Toxicity is the most toxic to yourself

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: maxwelgm.4315

maxwelgm.4315

So lately I’ve been seeing a very particular trend on the LFG; I’ll explain what I mean with examples:

- Doing fractal dailies, that day it was Mai Trin, Aether and Swamp I think. I go into LFG and join a team titled exactly “T4 Meta’s 1 DRUID 4 NECROS ONLY”. We go into Fractal 100 and dude start stacking and taking a lil bit of agony damage from the asura champion. Then my other teammates ask how much AR he has, and turns out it’s 145. They them proceed to say “rip” and vote kick soon after he types “Well I’m gonna pull out a tears of alba and the singularity will give enough AR anyway”. We die not long after and I leave without saying a word. Nothing big, that happens when you pug, so I join another one with a more friendly “T4 meta’s everyone welcome” title and casually run through (kinda slowly even) my dailies. After I’m done, out of curiosity I go back to LFG, and what do I see? Those same players, with a party of 4 now, “T4 Meta’s NECRO ONLY EXP”. Huh, I guess they got unlucky with so many bad players joining their experiencied group.

- Another day, I’m done with the other 2 dailies (uncat and something else, no matter) and only swamp left. So I join a team asking “77 be exp”, well ain’t that my lucky day that I was in another condi meta team with a druid and 4 necros, we’re gonna steamroll this. Since everyone is exp they clumsily claimed “well we must get ready for wisps at 25%” and jump right into the boss. 4 wipes later and a lot of 2 guys fighting over not dodging/not ressing, we get to 25% and are not able to get wisps in time. Bloomhunger sends us back to oblivion, resets, and I leave without saying a word. Well such is life pugging, so I simply hop up on another group and do swamp alongside 2 mesmers, a druid and a necro. Run is so smooth I end up redoing the other 2 with them, no one asked anyone else about being experienced but we all spontaneously dropped personal waypoints to wisps we would get at 25%, and everyone kinda already had traited for survival except for one guy that was no hassle ressing here and there during there fight. I finish the dailies and go to LFG to get the fractal pages, lo and behold, there was one of the guys from previous run “77 EXP ONLY DODGE PLS” all that time.

What I mean by these (and there’s like hundreds more like the ones above I remember of) is not a complaint that I can’t find teams to do the content with (I clearly can and do, it’s no hassle and I’m not being unfairly kicked or anything), neither is it a demand that people take in someone who has no AR or no experience to a T4 fractal run. What I want here is to give a suggestion to those struggling to find groups who are likewise experienced and want a smooth fractal/raid run like they do. Perhaps “LFG EXP ONLY NO NOOBS DODGE OR KICK” is not the best way to go about it. Perhaps you’re only hindering yourself because you’re looking for perfect scoring players, when it would be even faster to just go through the content with laidback ones instead of spending so much time looking.

Asking that people meet prerequisites is a double edged blade: if you’re not flexible, you will get to join people who are just as (or even less) inflexible as you are being, and there is a high chance you will end up fighting yourselves instead of understanding each other’s shortcomings and actually joining forces, no matter how good you think you are. I find it very ironic that, after pugging for years (even before the LFG feature came in, back when dungeons were the bomb), I statistically obtain much better results from laidback teams who take almost anyone in, than when I join the so called experienced farmers who spend a half hour trying to find their soulmates on LFG. So, maybe take some time to look at your own attitude to see if there’s room for more tolerance (which does not mean taking in people who are clearly not ready for the content, but you can talk to them instead of cursing!), and I promise your experience, if it’s not very good currently, will become much better.

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

Thanks for sharing your experience. People do forget that there’s more than one way to be efficient at completing content.

For those that want the tl;dr, I’ll quote the OP verbatim:

Perhaps “LFG EXP ONLY NO NOOBS DODGE OR KICK” is not the best way to go about it. Perhaps you’re only hindering yourself because you’re looking for perfect scoring players, when it would be even faster to just go through the content with laidback ones instead of spending so much time looking.

The OP illustrates that point with several examples of completing fractals while the group he just left is still advertising for the perfect meta composition.

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

Posted by: Draco.9480

Draco.9480

duo necro can destroy mai trin ez in 100. how people even die in old content. and what kind of logic “meta everyone welcome” wat? it’s either “meta” or everyone are welcome.
they’re called delusional elitists who have no idea how to play I killed mai trin few times with a necro with 145 ar ez. people are just biased and bad players in general.

