Too easy and way too BORING

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: wookie slayer.4259

wookie slayer.4259

So leveling was good, but dungeons are not. I’ve grinded gear from Hotw, TA, AC, and CoF, completing the first three and have tried all the dungeons.

The biggest problem with the dungeons in mine mind they are boring. I pug and never have a organized group and rarely have a boss reset, this right there is a huge problem. Bosses should be hardish and if you do something wrong too many times you should fail. Right now most bosses are hardly lethal and if you die it is often very easy to rez or just die and run back.
The other thing that makes bosses boring is they are not engaging, 1/4 of them you can just sit back afk and auto attack, or at least some of the team can. That just CAN’T be if you want the boss to be fun. The best boss fight in my eyes was between the golem guy in SE story, the final SE boss story, or the first AC exp boss. These bosses all had tricks to them, that you had to watch for or beware of or you will die and have a good chance to wipe on. Each and every boss should have mechanics like these.

And on the note of them being too easy, and giving now 60 tokens per run. When I first heard about guild wars 2 i was excited because there were these hard explorable modes that rewarded you with dungeon sets and weapons that were supposed to hold some type of prestige, but with how easy they have gotten they hardly hold any anymore.
Now I know its not all about who has the coolest gear, but this is an MMO which are successful by having fun content that gives rewards so there is a progression and something to work for. By making the dungeons easy and highly rewardful you just end up with UN-FUN and no real sense of achievement for getting the cool gear skins associated with the “hardest” thing in game.

I just want the game to do well and not having challenging fun (PVE) content for people to do, complete with cool rewards to distinguish people who have done them is going to get boring and have a lot of people going “so what do I do now?”

P.s. please dont say go pvp or chase a legendary because some people dont like pvp and most wont want to spend the 200 plus hours or grinding it takes to get legendaries

Posted by: Hayden.7920

Hayden.7920

so you had no trouble with the pathway 1 boss in CoF explorable huh? with a PuG? do it again. you’ll never find a team with that much luck. there’s your challenge.

Posted by: Fate.5961

Fate.5961

Sounds like a troll. Either he’s done a few hundred runs (with bugs) for all his gear and wants it to be harder for everyone else, or he lets 2-4 guardians tank while he sits back and relaxes with his glass cannon ranged build, which isn’t very cool, nor skillful.

Illustrious Leader of
Love and War [LAW]
http://loveandwar.shivtr.com

Posted by: Togashi Jack.9531

Togashi Jack.9531

I think the is the first time that I’ve heard anyone describe dungeons as both easy and rewarding.

wookie slayer.4259

so you had no trouble with the pathway 1 boss in CoF explorable huh? with a PuG? do it again. you’ll never find a team with that much luck. there’s your challenge.

But thats part of the problem I’m not going to do the super hard path for the same rewards as the other two, nor will anyone else. These dungeons are boring and to me easy I havent been to Cof in awhile nut ive recently dont all AC and TA and they are EASY maybe its just those two but if so they are super easy all the paths

Posted by: Bashful Heart Bear.1953

Bashful Heart Bear.1953

I have to agree the majority of explorable paths are a joke in terms of difficulty. CoF path 1 boss isn’t hard it’s just plain stupid. My friends and I have never had to talk about making synergetic builds for any dungeon and we’ve yet to fail. Once we learn it after the first or second run it becomes easy and can roll through the dungeon with very little problems.

People who think these dungeons are genuinely difficult simply don’t understand game mechanics, how to use their profession well, and how to stay alive. You do NOT need specific builds to do any dungeon in this game. Some of them you need condition removal but that is it as far as “strategy” goes.

The ONLY reason dungeons take more then 30 minutes to clear is because of all the pointless trash mobs. You’ll notice all the paths that people speed clear are the ones with the fewest groups of trash while the dungeons with excessive trash are ignored.

