if the Lupicus fight is doable anymore (Orochi was the only one to do it pre-nerf).

Of course, for the vast majority of players, trying arah solo probably isn’t worth it only for the reward, even if it is 3 gold now. For most players, arah with pugs is better than arah solo.

Dungeon Master ~ Litter of Lions [Arch] Admin ~ Devona’s Rest

Posted by: Alex.9106

Alex.9106

Every class can do p3 solo, since the last update.
Theres this sweet little thing called watchwork portal device.
Every class can do mesmer portals now

Posted by: haviz.1340

haviz.1340

Every class can do p3 solo, since the last update.
Theres this sweet little thing called watchwork portal device.
Every class can do mesmer portals now

Which costs more than you would get reward for the whole path.

Posted by: Dub.1273

Dub.1273

I surely did all those lupicus solos for the silver he drops.

Edit: What necro mechanic zogyark used has been nerfed?

Dub | [rT]
#LoveArrows2013, never forget.

Posted by: Doctor Orderly MD PhD DDS.7625

Doctor Orderly MD PhD DDS.7625

Wait, this isn’t a troll thread?

Posted by: spoj.9672

spoj.9672

You can still solo lupi with a necro. And you can solo p3 with a necro. Id say its easier to solo lupi now with the lifeforce buffs and the cooldown buffs.

Posted by: Bismuth.3165

Bismuth.3165

I’m confused, title said you did all dungeons but arah, so I assumed you were looking for a group to help, but you’re complaining about dungeon changes, which are very beneficial to people who do arah, and later you write that you’d rather die than pug arah, I thought you never did arah?? what exactly are you trying to say?
PS: I did arah p3 in 30 minutes before, more than once, same thing for p2, you just have to find a good pug and add him as a friend.

Jeeha (ele) and Jeeha The Warrior
Is currently emotionally unstable because Breaking Bad is over

Holy Socks.3195

I’m confused, title said you did all dungeons but arah, so I assumed you were looking for a group to help, but you’re complaining about dungeon changes, which are very beneficial to people who do arah, and later you write that you’d rather die than pug arah, I thought you never did arah?? what exactly are you trying to say?
PS: I did arah p3 in 30 minutes before, more than once, same thing for p2, you just have to find a good pug and add him as a friend.

I’m saying that regardless of whether or not i’ve done Arah on any given day I shouldn’t be FORCED into running it just because i’ve finished everything else if I want to make some more gold, especially considering that the danger of getting a pug who’ll waste possibly hours of my time is so much higher than in the other dungeons.

I know full well Arah can be run fast, i’m just not willing to take that risk, i’d much rather do the other dungeons again on my alts. What I really don’t understand about the change is why they didn’t just implement a cooldown on the token rewards, like immediately after they changed it from 20 tokens to 60 tokens a path there was I believe a 2 hour period you had to wait to do it on an alt to get the full reward again.

This would ensure that people aren’t running the same dungeon 5-7 times a day yet would be fair to the people who would like to do many dungeons on alts.

Posted by: Bismuth.3165

Bismuth.3165

I think you should post this in the suggestion section, do you really think devs take a look at this section, and yeah, +1 to what you’re saying from me

Jeeha (ele) and Jeeha The Warrior
Is currently emotionally unstable because Breaking Bad is over

Posted by: swiftpaw.6397

swiftpaw.6397

I pugged all 4 paths of Arah once. I came out alive O_O

Grandmaster Forum Mind Brain
|-Swiftpaw Sharpclaw [DnT]-|

Posted by: The Mexican Cookie.3690

The Mexican Cookie.3690

You’re not being forced to do anything, stop being such a drama queen. Do the content that you find bearable and rewarding, avoid the content you don’t want to do. Wow, this is pretty difficult stuff.

Holy Socks.3195

You’re not being forced to do anything, stop being such a drama queen. Do the content that you find bearable and rewarding, avoid the content you don’t want to do. Wow, this is pretty difficult stuff.

The problem I have is the content I find bearable and rewarding stops being rewarding after i’ve done it once.

