Tribune Burntclaw CoF P3 and no-res mechanic

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: jubskie.3152

jubskie.3152

While I generally like the no-rez while in combat mechanic, final boss fight in CoF Path 3 needs to be revised. The way it is now, when you die in the lava, your allies have no way to rez you because you’re ticking for 12k damage every second.

And no, this is not a QQ thread about the no-rez mechanic. This is a complaint about having no way to be resurrected when you die in lava.

Attachments:

Extraordinary Gentlemen [EXG] Desolation
Doing It With Style
www.exg-guild.com

(edited by jubskie.3152)

Posted by: Oglaf.1074

Oglaf.1074

I agree. Like the “defend Maggs” part, this one also needs a do-over with the new system in place.

I can do thirty Five-Dolyak Arm Curls.

Do you even lift, bro?

Posted by: stof.9341

stof.9341

Wait, what? How can you fall into the lava in that fight? It’s so easy to avoid XD

The only issue in this fight is that it takes too long to kill him.

Posted by: Kosmos.3907

Kosmos.3907

When my group did this path after patch, we died horribly since people did not equip stability skills. Once we had these in place the fight went smoother. Our strategy was to use stability while using cripple/immobilize/chill/slow on the boss while kiting him and dodging his attacks. Nobody fell into the lava the second time after this change.

It was like when people got to 10+ fractals, Harpies started using knockback. Could people progress without using utility/weapon skills that had projectile reflect, blocks, or stability? The dungeon presented a mechanic and people adapted – now if there was no way to ignore the mechanic then I can see more QQ going on but there are ways and strategy on this path.

(edited by Kosmos.3907)

Posted by: Mourningcry.9428

Mourningcry.9428

Part of the strategy should be to not get knocked into the lava.

No changes required here.

Revise & rethink group strategy/positioning.

Posted by: Zogyark.4597

Zogyark.4597

Though I agree that the point of this fight is not to fall in the lava and falling there is your own fault. You still should NOT take damage while dead. However your teammates should take burning damage if you try to rez someone dead in lava so yes it needs to be addressed.

Necromancer Lupicus Solo – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RWkSkhmWiDU

Retired Until Expansion or Meaningful Content is Released.

Posted by: Strifey.7215

Strifey.7215

Yea there’s a few places where you take damage while dead which doesn’t really go well with the new system.

CoE laser room, lava, shaman fractal, etc. Luckily you can relog and re-join the dungeon (especially fractals now) to fix it, but it’s an annoying work around that should be fixed by not allowing you to take any damage when you are fully dead.

Guard/War/Mesmer and Dungeon Guides:
https://www.youtube.com/user/strife025

Posted by: Zeph.5927

Zeph.5927

I agree. Like the “defend Maggs” part, this one also needs a do-over with the new system in place.

Wait….are you serious? The defend Magg portion is SO MUCH EASIER NOW. No one died in my run last night of path 2. There is no need to rez rush that event now. If you still need to rez rush that part, then you need to L2P. Or quit GW2, because obviously you haven’t learned a thing in your time playing.

To help you out…..just AoE all the regular mobs that spawn and then make sure you and your team are focusing Assassins as they appear. That’s it. It’s that easy. Only way to make it any easier would be to have no mobs spawn and just sit there and wait on Magg to arm the bomb.

Some people…..

jubskie.3152

As mentioned by someone else, its not the strategy or positioning that needs to be addressed. Its the impossible-to-be-resurrected issue with the new system I’m complaining about. You tick for 12k/second while in lava even when fully defeated.

Doing It With Style
www.exg-guild.com

Posted by: JoshuaRAWR.4653

JoshuaRAWR.4653

Wait….are you serious? The defend Magg portion is SO MUCH EASIER NOW. No one died in my run last night of path 2. There is no need to rez rush that event now. If you still need to rez rush that part, then you need to L2P. Or quit GW2, because obviously you haven’t learned a thing in your time playing.

To help you out…..just AoE all the regular mobs that spawn and then make sure you and your team are focusing Assassins as they appear. That’s it. It’s that easy. Only way to make it any easier would be to have no mobs spawn and just sit there and wait on Magg to arm the bomb.