Excessive trash, health pools, and extremely excessive application of poison does not make fun and challenging content.

wookie slayer.4259

What bashful said^

O and pro tip for TA, staff guardian are like lawn mowers and if you go down kill a plant to rez up…so many ppl don’t do this drives me mad

Posted by: Hayden.7920

Hayden.7920

But thats part of the problem I’m not going to do the super hard path for the same rewards as the other two, nor will anyone else. These dungeons are boring and to me easy I havent been to Cof in awhile nut ive recently dont all AC and TA and they are EASY maybe its just those two but if so they are super easy all the paths

apparently there’s incentive to do the “super hard” path with the daily first time thing and whatnot. if you want the challenge, it’s in those difficult pathways. The “easy” ones are for those of us who don’t have a guild of 20 besties who all mic up, and have to make do with pugs. there’s something for everyone… but the actual token reward system, and this DR BS can go. it’s the real villain in all of this.

wookie slayer.4259

apparently there’s incentive to do the “super hard” path with the daily first time thing and whatnot. if you want the challenge, it’s in those difficult pathways. The “easy” ones are for those of us who don’t have a guild of 20 besties who all mic up, and have to make do with pugs. there’s something for everyone… but the actual token reward system, and this DR BS can go. it’s the real villain in all of this.

I could see doing it once for fun, but really hard paths are stupid hard not really cool intricate mechanics to learn they are cheap mechanics that are almost luck based. And even if it is the first run of the day if it is too much of a headache id rather just do the other 2 for there firsts and either redo them or just wait till tomorrow, rather than do the super hard dungeon…

I’m really in favor of abandoning tokens and making drops so you have to go certain places to get the gear

Posted by: Raging Bull.5048

Raging Bull.5048

I agree with the OP. His very title sums my feelings about the dungeons in GW2.

Mechanics are shallow to non existent, bosses are boring and easy. Just – argh…

Posted by: Skyrant Kangaroomouse.7458

Skyrant Kangaroomouse.7458

I agree with the OP. His very title sums my feelings about the dungeons in GW2.

Mechanics are shallow to non existent, bosses are boring and easy. Just – argh…

I totally agree, the problems stem from badly designed dungeons, i have been saying that for weeks now just to get ridiculed. The encounters are sometimes so boring i started to watch TV while playing as can take 5-10 minutes of watching the bosses HP bar with nothing significant happening.

“The DR System is not restricting players, it just here to help them realize how they want to play!”

Posted by: UnderdogSMO.9428

UnderdogSMO.9428

i think it has less to do with dungeon designe and more to do with reward distribution. the harder content should give you better rewards OR give you your rewards faster.

this DR system isn’t a totally bad Idea. If people take the easy path they get less rewards each time. people take the harder path they should get more, much more from the start. and than if they can do the super hard one’s super fast it drops. ((but the first fer time’s it drops still be more than what you get for the easy path))

somthing! this systom now ((broken or not, isnt fun))

wookie slayer.4259

Another problem I’ve found from looking over the forums is that having one main dungeon difficulty for so many players is not a good idea, some find the dungeons to hard( saw a thread about the first ac boss needing nerf) where as dome more veteran players of mmo’s find them trivial at best. I would love to see a harder mode drooped in, in the future to accomidate both styles as there are two (actually more) groups of players that find dungeons enjoyable on different difficulties. And harder difficulties are something to strive for after u do the first a bit of progression something gw2 lacks right now

Posted by: Archer.6485

Archer.6485

I guess different people have different experience.

To me the dungeons are quite fun. To me the dungeons of other mmos are way easier and way more boring than this. At least in GW2 I don’t feel like I’m just running a dps rotation with the occasional gimmick.

I actually use most of my abilities situationally and I don’t get to stand on the same spot for more than a second either.

Some people are saying they’re poorly designed but I just don’t see it. I find them fun and engaging and even though my rewards aren’t bugged I’m definitely not just doing them for the tokens.

wookie slayer.4259

Archer is right to each there own, and im glad people do like them. I haven’t played many other mmo’s WoW being the only other. And I must say the dungeons were SO SO much better in terms of mechanics (in terms of story and looks GW2 dominates). I love fights where the environment plays in and there is a challenge other than kite boss till low dodge go heal and repeat. There are so many different boss mechanics that they could do but don’t or only do on one of a handful of boring bosses.

