Tokens!

Tokens!

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Mystogan.4157

Mystogan.4157

So im really new to the pve playstyle. I jst finished my first two runs through AC… Took about an hour and a half. So i was wondering where do i spend tokens Nd
what is best to buy. Also we did p1 but i havent done story does that mean i still have to do story?

Thy Shall Fear The Reaper (FxRe)

Tokens!

Posted by: Excursion.9752

Excursion.9752

When you enter a dungeon if your character has not completed the story you will only be given the option to enter the dungeon in story mode once you have finished the story you can now enter it in exploration mode. Keep in mind if you make a new character you will have to do the story mode again.

Tokens are spent in Lions Arch you will see a line of vendors by the WvW gates you have to go to the right vendor for your dungeon , I believe yours will be on the left hand side if your facing the line of them.

Hope that helps.

| 80 (Guardian) Rusty Tooth | 80 (Warrior) Razer Tooth | 80 (Ranger) Eir Stegallkin |
| 80 (Mesmer) Brook Envision | 80 (Thief) Kuro Rin |

Tokens!

Posted by: Mirta.5029

Mirta.5029

the fact that you haven’t done the story means that you can’t lead your own dungeon group (if nobody in your party has done the story when you’ll approach the gate it will only say “story mode” and no “Explorable mode”)
Now with the tokens buy what you need – armor, weapons… If you don’t need anything you can always buy exotic gear and salvage it for ectos

Tokens!

Posted by: Alquinon.2957

Alquinon.2957

You spend the tokens in Fort Marriner in Lion’s Arch. It’s that row of NPCs on the left of the place where you first port in from Heart of the Mists.
No, you don’t /have/ to do story. You only need one person in the group who has done story before to open up the dungeon and everyone else can come in after that. However, the two reasons to get story done are to be able to open the dungeon yourself or to see the story, most of the stories are pretty cool actually. Also note that if you did story on one character, you have to do it on a different character if you want to be able to open the dungeon on the second character. However for the explorer achievements it’s account wide.
With the tokens you are able to get level 80 exotic armor sets and weapons. Sure they offer rare weapon and armor sets but you don’t really need to gear yourself out until level 80. Note that each dungeon has 3 different weapon and armor set with different stats, so you should check out all the stat combinations of each vendor to see what you like the best.

Tokens!

Posted by: Mystogan.4157

Mystogan.4157

the fact that you haven’t done the story means that you can’t lead your own dungeon group (if nobody in your party has done the story when you’ll approach the gate it will only say “story mode” and no “Explorable mode”)
Now with the tokens buy what you need – armor, weapons… If you don’t need anything you can always buy exotic gear and salvage it for ectos

And ectos are used for…. What type of crafting and what fo they craft

Thy Shall Fear The Reaper (FxRe)

Tokens!

Posted by: RedStar.4218

RedStar.4218

Don’t buy exotic gear to salvage them for ectos. Get 4 of the same type, throw them in the mystic forge and sell whatever you got.

Ectos are used to craft exotic armor/weapons/jewels and mystic forge weapons.