Some people…..

You vastly misunderstood what he said.. He said that THIS Event, the one the OP is talking about, needs to be changed like the Defend Magg one was..

Warrior 80 | Guardian 80 | Ranger 80 | Engineer 80 |
Thief 80 | Elementalist 80 | Mesmer 80 | Necromancer 80 | Revenant TBA

Mourningcry.9428

As mentioned by someone else, its not the strategy or positioning that needs to be addressed. Its the impossible-to-be-resurrected issue with the new system I’m complaining about. You tick for 12k/second while in lava even when fully defeated.

Actually, this is what I was adressing. If a defeated player is in the lava (or otherwise hazardous area), they’re essentially out of the fight.

Intially falling into the lava doesn’t result in immediate death. Prolonged exposure does. Many classes have the ability to get out of the lava, and even if they eventually die from burning, can reach a safe rez spot.

Perhaps I’m missing the reasoning why lava/lasers/etc. would cease to do damage upon death – the defeated player remains in the hazardous area. Way-Pointing out, was, and remains the only via means to leave the hazardous area at this time, as there is no “corpse dragging” mechanic.

So, again, I state that the issues stems from strategy & positioning, not the inherent problemes of the lava.

Posted by: Wethospu.6437

Wethospu.6437

Because if someone dies at lava no one can use waypoints, at all because that dead player is in combat-mode (I assume this is what they mean).

Mourningcry.9428

Because if someone dies at lava no one can use waypoints, at all because that dead player is in combat-mode (I assume this is what they mean).

Reasonable- but not the case. Ran COF P3 after the patch, and myself, along with others died in the lava. Remaining members were able to disengage, leave combat, and the lava-bound were able to WP out. Boss, of course, reset.

Posted by: gamefreak.5673

gamefreak.5673

Just because it worked for your group does not mean it always works correctly for others, this game has many instances in which certain event/boss fights that work and then other times for no reason fails to work correctly.

Not being able to res or use waypoints while your group is out of combat because someones dead body is taking damage is a bug that should be fixed as soon as they can, wont stop many groups but it could slow them down while the one player logs to desktop, then travels back to the group.

Posted by: Robert Hrouda.1327

Robert Hrouda.1327

Content Designer

I’ll look into this for the next patch. As it stands right now this situation can be mitigated through proper dodge and stability, so it’s not blocking any content and not an emergency issue.

I think my solution for this will be to teleport dead players who die in the lava to the edge of the lava so that other players can revive them, but they won’t be in complete safety from the boss.

Posted by: Rising Dusk.2408

Rising Dusk.2408

I think the best approach here is to keep the lava debuff on them when defeated, but to not make their corpse take damage. It makes them impossible to resurrect even in the heat of battle.

[VZ] Valor Zeal – Stormbluff Isle – Looking for steady, casual-friendly NA raiders!

Posted by: climhazzard.5897

climhazzard.5897

You really need to just fix the corpse taking damage while dead which keeps you in combat.

There are many examples in the dungeons of environmental hazards that damage corpses preventing you from ressing, some of these will also prevent your team from ressing you.

All floor traps that retrigger such as the ones in AC. Lava. In cliffside fractal last night a team member fell on a flame brazier when we died to reset the hammer position which kept us all from ressing (the flame brazier was damaging his corpse) even though the entire team was dead. Lava. Lasers in CoE. Its not really a small list and it isn’t a problem just related to dieing in lava in path 3 CoF. Being in combat even while dead is what really needs fixing.

Posted by: RedStar.4218

RedStar.4218

The fight itself doesn’t need a do over.
Even if you have the worse connection in the world (in that case, congrats to the Thief that carried you through the bombs), you can still position yourself so you get knocked back on safe ground.

Now, getting damaged when you are already dead is kind of dumb.

jubskie.3152

I saw the patchnotes, and I would just like to say thank you to Robert Hrouda. You went and did what you promised and it got launched in today’s patch

@mods feel free to close this anytime

Doing It With Style
www.exg-guild.com