Cloud of Sparrows
Fluffiest Blood Legion Charr
“At least I die knowing my sisters are free”

Trio Tournament Betting Thread?

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Sanderinoa.8065

Sanderinoa.8065

God kitten it, rT, get your kitten together, my fanboyism is hurt! :’c

Its all part of our major plan! Fear not!

Delvert/Sanderinoa [rT]
Retaliate is recruiting. again!
Fancy a Read? Extensive PvE Mesmer Guide

Posted by: Enaretos.8079

Enaretos.8079

rT has been confirmed to be a guild made of top soloers.

The main problem is that when they get together and try to achieve group content, their solo spirit clash and everyone of them wants to solo the encounters. The only way they found to do group record runs was to have the demonic spirit of haviz taking control of their very movements so they wouldn’t give in to their soloer’s instinct.

Snow Crows member since January 2014
My Twitch

Posted by: Element Two.7316

Element Two.7316

That team wasn’t really rT, more like 3 pugs trying out AC story for the first time.

Posted by: Dub.1273

Dub.1273

Its all part of our major plan! Fear not!

Just let us rip in piece already.

Am I actually the only one who didn’t follow the tournament?

Dub | [rT]
#LoveArrows2013, never forget.

Posted by: EcoRI.9273

EcoRI.9273

Yea what happened rT? Did the jitters get to you guys? I know my team was super nervous both days and did some questionable things.

http://www.twitch.tv/eco_r_i
Wynd Cloud | Fierce N Licious

Posted by: rotten.9753

rotten.9753

I’m more surprised by DnT’s performance than a guild that never shown anything spectacular at these tournaments.

Posted by: Dub.1273

Dub.1273

Yea what happened rT? Did the jitters get to you guys? I know my team was super nervous both days and did some questionable things.

I still don’t know who even participated. I thought the team that formed had already disbanded.

Dub | [rT]
#LoveArrows2013, never forget.

Posted by: spoj.9672

spoj.9672

This is so no secret and has been stated many times in the past. We are a guild of solo’ers. We dont do dungeon tours. We rarely do dungeons together outside of pugging or joke runs. The only times you see groups advertised in guild chat is to leech dungeons or to join a semi pug. Theres really no inter guild common tactics or major familiarity because of this. Which means we dont expect to do well in tournaments where we get paths we dont play much. However records are different. The only time you see full guild groups playing together regularly is when attempting records. But we are kind of still inactive so thats not happening at the moment.

Maybe things will change after HoT has released.

(edited by spoj.9672)

rotten.9753

This is so no secret and has been stated many times in the past. We are a guild of solo’ers. We dont do dungeon tours. We rarely do dungeons together outside of pugging or joke runs. The only times you see groups advertised in guild chat is to leech dungeons or to join a semi pug. Theres really no inter guild common tactics or major familiarity because of this. Which means we dont expect to do well in tournaments where we get paths we dont play much. However records are different. The only time you see full guild groups playing together regularly is when attempting records. But we are kind of still inactive so thats not happening at the moment.

Maybe things will change after HoT has released.

I don’t compute, what’s a guild of solo’ers? It’s quite oxymoronic for me.

Posted by: winterchillz.2564

winterchillz.2564

Someone’s being a kitten?

Cloud of Sparrows
Fluffiest Blood Legion Charr
“At least I die knowing my sisters are free”

spoj.9672

Yeah i dunno. I guess because we like soloing we dont like having friends or talking to people. And we also never play with anyone else ever.

(edited by spoj.9672)

Posted by: Purple Miku.7032

Purple Miku.7032

Well a lot of people referred to my team as rT team, but it was more like 50% [iV] and 25% [rT] and 25% [Hawt].

Initially it was an rT team, but Element I had to have replaced because he just wasn’t ever available to practice. Ambro left to go to NA twice, so he isn’t in rT anymore and suffice to say had to be replaced too.

I ended up convincing Sesshi, Der(py Moa, and FallenSentinel to join me a week in advance so our team wasn’t prepared to take down SC who had been practicing for months :P

Least we gave them a decent fight, but yea I think my team is what Dub was referring to when he thought we disbanded.

Sandy’s team was the one repping rT and afaik they didn’t even come close to getting through all paths, shame really but that’s what happens when you aren’t ready.

Anyways what spoj said is primarily true but that doesn’t apply to all of us. Some of us, like myself, are very active still and do a bit of almost everything.

rotten.9753

Yeah i dunno. I guess because we like soloing we dont like having friends or talking to people. And we also never play with anyone else ever.

