Too Easy

Too Easy

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: mikoe.6574

mikoe.6574

Fractal Bosses are too Easy. Many of these boss fights last less than 30 seconds. I am a returning player, I remember doing fractals and changing weapons to match up with stat of fighting boss. It does not matter anymore. They pretty much all fall over. Highlight of a boss fight is removing a condition. lvls 1 – 5 can be like that so people have a place to start and learn. Toughen up the others please. Pretty much the same fight over and over again.

Maybe that is because most groups I join do the same fractal lvls over and over. I don’t think I have joined a group doing the lava bird fractal since I have been back. I jump in pug groups that need a 5th. does seem like we do same fractals most of the time.

Too Easy

Posted by: style.6173

style.6173

Maybe try leveling up. You CANNOT kill any higher level bosses in 30 seconds. Literally none of them.

Too Easy

Posted by: onevstheworld.2419

onevstheworld.2419

What fractal level are you playing?

Since the expansion, fractals now have 100 levels instead of 50, and the lower fractals were made easier. Fractals under 20 ARE for players to learn the encounters. It only starts getting challenging at 30.

Too Easy

Posted by: Cyninja.2954

Cyninja.2954

Fractal levels 1-30 are for inexperienced players and so people can get used to fractals (evident by how more difficult fractals are added later. First Mai Trin for example is at level 25).

Fractal level 31-50 are for intermediate players and to get used to instabilities.

Actual fractals start at 51+ (aproximately equivalent to pre HoT fractal level of 40).

High end fractals can be considered from 75+ with 90+ being the top end.

Now go and do some serious fractals instead of limping around in the infant difficulty mode. Fractals scale up to level 100 for a reason.

That being said, yes fractals overall where changed significantly and especially dealing with agony is no longer as difficult as it used to be. Back in vanilla fractals getting hit by an agony attack ment instant death. Arenanet instead went and added agony to multiple more boss attacks while reducing its lethality.

Too Easy

Posted by: NovaanVerdiano.6174

NovaanVerdiano.6174

Lets be honest though, even on higher scales bosses are no threat whatsoever, they just live longer.

Too Easy

Posted by: Talyn.3295

Talyn.3295

Lets be honest though, even on higher scales bosses are no threat whatsoever, they just live longer.

Pretty much this, they feel like punching bags these days.

“We have now left Reason and Sanity Junction. Next stop, Looneyville.”

Too Easy

onevstheworld.2419

BTW, was it really necessary to make 2 posts on the same issue?
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/bugs/Too-Easy/first#post5996033

Too Easy

Posted by: cranos.5913

cranos.5913

It really is. Fractals completely casualized to something even easier then dungeons should be posted a million times over.

I wonder at which part of their “let’s make fractals harder” plan they decided to nerf boss dmg by 90%. That was just a brilliant idea.

Too Easy

Posted by: reikken.4961

reikken.4961

Yeah trash like mossman and low level molten boss are all easy, but when doing stuff like scale 74 elemental source, you really have to be on top of your game to beat it. Even high level molten boss is pretty hard.

Too Easy

onevstheworld.2419

It really is. Fractals completely casualized to something even easier then dungeons should be posted a million times over.

I wonder at which part of their “let’s make fractals harder” plan they decided to nerf boss dmg by 90%. That was just a brilliant idea.

I’m not arguing fractals couldn’t do with improvement. I’m questioning OP posting in 1 forum, then the same question in another 3 hours later when the original thread has already pointed out he should just attempt higher level fractals and not limit himself to lvl 26

Too Easy

Posted by: Loop.8106

Loop.8106

High lvl Ascalon fractals are still pretty challenging. Especially in solos / duos.

Optimise [OP]

Too Easy

Posted by: bladex.9502

bladex.9502

High lvl Ascalon fractals are still pretty challenging. Especially in solos / duos.

The only challenging thing about Ascalon Fractal is playing a Charr character model

Too Easy

Posted by: Loop.8106

Loop.8106

The only challenging thing about Ascalon Fractal is playing a Charr character model

That and the conditions on arrowcart hits.

Optimise [OP]

Too Easy

Posted by: Minx.7521

Minx.7521

Maybe try leveling up. You CANNOT kill any higher level bosses in 30 seconds. Literally none of them.

LOL I was thinking, hot dang he can kill mossie lvl 77 under 30 secs. I need to know his group’s composition + gear + skill rotations XD

Too Easy

Posted by: Thaddeus.4891

Thaddeus.4891

Personally, I hate how the new fractal work. But whatever the flaws of Fractals now, level 80+ is a harder than level 50 used to be. It take a lot more than 30seconds to kill those bosses and they hit harder than they used to. I’m not a fan of how this difficulty was created (mostly random, uncounterable instability and HP Sponge), but that’s not what the OP complained about. He complained that they are too easy and boss take less than 30sec. Obsviouly he’s didn’t experimented all the level or he wouldn’t say that and he is wrong.

Now you are wrong too, because fractal boss don’t do 90% of their old damage. If you are saying that new level 50 boss do less than current level 50 boss, then yes you are right. But at the same time, the current level scaling is completely different because each level is only 1 island, not 4 like it used to be. If you want to compare, the old level 50 look more like the current level 70 and at that point, the damage of the bosses are about equal if you ask me.

Thaddeauz [xQCx]- QC GUILD

Too Easy

cranos.5913

Personally, I hate how the new fractal work. But whatever the flaws of Fractals now, level 80+ is a harder than level 50 used to be. It take a lot more than 30seconds to kill those bosses and they hit harder than they used to. I’m not a fan of how this difficulty was created (mostly random, uncounterable instability and HP Sponge), but that’s not what the OP complained about. He complained that they are too easy and boss take less than 30sec. Obsviouly he’s didn’t experimented all the level or he wouldn’t say that and he is wrong.

Now you are wrong too, because fractal boss don’t do 90% of their old damage. If you are saying that new level 50 boss do less than current level 50 boss, then yes you are right. But at the same time, the current level scaling is completely different because each level is only 1 island, not 4 like it used to be. If you want to compare, the old level 50 look more like the current level 70 and at that point, the damage of the bosses are about equal if you ask me.

I hate environmental factors. The anti melee agony kitten, random fears and immobs but most of all the boon stealing which makes my main entirely unplayable at 80+ (at least if you wanna play decent). Are they harder? Just some of them, and tbh those should’ve been buffed in the first place. For most of them however the hardest thing is not falling asleep. It’s not fun, it’s not interesting, it’s not rewarding and as long as you understand what CC means… It’s rly in no way difficult.

As for damage, that’s where you’re just wrong. They hit for far less than old 50 where ppl could easily get oneshot. Old 50 is by no way near lvl 70 where you can just facetank and fall asleep. At 80+ they still don’t hit harder btw.

Too Easy

Thaddeus.4891

I hate environmental factors. The anti melee agony kitten, random fears and immobs but most of all the boon stealing which makes my main entirely unplayable at 80+ (at least if you wanna play decent). Are they harder? Just some of them, and tbh those should’ve been buffed in the first place. For most of them however the hardest thing is not falling asleep. It’s not fun, it’s not interesting, it’s not rewarding and as long as you understand what CC means… It’s rly in no way difficult.

As for damage, that’s where you’re just wrong. They hit for far less than old 50 where ppl could easily get oneshot. Old 50 is by no way near lvl 70 where you can just facetank and fall asleep. At 80+ they still don’t hit harder btw.

I don’t know man. Mosman 77 seem pretty similar the old Mosman level 50 if you ask me. I didn’t test it, but he probably only does like 10% less damage at most.

Remember that most profession got a defensive buff with the expansion. My guardian for exemple have 50% more healing from my virtue and my trap heal like 250% more than my Shelter does. Same with my elementalist. Wash the Pain away and elemental bastion give me a lot more survivability. But even more powerful is the break bar. Breaking a boss wasn’t a strategy pre-hot, and now it’s one of the most important aspect when you fight most of them. Mosman don’t attack a good portion of the fight because of that now.

Anyway, it’s debatable for level 70, but level 80+ the mobs sure look to hit similarly hard to pre-hot Level 50. Of course, we have a bit more survivability with better heal, breakbar, alacrity, etc. But at the same time, you got some stupid instability that give 25 stack of might or random condition, so it’s hard to really make a comparaison here i think.

Anyway, in the end I agree with you. Most of the challenge from high fractal come from those stupid instability and it’s long and boring for the most part.

