Twilight Arbor Deadly Blossoms

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Redfield.6174

Redfield.6174

Trying to get the Nightmare Courte armor set has been hard as hell with those blossoms silently respawning and wiping a major part of the group if not it all. The first hit is incredibly strong and as major part of players go as a glass cannon berserker it is 2~3 hits and they are down.

So what is recomended to a, lets say, smooth run trough TA, vitality or toughness?

[BP] Necromancer
Dragonbrand Server

Posted by: EdwinLi.1284

EdwinLi.1284

I suggest both if you can but mostly high toughness since those DPS damage are basically small bug bits with high Toughness but issue is that your HP will be easily drained if you are down. I also suggest you get some Healing boosts to help boost your healing skill to make up for your lack of HP.

Posted by: Jujube.4981

Jujube.4981

If you down from them, you can throw 2 rocks and get a quick rally. I have found the blossoms have saved me multiple times after an untimely knight knockdown.

Posted by: CF Skyy.4082

CF Skyy.4082

Thief here, I roll around in ‘Zerker gear and have no trouble with the flowers really. The biggest thing here, in my opinion, is how fast they respawn. It’skittenfast and unless you have some people in the party with skills that jump from one target to another they really do become somewhat overwhelming after awhile if you’re say, pay more attention to the first boss, or the elite fines that spawn around him rather than the flowers themselves. I often end up dodging out of the spit circles and right into a flower.

Posted by: Redfield.6174

Redfield.6174

The first boss is not my biggest problem, the corridors at the “Up – Up” and “Forward – Up” path are my headache. 3 Vet worms in a tiny space full of blossoms… and that tunnel full of doggies which reallykitten me off getting trhough it.

[BP] Necromancer
Dragonbrand Server

Posted by: Tetsuo.2593

Tetsuo.2593

The worst thing about the blossom is that they blend with the background and are really hard to spot. They are helpful when you die, but on the first boss they killed us more than anything.

Posted by: miya.5160

miya.5160

I think that instance would be even more frustrating if I could not Rally myself by killing the blossoms.

After getting the entire Nightmare set, I believe those blossoms to be a complete blessing in disguise.

Posted by: Kira Farcry.8436

Kira Farcry.8436

If you dodge roll through the blossoms you negate the damage, also if you’re running a warrior, a shield and a mace are your friends. Both give you in-vulnerabilities from blossoms. Also having one person with either aoe damage or a bouncing attack keep special note of where blossoms are and when they are killed can be your friend. If you nuke them before they fully respawn you’ll be in safe shape, so just have one or two people be on extra alert about it. Last thing I can say is condition removal is your friend. Pack at least one condition removal skill at all times. After running the dungeon 15+ times the blossoms shouldn’t really pose a problem.

Elegance in simplicity; Beauty in design.

Posted by: Lewis Burnell.2493

Lewis Burnell.2493

Well, there are a couple of full proof methods really.

1. Task a member of the team to focus on the spores inbetween fighting enemies.
2. Have a member of the team use swiftness skills to run through.
3. Have a member of the team (after killing the spores) pull the enemies back to the team who are waiting in safe areas.
4. Have members of the team take condition removal skills, such as Nuff Field which work really well.

No amount of toughness will really save you from them, but HP does play its part.

Posted by: Elythor.6320

Elythor.6320

As a Guardian…clearing blossoms is an extremely easy task by spamming #1 on my Staff. Since you know what section of the dungeon has blossoms, just switch to Staff and run ahead of the pack with #1. If you are worried about sudden spawn of packs, that’s what #5 is for. Delay mobs until the rest of your party catches up.

Posted by: barringer.7623

barringer.7623

Is no one going to mention how often the blossoms bug out and become untouchable?

Posted by: Coredusk.3156

Coredusk.3156

Elementalist: Can’t hit them with chain lightning (air 1) but can hit them with fire 1 & earth 1. You need projectiles starting high enough or going in a nice arc. Those flowers respawn time is pretty sick indeed though =D

Need a good team for this! Active flowerkilling, efficient target bursting, good dodging (not in the flowers).

I’m always up for runs for explorable if anyone’s interested!

Posted by: barringer.7623

barringer.7623

@Coredusk.3156

I’m an ele, and only sometimes can I hit them with chain lightning. This needs to be fixed as it’s really the only viable way for us to clear them.

Posted by: Zenyatoo.4059

Zenyatoo.4059

ele
d/d
evasive arcana + the cleansing wave buff
use vapor blade to 1-2 shot the blooms from a distance.
If you get poisoned you can
1. attune to water to heal and cure it in an AOE (doable every 10 seconds with 30 arcana)
2. press 5 to heal and cure it while in water attune in an AOE
3. roll to heal and cure it in an AOE (doable every 10 seconds)