Posted by: Vol.5241

Vol.5241

I pugged all 4 paths of Arah once. I came out alive O_O

it’s people like you who deserve a Legendary :P

[Permabanned on Forums]
[Currently Inactive, Playing BF4]
Magic find works. http://sinasdf.imgur.com/

Posted by: Syn Sity.5826

Syn Sity.5826

I agree that doing dungeons on alts should give 60 tokens still, but they are clearly discouraging repeatable content.

[DnT]

Posted by: mehcetylene.2376

mehcetylene.2376

Their intention was to encourage people to try other paths instead of the ones they’re comfortable with (even though they apparently have no concept of “effort vs reward”).

I remember before the token reward was at the end of the dungeon and each boss gave tokens. It was hard finding a group willing to continue past the first boss (which they farmed repeatedly), much less actually finishing the dungeon.

At least now people who don’t like to do the same path for hours on end are better rewarded.

Nike Porphyrogenita.8137

The problem I have is the content I find bearable and rewarding stops being rewarding after i’ve done it once.

Oddly enough, the content I find rewarding stops being bearable after I’ve done it once.

In any major system change, there will inevitably be winners and losers. In this case, the losers are the people who farm the same dungeon path(s) repeatedly. The winners are people who do a little bit of everything. Sucks that you are on the wrong side of the deal, but that happens from time to time.

Additionally, we all saw this coming far, far in advance. So don’t pretend these changes are some surprise that blindsided you, as these implications were talked to death prior to implementation.

Death and Taxes [DnT]

Holy Socks.3195

Oddly enough, the content I find rewarding stops being bearable after I’ve done it once.

In any major system change, there will inevitably be winners and losers. In this case, the losers are the people who farm the same dungeon path(s) repeatedly. The winners are people who do a little bit of everything. Sucks that you are on the wrong side of the deal, but that happens from time to time.

Additionally, we all saw this coming far, far in advance. So don’t pretend these changes are some surprise that blindsided you, as these implications were talked to death prior to implementation.

I would hardly call doing 90% of the possible dungeons regularly doing the same paths over and over again. It’s just I want to do these dungeons again and I can’t. And if I do it’s an extreme waste of time and I may aswell be farming their kittenty laggy pavillion with the rest of the zerg.

You talk about winners and losers with the change but the winners are anet and the losers are the people who’re committed to running lots of different dungeons in a day on multiple accounts. There is absolutely NO reason why there shouldn’t be a 2 hour cooldown AT LEAST for the token rewards to be avaliable for alts.

And of course these changes blindsinded me, please cite me where it was mentioned that the new dungeon rewards would make the tokens account bound aswell, it wasn’t even mentioned in the official patch notes. They changed it when they first changed the dungeon reward system back in October or so and this was for the better, why on earth would I expect anet to take one step forward and two steps back?

Nike Porphyrogenita.8137

What result are you looking for with this thread in specific? As I said, there will always be winners and losers in any change of system. You didn’t end up on the happy side. We get it. Some of us are there too. But making BHB QQ posts is ridiculous.

Death and Taxes [DnT]

Posted by: TheMaskedParadigm.3629

TheMaskedParadigm.3629

What result are you looking for with this thread in specific? As I said, there will always be winners and losers in any change of system. You didn’t end up on the happy side. We get it. Some of us are there too. But making BHB QQ posts is ridiculous.

Plus one for BHB

Brazil
Youtube Channel – http://www.youtube.com/t3llularman

Posted by: Wraith.9426

Wraith.9426

Everyone is completely missing the point of his thread. He is talking about the nerf to getting 60 tokens on alts, something that I’ve written posts about too. I don’t care if they keep the gold bonus account bound, there was no reason to nerf tokens on alts. Keeping the gold account bound would make running a variety of dungeons more profitable, but not everyone is running them just to make gold. Some of us farm tokens to gear up our characters with different stat sets or cosmetic sets. Obviously, if you are going for a cosmetic set it doesn’t make sense to do a variety of dungeons, you just want to do the one for the set you want. Getting full token rewards for alts was a way to reward those of us who put a lot of time and effort into leveling and gearing multiple characters. That reward has been taken away from us. Does it make sense that a person with 1 level 80 should be able to acquire a gear set in the same amount of time as a person with 6 level 80s, when the latter person obviously needs 6x as many pieces of gear?