Too Easy

Posted by: Rising Dusk.2408

Rising Dusk.2408

I really think it’s power creep in the players that we’re experiencing and not that the actual bosses are significantly weaker. I think the L70 now = L50 then is pretty accurate overall, especially since some of the L80+ bosses really do hit like trucks. I mean it’s not like dungeons are easier—they weren’t even changed outside of liquid rewards—but my guild group still completes the fights significantly faster and takes significantly less overall damage from everything therein even in full DPS gear.

[VZ] Valor Zeal – Stormbluff Isle – Looking for steady, casual-friendly NA raiders!

Too Easy

Posted by: Ryn.6459

Ryn.6459

Thaddeus, preHoT bosses were permafrezzed with icebow chain. Remember the old lfg ps, guard, thief, 2 ele?
Anyway powrcreep is real + to cap vuln is way easier now+more defensive tools.
And I do think 77 is way less than the old 50. I doubt i could survive one axe hit on my ele back then

Learning English, any correction is very welcome.

Too Easy

Posted by: Rising Dusk.2408

Rising Dusk.2408

I doubt i could survive one axe hit on my ele back then

I could.

[VZ] Valor Zeal – Stormbluff Isle – Looking for steady, casual-friendly NA raiders!

Too Easy

Thaddeus.4891

Thaddeus, preHoT bosses were permafrezzed with icebow chain. Remember the old lfg ps, guard, thief, 2 ele?
Anyway powrcreep is real + to cap vuln is way easier now+more defensive tools.
And I do think 77 is way less than the old 50. I doubt i could survive one axe hit on my ele back then

Well a very very very small portion of the fight were permafrezzed. It wasn’t the case for like the vast majority of the community. You had to coordinate the cc and to make sure nobody waste a deep freeze. Even in that situation each Elementalist was only able to create 2 deep freeze each 60sec, so 1/6 of the time. You would have needed 6 elementalist to game permafreezed. I know you didn’t meant trully permafreezed don’t worry. My point is that on really organized group you usually only reached 33% permfrezzed. And in the vast majority of the groups you couldn’t it was more like 10% or less because you always had a pug doing a cc at the wrong time, the guy picking your icebow wasn’t necessarly coordinating with your to do a deep freeze, etc.

Compare that to the breakbar today. It,s a 5second stun each 20sec. So it’s about 25% stun time. Which true enough is less than what good organized group could do, but way more than what pug and general players could do. It’s a lot lot easier to achieve too.

Too Easy

cranos.5913

TBH none of us had elite specs until lvl 90+ and regardless of the instabilities we rly didn’t get pressured as hard as pre-HoT. Regardless of that, we did get defensive increases as well as a crazy amount of CC opportunities in this new system giving us even more survivability. IMO at least 75+ dmg should be increased a whole lot to where it feels making a mistake matters rather than “oh well, I’ll just eat the double axes and not give a kitten”.

Too Easy

Thaddeus.4891

TBH none of us had elite specs until lvl 90+ and regardless of the instabilities we rly didn’t get pressured as hard as pre-HoT. Regardless of that, we did get defensive increases as well as a crazy amount of CC opportunities in this new system giving us even more survivability. IMO at least 75+ dmg should be increased a whole lot to where it feels making a mistake matters rather than “oh well, I’ll just eat the double axes and not give a kitten”.

I don’t know about that. Well, I mean it’s not the first thing I would do, nor the only thing. Increasing dmg at +75 right now would do absolutely nothing. They would still be boring HP Sponge, they would still have some ultra badly designed instability and they would still give no reward since it’s the same daily level 51-100.

If they could fix all of that, then we yes adding some damage at higher level would be nice. It depend also where you add that damage. Outside of raid, the game was always about low number of big attack. I hope that they will continue that way, by leaving the auto-attack of the boss at their current damage and only increase their big attack. It’s on thing to push for a healer in a group of 10 once or twice a week, it’s another to push for a healer in a group of 5, daily. Especially when you only have 2 decent healer out of the 9 professions.

Too Easy

Posted by: Osu.6307

Osu.6307

I like fractal difficulty now. It is really a case of choosing your own challenge. If you want to just get your vet chest and other dailies done, no problem. If you want a tougher fight, keep going up until you find the frac level that is right for you.

Osu