Just for an idea bosses i’ve seen in other games (WoW) ZG 5 man kill boss and keep pet down before it eats all your spirit rezzors, line of sight large aoe by spikes dropped from boss that u had to dodge, lava filling room mechanics that you need to get to high ground, red light green light mechanics, dps down ice block ally, tornado’s you must avoid, sleeping/disabled adds that must be killed before time/boss health drop, even a dps race, buff/debuff circles that you need/needed to get washed off if you get, adds that lock on to certain target that need to be kited and killed, boss lock on for certain time, objects that are dropped by doing certain things that need to be dont collected and used during fight. There are plenty too choose from and maybe seen in some bosses but in only 1 or 2 while most have no real mechanics, shooting aoe spawn normals adds arnt counted because there not fun, they can be used but are seen far too much and are too easy/generic to be engaging.

One thing I learned from WoW is boss= boss room where you have room to work and add large fun mechanics, some bosses you get in a small room where its like roll back n forth and attck fun? Boss fights should be grandiose fun fights make them huge and memorable.

The best example of crap bosses I can think of is HotW, butcher path boss one champ mob troll attacks and does aoe smash in small room, wizard on steps does aoe and attacks, has way too much health(worst boss in game?), Butcher has totems that just make the fight longer and respawn rather fast, butcher just attacks basically a kite the boss and kill his totems if you want to go faster(most only kill one totem). The other paths I’ve only ran once and found none of the other bosses any good either, under water ones are terrible swim/kite is NO FUN same with summon add. Maybe some people like HotW now but run it 3 times over and you get bored really fast.

Posted by: Lukasikov.9467

Lukasikov.9467

I can remember dungeons were pretty hard after the premiere. Few months later i went to the same dungeon as earlier, and i was really disappointed. It was too easy. Earlier i had to fight every one enemy, bosses were so hard, that me and my team had to plan everything. And now its like 15 – 20 minutes to complete one dungeon?

Posted by: Revlack.9780

Revlack.9780

wow wookie slayer.!!! u are good player!

not easy for me!

Posted by: Yasi.9065

Yasi.9065

thread-necromancy :o have to participate !

Posted by: Bismuth.3165

Bismuth.3165

The main issue we have with dungeons, excluding fractals, is the difficulty/reward/time ratio is out of whack, for most dungeons, you’ll come out with 60s-1g depending on gold find, for example, arah p3, which is the easiest arah path, if compared to other dungeons, difficulty would be 2-2.5/5,but then, lupi… so 3/5, the good pug group can do it in 40 minutes if you don’t wipe, yes it’s true that some people can do it in 10-15 minutes but we’re not talking about well organized guildies/friends who spent hours studying the dungeon and probably did it more than a hundred times, we’re talking about average people, so, arah p3 would be 3/1/40 minutes, and cof p1 would be 0.75/1/8 minutes, seeing the problem, seeing the problem, arah p3 is 4x harder, 5x longer, so my point is, why do people who do hard and long dungeons (insert that’a what she said joke here) get the same reward as people who do the easy dungeons, anet can do 2 things to fix it

1- Nerf the reward of easy dungeons, but can you imagine the raging on the forums
2- Increase the reward of hard dungeons, which anet said that they’ll do, 6-7 months ago

PS: this doesn’t include fractals, because I’m not level 48 yet, thus my knowledge is insufficient, but a dredge fractal level 48, I mean, I tear a little bit everytime I get it in fractals 28, so I can only imagine what’s it like in fractals 48

Jeeha (ele) and Jeeha The Warrior
Is currently emotionally unstable because Breaking Bad is over

Posted by: Stooperdale.3560

Stooperdale.3560

The dungeons are not easy for most new players. The common knowledge tactics for these dungeons are so well known however that the average PUG is not just being average, they are playing with well tried tactics. Even if they don’t understand how or why they are doing something they still do it successfully again and again. If a new group goes into the dungeons without any knowledge or tactics they become intensely difficult.

Posted by: K U T M.4539

K U T M.4539

So you run the easy dungeon paths because they’re easy, then complain about them being easy.

k

Basic [BS] NSP/Mag

Posted by: ilr.9675

ilr.9675

thread-necromancy :o have to participate !

nooo…. we have to report it… (just as soon as everyone else who didn’t see it the first time gets done scratching their heads too).

Remember kids…
Meth: NOT EVEN ONCE