Trying to solo Arah p2. Stuck at Alphard.

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Rafahil.2857

Rafahil.2857

I’ve been stuck fighting Alphard from the evening till the morning with my Warrior

Is there some kind of cheezy trick to defeat him? I keep getting him down to around half health while using the pillars and running around it while attacking, but whenever his clones spawn I die. Also when I run away far enough his clones despawn, but then he resets and regains all his health.

Even if I quickly attack him to stop it he becomes invulnerable for the duration of his reset.

So pretty please how can I cheese him?

Posted by: Harrahou.4518

Harrahou.4518

I know there is an LoS bug but I don’t know how to do it. The best way is to kite him away from the middle and just LoS what you can and going out of spawn range for mobs when they come up.

R80 Multi Classer
Proud Owner of:
Oh Did That Just Happen [Mhmm]

Posted by: The Mexican Cookie.3690

The Mexican Cookie.3690

When he teleports to daggerstorm, push him. He’ll sit there not doing anything until he spawns adds.

ggezpz.

#LoveArrows2013, never forget.

Harrahou.4518

^Knows his kitten more than most. My way takes along time and you risk reseting Alphrad. If you use guardian though its pre easy to bring him to a pole behind the middle of the room and just melee up front and moving back with scepter when adds spawn.

R80 Multi Classer
Proud Owner of:

Posted by: haviz.1340

haviz.1340

When he teleports to daggerstorm, push him. He’ll sit there not doing anything until he spawns adds.

ggezpz.

It’s she. :p

Posted by: Luke.2643

Luke.2643

You dont need any bug to solo him easily. When he teles to the center to start his spinning move quickly run to him and move him around by attacking closely: he will never start to spin and will not do anything until clones spawn. When that does happen use your shield block to absorb all the unloads and at the same time run close to a pillar. Run around it for a bit to ball clones up, then use endure pain +ww attack with gs to make short work of them.
If you check the channel in my signature in a couple of hours, I’m uploading a video for it right now.
Edit:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lseMZyjr3Qc

(edited by Luke.2643)

Posted by: The Mexican Cookie.3690

The Mexican Cookie.3690

ggezpz.

It’s she. :p

I think alphard suffers from sexual identity crisis

#LoveArrows2013, never forget.

Harrahou.4518

You dont need any bug to solo him easily. When he teles to the center to start his spinning move quickly run to him and move him around by attacking closely: he will never start to spin and will not do anything until clones spawn. When that does happen use your shield block to absorb all the unloads and at the same time run close to a pillar. Run around it for a bit to ball clones up, then use endure pain +ww attack with gs to make short work of them.
If you check the channel in my signature in a couple of hours, I’m uploading a video for it right now.

How long is this way?

R80 Multi Classer
Proud Owner of:

Posted by: Anicetus.1253

Anicetus.1253

Cookie teh pr0.

Harrahou.4518

Cookie teh pr0.

Your signiture says Dub…do you have two accounts? Did Anet ban your account for all dem infractions?

R80 Multi Classer
Proud Owner of:

Luke.2643

How long is this way?

Took me 6 mins this time, and it was far from perfect (downed+rally once, wasted a spinning move).

Posted by: Anicetus.1253

Anicetus.1253

I turned Modbot into BHBot by spamming the “human moderator” out of it.
So yes, that rewarded me with some bans which are adding up quickly.

(edited by Anicetus.1253)

Harrahou.4518

I turned amodbot into BHBot by spamming the “human moderator” out of it.
So yes, that rewarded me with some bans which are adding up quickly.

Ahh. Interesting…Ahhhh cool xD

R80 Multi Classer
Proud Owner of:

Rafahil.2857

Thanks a lot for the tips! It’s mostly the clones what I worry about and bad luck with their placement. Maybe I should get the trait that reflects when I use shield block against all those reflects?

Posted by: haviz.1340

haviz.1340

Thanks a lot for the tips! It’s mostly the clones what I worry about and bad luck with their placement. Maybe I should get the trait that reflects when I use shield block against all those reflects?

This trait works with every block.

Harrahou.4518

This trait works with every block.

And no you shouldn’t. I have tried doing that for a Lupicus solo, its not worth the lost DPS you get for having to trade out Strength line traits. Because you can’t takeaway fast hands and you need forceful greatsword, those two traits alone make warrior the strongest solo class.

R80 Multi Classer
Proud Owner of:

Posted by: TKiller.6829

TKiller.6829

clones shouldn’t kill you unless you’re taking fire from all of them at once anyway

Defeated by packet loss.

Harrahou.4518

clones shouldn’t kill you unless you’re taking fire from all of them at once anyway

Alphrad breaks laws…Humans aren’t allowed to be clones.

R80 Multi Classer
Proud Owner of:

Rafahil.2857

Basically what happens to me every time.

But I must thank Luke for creating a video on how to kill him/her. I will try it now and report if I succeed

Rafahil.2857

wow I finally after so many tries I could finally do it!

omg I got the last boss to 1%hp and got a full group, then suddenly the last person that came kicked me out and I got kicked out of the dungeon……this is not fair!

