Twilight Arbor F/U boss solo

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Yat.9324

Yat.9324

it’s really very easy… it just took almost a half hour.

As a heads up, the two other people in the party attacked at about 3% to get credit. i had elixir S off cool down, so i wasn’t in any kind of trouble, and could have easily finished the fight solo.

Yat.9324

so as it turns out, youtube is STILL getting the video set up. should be another 5 minutes.

EDIT: Should be up and running!

(edited by Yat.9324)

Posted by: Sindustrial.1875

Sindustrial.1875

Just goes to show you, that even the biggest of deals people make, can be easily averted with simple strategies. People putting too much effort into their bolstering of difficulty, should put it towards the actual fight.

Yat.9324

Just goes to show you, that even the biggest of deals people make, can be easily averted with simple strategies. People putting too much effort into their bolstering of difficulty, should put it towards the actual fight.

I think for most people… the problem is that they’re too dead set on being able to just burn a boss down. Too many people are unwilling to put effort in to fights, and those same people are the ones that say GW2 is too easy. When they run in to something they can’t just faceroll, it’s “broken” or “too hard”.

Posted by: Docta Bojangles.7245

Docta Bojangles.7245

I could totally do this on my berzerk ranger. All I need is to spam auto-attack on my shortbow.

Posted by: swiftpaw.6397

swiftpaw.6397

I think for most people… the problem is that they’re too dead set on being able to just burn a boss down. Too many people are unwilling to put effort in to fights, and those same people are the ones that say GW2 is too easy. When they run in to something they can’t just faceroll, it’s “broken” or “too hard”.

This boss is facerollable though. Just have your team pack dps, guardian pop reflects and everyone melee down, takes around a minute to kill, just did it earlier with 3 wars, one LH ele and a guardian. It was a total dps race to kill it before the reflects expired, that was about it lol.

Grandmaster Forum Mind Brain
|-Swiftpaw Sharpclaw [DnT]-|

Yat.9324

This boss is facerollable though. Just have your team pack dps, guardian pop reflects and everyone melee down, takes around a minute to kill, just did it earlier with 3 wars, one LH ele and a guardian. It was a total dps race to kill it before the reflects expired, that was about it lol.

yeah, but that takes some kind of group setup. you have a strategy for it. what i’m talking about is people just using whatever, and thinking they can just auto attack everything to death.

Posted by: Nikaido.3457

Nikaido.3457

I sincerely doubt that the kiting “strategy” could ever work well in a group setting. Aggro will be far more chaotic, paths will intersect at some point and people will invariably go down until someone with some iron will decides to keep the act up even with the group dead and solo the boss.

At least, that’s what happened every single time I did TA Story which has a similarly annoying boss in pugs, despite being a faceroll boss when done with my guild. One of the TA story boss spawns poison fields + spiders, and all three times I pugged this (except my first time, where it was someone else who had done the soloing), at first we all wiped, then once I got the pattern for kiting right I survived and soloed the last 40% of health. I wouldn’t really call that a winning strategy.. unless you enjoy running around in circles for a long time while the rest of your group watches and go all cheer-leading in party chat..

I won’t really pug this path (F/U) again, but even if I was successful kiting this I would abandon the run if it meant soloing for 15+ minutes. From previous similar experiences I just don’t see it, a group of five people doing this.

- “No tears, please. It’s a waste of good suffering.”

Posted by: Zenith.7301

Zenith.7301

I sincerely doubt that the kiting “strategy” could ever work well in a group setting. Aggro will be far more chaotic, paths will intersect at some point and people will invariably go down until someone with some iron will decides to keep the act up even with the group dead and solo the boss.

At least, that’s what happened every single time I did TA Story which has a similarly annoying boss in pugs, despite being a faceroll boss when done with my guild. One of the TA story boss spawns poison fields + spiders, and all three times I pugged this (except my first time, where it was someone else who had done the soloing), at first we all wiped, then once I got the pattern for kiting right I survived and soloed the last 40% of health. I wouldn’t really call that a winning strategy.. unless you enjoy running around in circles for a long time while the rest of your group watches and go all cheer-leading in party chat..