Then what’s the point of competing with guilds that are like that? :>

Posted by: hybrid.5027

hybrid.5027

Then what’s the point of competing with guilds that are like that? :>

What else is there to do?

I know who I am, do you know who you are?

Posted by: Sanderinoa.8065

Sanderinoa.8065

Ill admit that nerves were a big issue with us as well, rT has performed badly in the first dnt tournament as well the fractal one, so we had a lot of pressure behind it.

In the general sense though, rT is a guild, or community of you will, of soloers and generally people who go their own way in their play. We don’t do dungeon tours and therefore don’t have any set strategies for many dungeons. I found myself unlocking areas during practice even on saturday morning.
Spad, mika and I learned a lot during the entirety of the tournament from start to finish, so we are very glad to have been allowed to take part of the event.

Sorry we weren’t able to put up much of a show, we’ll try to compensate with something we are better at in the nearby future

Congrats to jerem and his team, we all knew you were going to win :p

Delvert/Sanderinoa [rT]
Retaliate is recruiting. again!
Fancy a Read? Extensive PvE Mesmer Guide

rotten.9753

Whatever they do normally? Logically, if they are a guild that doesn’t do cooperative activities like dungeon tours and they don’t practise enough before the tournament, then the result can be quite obvious.

EcoRI.9273

Sorry we weren’t able to put up much of a show, we’ll try to compensate with something we are better at in the nearby future

Solo dungeon tourney confirmed!

Posted by: Iris Ng.9845

Iris Ng.9845

[rT] is a cult that worships the Dark Lord. [SC] wins because Jerem is my favorite parent.

@Sandy: new solo video as compensation to your fan? Hum?

“Raids are like fortune cookies. You eat the cookie and then read the paper scraps.”

- doranduck, 2016 on Lore in Raids

Element Two.7316

Logically, if they are a guild that doesn’t do cooperative activities like dungeon tours and they don’t practise enough before the tournament, then the result can be quite obvious.

Don’t worry, even rT has been saying this.

Posted by: Jerus.4350

Jerus.4350

I have to say, the gggg match had me laughing pretty hard

Element Two.7316

Brazil just giggling whilst Nike trying his best to not sound kittened )

EcoRI.9273

Brazil just giggling whilst Nike trying his best to not sound kittened )

that titanic flute did it for me :-D

hybrid.5027

Whatever they do normally? Logically, if they are a guild that doesn’t do cooperative activities like dungeon tours and they don’t practise enough before the tournament, then the result can be quite obvious.

When I see magic the gathering tournaments with 5,000 entrants, most of them are fully aware that they didnt playtest enough or seriously enough to win. Most are just in it to mix it up and have a good time. Don’t see why anyone would think that same idea wouldn’t apply here.

Posted by: Lorgus.6148

Lorgus.6148

Honestly I feel like this sort of trio tourney is exactly the sort of event the gw2 dungeon community needs. Even if some people will take it super seriously, it’s not a problem for other participants to just join in to get to know their fellow dungeoneers and have a good time.

Kinda disappointed that so many teams dropped out at the last minute this time though, not sure if that’s related to nerves or just busy schedules. In any case, I hope you guys host more events like this in the future.

As an aside, that gggg run was pretty kitten funny, though on the other hand I’d be peeved if I were hosting and one of the teams treated the whole thing as a joke.

hybrid.5027

As an aside, that gggg run was pretty kitten funny, though on the other hand I’d be peeved if I were hosting and one of the teams treated the whole thing as a joke.

The frustrating part was that the gggg team got a bye (through luck of the draw) and they happened to pull their troll right when we were at our peak viewership and anet people were watching. It was just embarrassing for our community since we are trying to get a little respect and that really wasn’t painting us in the best light.

spoj.9672

Not sure why you give byes by luck of the draw to be honest. I know you are trying to be fair and it is difficult to seed a tournament like this. Especially with very little previous tournament info to go by. But still.

EcoRI.9273

I actually thought you and Brazil handled the troll very well. Brazil made it into a fun moment. I am sure a lot of players watching wouldn’t see that as something negative. The whole point of trolling is to induce a negative emotion/reaction, so if anything their troll failed.

Posted by: Rising Dusk.2408

Rising Dusk.2408

I don’t think it represents the community poorly; it’s not like those guys made it into the semifinals or anything. There are so many groups not taking the PvP tournaments seriously when they are open to any team that registers, so I wouldn’t worry too much about it.

The finals and semifinals were extremely competitive, and I can safely say that they are very pleased with both the turnout and the coordination of the tournament.

[VZ] Valor Zeal – Stormbluff Isle – Looking for steady, casual-friendly NA raiders!