Posted by: Deihnyx.6318

Deihnyx.6318

Whenever I read stuff like “no NOOBz” I tend to ignore them and create my own group.
I don’t care if fractals or dungeons take 5 more minutes of my time to finish because someone isn’t perfect at his job, or because they don’t try to run everything (which btw, with a pug team, is a very good way of actually losing time…) I’d rather play with a friendly pug team than with arrogant people. As long as people getting in won’t lie about what they know or their AR, I’m fine with it.

When you’re actually good, you don’t need to brag about it, your actions speak for yourself. This is even more true in PVP, toxic people are the first responsible for making a team fail, nobody wants to play good with toxic kids.

I swear some people forget they’re actually playing a game sometimes.

Posted by: Jerus.4350

Jerus.4350

What I find shocking is the lack of Jimmy Hendrix references when asking for “experienced”.

Posted by: Toggle.1926

Toggle.1926

I was in the group the OP is referencing and they either stretched the truth a bit and/or have an incorrect recollection of the events that occurred. The individual that was kicked didn’t say anything about not having enough AR at any point. They didn’t give any indication that they may have difficulty and would need to make adjustments. If they had said something, it may have turned out quite differently, but they didn’t and they were kicked.

I don’t have an issue with people kicking others who very clearly didn’t read the LFG post and/or don’t meet the requirements for certain content. I don’t show up to Xera fights saying I’m an experienced Tempest, so I kind of expect the same courtesy in T4 fractal runs. I put in the work to get 150 AR. It’s not that hard. Go do it and then you’re welcome to run with me at any time.

Posted by: UBcktieDL.5318

UBcktieDL.5318

I would really like to go back in time and tell the elitists of the dungeon speedrun meta that 4 necro+ranger will be meta in 2 years. I guess some of you still remember the time of “war, 2ele, guard, thief metazerk exp or kick” pug’s.

Anyway, elitism will always be there. The harder the content, the higher he requirements. Why do pugs ask for eternal, 120+LI, tonic buff, title and full ascended gear if it can be cleared by 9 people wearing cheap yellow gear? Because they want to optimize their income per time invested and a random guy spamming flamethrower#1 isn’t an efficient way to clear fractals.

Posted by: Vinceman.4572

Vinceman.4572

I would really like to go back in time and tell the elitists of the dungeon speedrun meta that 4 necro+ranger will be meta in 2 years. I guess some of you still remember the time of “war, 2ele, guard, thief metazerk exp or kick” pug’s.

You realized that the ones persisted on “zerk meta” are the same players setting up the same lfgs like in the past?

Also, claiming special team comps has nothing to do with elitism and it’s even not toxic to kick someone not able to read a group advertisement and bringing the wanted stuff.

Took me 3 runs of the dungeon to get the bug.

Posted by: UBcktieDL.5318

UBcktieDL.5318

You realized that the ones persisted on “zerk meta” are the same players setting up the same lfgs like in the past?

Also, claiming special team comps has nothing to do with elitism and it’s even not toxic to kick someone not able to read a group advertisement and bringing the wanted stuff.

They are most likely the same people, however most of them went into raids. It is really uncommon to have requirements in fractals other than sufficient AR and a brain.

Posted by: Vinceman.4572

Vinceman.4572

1. Every raider I know so far is doing his daily fractals – for a reason. So, no, those people were not moving they are still doing fractals and raids.

2. It is not uncommon to have requirements in fractals. You see them every day and maybe the restricted pugs are faster than others but I don’t know because I’m not using these.
It was the same to dungeons btw. – You could have run them in whites, blues, greens, yellows and almost nobody would have find out if you were using the usual pug spots & mechanics.

Took me 3 runs of the dungeon to get the bug.

Posted by: bai long.2085

bai long.2085

I don’t think any of my parties has ever wiped. I’m an ascended Nomad’s druid though. They can all be dead and I’ll still beat whatever it is.

I get a lot of hate though. Go figure.

Oh right, I’m Nomad’s.

Posted by: fluffdragon.1523

fluffdragon.1523

Logged in just to upvote this.

Thank you, OP. Thank you so very much.

(And because I was reminded of necroposting because hey, whatever old post, I’ll add to the discussion and say: I think it’s time people start actually reflecting on this kind of adverse behavior in the “competitive” portions of the game. That includes you, ANet. Since you’re the ones reminding me, and all.)