Blackgate ~~[Ons]laught~~

Posted by: Iehova.9518

Iehova.9518

What result are you looking for with this thread in specific?

Not OP obviously, but this change has effectively killed ALL my incentive to ever run dungeons more than once a day. Back in the day™ I used to run multiple dungeons on my characters but now there is no reason to do so.

Hopefully it’ll get reverted. But it’s the smart and sensible thing to do and we KNOW Anet can’t do that.

Posted by: Bunmaster.9734

Bunmaster.9734

Before this patch i used to repeat several paths on several characters. I do that mostly because i enjoy them. Paths like Arah 2 and 3, CoE 1,2,3. Now i all i can do, is run each of them once, because subsequent runs are worthless.

Since the patch i had been running pretty much every popular path every day. Sure i made more money, but i’d rather make a bit less gold and rerun certain paths if they reverted the token nerf.

Posted by: Jzl.8715

Jzl.8715

Yesterday I saw people selling Arah p1/p2 spot for 4g each, I think it’s quite neat.

[PLUM] – SOR

Posted by: SkyChef.5432

SkyChef.5432

It has been proven for a long time that human is remarkable. They always know how to make lemonade from lemon.

People are too serious of their knowledge.

Posted by: DelOnasi.6051

DelOnasi.6051

The death shroud damage overflow and minimum traited death shroud recharge time (traited used to be 5 seconds, now 7). Checking his video again he didn’t use the former as much as I expected, so I’d expect he could still do it (I used to use the overflow all the time for Lupicus, but I’m not as good a player as Orochi).

Dungeon Master ~ Litter of Lions [Arch] Admin ~ Devona’s Rest

Posted by: TheMaskedParadigm.3629

TheMaskedParadigm.3629

It has been proven for a long time that human is remarkable. They always know how to make lemonade from lemon.

They also know how to complain about lemons and drive the lemon vendors out of town with angry mobs.

Brazil
Youtube Channel – http://www.youtube.com/t3llularman

Posted by: Dub.1273

Dub.1273

The death shroud damage overflow and minimum traited death shroud recharge time (traited used to be 5 seconds, now 7). Checking his video again he didn’t use the former as much as I expected, so I’d expect he could still do it (I used to use the overflow all the time for Lupicus, but I’m not as good a player as Orochi).

DS recharge could be 10 seconds and it wouldn’t matter. What is that DS damage overflow, though?

Dub | [rT]

(edited by Dub.1273)

Holy Socks.3195

To clarify:

I can understand why the gold rewards are account bound, but I see no reason for the tokens to also be account bound, there is literally NO reason why this would be a problem if there was a 2 hours limit or so before you can run it on an alt and get the tokens again.

Posted by: spoj.9672

spoj.9672

DS recharge could be 10 seconds and it wouldn’t matter. What is that DS damage overflow, though?

You used to be able to absorb any massive single hit in DS and it wouldnt effect your base hp. As of last patch it now overflows so necros can no longer cliff dive with DS. But DS is now tankier so i have a feeling its better for lupi’s multi hit aoe.

(edited by spoj.9672)

Posted by: docMed.7692

docMed.7692

It still goes 60, 20, 10, 5, 1. Maybe given that there are now champ loot rewards w/ rares/exotics they wanted to limit some of the cosmetic side of the dungeons and make them more exclusive? When you think about it, in hindsight those sets should take some time to farm and with this current system (180 tokens on 1st clears of each path a day), a full set can easily be made up in a little over a week rather than just a day of alt/swapping 6 minute runs. Considering a full dungeon cycle takes rought 6 1/2 hours; you should explore them and stop QQ’ing that your cosmetics (which you probably have all you want by now) and ecto conversion rate was slightly nerfed.