I won’t really pug this path (F/U) again, but even if I was successful kiting this I would abandon the run if it meant soloing for 15+ minutes. From previous similar experiences I just don’t see it, a group of five people doing this.

It’s perfectly doable in a group. I’ve done it as I’m forced to pug and most of the time 3/5 people on the team are dead and it’s me and the other guy with enough sense to kite around in a circle. The projectiles, if you’ve learned anything from spvp or wvw from these spiders can easily be strafed and rarely hit.

The only thing to watch out for is the root the boss does occasionally, and to not let the spiders melee you because they can cripple. Bring some condi removal and you’ll be fine.

This “strategy” is what has allowed me to clear the path with PuGs. The stand in melee and reflect just often fails in PuGs who will not rotate reflects properly and use deficient DPS weapons so we run out of reflects before the boss is down.

I can record the same instance on my ele doing the same as OP if you want. It’s considerably slower than your group runs, but I need tokens for my necro’s condi WvW roam spec and another set of TA for my thief’s new looks and my guild is a WvW dominant guild so getting people for dungeons is like pulling teeth (and so I have to PuG TA most of the time — the only friend list/groups I have organized are for fractal 48 dailies).

(edited by Zenith.7301)

Posted by: Nikaido.3457

Nikaido.3457

It’s perfectly doable in a group. I’ve done it as I’m forced to pug and most of the time 3/5 people on the team are dead

Did you read my post correctly? This is exactly what I meant. You seem to have read the first line and then skipped everything else.

I can record the same instance on my ele doing the same as OP if you want.

There is no point because I never said you couldn’t solo the kiting. Now if you enjoy doing 15+ minutes of running around in circles..

- “No tears, please. It’s a waste of good suffering.”

(edited by Nikaido.3457)

Posted by: Zenith.7301

Zenith.7301

I read it.

The only reason people go down is because they can’t even circle kite properly. That’s how bad people can be.

The entire group can survive it if they all circle in the same direction and keep up with each other. In fact it gets easier because people can body block for others and reduce the chances that someone will be put in a bad spot.

P.S. I don’t mean to be a contrarian. It’s just what’s worked for me positively in groups who can’t handle melee. Meleeing properly requires people be adapted to it. It seems simple when you’ve already done fractal 48 and Lupicus, but most people I encounter can’t melee properly at all, let alone position correctly on reflect fields. I can’t count the amount of times I’ve set down a wall on my guardian and want to /wrist when I see 2 or more people outside it eating projectiles.

(edited by Zenith.7301)

Posted by: Syn Sity.5826

Syn Sity.5826

I read it.

The only reason people go down is because they can’t even circle kite properly. That’s how bad people can be.

The entire group can survive it if they all circle in the same direction and keep up with each other. In fact it gets easier because people can body block for others and reduce the chances that someone will be put in a bad spot.

P.S. I don’t mean to be a contrarian. It’s just what’s worked for me positively in groups who can’t handle melee. Meleeing properly requires people be adapted to it. It seems simple when you’ve already done fractal 48 and Lupicus, but most people I encounter can’t melee properly at all, let alone position correctly on reflect fields. I can’t count the amount of times I’ve set down a wall on my guardian and want to /wrist when I see 2 or more people outside it eating projectiles.

You offered to record a video doing exactly what the OP was doing (soloing) when he clearly stated that it wasn’t a great tactic for groups. The main issue with doing this in a pug is that someone is bound to go down (probably from running into the root attack that was targetted to someone else) and people try to res and that gets them killed etc. And eventually it’s just one or two people left circle kiting and they are able to survive and you end up spending 10-15 minutes just on the boss which makes it not a very good tactic.

[DnT]