(edited by Rafahil.2857)

Harrahou.4518

omg I got the last boss to 1%hp and got a full group, then suddenly the last person that came kicked me out and I got kicked out of the dungeon……this is not fair!

Welcome to Arah sellers community my friend, just don’t sell at my time!

R80 Multi Classer
Proud Owner of:

Posted by: Wukunlin.8461

Wukunlin.8461

some white knights are on a rampage recently. Did you see their home server? The ones that kicked us out were from ehmry bay

Oceanic [LOD]

Harrahou.4518

some white knights are on a rampage recently. Did you see their home server? The ones that kicked us out were from ehmry bay

Ehmry Bay is a bad server I want to change!

R80 Multi Classer
Proud Owner of:

TKiller.6829

Been running path 2 for a while and I still got no clue how to keep Brie at 1%.

I just take a minute or two to solo her when everyone is in, is the method worth the time?

Defeated by packet loss.

Wukunlin.8461

there is a spot on the left where you are too far for her to hit you but close enough to maintain aggro

Oceanic [LOD]

TKiller.6829

Wouldn’t that make her call for adds who break the terminal and get you teleported back if you wait too long?

Defeated by packet loss.

Wukunlin.8461

Good question, but everytime when I get to that spot I don’t see the adds anymore.

Oceanic [LOD]

Posted by: Dolan.3071

Dolan.3071

That was a quick infraction, mfw it was probably the Arah “pros” who flagged it.

Uriel Asther ~ Warrior | Kaya Lereau ~ Elementalist | Natalie Fox ~ Thief
Skye Eterna ~ Mesmer | Arya Slade ~ Charrdian | Kiera Thine ~ Ranger
Oceanic ~ [LOD] [Noob]

Posted by: guanlongwucaii.3162

guanlongwucaii.3162

Pretty sure that the adds disappear once you get Brie below 50%. Only the little grubs remain.

Luke.2643

Pretty sure that the adds disappear once you get Brie below 50%. Only the little grubs remain.

The fact is (in my experience) that if you go hide behind something when she’s 1% she’ll start summoning adds because she can’t see you. if you just run far enough without beeing behind something she won’t.

TKiller.6829

The fact is (in my experience) that if you go hide behind something when she’s 1% she’ll start summoning adds because she can’t see you. if you just run far enough without beeing behind something she won’t.

Yep, that’s it. This was my mistake.

Defeated by packet loss.

Rafahil.2857

There’s a spot where she won’t attack you and you maintain aggro. Once I’m home from work I’ll post a pic here where that spot is.

TKiller.6829

I already figured it out, but feel free to post if anyone else needs it.

Defeated by packet loss.

Rafahil.2857

Here it is. I hope this helps.

Attachments:

Harrahou.4518

Gross shield and Draconic armour? If your gonna sell arah rep the crowd and get a set of it….

R80 Multi Classer
Proud Owner of:

Rafahil.2857

Gross shield and Draconic armour? If your gonna sell arah rep the crowd and get a set of it….

I’m roleplaying him as a Chinese type mmo farmer so looks don’t matter for him only the money -_^ kekeke

Harrahou.4518

I’m roleplaying him as a Chinese type mmo farmer so looks don’t matter for him only the money -_^ kekeke

Question…How did you solo Lupi right, but couldn’t figure out a way to solo alphrad?

R80 Multi Classer
Proud Owner of:

Posted by: spoj.9672

spoj.9672

Theres no info about soloing alphard. Other than wethospu’s solo in which the boxes continuously respawn. I was able to learn lupi from watching videos and meleeing him in a group. Alphards attacks are completely negated by reflects in a group and theres no real danger compared to solo. I think its pretty understandable that people dont know how to solo alphard.

Harrahou.4518

Theres no info about soloing alphard. Other than wethospu’s solo in which the boxes continuously respawn. I was able to learn lupi from watching videos and meleeing him in a group. Alphards attacks are completely negated by reflects in a group and theres no real danger compared to solo. I think its pretty understandable that people dont know how to solo alphard.

Fair enough. My apologies Rafahil xD

R80 Multi Classer
Proud Owner of:

Posted by: Broadicea.8294

Broadicea.8294

I don’t think anyone has flat out stated it yet. One method is to kite her out of the center of the arena, towards the door that opens up when you kill her. There’s a wooden pole just in front and to the left of that doorway you can use for LoS until she gets close, then you can back up a bit (like 900 range or so) and she won’t get any closer. She’ll stay in that spot and you can just range each other all day long. The clones will despawn immediately and she won’t return to the center for dagger storm. You just need to do a side to side step to avoid her attacks, and dodge the scorpion wire.

Retired. Too many casuals.

Rafahil.2857

Well now a new problem has arisen…..I setup an lfg and people come in and kick me. All the work for nothing….

Harrahou.4518

Yeah, has been happening a lot lately. Most of the sellers have previous customers they ask when selling.

R80 Multi Classer
Proud Owner of: